As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    I've been posting about this way too much but

3 years of Gold successfully converted to GPU!

Was nervous it wouldn't work anymore.

Now just 4 more days and I can get the other xbox set up the same way.

so my gp ult doesn't expire until October but what exactly is the process here?

Let it expire, add however many years of Gold , up to 3, and then resub to GPU. Unless they change it it'll do a 1 for 1 conversion

dang

can you even buy yearly gold cars still?!

Yes, just not from MS. Bought mine from target

@Six yes, you can get the whole year as long as you don't have an active Ultimate sub

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    So let my sub expire and then convert it?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Six wrote: »
    So let my sub expire and then convert it?

Yep. If you add it with an active sub I think the conversion is just 3 months.

I was wrong, it's 4 months

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade

Mulletude on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    SeriesS has been in stock at Microsoft since yesterday afternoon. it looks like that market is finally stabilizing.

Kinda not great news for MS if true, given how far behind they are in # of produced units vs Sony and the fact that the MSRP is so bargain basement. Also that far less of them should exist than Xs right now.

Oh man is nintendo going to buy microsoft now? Should be we worried and smash our xboxes? THEY HAVE PRODUCT?! OH SHIT BETTER FREAK OUT!

I mean, it already looks like The Series is gonna do better than The One, but at a time when even a 4 year old system like the Switch can't be kept on store shelves, it's a bit surprising if supply is already catching up with demand for a brand new system like the Series S.

It's not a huge deal, but it's not a great sign either.

• Options
    The S isn't equal in power to an X just minus the drive like the ps5's are. So it makes sense to me the Series S would have less demand.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I found a yearly gold card recently. Can I convert it to GPU?

Yes. Keep in mind that if you already have a Gamepass sub, it won't get you a year a gamepass. (It'll instead get you the equivilant value, and since Gamepass doesn't get cheaper the more of it you buy, a $60 1-year Gold card will only you you 4 months of Gamepass Ultimate (a $60 dollar value)

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    SeriesS has been in stock at Microsoft since yesterday afternoon. it looks like that market is finally stabilizing.

Kinda not great news for MS if true, given how far behind they are in # of produced units vs Sony and the fact that the MSRP is so bargain basement. Also that far less of them should exist than Xs right now.

Oh man is nintendo going to buy microsoft now? Should be we worried and smash our xboxes? THEY HAVE PRODUCT?! OH SHIT BETTER FREAK OUT!

We know Microsoft can afford to sell half as much as Sony for another generation or five, that isn't the point. The question was whether Series S was going to change their fortunes this generation, and this kind of sign isn't great on that front.

• Options
    The series S is still sold out like everywhere else. Could just be a case of people forgetting about the Microsoft store.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    The S comes into stock at Best Buy Canada and then goes out fairly often I've seen. They sell them on backorder too, so you can order one and get it a couple weeks later - is what a manager here experienced.

• Options
    The S isn't equal in power to an X just minus the drive like the ps5's are. So it makes sense to me the Series S would have less demand.

True, but I have little faith in average consumers actually knowing that.

All that being said, I still see this gen being a whole lot closer between Xbox and PS.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    It's might come down to new and growing markets. Like, Microsoft might be able to overtake Sony in the US, but likely not in europe. China and South America are going to become bigger spaces for console gaming, and Mexico is also growing.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    We could definitely see a repeat of the 360, with the Xbox leading in a key market or two, but PS still selling a smudge more overall.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will be a preload for the show? Or is there one already?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There is one already - just select it in the store and select preload.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options

Fucking sweet, the mariners will finally have a winning record! Beyond the month of may I mean.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Fucking sweet, the mariners will finally have a winning record! Beyond the month of may I mean.

The super-mega version ($100) gets you four days early access and all the other digital geegaws. The Jackie Robinson edition ($85) gets you just the game and extra geegaws.

• Options
    edited April 2021

First. Place.

S U S T A I N A B L E

Six on
  • Options

The super-mega version ($100) gets you four days early access and all the other digital geegaws. The Jackie Robinson edition ($85) gets you just the game and extra geegaws.

I'm just doing the game pass version since I don't know if I'll enjoy it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

First. Place.

S U S T A I N A B L E

I mean they usually start ok and then plummet in june. The video game version won't have a seagur slump!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

First. Place.

S U S T A I N A B L E

I mean they usually start ok and then plummet in june. The video game version won't have a seagur slump!

S U S T A I N A B L E

Goms

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

First. Place.

S U S T A I N A B L E

S U S T A I N A B L E

Goms

Don’t they do this every year ? Early season mariners actually resemble a competent baseball team.

• Options
    edited April 2021

First. Place.

S U S T A I N A B L E

S U S T A I N A B L E

Goms

Don’t they do this every year ? Early season mariners actually resemble a competent baseball team.

Yep by june they hit a skid and by the allstar break are numerically eliminated from the playoffs, this season will be their 20th straight year of failure.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I guess I shouldn’t be too critical , my favorite baseball team is from a video game . Go jacks ! ( super mega baseball 3)

• Options
    God dammit.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    GTAV done and 71.2% downloaded for RDR2 i won't play it next because I don't want to burn out on third-person gaming. Which means a bunch of still unplayed stuff goes on hold (Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs, Saint's Row 4, etc). I'll probably chill with some Farming Simulator 15 on my 360.

Does anybody here have Zoo Tycoon for X1? There is a couple of co-op achievements to unlock?

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    GTAV done and 71.2% downloaded for RDR2 i won't play it next because I don't want to burn out on third-person gaming. Which means a bunch of still unplayed stuff goes on hold (Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs, Saint's Row 4, etc). I'll probably chill with some Farming Simulator 15 on my 360.

Does anybody here have Zoo Tycoon for X1? There is a couple of co-op achievements to unlock?

I may be a rarity, but I found Sleeping Dogs more enjoyable than either GTAV or RDR 1/2.

• Options
    Raynaga wrote: »

I may be a rarity, but I found Sleeping Dogs more enjoyable than either GTAV or RDR 1/2.

Rdr1/2 is better but I love sleeping dogs. Also mildly terrifying that my xbone wouldn’t turn on. I finally got it on but if they could make the series x widely available soon that would be great.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »

Sleeping Dogs is great to play. Red Dead 2 was great to watch.

• Options
    I liked the demo for Dogs and have been wanting to play it for a long while. But since my 360 seems allergic to remaining connected to XBL, I'd kind of let game playing go fallow. I still need to transfer over to the mew 360 I have, so that will be a thing.

First I have to finish RDR2 downloading and then the 1.21 CP update which is ~28GB. So the 360 will go unused for a bit.

I got Zoo Tycoon and Fuser and a couple of other 'evergreen' titles.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Got the new Xbox headset today

Damn that’s a nice piece of hardware

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I really like mine, but something on the right hand side is loose in mine. I can't hear it when wearing it thankfully but it's worrisome. It has a small plastic rattle to it when picking it up, like the back part of a button fell off or something inside. May send back to Microsoft but they make it annoying to do so.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    It's might come down to new and growing markets. Like, Microsoft might be able to overtake Sony in the US, but likely not in europe. China and South America are going to become bigger spaces for console gaming, and Mexico is also growing.

Xbox has a history of outselling Playstation in specific markets in South America, but these are 1) very small markets that can't compare to Japan or even larger EU countries like Germany and 2) places where Sony is overpricing itself in general out of the market. So the Xbox Series outselling PS5 in Brazil or South Africa (which is not in South America, but could cause some confusion if you weren't paying attention) isn't really surprising or even that noteworthy.

It's not a perfect comparison, but US audiences are sometimes surprised to hear that SNK's King of Fighters and Fatal Fury franchises outsold Street Fighter more than 2 to 1 in some countries. It's not that KOF, or even SNK more broadly, were somehow hugely successful. It's just in these places, rather exceptionally, no one cares about Street Fighter.
    I really like mine, but something on the right hand side is loose in mine. I can't hear it when wearing it thankfully but it's worrisome. It has a small plastic rattle to it when picking it up, like the back part of a button fell off or something inside. May send back to Microsoft but they make it annoying to do so.

It's a lot harder since the closing of the physical MS store locations to be sure. You might try the retailer (assuming you did not, in fact, get it from the Microsoft website).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Xbox has a history of outselling Playstation in specific markets in South America, but these are 1) very small markets that can't compare to Japan or even larger EU countries like Germany and 2) places where Sony is overpricing itself in general out of the market. So the Xbox Series outselling PS5 in Brazil or South Africa (which is not in South America, but could cause some confusion if you weren't paying attention) isn't really surprising or even that noteworthy.

It's not a perfect comparison, but US audiences are sometimes surprised to hear that SNK's King of Fighters and Fatal Fury franchises outsold Street Fighter more than 2 to 1 in some countries. It's not that KOF, or even SNK more broadly, were somehow hugely successful. It's just in these places, rather exceptionally, no one cares about Street Fighter.

It's a lot harder since the closing of the physical MS store locations to be sure. You might try the retailer (assuming you did not, in fact, get it from the Microsoft website).

Still bummed about that.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Synthesis wrote: »

Humorously, here's an almost perfect example of this phenomenon in action: Xbox Series beats out Playstation 5 in usage in Italy--not a huge market (60 million, less than Germany and half that of Japan), but it was still one that PS4 had beaten Xbox One in. But PS5 is losing out to Xbox One as well there, and both consoles are losing out to the Switch and the PS4 (though unlike the Switch, that probably won't last; hard to imagine the Xbox Series' lead didn't come out of the PS4's in large part).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Actually it looks like Playstation has been neglecting Europe distribution compared to what they did last gen. They've really concentrated on America with the PS5 for now. Maybe given limited resources they figure they can take Europe for granted since they've always had an advantage over Xbox there, U.S. has been the Xbox stronghold and they may be trying to head that off as much as possible before Microsoft can ramp up production. But this might also create some opening for MS in Europe if they wanted to take a risk there.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I do want to say I enjoy GTA V, even if the schitck of "warped American Dream" is a dead horse, mainly because the voice cast is so damn good. Michael, Lamar, and Trevor are just great to hear talk all day and not a Troy Baker or Laura Bailey in earsight. Plus, Kenny Loggins! And this might have Cara Delevaignes best performance in it.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Anything that isn't Enchantress is Cara Delevingne's best performance.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Cara is fucking great in GTA V.

Best GTA guest DJ since Axl Rose in San Andreas.

Jazz on
  • Options
    RDR2 installed, CP update (24GB) slowly following.

• Options
    Man watching some stuff on the new MLB game there seems like a shit ton of content there if you like baseball at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net