As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Elki wrote: »
    Does anyone here have opinions about DTS vs Dolby Atmos for headphones on Xbox?

I use software versions of both, depending on what I'm doing (Sennheiser 558/GameOne cans and mic). There's always the risk of shitty implementation ruining individual experiences but I find DTS has clearer separation and better directional indication in games (especially FPS and the like) whereas the Atmos has a more consistent and dynamic soundfield for movies and streaming vids in particular. I don't regret investing in either.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Aw, that sucks, I was playing the 360 version of Halo: Reach just the other day and the community still seems fairly active.
    dporowski wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Sooo....anyone who bought that absolutely blingin' CP2077-designed XB1X console actually playing the game on it want to share their thoughts?

DF reported that while the intermediate consoles are an improvement over the base consoles, they're still pretty rough. Xbox One X is supposed to have a single-digit average lower than PSFro on framerate, but the overall buzz seems to suggest that version is less likely to lock/crash.

I don't think Microsoft will pull it from the storefront, if only because their refund system isn't as Sony's is, from what I remember, but I've been wrong before.

I've been playing on a One X. It's perfectly fine since the initial patch. Gorgeous, though obviously not as nice as a Series X or high end PC, good gameplay, and basically a game every Cyberpunk 2020 fan should play as soon as possible. It's really really good.

Only real bugs I've hit so far are your average open world shit; NPCs standing on their chair on occasion, where did my hat go, "god dammit render my pants", that kind of thing. No real frame-rate issues (I mean, everything has a hitch now and then, right) and like I said, the city's fucking gorgeous. Immersive as hell. (It could really use a "try on" feature in the clothing shops, though. Like dammit, I want to play dress up properly.)

Honestly, if this is "pretty rough", I have no idea what someone would consider "acceptable".
    This has been my experience on the XB1X as well. Aside from the crashes every 3 to 4 hours the XB1X version is very playable and performs relatively well.
    The freezes while driving seemed to have been ironed out by patch v1.04, and now I can only get it to freeze up for a few seconds by using the 'ping' hack from inside a large building (it renders everything that's hackable inside a building).

I also found a totally reproducible crash involving using the photo mode in a very confined space. If the game can't place the 3rd person camera anywhere it instantly crashes to the Xbox dashboard/home screen.
    You can try this for yourself in the dressing room at the back of Lizzy's club/bar, behind the bead curtain there's a gold sofa, if you stand the sofa and activate photo mode, the game seg-faults hard around 75% of the time, (depending on where you stand exactly on the sofa).

Honestly I think the XB1X offers the best experience with CP2077, out of all the 'last-gen' consoles, right now. :)

I'm downloading patch v1.05 right now... Hopefully it will crash less often after that.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Pretty sad to see all of that shut down, but at least all of those games (except Spartan Assault) are still playable in new forms.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    That's been a nice long run for those on the 360.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Been playing Cyberpunk on 2077 and I've mostly been pretty whelmed. Thankfully haven't come across too many technical issues yet
    but I've seen enough console footage to know that it definitely should not have released as it did

My point of metric so far is Deus Ex and besides the sense of visual scale which is legitimately impressive, I'm not enormously, differently impressed by Cyberpunk so far. The characters and writing aren't quite grabbing me the way Deus Ex did and there's a lot of dialogue that definitely sound like it was translated to English from a different language. There's a real lot of cornball edginess to it that comes off as more hokey than anything else and mechanically the control scheme and interface just has a whole bunch of small bugbears that add up to a kinda mid experience.

I do think it's fun enough for me to keep going but I feel kinda vindicated that this game definitely isn't the Second Coming that people kept insisting it would be, and I certainly don't think it was worth the horror stories that are rumoured to be coming from its development
    Arteen wrote: »
    Pretty sad to see all of that shut down, but at least all of those games (except Spartan Assault) are still playable in new forms.

I'd definitely be more bummed if there was no alternative to play these games but for most of them at least 343 sounds committed to supporting their robust HD replacements

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's not the same imo. The halo menus are nostalgic on a whole different level. But alas, nothing lasts forever.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Cyberpunk is fine and like it has decent stories, characters and writing, but the open world is very underwhelming especially with what they promised. For instance try shooting at civilians. Some will just stand there, others will run and then forget you’re there. There isn’t any complex systems going on, it’s a kind of rudimentary npc system which makes the world feel very flat. Also like driver ai, crashes, there’s nothing. If you block traffic nobody tries to drive around you or get out and complain, it’s all very underwhelming and nothing like what they promised. It feels very basic, which would’ve been fine if they hadn’t promised the moon on exactly these kinds of game areas

Like if they made the game linear I feel like it wouldn’t have lost anything, and would have been if anything better overall

Also Jesus Christ terminator resistance is finally on fucking sale digitally. That game has been 100 au since launch on Xbox, and physical copies are hard to find and basically the same price. It’s still only a half price sale, 50 au, but I’ll take it. There’s so little terminator game stuff I’ve been eyeing it since launch but could never justify paying the ridiculous digital launch price

Prohass on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Oh wow! I just found out that I've won Larry Hyrb's #FreeCodeFriday contest for 12 months of GP ultimate and Torchlight 3! Woo! I pretty much never win anything so this is amazing. 8-) :o:D

I have a spare code for 'Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition' as well (I already bought it just recently), so if anyone here wants it shoot me a private message. First come first served. :)

I can't believe it. I've been entering Larry's twitter give-aways for years and never won. Woo! :)

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ooh, let us know how Torchlight III is. I put a couple hundred hours into II back when it first hit PC and am always down for those 3/4 view action RPGs if there's decent class variety (i.e. Sacred 3, Dungeon Siege, Diablo, etc...).

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Does anyone here have opinions about DTS vs Dolby Atmos for headphones on Xbox?

I use software versions of both, depending on what I'm doing (Sennheiser 558/GameOne cans and mic). There's always the risk of shitty implementation ruining individual experiences but I find DTS has clearer separation and better directional indication in games (especially FPS and the like) whereas the Atmos has a more consistent and dynamic soundfield for movies and streaming vids in particular. I don't regret investing in either.

Picked up my LucidSound LS35X headphones for my Xbox One a few years ago, still use them with my Series X. Great return for the cost!

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Wait, what do you mean about Spartan Assault? That's got an Xbox One version.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

You are correct. I forgot about that.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

yeah it was Spartan Strike that never made it to console.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    CP2077update is finished. There is also a 7GB update for GTAV, but that shit will keep.

There is another goddamned 16GB update!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Not seeing another update on my end , unless I misread the post.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    My current version of CP is 1.0.4 and they just released 1.0.5. So unless the previous update didn't install correctly, somehow, it's a new update.

A search turns up that they released 1.0.5 sometime in the last 24 hours. And all I know is that the game won't start so long as there is an update outstanding.

• Options
    Oh yeah that came out last night , I thought you meant another one after that. My bad.

• Options
    My download speed is ~2Mbps. It takes some amount of time to update anything.

• Options
    We need a donation fund to have fiber run to your house

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    It's too bad satellite internet never became a thing. Seemed like a great idea for rural areas especially. I had it for a little bit while living in italy before the base got dsl.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I wish I could stop the whole getting a piece of dlc automatically downloads the game thing. Was scrolling through the sale and grabbed some AC: Syndicate stuff that was free and now it's the second largest game on my hard drive. Makes grabbing the monthly perks irritating too.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    I wish I could stop the whole getting a piece of dlc automatically downloads the game thing. Was scrolling through the sale and grabbed some AC: Syndicate stuff that was free and now it's the second largest game on my hard drive. Makes grabbing the monthly perks irritating too.

It's a setting I'm fairly sure you can toggle off

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    It's too bad satellite internet never became a thing. Seemed like a great idea for rural areas especially. I had it for a little bit while living in italy before the base got dsl.

5G is basically the newest form of that, but it's currently only in places that already have good internet through other means

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Isn’t Elon doing something in regards to Satellite internet called StarLink? It’s in beta right now, but I’m hearing good things.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    How will I ever unlock that Swords achievement in Halo 3 now? D:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    No one wants to grab Planet Coaster? It's really good! Roller-coasters go whee! I've had no takers thus far, so I guess I'll just put it here:

Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition :
    Loading...?

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I’ve got it on gamepass otherwise I’d jump on it

Also holy shit the hive busters dlc was so good, so pretty on series x (and I imagine on the older consoles too), and I loved the setting. What a fantastic little bit of dlc, and some great sequences and an actually decent boss fight!

I wonder if it’s still that dumb thing where you can only get the collectables if you do it all in a row, or like from the chapter you missed, since it resets progress, which is super annoying but eh

Prohass on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I’ve got it on gamepass otherwise I’d jump on it

Also holy shit the hive busters dlc was so good, so pretty on series x (and I imagine on the older consoles too), and I loved the setting. What a fantastic little bit of dlc, and some great sequences and an actually decent boss fight!

I wonder if it’s still that dumb thing where you can only get the collectables if you do it all in a row, or like from the chapter you missed, since it resets progress, which is super annoying but eh

Story collectibles are permanently unlocked.

Ultimate upgrades have to be gotten each go. Also if you start from a later chapter, you'll start with no upgrades.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Bizarre thing in Halo Wars 2 co-op. Two of the levels, both from the "Awakening the Nightmare" DLC add-on campaign consistently lost connection so that we couldn't beat them in co-op. Levels 3 and 5 of that campaign specifically. We know it wasn't actually our connections, since we tried on multiple days and completed other levels successfully in the same time period. Especially as something that costs extra on top of the game, that just stinks that we had to run it solo. It was a very fun time to play through co-op, besides that annoying hiccup, though.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

yeah it was Spartan Strike that never made it to console.

Resulting in me finally buying it for a buck and change from the Microsoft Store for PC.

(It's on sale right now.)

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    CP update is done. Again.

Since I had a few things to do I figured I'd get a jump start on the GTAV update. It is 6.66GB and not ominous at all.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I have been loving CP. I never thought it would be world changing but I did play the pen and paper RPG when it was originally released. So the characters, equipment, and places all hit those nostalgia places in my brain. Also I managed to hit two people in the head with one sniper round last night. I just had to tell someone who would think that was neat, my wife was not impressed.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Ken O wrote: »
    I just had to tell someone who would think that was neat, my wife was not impressed.

We're here for you *hi-5*

That "2 Heads 1 Bullet" cheevo will be on your GamerTag in perpetuity. Your saga shall be sung.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Started CP and completed the post-montage mission. The game feels weird, almost floaty. It suffers from the common issue I have with all FPS games in that I don't feel connected to the environment.

I don't know if there will be more integrated tutorials, but not knowing how the meta mechanics work is a distraction. Suddenly there are lootable objects? The partner seems to be hustling me along, the overview of the mission suggests limited time availableso I don't know if I have time to grab things or not.

Are perk trees locked in or can I select any at amy time so long as they are available? Don't know.

I had to stop playing due to the beginnings of a headache. I don't hate it so far, but I sure would like it more if it was third person instead.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Guys... use a different acronym. For the love of God.

• Options
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    I'm assuming CP is uncomfortably close to Child ****. It's my reason for always typing CP2077 when abbreviating.

• Options
    I don’t see how anyone fucking arrives to that conclusion...

• Options
    It's a common phrase from the 4chan days that people use still because it's less gross to type than the whole thing

• Options
    I'm glad i've never been to that shithole or let alone know their scummy habits...bleh