As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2020! The elf is now off the shelf...

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Crossposting from the other thread:

He did it

By God, the mad lad actually did it
    ui6by44olnq1.jpeg

Thank you @Tef , very excited to play this in my only CD player remaining, my PC tower

I also haven't stopped laughing for about five minutes

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Target acquired.
    Disengaging all safety restrictions.
    Release gifting joy on my mark.
    3, 2, 1....FIRE!!

Gift away!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Haha yay!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    9DxtKmH.gif

Apparently my Secret Santa wasn't done as @Tofystedeth struck again!

A couple of days ago I was asked what kind of music I liked and if I liked video game music. I said yes and then was sent this:

45uc86116aa7.jpg

I was... confused? A SNES cartridge with a USB cord attached to it? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?

I plugged it in and was awarded with all of the music from Super Soul Bros! (I think it's all of it anyway)

I've listened to a few of the tracks and it's pretty damn great! Thanks!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    You're welcome!
    Yeah, it's their whole discography. They're my favorite band currently.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Aw man, so after doing what I thought was enough research, it turns out that a thing I ordered wasn't at all what I wanted...so now I have to return it, but I already ordered the (correct) replacement!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Presents away! I hope you like them, Santee!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Cross postin'
    #pipe wrote: »
    3TX0C9Q.gif
    Holy shit! A GIANT box showed up to my door and inside was a GIANT bag! Shown here with a Bean for reference
    u8rwbq3dd2md.jpg

I read the cards and learned my gift is from Handkor , who saw something on my wishlist and thought "nah... nah, I can do better than this"
    09f8wiivr946.jpg

It's an instant pot! But a bigger and better version than the one on my list! This is so rad, thank you! I am hopefully soon to embark on a JOURNEY of weight-loss surgery and a complete change in my daily eating routine, and being able to make lots of meals in advance and just eat out of the fridge is going to make my life a lot easier.

They also included some important maintenance advice and help in the form of a pair of replacement silicone seals, which wear out over time.

So genuinely, this is going to be a huge help for me and my family and I'm very appreciative!

Thank you again @Handkor !

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I'm glad you wanted one, these things are great.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    EDIT: gifter discovered in the D&D thread because I'm blind and can't read sign-up lists well or something. 😂

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    3TX0C9Q.gif

A fun adventure started the other day when I received a PM from proxy the elf. Apparently my gift was delivered TO ME last Saturday. I was fast asleep when this supposed delivery was made. After some back and forth, my gifter was revealed as @Cristoval! I spoke to them a few times and then finally got in touch with Amazon CS. They were super helpful and gave me a gift card for the balance of the gifts that were lost. Today, I received a beautiful Scott Pilgrim Colour Collection boxset and AT-ST Raider LEGO set and I also received this final warning "But fear, for there shall be more giiiifting."

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    santee- santa's sleigh is on its way!

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Haven't sent a gift out yet - that's coming soon - but in the meantime my wife and I made a card: f5byljf7w4vq.jpg

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    3TX0C9Q.gif

Real name was listed on the gift tags, so I am uncertain who to shout out for thanks, but I got a really wonderful package today!
    FBaaz0y.jpg?1

A book I've been excited to read for a while, a game that seems like it'll be a blast for my wife and I, and some ridiculously-tasty spicy Virginia peanuts that I've already had a feverish handful of. A really, really delightful gift, thank you so much Satan!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    3TX0C9Q.gif

Real name was listed on the gift tags, so I am uncertain who to shout out for thanks, but I got a really wonderful package today!
    FBaaz0y.jpg?1

A book I've been excited to read for a while, a game that seems like it'll be a blast for my wife and I, and some ridiculously-tasty spicy Virginia peanuts that I've already had a feverish handful of. A really, really delightful gift, thank you so much Satan!

It was I! Hmmmm I thought I threw my screen name in there, whoops! It kept resetting all the gift tags like 5 times.

I hope you enjoy! I'm glad I guessed right on liking spicy snacks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oh, Santaaa! I think I got something from you last night!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    my name is satan, elvenshae!!!!

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    9DxtKmH.gif

F6281-B1-D-947-D-43-F2-BD5-F-8-D3-E00-E18-B1-C.jpg

Thank you, Santa! This will go great in my office to holder my smaller reference books!

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    A PM RECEIVED!

It appears Santa has gone hybrid and sent me some digital gifts while physical ones are enroute!
    It is I, your Santa! The physical item(s) are coming in the mail, but in the meantime, here are two $10 codes for Nintendo EShop Funbux. You mentioned that you have more than one Switch in the house, so you can either use one code for each, or just redeem them both on your primary Switch so the secondary one can play the games too.

Thank you @cooljammer00 !

I haven't been keeping up on recent switch releases, so this will be great for us! The hard part will be deciding what to get! I'm open to suggestions. I've got the basics (Odyssey, Kart, Party, Pokémon).

Sorry I was late to post, it's been a rough few weeks for us, and haven't been in the Christmas spirit at all. Our tree even fell over today. So this is also a sorry to my Santee as I haven't done any shopping yet at all. Soon!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    A PM RECEIVED!

It appears Santa has gone hybrid and sent me some digital gifts while physical ones are enroute!
    It is I, your Santa! The physical item(s) are coming in the mail, but in the meantime, here are two $10 codes for Nintendo EShop Funbux. You mentioned that you have more than one Switch in the house, so you can either use one code for each, or just redeem them both on your primary Switch so the secondary one can play the games too.

Thank you @cooljammer00 !

I haven't been keeping up on recent switch releases, so this will be great for us! The hard part will be deciding what to get! I'm open to suggestions. I've got the basics (Odyssey, Kart, Party, Pokémon).

Sorry I was late to post, it's been a rough few weeks for us, and haven't been in the Christmas spirit at all. Our tree even fell over today. So this is also a sorry to my Santee as I haven't done any shopping yet at all. Soon!

The Picross S games are great puzzlers, Luigi's Mansion 3 is great, and if you don't already have them on Steam Slay the Spire and Dicey Dungeons are both wonderful library additions.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I think it's time for a ...

8hyrx1dwcdjl.gif

!!!

Last night, a whole bunch of boxes appeared because that's how we shop these days. But one of them was labeled not just to me, but to [First Name] Elvenshae [Last Name] - a sure sign that a Santa has been Secretly sneaking about!

Unfortunately, I didn't notice that until it was quite late and my assistants were in bed fast asleep, so the package needed to wait an additional day to be prised open.

My assistants prepare to reveal the treasures inside:
    ecob1e7zmdxg.jpg
    (They wanted an "Action Shot," so they partially opened the box for the picture.)

Inside, approximately 42 pounds of cannons, trade tokens, and Caribbean fortresses!
    vfiiyjhi6667.jpg

49b5h6o5xvdp.jpg

And who could my Secret Santa be? Why, 'tis none other than @Rorshach Kringle himself, with a most kind note!
    mcmbkmdxqva3.jpg

I hope you enjoy this game. I haven't played it myself, but the fact that it is endlessly customizable should really make that quarantine life go by ... well, a little quicker!

From Rorshach Kringle

Age of Sail stuff is extremely my jam. I can't wait to take advantage of some days off coming up to dive into the rulebook, teach my wife to play, and then get roundly beaten!

Thank you, RK, for an wonderfully thoughtful gift. Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    8hyrx1dwcdjl.gif

Poochie gift came from @Zonugal !
    It's a spooder.
    yfmv6fx7zjnj.jpg
    My partner is usually against rope toys because they require more attention... Skye on the other hand couldn't wait for me to unpackage it...
    ck942nflkc1u.jpg
    jaj3vcho8uc5.jpg
    28hmrlcd96xh.jpg

She already frayed up one of the legs so I had to take it off her for now while I'm working, but she seems to really like it. Thanks Zonugal!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I have received a sinister message overnight!

Of wretched light and cursed flame, I turn my gaze to thee,
    And send forth fiends with packages, of numbers counting three.
    The morrow, day of Pagan Christ, or some damn’d day betwixt,
    Shall all arrive, by my dark word, at latest 26th

This is great news! I am the most stressed I have ever been right now trying to sort out a house move. Looks like im now moving next week (though will still have my previous apartment for a short while after to collect the gifts!) so this has really lightened my week up. How exciting!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    8hyrx1dwcdjl.gif

Got some boxes today, which I pretty much have every day since March 14th! I didn't think anything of it until I opened them and found they were from my secret santa!
    Wild Box (well...bag) appears!

50700746946_981acfd821_c.jpg

What could it be?

A secret Santa present!

50700826367_476684063a_c.jpg

Oh boy, my son is going to love this. It's Iron Man lego!

50700003888_8411aaedc0_c.jpg

That's not all! A few days ago I got a shipment notification for a box from Target. I thought it was something my wife ordered. Well I was wrong!

50700826482_ea1c675fdc_c.jpg

What's inside here?

The Super Mario Bros Game and Watch!?

50700826512_55382ab8a4_c.jpg

This thing is so cool! It's such a neat little Nintendo collectible that I thought I would miss out on this year. I'm beyond thrilled! I've already got it charged up. The screen is really nice. Maybe Nintendo will release more of these things (like a Zelda one!)

50700826517_e86f52cef6_c.jpg

My son begged to put the Iron Man thing together so we did that!

50700746621_5d9eda2afe_c.jpg

Hey...Seems to be a similar color scheme going on here!

50700830242_b6426a8c5a_c.jpg

All in all, fantastic gifts! So who was my Santa? It was @jclast ! Thanks so much for the great gifts! Merry Christmas!

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Yay! I'm glad they both arrived safely! Merry Christmas!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I genuinely had to remember how to browse to different subforums. Hello G&T I am here with you now because!

ep93jzc1h8lc.png

I've been expecting two packages today, my monthly coffee bean surprise box and some b o o z e, but instead the postman came to my door with a large mysterious parcel!

Inside there was no note that I could find! But I saw the company name on the box and was INSTANTLY EXCITED!
    AUZkjKcl.jpg

qoRxfTYh.jpg
    (The hen is new, the owl is old)

nAsoD7tl.jpg

EEEEEE I've always wanted one of these Fairmont & Main egg holders (they make them in ducks and chickies and I love them all so much) but it's such a silly frivolous thing that I'd never be able to justify buying it for myself. Charlotte has been languishing on my wishlist for ages. Now she lives in my kitchen next to my weird owl cookie jar! As soon as I buy new eggs I will be putting her to good use!

I can't be 100% sure this is a Satansmas gift due to the lack of card (which is 100% okay!) because I know a couple of other people in my life are sending me gifts but if this was you, The Devil, thank you!!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Now I want to play a modded SotN where everything is Christmas.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Chains (as I’ve seen them in the SE thread, with a few additions I've pulled from this page)

?? > Tonkka
    ??> MNC Dover
    ?? > Lost Salient
    Apparently not Bucketman? > Veldrin 2

Naphtali > Romanian My Escutcheon 2
    Goose! > Skeith
    Noggin > Zonugal > KoopahTroopah 2
    Tef > Cello
    Handkor > #pipe
    cooljammer00 > ArcSyn
    Rorshach Kringle > Elvenshae
    jclast > Cameron_Talley
    Tofystedth > Halfazedninja
    Cristoval > theoriginalz
    DiannaoChong > Poorochondriac

I'm much better about keeping up with the SE thread, but I'll try to cross-check here for posts as well.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    We usually have a spreadsheet that somebody puts together.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    If my Santa is in here and still looking for ideas, get me a good ass cushion. My chair sucks.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    If my Santa is in here and still looking for ideas, get me a good ass cushion. My chair sucks.

I feel this. I didn't care that there weren't any comfortable office chairs in the house because I don't PC game .... and now I WFH after extended unemployment and I suddenly care greatly.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Elin wrote: »

I feel this. I didn't care that there weren't any comfortable office chairs in the house because I don't PC game .... and now I WFH after extended unemployment and I suddenly care greatly.

During lockdown, I fell into a rabbit hole of "Chair Youtube", which is its own cottage industry just like "Makeup Youtube", with the same type of payola scandals and accusations of influencers being on the take.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    My gift is in route... excellent... excellent!

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    A mysterious package arrived today. I will open it and post pictures later!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    OK, I've ordered what (I think) are the final items to be gifted.
    Now...the waiting...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    GIFT GET I THINK?!

I received a box this evening with NO NOTE. It is something that I did not order. It could be from anyone but I am ASSUMING it's from my Santa!
    9zsv0q0yjc79.jpg
    Thank you for the Read Dead Redemption 2 soundtrack on vinyl!
    An absolute brilliant score. Perfect background noise.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Cross post!

I was visited upon by a mysterious stranger carrying an even more mysterious package this afternoon. "I didn't order anything to deserve such visitations," I informed the stranger "Get off my porch!".

"Not my problem!" He said and heaved the rather weighty package at my face, knocking me down on my ass. He turned and headed back down my front steps. "Take it up with Bezos!" he shouted from his van, flipping a pretty respectable bird as he turned the engine over and peeled off. RUDE.

Anyway.

WHAT MYSTERY!

11b1l5kl82d0.jpg

The package in question. Rather typical. Don't know why I took a picture but it seems like the thing to do.

q4g03d5z10ri.jpg

DELICIOUS TREASURE! The Superior M&M(tm)! It was paired with a note from my Satan, but also included their real name which I will not share here just in case! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE SATAN, YET AT THE SAME TIME HAVE NO CLUE. Tricky tricky...

Thanks all the same, I WILL enjoy these!!

EDIT:

Aaaannnd all the M&M's are gone :(

You did this to me, Satan! You did this!

And I thank you.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    I'm all for receiving candy, but I have to know - are there places where one can't routinely get penaut M&Ms? Because that seems cruel.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    dang you downed 600 grams of M&Ms in one day

hella dedication to the snacks!

This discussion has been closed.