As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ah hell yeah BoF

Good job Kyougu

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Late night delivery landed on my doorstep!

7y33f06nkw06.jpg

A rather hansom and heavy tome on the current state of whisky from around the globe! Thanks Satan, I look forward to learning more about the thing which brings me so much warmth and joy: alcohol. A toast to you! (half a finger, since my stomach is still recovering from the pound of M&M's...)

Cristoval on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Gifts received, I'll make a post once I'm at my laptop.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    I got some packages in the mail today!

gxtkyc5n814p.jpg

Books! Thank you, Omar, whoever you are!

It was me!

You should get one last small treat today Happy holidays!

Thank you!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Aw fuck I want that breath of fire book.

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    C-c-c-c-c-combo cross post!
    Quical wrote: »
    GIFT GET PART 2?!?!

Again, no note, so i have no idea if this is from my santee or some relative i've spoiled a surprise for early. I'm assuming santee due to it being games related though and them saying there were three parcels on the way!
    xfa6a63s2g7n.jpg

Flippin' Cuphead art book!
    This thing is big! and Heavy! And very cool. Thank you so much santa!

With this and the vinyl, that's more than enough - and yet there's another on the way?! I've been truly spoiled.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Evidently the thing that was to arrive today was delayed? But I think I'll probably get it Monday, which is also good!

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Alright, Satanee, your gift is EN ROUTE! But unfortunately when it arrives you will not know who it is from, because like the incredibly well-planned person I am, I did not have a card ready to mail out and it will be arriving both separately and after the goodies box. Oops, I guess? But be sure to check for deliveries on Wednesday, literally everybody that still hasn't gotten a gift yet!

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I don't think it's mandatory to inform your Satanee who you are anyway. I know I stayed silent on that for last year.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I go back and forth on identifying myself

Usually this results in like, cryptic clues that may or may not be interpreted

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I have been gifted! Today a precocious imp delivered a digital correspondence. The message included a ps4 gift card and a strong encouragement to utilize that currency on a certain Dark Souls 3 sale. I weighed the odds and decided not to test my dark benefactor's graciousness.
    nqh3hk1sv68q.jpg

Thank you! Praise Satan!

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Okay well I at least got something ordered to send. My shopping trip was stopped dead in its' tracks because I wisely checked the wishlist this morning, and uh, my plans have to change. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There are boxes here. More to come.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I used my instant pot twice already!
    I made my grandma's famous coconut chicken curry and 4 minute evaporated milk mac and cheese, both were amazing!

Tonight Im using it again to make Sloppy Joes.

Also I BELIEVE my gift is all finished, just need to do final assembly and send it.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Alright, Satanee, your gift is EN ROUTE! But unfortunately when it arrives you will not know who it is from, because like the incredibly well-planned person I am, I did not have a card ready to mail out and it will be arriving both separately and after the goodies box. Oops, I guess? But be sure to check for deliveries on Wednesday, literally everybody that still hasn't gotten a gift yet!

Unless you're my satanee. I'm still waiting on one part.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I received Mexican candy from @Kyougu but yesterday but have not been feeling well so I didn't take any pictures yet. Thanks!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oooh update everyone!

1. My beautiful ceramic hen Charlotte was a gift from a family member so NOT actually from Satan
    2. @Rorshach Kringle sent me a book of vintage cocktail recipes and some of them are of course awful but actually there a few I'm sitting here like, yeah? I'd try that?

UgJI9Vsh.jpg

OgOol2Nh.jpeg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Some of those quantities! Two gallons of brandy?! And then just to dilute with a gallon of water?! It's like it was for a catering business.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Cross-posting this from the G&T Thread in case my Santa doesn't actually check that subforum:

So, a box full of stuff landed today! There was much rejoicing.

But since the messages only revealed themselves to be from PA Santa and didn’t contain a screen name, I don’t know if they were from this Secret Santa or another sub-forum’s, and I’m trying to keep everything straight. So, Santa, if you could reach through one of our friendly imps and let me know if the box you sent along contained a hardback copy of Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis, I’d appreciate it- you don't have to give your forum name out if you don't want to; but I'm just trying to keep things organized!

Thanks again!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    bIzVQ6K.gif

Gifts received!

First up:
    w8grtpj73w1p.jpg
    Shit...sorry...that was a gift the three year old left in the bathtub drain.
    Back on track!

A box! This is awesome! I'm moving soon and a box is perfect!
    xskpmzajvmyv.jpg

Oh shit! It's more than just a box! There are things inside the box!
    s96fxyg3g0t6.jpg

Tacos vs. Burritos! A silly game because obviously tacos win!
    ikv7ga8s69yv.jpg

1 to T-Rex! or roar.to ROAR!
    9my5clz9fef4.jpg

Thank you Satan! The GF and I have already played both games and enjoyed them greatly! 1 to T-Rex was particularly fun because the little ones were in bed so we needed to be quiet and animated!

I look forward to playing the games with girls and with friends!

Thank you!

Also unless I missed it, I don't know who my Secret Satan is this year!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Oooh update everyone!

1. My beautiful ceramic hen Charlotte was a gift from a family member so NOT actually from Satan
    2. "Rorshach Kringle" sent me a book of vintage cocktail recipes and some of them are of course awful but actually there a few I'm sitting here like, yeah? I'd try that?

UgJI9Vsh.jpg

finally, you can drink like you are on a steamboat

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Not a tugboat?

if @lost salient doesn't already know how to crack a forty, i have failed her as a friend

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited December 2020
    emhyhwS.gif

A wild package appears!
    vCz7PW7l.jpg

Machi Koro!
    I tried to pick this up at PAXU last year and they sold out before I had made up my mind and went back to the booth.
    WBVsnscl.jpg

And the note, which left me wondering who it was from, but @cooljammer00 messaged me to make sure porch pirates didn't spoil Christmas!
    qlHWzwNl.jpg

This is fantastic! Thank you! I'm sure it will get plenty of play once Christmas break hits. Though if you ask my children, it's time for Christmas break already and they shouldn't have to do school work.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Machi Koro is such a fun game!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    For you Satans who are keeping track of who got who, Shdwcaster posted his gift get that I sent over to him on the G&T side of our fun.

So my link was Zonugal > Me > Shdwcaster.

KoopahTroopah on
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I have been gifted! Today a precocious imp delivered a digital correspondence. The message included a ps4 gift card and a strong encouragement to utilize that currency on a certain Dark Souls 3 sale. I weighed the odds and decided not to test my dark benefactor's graciousness.
    nqh3hk1sv68q.jpg

Thank you! Praise Satan!

Unless I have been deceived, Satan has once again graced my abode. A sinister parcel lay in wait upon my doorstep as I returned from my daily toils. Upon extracting the contents from it's corrugated confinement, I was face to face with a genuine hellhound!
    [yCXJHtBl.jpg
    A fierce battle ensued, but eventually the great beast was vanquished and I was able to loot the spoils of my victory.
    5JvaSvyl.jpg

Thank you again my lord, this thing looks like it really sucks! This will do splendidly to care for the dark lady of the house, Mistress Bella.
    Ne04aDJl.jpg

Seriously though, this is great. I really appreciate whomever this is from.

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    So I got a message from USPS that a package is on its way to me "From Satan," which I'm thrilled about, but I'm pretty sure the post office might have been slightly concerned about. Either way, I've got my camera and my cats ready for holiday fear cheer!

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    emhyhwS.gif

So a previous message from Satan advised one final nefarious parcel was soon to arrive, and today it did
    Soul Music by Terry Pratchett! In an absolutely gorgeous hard cover design, my goodness!

Here's everything together:

lb1nudsgptlc.jpg

This has been a really lovely collection of gifts, Satan, thank you so much! <3

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    emhyhwS.gif

So a previous message from Satan advised one final nefarious parcel was soon to arrive, and today it did
    Soul Music by Terry Pratchett! In an absolutely gorgeous hard cover design, my goodness!

Here's everything together:

lb1nudsgptlc.jpg

This has been a really lovely collection of gifts, Satan, thank you so much! <3

As is tradition:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

ALSO! That Pratchett book cover looks great!

PSN: jfrofl
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I been showered with gifts!

A rather heavy package arrived at my place, and obviously I had to have it inspected .
    HC3yDxi1mPBSTcqktxsgT50rlUmaN2xQWeVQF9tFF6IRc8gB4BNtEzQCJBZ7iNyp6mtIFL2FrnYOqVl5dWDY3jNrF6wv3qfEpg8_gzUvAUhFyszczzalQ1TljJkH8G2FHipDuwhN4gB_Z5KBmNk6LORA-zwM6e0Ri0X8NoEC6M95KXVSmM3L0Vd0YDfYvIFFe5VYZqUtixRxJO1ARLo4yYjEIy_vaUlNQ7FJckjQyqXrMFclyC0ZWM05q9CtfjF7mkRtshcTpbkmX82Mw3RCsx5VG4CyUkEeXxihVBmAS5QjE8mWOPXz9HCrp8DGAbEBpFufZgqZLGAfiZCYrcWqnZ0fupL5XMpe7w4TwdGidhAZ05GSUgaibDgHzuCRIjQ-wlP4X9IXBXiDMhTTwGoIMo819yiDpqdO6sYLPESBNxAJyKLOm7F4X6bOvW7kGDbdA4W_akun_Kpal6otrcdB6kTjJVu40GvNcP7y1g4Jz5spyYu1KiGSu1I738zPtWuTo86WNpd35PJ5UVHlo0xRXplwZ8H1XIzvO7P5Lw_r4b5uHICGdAEeogQ4HHXBvz0_wxjLk9Ap8fGADvrUls7cuRWxCaHwpD51JZ498JpZd06YOpaPGX6yJTdGnlRtoP1WkZz9tSKLOtc78PZw7ISAA3jCx0DYu2mY6vqGzvL-ETn8d0IwI-fcBuieAtOeLPY=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

There was a note from @see317
    toj64xyp0b3c.jpg

A literal bounty of wrapped gifts! Hook immediately finds his.
    zkafky5lby41.jpg

First off, cook books! Awesome, I been cooking more at home, trying to enjoy it and find more recipes, so these are much appreciated!
    qjxxysz4osd1.jpg

udv6jap1ycho.jpg

Next a Broly figpin. This is def going to go on my climbing bag, so I can show off my love for DBZ
    eweczzvveih4.jpg

A cast puzzle! These always looked neat to me, and it being level 5 means I imagine I have a bunch of attempts in my future.
    ptoyo1ne2p0h.jpg

I loved this series when I watched it, as I'm a big fan of the book, and this will be perfect for when I want a rewatch.
    1jm6xo3ff04q.jpg

Solar Battery! Perfect for my camping and backpack outings.
    2pbjgej88pr1.jpg

I just bought Fuser last week so I imagine this is going to go towards some DLC songs
    6manpqwtgjiu.jpg

Fluxx! Even though I own plenty of boardgames this was missing in my collection! And Mothy Python themed!
    18sslz7ojiyr.jpg

The entire haul, with added taffy!
    2p5zxnpdj3yb.jpg

Hook enjoying his gift.
    dvcheu96m4zz.jpg

Thank you so much! Both Hook and I send our thanks and wish you a great holiday!

Oh man you are In For It with a level 5 Hanayama puzzle. It might be medium or even easy to get it apart, and you'll spend what seems like hours trying to figure out "Wait how the fuck did I get this apart?" when trying to reassemble it.

edited December 2020
    I have a level 5 Hanayama from last Christmas that I still haven't solved but have also fucked with enough that it doesn't look cool anymore so I can't even pretend to have solved it

Edit: Okay I looked it up and mine is actually a level 6 so maybe don't lose hope yet

Straightzi on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Update, though not from my Satan

w4hmfkbvy30y.jpeg

dajrew44auzk.jpeg

Thank you for the casingle, Rorshach, how did you know

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Oh man you are In For It with a level 5 Hanayama puzzle. It might be medium or even easy to get it apart, and you'll spend what seems like hours trying to figure out "Wait how the fuck did I get this apart?" when trying to reassemble it.

Depends on the puzzle. Someone got me the NEWS level 6 last year at a work gift exchange and putting it back together was very easy due to the mechanism for taking it apart. I can think Chris Ramsay for clues and methods to probe puzzles. I had a stint of watching a bunch of his videos on puzzle solving in 2019. None covered the NEWS puzzle though.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Oh sweet! More gifts!
    A blurry box! I'm not quite sure how it got delivered since it's hard to read, but I'm glad it did!
    9h8uiq7k9kgs.jpg
    Wait a minute! The three year old has struck again!

Awesome! Records!
    fvp0ioj3y3bt.jpg

It should be known that Queen is the greatest group ever. I love Queen. Queen II as an album is awesome. If you are familiar with the Ogre Battle video games then you may know that the name of the game comes from a song on this Album. Also one of the games has the subtitle March of the Black Queen which is also on the album. March of the Black Queen is one of the many rhapsodies that Queen performed of the non-bohemian variety!

David Bowie is also awesome and I love Bowie almost as much as I love Queen!

Thanks Satan!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    edited December 2020
    better step it up, fellas and fellerettes

cello still needs 15 more

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

I got a thing! I do not know if it is from Secret Satans or Secret Shamblers! Here are the pictures anyway!
    A packing slip! With redacting shipping information, even. Incredibly specific, but exactly what I've been looking for!
    0sgtcjikojv7.jpg
    There was also this, like, other smaller box inside the box the packing slip shipped in, I guess I can use this to put something in?
    i5zo18vh9t9l.jpg
    Thank you so much, Dark Lord. Honestly, if I had known this thing existed, I would have bought it for myself, and now I'm going to be looking at other Lego kits in this vein to see what else I can throw money away on. So, thanks for that, I guess? Yeah, actually. Big thanks!

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    *checks notes*
    I think its from Shamblers.

PSN: jfrofl