As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2020 Election Thread

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh shit over 200 new posts in a few hours? What the hell happ--

*picks up newspaper, rolls it tightly*

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular

legend has it when clinton and his people were leaving the white house they stole all the Ws off all the keyboards in the place

this probably isn't true though because it would require bill clinton to be cool

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    The second eating ass got mentioned in this thread I could no longer bring myself to turn away.

But you'll never get your ass eaten if you don't turn away

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

The only cure is shitposting

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

You can be the warden of horny jail.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Boomhauer is absolutley astounding in bed.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Remember that week where people wrote a bunch of fanfiction about Ivanka Trump wanting to fuck Justin Trudeau because a photo from a meeting had her looking at him

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    My manager commented the other day about how engaged I was with American politics, given I'm not even a citizen. And at some point in the future, when she retires or I quit, I might tell her why I need such in-depth knowledge of the persons in question.

ALso this post got me thinking about australian PM fuckstyles but I'll spare you the details because only about 5 people in here would appreciate the nuances.

Kevin Rudd spends the entire time apologizing, until the very end when he just says "thank you" over and over

He did go to that strip club in the US that one time.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

Look Mads, we're not going to kink shame you here.

You do whatever you want with that newspaper.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Do you think the person who invented oral sex was lauded or reviled in their time?

we were doing that shit way before there was any concept of a 'person'
    we're basically taller, more anxiety-driven bonobos. Licking other peoples genitals was probably how we said 'hello' for at least a few thousand years.

On the offhand chance we ever meet in person, I'd be fine with a simple handshake.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

legend has it when clinton and his people were leaving the white house they stole all the Ws off all the keyboards in the place

this probably isn't true though because it would require bill clinton to be cool

It absolutely is true. They also filled desk drawers with glue and let them dry.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-jun-12-na-clinton12-story.html

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    We lost races we shouldn't have lost, now let's learn the opposite of every lesson we should take away from it!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    It doesnt matter how many of the levers of party power they control, if leftists exist itll be their fault when the party loses.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    what are the basics, fuck the poor?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

what're you gonna do? rub our noses in it?

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    y'all are all too horny on main

I talk a big game, but I'm a secret prude.

A real Grover Cleveland.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    what are the basics, fuck the poor?

Be conservatives

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Theyre all going to ignore how Omar and Tlaib saved this thing for Biden

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I bought into a lot of toxic patriarchal attitudes about comrade Kevin when he was in parliament.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Google search summary has Biden at 264 electoral votes

The electors of each state meet in their respective state capital on the first Monday after the second Wednesday of December to cast their votes.

What in the hell is this bullshit

Good fucking grief

Fucking december fucking 14?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

what're you gonna do? rub our noses in it?

You ever hear of a little game called Baldi's Basics?
    *tap*

*tap*

*tap*

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

The electors of each state meet in their respective state capital on the first Monday after the second Wednesday of December to cast their votes.

Good fucking grief

What? When do you suggest they perform the Dark Ritual, if not the first Monday after the Second Wednesday of December? The Winter Anti-Solstice? We tried that, it never worked properly.

Last time we tried that was with William Henry Harrison, and look how that turned out. It took weeks to hunt down that demon and smite it, and then we had to make up a story about him dying from Typhus to cover it all up.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Pelosi to House Democrats: "We did not win every battle, but we won the war"

FUCK OFF PELOSI

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I won't lie, before the election I was very skeptical of the leftist position that the policies people run on matter and that getting people excited about a Thing they can grab on to (M4A, GND, etc) will turn them out to vote -- despite me wanting those things badly

But like, I don't know how you can look at the election as "running on leftist policies lost dems the election"

Fucking progressive and dem-soc policy props/referendums won all over the fucking place! Minimum wage! Medicaid expansion! Transit! Criminal justice! Fucking partial marijuana legalization in god damn fucking Mississippi

The dems lost elections in Texas because the latinx vote turned against them after voting for dems in considerable numbers when Clinton ran!

They can't blame voter turnout (highest turnout since 1900s), voter suppression (gerrymandering is still an issue but not when it comes to the presidential), bad candidates ("Clinton was a woman and really unpopular whereas Biden is a white man and "charismatic" lol), or leftist positions (see above). Centrist isn't popular, and this election made that abundantly clear. "Defund the police" didn't lose democrats elections except in maybe the most marginal of circumstances.

• Options

Good fucking grief

What are you on about? The president is formally voted on until the electors cast in December. The media calls the election based on "unofficial" counts and that's how we know who wins. Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania haven't been called yet because the unofficial counts aren't done.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Defund the police didn't lose the Dems anything because they didn't fucking push for it.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

Good fucking grief

Just wait til you find out they aren't technically required to vote the way their state asked them to!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

FUCK OFF PELOSI

If Biden wins we've essentially improvised a tourniquet for a suddenly severed leg while hiking in the woods.

We still need immediate emergency medical attention and are not in a position to seek it.

Also there's this lump on our chest that wasn't there before and keeps growing even though we've been ignoring it for a good while now.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Defund the police didn't lose the Dems anything because they didn't fucking push for it.

every losing centrist dem right now: "Maybe I'm a shit candidate?
    ... No. It's the voters who are wrong."

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular

"we mentioned it just enough to be attacked by our enemies, who would have attacked us anyway, but not enough to gain any supporters, therefore we must abandon it altogether"

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

Good fucking grief

What are you on about? The president is formally voted on until the electors cast in December. The media calls the election based on "unofficial" counts and that's how we know who wins. Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania haven't been called yet because the unofficial counts aren't done.

I hate the electoral college and this byzantine fucking bullshit and the weird wording of when it does what pissed me off

• Options

Center black voices lmao

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

FUCK OFF PELOSI

If Biden wins we've essentially improvised a tourniquet for a suddenly severed leg while hiking in the woods.

We still need immediate emergency medical attention and are not in a position to seek it.

Also there's this lump on our chest that wasn't there before and keeps growing even though we've been ignoring it for a good while now.

It's fine, don't worry about it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Liberals telling anyone, literally anyone, to "learn how to win" is just a harrowing window into the fantasy world they live in

• Options
    Maybe you can blame the media for not pushing Biden's policy agenda (whatever that's worth) out in the forefront, but that's on the Biden campaign to not do that, on the Dem leadership to not do that.

Fuck at least I'm willing to learn when I'm wrong and can be convinced of things. Bernie was successful partly because of his push on M4A. Maybe dems should try doing that! Probably won't convince all the racists, because economic anxiety isn't a real argument, but you'll convince some of the racists that go "oh that sounds good for me"

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

every losing centrist dem right now: "Maybe I'm a shit candidate?
    ... No. It's the voters who are wrong."

This guy seems alright.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Maybe you can blame the media for not pushing Biden's policy agenda (whatever that's worth) out in the forefront, but that's on the Biden campaign to not do that, on the Dem leadership to not do that.

Fuck at least I'm willing to learn when I'm wrong and can be convinced of things. Bernie was successful partly because of his push on M4A. Maybe dems should try doing that! Probably won't convince all the racists, because economic anxiety isn't a real argument, but you'll convince some of the racists that go "oh that sounds good for me"

The party and its base has proven imo that their judgement on what constitutes a safe bet is fatally flawed.

Theres no such thing as safe, but you have to have a positive narrative. Obama had one. Kerry, Clinton, and Biden did not.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Y'ever think of how many people Weed Lord Vegeta radicalized

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.