As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[bad food] rides eternal

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I can't believe that's real (as in it's actually weeks old). It looks like somebody made some biscuits and gravy and stuck it on a vertical rotisserie.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    UK bad food thread alert.

Last night I had Tesco finest chicken Kiev.

I can confirm that they are excellent.

That is all.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Bad food thread today I am making a curry

And I am once again going to make my own curry sauce

Although I a yet to be like "yeah this was worth it over just buying some!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Doner meat doesn't generally have sauce on it on the spit, so I'd assume that is warm bacterial lamb goo.

Imagine the smell

Edit: looking again the stuff down the bottom looks like raw chicken so maybe that is a sauce, and I'm not convinced of that tweet's veracity

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    UK bad food thread alert.

Last night I had Tesco finest chicken Kiev.

I can confirm that they are excellent.

That is all.

Supermarket kievs are always good imo, even the cheap ones. But I mean fill something with garlic butter and cover it in breadcrumbs and I'm basically guaranteed to love it.

They're usually too small though. I make my own cos then you can have big boys and don't have to eat 2 and can convince yourself it's healthier.

Doner meat doesn't generally have sauce on it on the spot, so I'd assume that is warm bacterial lamb goo.

Imagine the smell

Edit: looking again the stuff down the bottom looks like raw chicken so maybe that is a sauce, and I'm not convinced of that tweet's veracity

Doner meat on a rotating spit would be under the heat lamp for that whole time, right? So I would expect it to be Doner jerky, not...whatever the fuck that is.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Bad food thread today I am making a curry

And I am once again going to make my own curry sauce

Although I a yet to be like "yeah this was worth it over just buying some!

Don't be mean with the ginger

Add some fenugreek

Remember that vegetables like onions and tomatoes reduce and give up a lot more water than you'd think

And a good curry base needs some oil in there, don't let anyone tell you differently. If that makes you nervous, chuck in a tin of coconut milk so you can pretend it's just milk, not 1000 calories of vegetable fat.

So I bought some minced steak on special, and I had a home made cheeseburger for lunch, then just now a homemade cheeseburger for my dinner.

I don't feel bad about it at all, so my question is: do I need to fill in a form, or does my green card just arrive in 10-15 working days IDK how this works exactly?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Doner meat doesn't generally have sauce on it on the spot, so I'd assume that is warm bacterial lamb goo.

Imagine the smell

Doner meat on a rotating spit would be under the heat lamp for that whole time, right? So I would expect it to be Doner jerky, not...whatever the fuck that is.

It'd almost certainly have the heat turned off so it didn't burn the place down because it was left unattended. I mean, lockdown doesn't typically happen instantaneously.
    And, if it had been growing and spinning like that for weeks, there's be a lot more goo on that table. It looks like it just started dripping.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Imagine the smell

It'd almost certainly have the heat turned off so it didn't burn the place down because it was left unattended. I mean, lockdown doesn't typically happen instantaneously.
    And, if it had been growing and spinning like that for weeks, there's be a lot more goo on that table. It looks like it just started dripping.

It looks like if Peter North ran a kebab stand.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    V1m wrote: »
    So I bought some minced steak on special, and I had a home made cheeseburger for lunch, then just now a homemade cheeseburger for my dinner.

I don't feel bad about it at all, so my question is: do I need to fill in a form, or does my green card just arrive in 10-15 working days IDK how this works exactly?

I had homemade cheeseburger for dinner yesterday. It was real good, I am definitely getting better at burgers. What cheese did you use? We go for Emmenthal because it melts in a pleasingly gooey way

• TefTef Registered User regular
    I had the most amazing Turkish/Greek yesterday. Just a big old meze platter, sitting on the deck on a hot summer’s day it was real, real good

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    The gooey doner just looks like a yoghurt marinade, maybe with slightly less than perfect lightning. I'd assume it was just put on the spit.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    V1m wrote: »

I had homemade cheeseburger for dinner yesterday. It was real good, I am definitely getting better at burgers. What cheese did you use? We go for Emmenthal because it melts in a pleasingly gooey way

The nearest I could get to 'American cheese' which is that pre-sliced smoked 'Bavarian' cheese you get in packets

It works pretty well

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

"contaminated" seems like an awfully gentle word here

I may have gone with "booby-trapped"

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hot Pockets are already booby traps. They're usually just napalm-based instead of spike-based.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It's a three day weekend and I didn't want to cook, so Indian food it was again. Got my standard chicken tikka and naan (they didn't give me the garlic naan I asked for though, kinda annoyed at that) plus a bowl of goat curry to try it out.

My verdict is that goat curry is good, goat curry with chunks of bone still in the meat not so much. Glad I went with standard curry, there was a spicy variant I saw and considering my well my sinuses are flowing right now that one'd probably burn a hole in my guts. The goat itself is good. You could tell me it's tender beef though and I'd believe you, that's the texture I'm getting. The soup itself is a onion gravy with spices that's pairing very nicely with the goat. Were it not for the bone chunks it'd be a definite rebuy, but very annoying to have to chew around the chunk then spit it out. Portions are decent too, I'll get two meals out of this and two from the chicken tikka, so that's another plus for this restaurant. I'll have to make a personal visit when things open up again for sure.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Somehow I accidentally ordered a burrito from Del Taco with both 3 scoops of guacamole and 3 slices of fresh avocado, when I meant to only add the guac. All of this was in addition to the normal burrito fillings. Somehow that line cook managed to wrap the whole thing up almost perfectly but boy howdy is this burrito about ready to burst.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Gotta be honest, pretty sure I could catch both on fire in my oven...
    If I turned the broiler on

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    My wife once tried to bake cookies on wax paper. She said they tasted like crayons.

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, parchment paper is only really good to 425. It'll take 450 but if it's a long bake it can catch.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    LaOs wrote: »

Yeah, parchment paper is only really good to 425. It'll take 450 but if it's a long bake it can catch.

Parchment paper should be fine at 450. It'll even be fine under the broiler if it isn't too close, for too long.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Parchment paper should be fine at 450. It'll even be fine under the broiler if it isn't too close, for too long.

Nah, my joke is more that I have a gas oven, so the broiler is an open flame.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

The last time I read the box it said its max was 425, but it's been a while. I've had some bakes get very, very charred at 450. I imagine you could do higher so long as you kept an eye on it.

KalTorak wrote: »
    My wife once tried to bake cookies on wax paper. She said they tasted like crayons.

Why does your wife know what crayons taste like

Pfft, like anywhere here doesn't

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

they look like candy

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I made Claire's Coffee Coffee cake today.
    It's very delicious but would be even more delicious with better coffee, I just used whatever old ground beans we had.
    https://youtu.be/HE1RqKSa1z8

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

I distinctly remember being five watching children eat crayons, paper, and paste.

sarukun wrote: »

I distinctly remember being five watching children eat crayons, paper, and paste.

we call that a craft salad

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Never ate crayons or pastels. I have seen pics of me eating paste and I definitely huffed the fruit scented markers all year in 1st grade.

~ Buckaroo Banzai

Never ate crayons or pastels. I have seen pics of me eating paste and I definitely huffed the fruit scented markers all year in 1st grade.

If you haven't eaten crayons you haven't lived my friend

it's never too late

@Darth Waiter can tell us all about eating crayons

How many other marines do we have on these boards?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke

it's never too late

Ehh, if I get a hankering for wax I'll just grab some Dots or Brach's orange slices.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I used to eat dog kibble by the handful, apparently

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    If you eat crayons do you get rainbow poops?

it's never too late

Ehh, if I get a hankering for wax I'll just grab some Dots or Brach's orange slices.

This is the bad food thread so...candy corn?

If you eat crayons do you get rainbow poops?

I haven't had an experience like that since the Flintstones Push-Pops from the mid-90's. It was always an adventure: "What shade will today bring?"

~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.