As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2020 Election Thread

ToxTox I kill threadshe/himRegistered User regular
edited November 2020 in Social Entropy++
So Twitch streamers Pokimane and Hasanabi managed to get a game of Among Us* set up with Congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar. At one point, they were both imposters, and Hasanabi uploaded the video of the match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_2XQEP2dro

Here's a link the Part 1 of the full stream (just under 3 hours): https://youtube.com/watch?v=czMOiQhWUY4

Among Us is a Mafia-style game where up to 10 players play as a part of a space crew sent to a location, each with a set of tasks to complete. But two of the players are secretly Imposters, whose job instead is to sabotage the mission and kill the crew. Like Mafia, the Imposters know who each other are, and the crew don't know who the Imposters are. When a dead body is found (or an emergency meeting is called), the crew deliberate and decide who, if anybody, is definitely an Imposter, and if the majority of votes cast in a round are cast for a given player, that player is "Voted Out" (killed). One neat thing added is that dead players become Ghosts and can continue to do tasks, so even dead players can continue to help. If the crew all finish their tasks before the Imposters kill them all, they win. If the Imposters manage to get to where half the surviving crew are Imposters, they win.
l2440muz23dq.jpg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
DJ Eebs on

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Good thread, thread title sucks absolute arse.

Satire is dead

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Good thread, thread title sucks absolute arse.

Satire is dead

better?

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I no longer think the thread is spam from the title, so yes.

Edit: Anyways the stream was pretty funny, if you like Among Us it's probably worth a watch

Kane Red Robe on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I've been really enjoying Among Us, with the specific caveat that if I get murdered and finish my tasks, there's nothing for me to do, and I'm so laser-focused on tasks I usually get them all done super quickly

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    uh is this an Among Us thread or a catchall election politics thread

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Found the imposter

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    if it's politics then it's good to point there were over half a million viewers, making it most likely the largest GOTV rally this year

zkHcp.jpg
    Kadith wrote: »
    if it's politics then it's good to point there were over half a million viewers, making it most likely the largest GOTV rally this year

Also the third most popular twitch stream ever

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Thee sis also two good moments on Dr Lupo’s stream of this of long term subscribers telling him they won’t sub to him anymore cause he’s bringing politics into his channel and well.

He ain’t having any of that weak shit in his channel

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    This makes me feel very old and out of touch

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My ballot has been verified & counted.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Voting early in Among Us: Very sus

Voting early IRL: Very cool

I ate an engineer
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I played one round of Among Us on my phone.

I was swiftly voted out because someone said they saw me “vent” which I didn’t even know how to do.

The I watched them vote off everybody except for the imposter until we lost.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Has dead body been reported yet?

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Has dead body been reported yet?

Nope, but everyone has been slamming the emergency button on cooldown

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Thee sis also two good moments on Dr Lupo’s stream of this of long term subscribers telling him they won’t sub to him anymore cause he’s bringing politics into his channel and well.

He ain’t having any of that weak shit in his channel

Considering all he said was, "please go vote." He specifically did not say who to vote for yet he was still getting hate messages and he very clearly told them where they could put those messages.

Also the hilarity of the round where he figured out it was AOC and Omar as the imposters and he was super nervous calling them out on it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I was swiftly voted out because someone said they saw me “vent” which I didn’t even know how to do.

Among Us is terrible with randos and terrible without voice chat.

I ate an engineer
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I was going to ask the mods if we can have another politics thread, but damn this is an excellent thread title.

Anyway lets toss Orange out the airlock

Bucketman wrote: »
    I was going to ask the mods if we can have another politics thread, but damn this is an excellent thread title.

Anyway lets toss Orange out the airlock

Yes and obviously this thread title was my first choice...

milski wrote: »

Among Us is terrible with randos and terrible without voice chat.

Speaking of which, there's a G&T Among Us thread with good people and voice chat right over thisaway: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/237654/the-among-us-thread-was-not-an-imposter-discord-group-info-in-op/p1

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Oh neat, I didn't know you could check the status of a mail in ballot. Mine has also been verified by the registrar.

For those in California, here's the link to check:

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-status

640qocnq4ske.gif
    Dammit, I forgot to mail in my ballot

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Do you have drop off options?

edited October 2020
    Well, probably, but I left it at home and I'm out of town until Sunday.

I live in Pennsylvania, so I have it to the post office and post marked by November 3

But I'll get it mailed Sunday afternoon

DouglasDanger on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Well, probably, but I left it at home and I'm out of town until Sunday.

I live in Pennsylvania, so I have it to the post office and post marked by November 3

But I'll get it mailed Sunday afternoon

Regardless, might still be best to see if there's a place you can drop it off in a ballot box early next week. I'm still being paranoid about mail.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea that machine is legit. Is the recording of the stream good? I wasn't able to catch it live.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I want that sticker for my laptop. If it weren't for the hair, it is subtle enough that I could legit display it at work in the far future and not piss off my conservative coworkers!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Yea that machine is legit. Is the recording of the stream good? I wasn't able to catch it live.

Apparently it's her deputy comms director's machine, not hers, but still :P

Jragghen wrote: »
    Sharing from the D&D thread

7TB SSD space is legit.

That powerstrip in the middle of the floor is a big early-00's LAN party mood

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »

7TB SSD space is legit.

I miss early 00s lan parties.

7TB SSD space is legit.

Me too, dude. Me too.

edited October 2020

7TB SSD space is legit.

Me too, dude. Me too.

In 2001 some highschool friends and i organized a 50 person lan in our small hometown at our convention center. It was amazing. My 9 year old brother owned everyone at counterstrike. Folks were amazed.

webguy20 on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I mailed in my voter registration admittedly a bit close to the deadline but definitely still postmarked before it

Nearly 3 weeks later I'm still not showing up as a registered voter so, that's fun

Speed Racer on
    I mailed in my voter registration admittedly a bit close to the deadline but definitely still postmarked before it

Nearly 3 weeks later I'm still not showing up as a registered voter so, that's fun

Anyplace you can call?

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    no

this is too stupid

please rewrite this

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    hahahahahahaha

edit: fuck you giuliani, you stupid asshole.

Label on
This discussion has been closed.