As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    it'd probably need to be scotch guarded or something too, idk.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    it'd probably need to be scotch guarded or something too, idk.

Yeah, I can't imagine it looking too pleasant after some time with grubby little hands on it.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    My only hope for the eventual Indiana Jones game is they have lots of environmental finishers. Indiana Jones is a brawler, no fancy moves, just long slow punches, gets hit in the face a lot, lots of mistakes, and lots of happy accidents with the environment to finish off baddies for him. It’ll be tricky to get gameplay to match the tone, let alone trying to do a young Indiana Jones with a sound a like

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    KOF 13 becomes the first game since I got games with gold that I forgot to download. :razz:

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Taking bets on if they actually get rights to Ford's face for the game

Double or nothing on if they somehow convince him to do the voice as well

• Options
    Taking bets on if they actually get rights to Ford's face for the game

Double or nothing on if they somehow convince him to do the voice as well

I mean I think they already basically own the faces of everyone in their movies. Especially the older ones. If they can put dead grand mof tarkin in a movie they’ll probably be able to get Harrison fords likeness. The voice is up in the air, I get the feeling that Harrison Ford would do it, but he doesn’t have much experience with voice acting and especially how different it can be for a game, plus the character is supposedly set at his peak, so when he was younger, and he does sound different now, so they might go for a younger sound alike just for flexibility and to get the age.

Maybe they could do narration lines from like an older Indiana Jones looking back, so they could get a smaller amount of lines from old Harrison Ford to flavour it

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Likeness would be guaranteed given Disney/Lucasfilm

Voice would come down to whether or not Ford would want to do it. I would love to see him somehow get enthusiastic about the project if he was involved, but he's fucking Harrison Ford and there's every chance he might just absolutely not give a shit about it anymore and phone in a performance, in which case I'd much rather have a soundalike who actually cares

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Voice would come down to whether or not Ford would want to do it. I would love to see him somehow get enthusiastic about the project if he was involved, but he's fucking Harrison Ford and there's every chance he might just absolutely not give a shit about it anymore and phone in a performance, in which case I'd much rather have a soundalike who actually cares

Or do a young Indy-like framing device where Harrison Ford is in the intro or outro, age appropriate, telling some archaeologist/explorer from the 70s or 80s about a thing she or he discovered and why they need to put it back cut to 40s and the Nazis.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    KOF 13 becomes the first game since I got games with gold that I forgot to download. :razz:

And you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I highly doubt we'll get harrison ford to do anything for a video game. It'll be Nolan North.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Mark Hamill does a good Harrison Ford.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Control finally coming to PC game pass
    Sure yeah I guess I'll start over

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Big January update for CP will be released this week. Probably Friday or Saturday.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was out town, needed to make a stop somewhere to pick up a charging cable and a walmart was convenient. And there I found a razer kishi bundled with the razer wireless earbuds for $50. So, now I’m gonna use that for streaming from my Xbox.

Too bad apple doesn’t allow xcloud, though.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Get Anthony Ingruber, the actor hired to be a younger Harrison Ford in the 2015 film The Age of Adaline to do it.

He also provided his impression of Ford for the Auralnauts version of Han Solo in their parody videos.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Get Anthony Ingruber, the actor hired to be a younger Harrison Ford in the 2015 film The Age of Adaline to do it.

He also provided his impression of Ford for the Auralnauts version of Han Solo in their parody videos.

Oh snap this dude actually got a role where he got to play a young Ford?? Sick

• Options
    Something I've noticed about the X1 version of GTAV is that the driving AI has somehow managed to be worse than ever. It's garbage.

• Options
    Something I've noticed about the X1 version of GTAV is that the driving AI has somehow managed to be worse than ever. It's garbage.

So you're saying they are realistically simulating california drivers?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Control finally coming to PC game pass
    Sure yeah I guess I'll start over

I'm suddenly more interested in this game.

On another note, looking to move my Minecraft world from Switch to Xbox, but it sounds like I need some sort of Realms membership to do it?

Which kinda sucks, as I'm not looking to get back into it right away, and I don't want to waste the free trial you can apparently get -- I just want things ready for later.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

So you're saying they are realistically simulating california drivers?

No.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRcIWhP1-3o&feature=emb_title

Samurai Shodown is getting an Xbox Series enhancement in March. Which is pretty good! I haven't heard that there's any PS5 enhancement out yet/coming out, and it's really easy for games that generally worked (looking at you, DOA6) not to get any enhancement.

• Options
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Sea Salt, GRIS, FF15, Indivisible, and Fishing Sim World Pro Tour leave PC Game Pass on Feb. 1st
    Sea Salt, Indivisible, FF15, and Fishing Sim leave Console Game Pass the same day

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Oof, those are beefy games
    Maybe I should at least put in the time to blitz through Gris and see what the hype was about

• Options
    So I played some of torchlight 3 since its on gamepass and its just kind of there? Like I dunno its a game, it plays gamey, but as far as an action rpg goes I never really feel I'm getting stronger or better, just moving forward on a very linear path. So that's my short review.

Also I ran into a quest bug within the first hour of gameplay which doesn't really speak well for how well developed the game is in its current state.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I felt the same way about Torchlight 2.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    I felt the same way about Torchlight 2.

Honestly I think I've felt that about literally every torchlight game.

Also for anyone interested in the medium you can preinstall it now, comes out on 28th on gamepass I believe?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The first torchlight was a refreshing new Diablo-like in 2010 where we hadn't seen a Diablo game or expansion since like 2001.

• Options
    Wait, how did I end up with Donut County already?

I could've sworn I got it through Game Pass. I guess I bought it. :lol:

For anyone curious, it's the most hipster of useless never-do-well loser hipster games.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

For anyone curious, it's the most hipster of useless never-do-well loser hipster games.

Or a short blast of utter, pure joy desperately needed in this hell reality we're in.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Or a short blast of utter, pure joy desperately needed in this hell reality we're in.

That's about a pair of loser hipsters, one of whom is a racoon.

It's actually a very charming game, assuming you find the whole self-aware loser hipster thing funny, which I do.

Synthesis on
  • Options

I think they include them on this list if they are coming "new" to one of the three platforms. Fairly certain Donut County was already on Console Game Pass, but it may be that now it is Cloud/PC and wasn't before.

• Options
    edited January 2021

I think they include them on this list if they are coming "new" to one of the three platforms. Fairly certain Donut County was already on Console Game Pass, but it may be that now it is Cloud/PC and wasn't before.

That would certainly make sense, thank you.

For everyone else: the Hitman 2 season pass is $10 now--on top of the free "starter" pack (the beachside tutorial level). I'm still trying to figure out how I got 2016's Hitman for free (with DLC, which surprised me), I'm giving some thought to giving up on the franchise on the shit-show that is the PC Master Race (where I bought both titles) and starting over on Xbox Series, depending on how it performs.

Even if you don't have Hitman, the sequel for $10....is a pretty good amount of (almost entirely) singleplayer action.

Strike that, I'm dumb--it's just the DLC (So two missions). Not as good a deal, but I can hold out for the actual game to go on sale.

EDIT: I remembered you can just check which games you actually own outright and which were GWG. I bought Donut County on sale at some point. It was totally worth $3, it's a stupidly charming little game!

Synthesis on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I hope The Medium is good, it looks like something I'd love.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Sea Salt, GRIS, FF15, Indivisible, and Fishing Sim World Pro Tour leave PC Game Pass on Feb. 1st
    Sea Salt, Indivisible, FF15, and Fishing Sim leave Console Game Pass the same day

I've always wanted to play Gris, but it was never on Xbox. Luckily, my non-gaming laptop was capable enough to run it at acceptable settings.

I just played through the whole game in one sitting. What a gorgeous game. I would strongly recommend checking it out, for anyone else who has been eying it. It's only 3-4 hours.

Arteen on
  • Options
    Man desperados is a good get. It fits nicely into that “I want to play this but not enough to buy it” category

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Damnit the terminator resistance next gen upgrade is coming to ps5 first, with the Xbox update arriving later at an unspecified date, and the future dlc is Sony exclusive.

Prohass on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I hope Medium us good, it looks like something I'd love.

I don't know anything about it but, judging a book by its cover, that cover looks like it came off of the box art from a 2000s era Xbox game.

• Options