As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited January 2021 in Social Entropy++

SIGNUP deadline: November 16th, 11:59PM EDT.
GIFTING deadline: January 31st, 11:59PM EDT. Your gift must be received by this time!

RULES:

1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, PA staff, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:

Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2020@gmail.com with the following information:
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER
Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS
Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!

Hey a heads up - if you have allergies, incompatibilities, or other restrictions on gifts you can receive, please put those guidelines in your wishlist posts! Some people are going to be sending home-made treats and food as gifts, and it would suck if anyone breaks into hives upon opening their package. Look out for each other, my dudes.

Example email:
SUBJECT: Forumer_69XXX

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: Yes
LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

For gifters, if your receiver has not gotten their gift by the gifting deadline (January 31st), you will be banned, no exceptions.

For receivers, once you receive your gift, you are to post that it has been received. Please do this within 2 days of receipt and before January 31st.

We've had FIVE YEARS OF PERFECT GIFTING! Amazing!

I may also require the services of a helper imp, mostly for sending additional PMs and coordinating some of the gifting chains. Hit me up by PM if you're so interested!

And as always:
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Sorry duder - contact @Brolo if you unexpectedly find that you can't afford a gift, but if you're in any doubt about whether you have the financial stability for Satans, please sign up for Saints instead!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.

If you have any questions about your giftee, or if you get confused by the process, you can PM me ( @Brolo ), or any of our amazing imps, such as G&T organizer @radiation or the amazing @lonelyahava .

Thanks!

EXTRA SPECIAL 2020 EDITION RULE CHANGE:
In the spirit of the YEAR OF CHAOS, this year we are going to be collaborating with our friends in G&T! This means that once sign-ups are complete, we'll be introducing a few extra people into our lists, and matching some of you up in a cross-forum gift-exchange royale! Please do not sign up more than once.

Brolo on

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    1. Brolo
    2. Blackhawk1313
    3. Moriveth
    4. Naphtali
    5. #pipe
    6. Skeith
    7. Rorshach Kringle
    8. Goose!
    9. Xaquin
    10. Cristoval
    11. Zonugal
    12. KetBra
    13. Kadith
    14. Cello
    15. Lost Salient
    16. Bucketman
    17. Tofystedeth
    18. Veldrin
    19. Tef
    20. Okami
    21. Poorochondriac
    22. Usagi
    23. JimBobTheMonkey
    24. Lalabox
    25. Perrsun
    26. Tynic
    27. Romanian My Escutcheon
    28. Noggin
    29. QuickSnap
    30. DrZiplock
    31. Psykoma
    32. Ladybug2332
    33. N1tSt4lker
    34. ILoveSlimes
    35. Brovid Hasselsmof
    36. Straightzi
    37. Tonkka
    38. Pindledorf
    39. Lasbrook

Brolo on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    "Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2019@gmail.com with the following information:"

Should that be 2020?
    Also, are other countries allowing American mail?

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Awwwww yus!

My wishlist is in my signature, and will be updated more!

If there is an old flea market or antique store around you that sells junky old turn key or perfect handle screw drivers for dirt cheap, send em over! I very much enjoy restoring old tools! I am also in desperate need of an old T Bevel

stuff like this:
    yp0ss8wbx9cr.jpg

o3a71zt63v2l.jpg

edit: I'm also into foraging! I have a good knife and a lot of books, but bags and cases and stuff are always good

Xaquin on
    edited November 2020
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    "Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2019@gmail.com with the following information:"

Should that be 2020?
    Also, are other countries allowing American mail?

yes, it absolutely should be secretsatans2020@gmail.com

I'm unaware of parcel restrictions right now - if people have guidelines please post them here and we'll work out solutions. most likely things are going to take longer this year, so I would really encourage people to get things shipped out early and have backups available just in case

Brolo on
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    In like Flynn, signed up, will add more to this wish post in coming days.

Amazon List!
    Wish Post!
    Greetings Dark One! I look forward to whatever tidings you may bring! I’m a Systems Engineer and a Professor that’s pushing 40 (or ancient according to my wife). I own pretty much every single game system in existence including a PS5, though no new Xbox (yet). I also have a high end laptop for gaming on Steam etc. I’m big in to RPGs especially. I’m a homebrewer and beer snob and also enjoy good bourbon and single barrel scotch. I listen to all kinds of music but especially melodic death metal. In Flames is probably my favorite band. I love vinyl for music especially and have a record player that’s old but still gets the job done. Other nerdy things that are D&D, Magic the Gathering, or gaming related are good too. If you need any better idea or have any question you can ping my wife @Ladybug2332 for help/ideas.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I had every intention of being able to do this this year...

Them Covid cut all of my overtime and I ended up filling for Bankruptcy a couple months ago!

I swear to Jebus that next year I’m doing this and buying gifts for everyone who signs up for Saints

... and speaking of Saints... I’ve got a little work to do.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I had every intention of being able to do this this year...

Them Covid cut all of my overtime and I ended up filling for Bankruptcy a couple months ago!

I swear to Jebus that next year I’m doing this and buying gifts for everyone who signs up for Saints

... and speaking of Saints... I’ve got a little work to do.

Awesome for the Saints, not for the circumstance naturally.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Suggestions
    Hey, Satan! Thanks for taking the time to look at my wishlist. My Amazon wishlist is here.

I wear a size Medium shirt and like cool videogame shirts. Stuff from Fangamer is always welcome. I really got into Dark Souls this year, so any sort of art, shirts, or whatever goes along with that would be great.

I'm a big ol' weeb as you can see, and I'd be happy with any sort of Cool Anime Bullshit.

So, currently I'm super into One Piece, me and my daughter both! I'm working on purchasing all the volumes - I currently have up to volume 66, any volumes after that would be great! I've been buying those 3-in-1 sets, but you know, if you just wanna get me one volume, that's cool too.

Also good is Dorohedoro - I have up to Volume 7, and haven't bought anything past that.

I also love JoJo, but I have all the currently available volumes, so no need for that. I still want a few of the blu-ray sets, and honestly any weird JJBA ephemera would be cool!

I have a pretty capable gaming PC, PS4, Xbone, and Switch. I have a TON of games, so I don't really NEED any more, but hey, if you happen upon something cool and weird (that isn't Shaq Fu), I'd love to try it!

Here is my Steam profile with a few games on it: https://steamcommunity.com/id/L4Mori/

I will add more as time goes on!

Moriveth on
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I’m gonna turn this into a wishlist!

Hello, potential gift-giver! I hope you are well! Really, it would be good if you were good and things were going your way.

Now, on to why you came here... Something to keep in mind is that I have a tendency to update my wishlist over and over as time goes on, up to the day I end up getting something. I'll try to keep new additions/thoughts at the bottom, so if you need more ideas later it may be worth stopping back.

Clothing wise, some information you can use:
    - I am a dude somewhere between an L and an XL shirt (sometimes L fits too snugly, sometimes XL is too baggy... it’s like my upper body is L size, but my gut area has other ideas), depending on how it fits. It's annoying to buy for, and it's annoying to be.
    - I am particular enough about pants that it's not worth buying me any... unless you're getting some kind of lounge/pajama pants/shorts. In that case I wear Size L in something similar to this. And with the pandemic stuff going on I've been wearing lounge pants more than ever. I'm working from home until at least June, and no idea if we'll ever go back to the office full time.
    - Though a note on lounge pants: if it doesn't have pockets, I won't end up wearing it as much/at all.
    - Over the past few years I have realized that I am a fan of sunglasses. I never really cared for them in the past, but it turns out that if they're weird/striking enough, I end up wanting them. I have 2 pairs of Oakley Madman and a pair of Tailwind, and a pair of Sliver XL, if you want a sense of the kind I’ve been wearing.
    - The other fashion accessory that I have come to adopt as a part of my style is the scarf. I used to love getting the PAX scarves, and I've gotten a few other kickass ones from past Satans. Do you have a scarf you'd like me to wear? I probably will! It gets cold in MN.

Life-wise:
    - As mentioned, I've been doing a bunch of work from home.
    - I've got a 3y/o kid, and another on the way in a matter of days as of this writing.... so this holiday time is going to be a busy one for me.

Likes-wise:
    - I've got a good gaming PC, Xbox One, Switch, and a PS4 that doesn't see much use beyond exclusives. Xbox and PC have been my main gaming-go-to recently.
    - My taste in music is varied, but if you want to see what I've been listening to there's a Last FM link in my signature.
    - Movies and TV shows... I'll be honest, I haven't watched a ton in the past few years. I started watching AEW wrestling last year (after 15 years of watching no wrestling) but I haven't been able to stick with any other show for some time.
    - I listen to podcasts a bunch. Acq Inc, Rude Tales of Magic, MBMBAM/TAZ, 99% Invisible, Attitude Era... these have been in recent rotation. I hate doing chores with just my own thoughts bouncing in my head, so even if I'm just washing dishes I'm listening to a podcast (unless there's a child I need to care for).
    - Books... man... I remember reading books. Before stay-at-home I was DEVOURING audiobooks. Not much anymore. I'm a huge Stephen King fan, though I've missed some of his recent stuff. Very much a Dark Tower fan. I also used to like big graphic novels/collections of comics.
    - I like candy. Have a place near you that sells good stuff? Gimmie!

Thoughts-wise:
    - Not to completely rip off Pooro, but I love hearing about why you've chosen to give a gift. If there's something from your life that is important to you, and you want to share it (even though you have no idea if I'd like it), go for it. Book that made an impression on you? Album you think I'd like? Send it. I like using Satans as a way to connect with another forumer.
    - If you want to send something for my kids, I'm all for it. Lalabox sent a type of "flat bear" they had as a kid, and my boy is a fan of it. I had kind of passed over the Lexcalibur book before, but now I think it's only a matter of time before I buy it if nobody gets it for me first.
    - Send me local stuff if you live in an interesting place. Send me local stuff if you live in Boringville, Nowhere. It’s all good.
    - My username is the same pretty much everywhere; Xbox, PSN, Steam, etc so it should be easy to see what kind of media I've been consuming.
    Steam profile. Steam Wishlist
    Amazon List

Whoever you are, whatever you decide to send or share, I guarantee I will have emotions. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    --End of 11/7 edits

2nd kid born. Also if you did want to get anything for either kid, my eldest boy likes trains/Superwings, and really ANYTHING because he’s so impressionable anything new is cool to him. My youngest likes eating, sleeping, and filling diapers.
    11/23 edit

Perrsun on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    !signup

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Time for the best time of the year, hurray! Satan time. It couldn't have come any sooner after this year.
    Hello diabolical satan and/or casual readers!

I'll add to this post as I think of things to say, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I'm a 37 year old dude living in the Northeast US, 6'00'', 174 lb (so Medium size shirts). I know my Amazon wishlist has tons of stuff in it, but don't feel like you have to hold to any of that. Also if you do get something from it but not from Amazon, please make sure you mark it as purchased as I share that list with friends and family members as well. If you do a get a book or a video game, digital versions would be preferred. Another thought would be - if there's some really cool album, or game, or book, board/card game, or movie, or whatever floats your boat that you'd think I'd enjoy, feel free to push it for summerslam I mean, share it with me! I also really enjoy brewing coffee, so freshly roasted beans of some variety would be rad, I'm always down to try new kinds. It's also the perfect time of the year for cheating with delicious baked goods with a nice glass of Egg Nog (I love that stuff) - so if you're quite the kitchen connoisseur and the master of cookies, fudge, or whatever, that'd be rad! Or if you're into art, I could always use more stuff to put up around the house of course. Or after this year, alcohol wouldn't be the worst either. Bourbon or beer are my poisons of choice. Really anything is fine is what I'm getting at.

Honestly I'm sure whatever you get me I'll like. Feel free to ping ideas off rhylith, they know my likes/dislikes pretty well.

And in the end if you don't want to go with any of the above, that's fine! Just no NSFW stuff is all I ask. Thank you very much in advance, Satan!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Wishlist compiling, please stand by

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Why your phone number?

My wishlists are a mess that I really should clean up or organize

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2020
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Why your phone number?

It’s so Brolo can randomly drunk dial you.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Why your phone number?

my guess is for delivery stuffs

like Amazon asks for that as a way for delivery people to contact you if needed

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Definitely signing up this time!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    It feels like it simultaneously couldn't both be time for Satans again already and yet also an endless expanse of forever ago since we did this dance last year. 2020 time dilation is weird, yo.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Why your phone number?

Many delivery services require a phone number nowadays to call people if they have problems making deliveries

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I was planning to sign up for Satans this year, since it seems like I spend more time here than I do in G&T anymore, but then I saw that the lists are being combined, so I signed up on that one instead.
    Looking forward to potentially gifting one of you this year.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    IMP TIME! HUZZZZZZZZZZAAHHHHHHHHHHH

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Greetings Satan!
    Congratulations on this year, you really outdid yourself! And now you're going to send me gifts which is just great.
    I am an adult man, from Australia but now living in Canada. I have a lovely wife and a hilarious son who is almost 3. I am currently a stay-home dad but I'm a graphic designer by trade and do a little freelance work here and there for some extra monies.

I didn't get a pre-order in time, but I'm planning on lining up for a PS5 on launch day, so if I succeed in that endeavor that'll be what I'm playing games on for a while. I also have a switch and an ok PC, the latter is mostly for work but it'll run games. I like open world games the best, games I wanted to play this year but couldn't afford to buy: Ghost of Tsushima; Control

I like to cook and bake, but my current kitchen is small and getting filled up with too many gadgets. I like to play D&D, build model kits, listen to podcasts and audiobooks and watch movies. Please don't buy me clothes unless explicitly on my wishlist. I am into embroidered patches! Weird ones, funny ones, local ones, overtly leftist political ones - go nuts.

I've recently gotten into small electronics projects, not Arduino programming or anything that intense, just wiring up little circuits and lights and the like. Also learning to solder. I wouldn't mind trying to put together a nixie tube clock kit or something similar.

Speaking of electronics, my FUCKING keyboard just broke. I'm thinking about upgrading to a mechanical so I don't have to throw out a $100 piece of equipment because a tiny irreplaceable plastic bracket snapped. Are you into keyboards? Maybe that might be something? I absolutely require a numpad, though. Nevermind, I got a replacement!

I play and DM 5e D&D at least once or twice a week and I'm about to start working in a program offering community and fellowship to people with mental illness in the form of regular online D&D games. As such I could make good use of credit on Roll20 or D&D Beyond.

Usually I encourage my Satan to send gifts to my US postbox, but this year I can't cross the border into that blighted nation so I'm only including my amazon.ca wishlist which can be found here. I will be updating that list and probably also this post over the following weeks. And hey if you find an item on there you'd like to get me but you wanna order it from a local supplier instead then do that because don't put money in Bezos' pocket on my behalf.

Oh and sometimes Satan wants to get something for my kidlet, that would be lovely! He has his own wishlist here

I love you and Happy hunting!

#pipe on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Makin' the post
    Hi Satan! I'm going to sort through my wishlist to see what else I can add to it over the next month or so. Feel free to keep an eye on it. Stuff that might be useful for you: I have a gaming PC, a PS4, and a Switch, and I recently upgraded from an original Kindle Fire to one of the newer models. I don't have a whole lot of room for new books at this point and I'll be moving in February, so I'm trying to avoid buying more for now. Money is also a bit tight at the moment so ebooks are the best option. Two manga series that I've been thinking about buying are That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime and Bungou Stray Dogs-- I don't own any volumes of either series. Games I've been playing lately are FFXIV and Pokemon Shield, and I think I'll be starting on Fire Emblem: Three Houses soon (other titles on the backlog include Breath of the Wild and SSBU). I have a few ports for Switch on my radar, those being Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, Pikmin 3, and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. If I cave and buy one of those I will update as necessary.

Other stuff... I've gained some weight since the pandemic got going and moving to the mainland means I'll have to start wearing pants again. It also means I have to suck it in when I button my jeans and I feel like I'm one squat from splitting a seam or launching the button at terminal velocity. I'm 46x32 (I think). I'm okay for shirts, socks, and underwear. Aside from all that I have a few cookbooks on that wishlist, but I don't really know what to do with vegetables so if you know a cookbook with good recipes that would be very welcome. I'm not into really spicy stuff or most Southeast Asian flavors, but anything else would be fair game.

Oh, and if you want to shop somewhere that isn't Amazon, by all means you're welcome to. Shipping can be a bit pricey to get things out my way though.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I can sign up for this yet this year, as I have no job and no money lol. But if you need any more imps Brolo I have free time in abundance so would be happy to help.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am bad at telling people what to get me

i like movies and drinking; they are my two favorite things

i am getting super into the ps3 lately and i love jason voorhees

zonugal, cello and lost salient are your best bets for my inner workings

i got a wishlist for easiest access to things i like

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I'll sign up for this after I verify that I don't have Covid.

Wouldn't want the double humiliation of dying and being banned for disappointing my satanee!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Here be the wishlist post
    Satan, hey! Good to see you again! In years past I have said no trinket/figure/toy/limited board game gifts because of space reasons because I used to live in a small, depression den type of a room at my parents house. Now I've moved into a much nicer, bigger apartment with much more room for stuff, so please feel free to send me anything you think I might enjoy!

As for hints on what I might enjoy: I like sports, mainly baseball and soccer, but also american football and basketball to a lesser extent. My teams are the Yankees (baseball), the US Men's National Team (soccer), the Giants (football), and the Knicks (basketball). The latter two have been giving me headaches for years for various reasons (they suck and their front offices are full of bad people who do terrible things) so I am less enthused about them.

I also like Pokemon a bunch, and other RPGs (Final Fantasy 9, Tactics, and X, Super Mario RPG, Dragon Age series, and Breath of Fire III are some of the games off the top of my head that I have really enjoyed). I also like sports sims (Football Manager, OOTP), card/dice/board games (both virtual and physical), D&D (but haven't played in ages), and some shooters (haven't played one since the first year of Overwatch though, but I played TF2, L4D1/2 for years).

The last AAA/mainstream title that I played at launch and stuck with through the ending was Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4, which was great. But I don't really play those games so much as watch others play on Twitch or YouTube. Not because I'm not interested, but to save myself the money on a game I could very easily decide isn't for me and just stop playing.

Anyway, I own a PS4, a Nintendo Switch, and a gaming PC that is pretty capable but not top tier. I have no current plans to acquire a PS5 or XSX/XSS for at least 6 months (or whenever I get my tax return I might jump on it if possible)

I work as a help desk engineer for a local IT company.

I listen to video game music and vgm-inspired bands as well as like rock from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and lately electronic/synthwave music (The Midnight, FM84).

Can't give you any better recommendations than that, except for the wishlist below. Thanks for reading, and happy gifting!

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/VHNMMQVKH42B?ref_=wl_share

EDIT: OH Cristoval's post reminds me: I drink sometimes! I like Rum! That's the only technically "nsfw" gift I would be okay with receiving

EDIt 2: Here's a different wish list link if you don't want to use Amazon: https://www.gifthero.com/list/f33a2d53-dcb6-4669-ad33-f6e7e09b3b1e

Goose! on
    Hey! If you wanted to sign up for secret satans, but decided not to this year because hey, 2020 - sign up for saints instead!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/238188/secret-saints-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year#latest

go get gifted! it's what cool people do!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Hey! If you wanted to sign up for secret satans, but decided not to this year because hey, 2020 - sign up for saints instead!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/238188/secret-saints-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year#latest

go get gifted! it's what cool people do!

Did @Raijin Quickfoot put you up to this? Is this part of his cunning plan not to get stickied this year?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Feel like maybe the sentiment behind this part of the Q&A is past it's time and maybe could be altered? Just a suggestion tho

Goose! wrote: »
    A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Feel like maybe the sentiment behind this part of the Q&A is past it's time and maybe could be altered? Just a suggestion tho

good idea

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh heck yeah gonna do some dang sign up for this

steam_sig.png
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    This year has been tight due to covid and baby costs, but things should hopefully be rosier come December spare scratch wise! I'm signing up and will make sure I get you SOMETHING cool before Christmas, and then will send something COOLER afterwards if it comes to that, but I'm feeling pretty confident!

EDIT: Some things about me if you decide to go off script. Dear Satan, I'm a Canadian graphic designer and 33... 34? years old (I stopped counting) and am 5'9"-ish, with a bigger build on top than bottom. Most medium size things fit me. I have an Aussie wife and 1 year old girl. I game on Xbox, PC and Switch, but my PC is about 5 years old now so it can't run most new top of the line stuff. Currently I'm into MS Flight Simulator, shooters and horror type games. I can't actually think of much I'm currently wanting to play, but I'm sure they will make their way onto my Amazon list as I think of 'em. I'm also into birding and birding adjacent stuff. I used to be pretty plain in my personal style, but am trying new bold things (brighter colours, cool ass prints and stuff). I also collect Back to the Future DeLorean toys I guess is a thing! They keep multiplying on my shelf and there is no stopping that train now.

My Amazon wishlist can be viewed HERE (feel free to not purchase me stuff off Amazon if you hate Bezos and aren't yet completely enslaved by his machine as I am)

I also like the following things in no particular order:

-WHISKY. Yum! Something more local to yourself would be preferred but I will literally drink any whisky, even piss whisky DO NOT TEST ME ON THIS.
    -Peanut M&M's. Manifico!
    -KoЯn Koffee. Or this shirt. Or both. KoRn's size M stuff fits me really good!
    -Stylish shirts and sweaters with birds and or foxes. Shirts. Shirts. Shirts.
    -Anything from this Banjo-Kazooie webstore specifically the golden jiggy pin but I also like that blue hoodie too I guess.
    -Internet underwear. Always need more undies! I'll think of you every time I put them on. I'm between a size M or L and like boxer briefs! If there is an underwear you are currently wearing and it does your fellas good hook a brother up!
    -EDIBLES. If you can legally send me drugs do that. I like stuff that gives nice groovy chills where it seems like you never actually listened to a song before, man, you know?
    -These ADIDAS kicks. I'm super into mint green stuff at the moment. Size 9 or 9.5
    -Deezer subscription. Need them hi-fi tunes! I want to stop using Spotify, but again, enslaved to the machine etc.
    -Local art or tchotchkes if you live in an interesting place.
    -I don't read a lot of comics but I want to read that TMNT Last Ronin run that's going on right now.
    -If you have deep pockets I could use the expandable storage for my Xbone Series X.
    -If you have medium pockets I could use some free months/year of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    -Ignore all this and donate to a cool charity. I HATE not getting cool stuff but charities LOVE it.

If my Satan currently lives in Australia I will also take any of the following (for my wife, who would murder me if I received a package from Aus and it did not contain either of these specific things)
    -Tin of Milo
    -Cadbury black forest chocolate bar

I'll update more as I think of stuff.

Cristoval on
    Oh shit that Cadbury black forest is fucking legit

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    it's worth shanking me over in it's absence that's for sure

The things I always request are
    Milo
    Green cordial
    Cherry Ripes
    Pizza shapes

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Hey there! I can finally do this again! I used to do this every year through college and loved it! But then I began working with children and... Usually finances are typically awful during this time of the year (due to how the substitute pay-system works, it’s on a 2 month delay, and with winter break I lose two weeks of work in December) but my finances are bit better this year (moving back home will generally help out with that).

So this year I am happy to both receive and provide gifts!

With that said, here is my wish-list post:

Clothing/Fashion
    -- I am a 5’11 tall individual who wears large t-shirts and collects very LOUD clothing. I like outrageous fashion choices, anything bold or eye-catching. If you’re looking for any particular wild ideas, track-suits or funky blazers/suit-jackets would be fantastic.

Food/Beverages
    -- In terms of food, I enjoy it? This is probably a harder area for me just because I have severe acid reflux disease and lactose intolerance. I can’t drink coffee in any way, so avoid that if possible.

Games
    -- Regarding games, I enjoy board games and the occasional video game. I possess a Switch, so Nintendo gift cards would let me load it up with some more games. Physical games would also work. In terms of Switch games any of the ports/remasters of games from the 90's would go over pretty well. I also have a PS4 and could only really suggest compilations/collections? I didn’t really play during the PS3 generation, so any “remastered” game from that time would be swell? I just bought a new gaming PC (after having a real old PC for 9 years), so any games via Steam would be nice as well (my Steam username is "Zonugal"). For board games, I really like anything. I have a huge collection at my former roommates house (25+) and likely lack room in my current residence (so anything in your standard big box wouldn’t be the most prudent). In terms of table-top gaming, I recently stepped away from Dungeons & Dragons 5E and have dipped my toe back into Pathfinder 1E (specifically the pocket editions).

Film/Television
    I still happily collect seasons of television on DVD (and always will). With that in mind, I’m a sucker for mystery shows (Murder, She Wrote!, Monk, Psych, ect…) and cartoons. I’m also trying to get into older TV shows (1970’s/1980’s/1990’s), so really any complete series on DVD is going to go over well.

Music
    I have recently been getting into collecting music CDs as my car doesn't have any way of playing music beyond them (and a radio). My favorite genres are Synth-Pop (I have Carpenter Brut's Trilogy, for example), 80's & 90’s Pop, and Classic Rock. Basically any awesome compilation of good music from any genre except country is going to go over well. One of my favorite artists is Giorgio Moroder, I’ve been getting into K-Pop (Sistar, Girls’ Generation, Twice, Fiestar, ect..) and I would love any album collection of a 90’s pop-band like Nysnc, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, ect…

Books
    I like books! Nerd alert! My favorite genres are pulp/adventure and murder mysteries. I’m currently reading through Clive Cussler’s Dragon and recently finished Agatha Christie's the Murder of Roger Ackroyd, to give you a sense of my literary tastes. I also like comic books. Some of my favorite characters, comic-wise are: Ben Grimm, Captain America, Nick Fury, Namor, Plastic Man, Batman, & Lex Luthor. In terms of comic authors a safe bet, for me, would be anything by Roger Stern or Dennis O'Neil.

I think that’s basically everything, so thanks to anyone who sends me anything.

Here is a more concrete Amazon wishlist if you're interested in specific items I would like.

If you want to know if I own something in particular or wonder if I would enjoy it, I elect both @Rorshach Kringle and @Cello as the appropriate arbiters to consult in these matters.

Sincerely,
    Zonugal

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    hi satan

I am a 5'7" male who wears small clothing. I am allergic to peanuts and shaq-fu so don't send me those

I have an amazon wishlist which should be in the email thing and will probably make an appearance in my signature. I currently have a switch and a PC, I'm planning on picking up a PS5 whenever the universe makes the purchase of one available to me. I like board games, magic (mostly gathering it), 40k (currently working on a sisters of battle army - model paintbrushes appreciated), and reading. I would love if you sent me a book you like, especially if it has a cool cover. I would actually really rather like to get a copy of Classical Electrodynamics (2nd or 3rd edition, used, whatever), so if you know a hookup there that is relatively inexpensive that would be appreciated. send me goofy masks I like wearing those

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Everyone send KetBra Shaq-Fu

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I currently have less copies of shaq-fu than I started with, but that still means I have two copies of shaq-fu

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2020
    Satan's Deadly Wishlist!
    Things I like: Baking, cooking, weird spices, painting, drawing, and outdoorsy stuff in general

Things I like to get from people: Something unique from where you're at! Local crafts, specialities, weird jam, strange earrings in the shape of a heroic dog, etc etc
    Handmade items are also nifty!
    Booze is always very welcome - especially scotch, small-batch bourbon, or interesting craft gin.

In the interests of not supporting Jeff The Klept Bezos, I am providing a book wishlist and some suggestions of independent bookstores who could use your support during covid:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/51469473-nicc?ref=nav_mybooks&shelf=wishlist (no particular order)
    The Harvard Independent Bookstore https://www.harvard.com/
    City Lights Booksellers http://www.citylights.com/

and in the interests of supporting independent creators, here is an etsy list with some of the kinds of stuff I like!

https://www.etsy.com/people/careynic?ref=hdr-fav&tab=items

tynic on