As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/26/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-october-november-2020/

Grim Fandango, Day of Tentacle and full Throttle coming on Thursday. Celeste and Deep Rock Galactic coming next week. And a bunch of other games.

That’s a really good drop.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Who made Deus Ex ?

I dont care - bring it back, you fools !

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Who made Deus Ex ?

Owned by Square-Enix, most recent entries made by Eidos Montreal, who are (or were) assisting with the Crystal Dynamics Avenger's game.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Who made Deus Ex ?

If you mean the original, Ion Storm is no more and Warren Spector has moved on. If you mean the past two, rebooted games, those were Eidos Montreal. Unfortunately they were reshuffled to work with other studios to make the somewhat troubled Avengers game.

Either way, I'd like more too

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

For all you Mandalorian fans a controller drops Dec 31, preorder now

Carpy on
  • Options
    That's a very cool design, though I like the weathered look I'd prefer a cleaner look reflective of his armor by the end of the first season.

I find it interesting they're still doing Xbox One special editions this late when the Xbox Series controllers are on the way. Maybe they're going to keep making both?

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Paying the price of an elite v2 controller for a skinned xbox controller + charger is kinda steep. Even if they couldn't do the adjustable sticks/ triggers, at least the paddles would've been huge to me.

It does look really nice though. I wonder what 'up to twice the wireless range' is about, stronger battery?

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    That's a very cool design, though I like the weathered look I'd prefer a cleaner look reflective of his armor by the end of the first season.

I find it interesting they're still doing Xbox One special editions this late when the Xbox Series controllers are on the way. Maybe they're going to keep making both?

That was my first thought, why isn't this also a Series controller as well

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Make a new Banjo-Kazooie nuts and bolts, you monsters!
    there we go

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Make a new Banjo-Kazooie nuts and bolts, you monsters!
    there we go

What are you, nuts?? do you want us to bolt??

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I liked Nuts and Bolts a lot. Definitely a creative idea that hasn't been done much since then. Honestly, it might have done better if it didn't have the BK name, since the fans were pretty pissed they didn't get more traditional BK.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I liked Nuts and Bolts a lot. Definitely a creative idea that hasn't been done much since then. Honestly, it might have done better if it didn't have the BK name, since the fans were pretty pissed they didn't get more traditional BK.

I think BK fans deserved a whopper of a sequel

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Make a new Kabuki Warriors, you cowards!

Jazz on
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Make a new Bushido Blade you cowards!

there we go

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    more acquisitions? Ew, no thanks :/

• Options
    Yeah, Zenimax was a little over the line for me (though it sounds like if MS hadn't bought them, they likely would have just kept getting tighter and tighter with Sony, which also sucks.)

I'm fine if Microsoft sticks to developers who have good ideas but not the money or clout to achieve them. Zenimax wasn't that in any stretch of the imagination.

• Options
    Eh, if Zenimax wanted to be bought, they were gonna be bought. If not by MS, then by Disney or someone else with similarly deep pockets.

• Options
    Eh, if Zenimax wanted to be bought, they were gonna be bought. If not by MS, then by Disney or someone else with similarly deep pockets.

Yeah, Zenimax wasn't doing tremendously well for a while now. (Which isn't to say this isn't a good buy for Microsoft, just that their financials had been weak for a while.)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I realized today that the Cuphead devs have taken so long with their DLC that they missed the generation entirely. I wonder if they're doing a sequel/ upgrade route like Spider-Man Miles Morales or Hollow Knight Silksong.

• Options
    2 weeks, people.

• Options
    I realized today that the Cuphead devs have taken so long with their DLC that they missed the generation entirely. I wonder if they're doing a sequel/ upgrade route like Spider-Man Miles Morales or Hollow Knight Silksong.

Given how the original game took an eternity to get finished, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I think BK fans deserved a whopper of a sequel

They are too chicken. Wouldn't want to hurt the tender feelings of their fans.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    2 weeks, people.

Only if you were lucky enough to get a preorder.

Also I actually can’t psychically see past November 3. Not sure why. Must be tachyon interference

Prohass on
  • Options
    It says a lot that I'm taking the week off BEFORE the new consoles hit.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

heh I should take off the 10th, but I dunno when I'll get my new console and I want to play AC: Thatoneannoyingguyatworkwhosucksatmakingmeatballs in all its series x glory.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

heh I should take off the 10th, but I dunno when I'll get my new console and I want to play AC: Thatoneannoyingguyatworkwhosucksatmakingmeatballs in all its series x glory.

I have launch day off for Vikings and Destiny 2 dlc.

I have the following Friday off for Cyberpunk, but I’m so tempted to take the Thursday as well. I’ve preordered via Xbox, so I could be playing from the wee hours in Thursday, all the way through to Sunday.

• Options
    Oh right destiny 2 dlc comes out that day. Man the tenth is stacked. Fucking november.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

I miss Studio MDHR and I wonder how they're going at the moment. I do worry a little about their progress on any of what they're doing because it's been years since I heard a peep, and it was only supposed to be 1 new character and 1 new area?

• Options

I miss Studio MDHR and I wonder how they're going at the moment. I do worry a little about their progress on any of what they're doing because it's been years since I heard a peep, and it was only supposed to be 1 new character and 1 new area?

Probably just gonna end up doing a Shovel Knight and making the new characters into a whole new game

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I found some Series S up for pre-order earlier at a very reputable retailer (the same one where I found my AC Switch back when they were otherwise impossible to get). They didn't last long, and I didn't go for one, but I wonder if I'd have the willpower not to if more Series X showed up there...

*chants*

Don't need it day one. Don't need it day one. Don't need it day one...

• Options
    Man feeling pretty smart on picking up the new AC versus cyberpunk which got delayed again.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I haven't played control yet, so I am saving that to be my first Xbox Series X game.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Control was cool, just sad that publisher 505 decided to be gigantic jackasses about the recent Ultimate Edition being the only way to get the Series X upgrade.

Then they started lying about it (cant upgrade normal edition) and was caught in said lie, when the normal edition was listed as Ultimate for a few hours, then instantly reverted its Ult status.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm hoping the Series X will be capable of running the Xbox One BC version out of the disc. If it does that'll probably be the first game I put into that console (probably followed by the Ori games)

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I am planning on using my already purcahsed Xbox One BC physical version, and refusing to purchase the Ultimate Edition purely out of spite at 505.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Man feeling pretty smart on picking up the new AC versus cyberpunk which got delayed again.

Isn't the whole concept of "going gold" kind of incompatible with delays?

Not sure what I'll get now. I'd pick up Valhalla but I still haven't started Odyssey yet...

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »

They were angling at a Day 1 patch anyway, this just buys them more time to get that together.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Not sure what I'll get now. I'd pick up Valhalla but I still haven't started Odyssey yet...

i'd imagine the day 1 patch and optimisation are what's given them trouble.

• Options
    Best part of that Control thing is that 505 went "It'd be impossible to owners of control a free upgrade to the Ultimate edition" and then accidently (though I have a feeling disgruntled Remedy employees might have intentionally done a 'whoopsie') did exactly that: gave owners of Control a free upgrade to the ultimate edition. At which point they had to sheepishless withdraw the free upgrade and try to act like they didn't just get caught out.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

It fucks your entire distribution chain.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.