As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was ready to buy MLB, but I’m down for day one on gamepass.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Sony with a Day 1 release on Xbox Gamepass, Microsoft with two timed ps5 exclusives.

Good thing cats and dogs aren't living together or we'd be real screwed.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I don't want my whole library showing every time I go to games. There's like 200 games there between what I've bought and gwg

Sweet summer child...my All Games list is at 402 and growing bimonthly.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Griffey at the top of his game was absolutely carrying the team.

Griffey at the top of his game also had Edgar and Randy.

And 20 years ago, last week Randy killed that dove with the D-Backs.

For those unfamiliar:

https://youtu.be/1PyCpG06138

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I was ready to buy MLB, but I’m down for day one on gamepass.

Same. Been envious of PS owners over The Show for a while. The RBI games just don't compare.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    The RBI games are hot garbage.

Super Mega Baseball is great tho

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I don't want my whole library showing every time I go to games. There's like 200 games there between what I've bought and gwg

yeah... *shudders at the thought of such a merge*

That being said, the definitive and vanilla editions of a game rarely, if ever are the same SKU so it prompting to buy that version makes sense. Gotta check first for rebundles.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You can see your library pretty well on the Xbox mobile app and filter based on GWG, Game Pass, etc

Owned 279
    GWG 137
    Game Pass 282
    EA Play 92

All together 724

:scared:

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The problem I've had with baseball video games is that I struggle picking up the ball out of the pitcher's hand. That and I've never found a batter cam angle that allows me see the whole strike zone to gauge pitch location. Plus, without true depth perception, I can't judge pitch speed.

Also, I strangely can't pull the ball as a righty or go opposite as a lefty.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Has anyone played the Crysis remaster on series x? I heard it was rough on last gen consoles but was wondering if the newer gen smooths the edges off.

Prohass on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    You can see your library pretty well on the Xbox mobile app and filter based on GWG, Game Pass, etc

Owned 279
    GWG 137
    Game Pass 282
    EA Play 92

All together 724

:scared:

We're doing this? Now I have to check.

*time passes*

Wait a minute, how do you have 282 Game Pass games? Mine says 100+...

Unless, are you counting PC and Xbox?

• Options
    Owned doesn’t include discs tho right? Just owned digitally? Cos the vast majority of my games would be 360 discs

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Read the rest of your post and checked on the mobile app. It has to be double counting games between game pass and EA PLAY.

Regardless, 795.

I am honestly embarrassed by that number.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My friend wanted to try Outriders so I gave it a shot, I got about halfway through the intro and it hardlocked my Xbox during a cutscene. Then I got to the menu after restarting and it did it again... I know the game is probably getting hammered by game pass but uh, I'm giving it one more shot before I swear the game off for the time being.

• Options
    My friend wanted to try Outriders so I gave it a shot, I got about halfway through the intro and it hardlocked my Xbox during a cutscene. Then I got to the menu after restarting and it did it again... I know the game is probably getting hammered by game pass but uh, I'm giving it one more shot before I swear the game off for the time being.

Yeah, I would just not bother this weekend, tbh.

• Options
    edited April 2021

Yeah, I would just not bother this weekend, tbh.

Yeah, I'm going to start a seasonal Wiz on Diablo and keep working on my Klingon lady Scientist on her quest for Dahar Master and those last 500 ambush kills in TFOs in Star Trek Online.

Might also see if I can get those last 25 or so seasonal ranks in D2.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Thanks to the Spring Sale, it looks like I'll pick up RDR2 Ultimate for $40. I can live with that.

• Options
    I was able to play about 2 hours of Outriders last night.

It's just Destiny, isn't it?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Eh, I’d say it’s more like Gears of Borderlands

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Owned doesn’t include discs tho right? Just owned digitally? Cos the vast majority of my games would be 360 discs

Correct. As myself and...@Jazz maybe?...discussed years ago, it'd be nice if Microsoft added some purely cosmetic categorization option to mark a game as "Owned physically," rather than just treating it as some package that you don't own the license for but have installed, or is on Game Pass. It'd be purely dependent on user input as Microsoft has no way of confirming you "own" a game on disc--at best, they can confirm you physically possessed one, but who knows what happens to it when it's not inside the console.

On a side note, the Eurogamer DF guys came down hard on digital libraries--or at least the liabilities--with the shutdown of the PS3, PSP, and PSP Life stores, even though Sony is at least honoring existing purchases definitely (well, when the servers aren't totally hammered, like they were). It's inevitable in some way--they noted that Microsoft shut down the first generation Xbox Live years ago (even though you could barely even purchase DLC on it, much less games; at this point, I'm pretty sure there's not a single PS2 networked game that still works on official servers, which is a better comparison), though with Sony's move, Microsoft is probably going to feel a lot more heat about ensuring the Xbox 360's storefront access (which is at least as big as the PS3's was, if not bigger) is still available for the foreseeable future. But sooner or later.. :?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

no not really at all

It has the structure and systems of something like borderlands, but with gunplay and crafting and abilities more in-line with The Division

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Enemies are less spongy than Division. I would say it's Gears but with fun destiny like abilities. The loot aspect is kinda meh but the gameplay is fun in co-op.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Maybe it's just that Gears of War has had six games to refine things, but man does dealing with cover in Outriders feel clunky and broken. It's gotten me killed a few times in the demo.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Gears + abilities sounds a lot like the later Mass Effect games. Does Outriders give that vibe?

Man, Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was so good.

• Options
    nah, you have to keep moving in Outriders or you will die. you have to keep killing in Outriders, or you will die.

You have to kill, but don't kill too much because you may run out of healing resources to fight stronger things in Outriders, then you will die. A subtle nuance to its desires.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Gears + abilities sounds a lot like the later Mass Effect games. Does Outriders give that vibe?

Yeah, a faster, more aggressive ME is a decent description. It's got cover mechanics but most of the classes are designed to use cover as a short fallback rather than the primary form of engagement.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

The Trickster definitely feels like ME2&3 Vanguard, biotic charging/teleporting to enemies to stay alive

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I went back to clear all the Control achievements, which is rare for me to bother with these days. A lot of them were really fun, anything to do with finding secrets or completing quests I missed was very good. Unfortunately, a couple are bargain bin lazy and combined with the game being rather buggy made the last 5% be more aggravating than the other 95% combined. Example: kill an (unnecessarily high) amount of the new enemy type from the Alan Wake related AWE DLC. Alright, whatever. Except they only seem to spawn in very few rooms and barely spawned at all during the main story, so I was WAY behind in getting them. And then a bug occurred, more on that later...

There's one for "do 25 of the bounties" which would be doable during a normal playthrough except... that system is total trash. Instead of giving you bounties for the place you're in right now, it gives you a bunch of shit related to old places that you're not going to head back to during the main story because you JUST cleared that place. Then almost all of them are obnoxiously specific. "Kill this one specific type of enemy with ONLY this weapon", that kind of thing. In the end, I found an exploit people had posted to do three and then count them over and over again. Bad system for this kind of game, trying to force huge numbers of them is horrible achievement design (doing these legit would easily take you 10+ hours).

Finally, the worst one, that could have been a cute one. There's a secret "enemy" in the AWE DLC that's actually just a loot pinata. The achievement is secret (which is bad, since reading it could have been a hint to try to find this enemy) and it says to kill "80% of the encounters" with this enemy type, which implies it is in fixed locations that you could go search the one you're missing. Unfortunately, that would have been good design, so it's not that. Similar to the new Prey, this enemy masquerades as a certain object in the world, so you have to check each object like that to find it, and 80% translates to like... kill 4 or 5 of them, for some reason. Because where these are located are not fixed and worse, it frequently bugs out and stops spawning them altogether, I found when I looked it up after they refused to come back after 3 kills or so. So the only solution that worked for me and some other people was to use mission select to go back a bit, which deleted a ton of different things when I did it, including secret places, skill progression, etc. This fixed the secret enemy to where it existed again, and made the enemy types from the first paragraph spawn in their expected area once again. What a TRASH FIRE to require certain kinds of kills and then have the game programmed so wobbly that sometimes it just forgets or refuses to spawn those types...

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    nah, you have to keep moving in Outriders or you will die. you have to keep killing in Outriders, or you will die.

You have to kill, but don't kill too much because you may run out of healing resources to fight stronger things in Outriders, then you will die. A subtle nuance to its desires.

Mass Effect 3's relationship with cover, especially in multiplayer, is actually pretty tenuous since the enemy design is explicitly built around the tension of rushdown enemies that force players to break cover and aggressively push, and long-distance enemies that force the player to play the cover game

Outriders sounds p. similar, at least with the whole "toxic playerbase directing abuse against the developers" thing

• Options
    What they’re abusing them already? That was fast

And yeah while I would say that it has that yoyo gameplay where you strike and then withdraw, some of the cover issues are still quite annoying when you can die so fast

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Something about their servers shitting the bed, I believe

As someone who went through Anthem launch, nothing new under the sun these days

• Options
    nah, I did a ton of ME3MP and the push isn't anything like Outrider's. The only time you really needed to be mobile was when the Banshee or other OHKers appeared, beyond that you were pretty much golden to lock down one part of the map and keep blasting.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    But its not really destiny anything beyond like having powers? The fights are more arenas like ME multi, and there isn't so much open world exploration as corridors, and that's fine what's there is chunky and I love the crafting system lets you tweak an item without just making all your items the same.

And today the servers were pretty stable

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't really get the Destiny comparisons people are making. Are people just focusing on the powers aspect?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't really get the Destiny comparisons people are making. Are people just focusing on the powers aspect?

It feels kind of like when WoW was the dominant mmo every mmo was compared to it whether it made sense or not.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

It feels kind of like when WoW was the dominant mmo every mmo was compared to it whether it made sense or not.

People just do this these days, especially for anything that has a whiff of 'ongoing' co-op multiplayer. It's shit but it is what it is

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Bad news: My tv exploded!

Good news: Well, guess that means Ima get me some HDR...

Bad news: IT WAS 200% FIRST WIN XP IN WOT DAMMIT AAAAAAAH

Edit: No seriously, smells and sounded like a cap blew a few minutes after I powered it off for the night. Not often one gets to say a household appliance exploded on them.

dporowski on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie, I thought you were talking about Windows XP in your last sentence for a sec

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited April 2021

The loot drops feel more Destiny than Borderlands, as does the crafting. And the cover system that Gears got right YEARS ago is somehow very clumsy here.

Basically, I wanted Bulletstorm 2 and got just another looter shooter.

Edit: after getting burned by Marvel and Anthem, which were both cut at least loosely from the same Destiny cloth, you can't blame people for being tired of the formula.

chamberlain on