As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[2020 Election] I Won, Says Loser

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Looks like they're planning a march for Saturday.

e: Henry Rodgers works for Daily Caller

So are they going to be shot with rubber/wooden rounds, doused with pepper spray and beaten by the police?

No, it will mostly be the police doing the marching

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    They absolutely planning a coup, the only real question at this point is if they can get buy-in on it.

I know we don’t prosecute pre-crime, but if there is any interference with the electoral vote certification process or attempt to circumvent the results all these people need to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

There's "actually planning a coup" and "performatively making noise like you're planning a coup without really doing it". The Trump admin has always been more about making noise and performing for the media, less about actually implementing policy. If they really wanted to execute a coup, they would need to be actively purging the military of any high ranking officers not loyal to Trump.

I predict they will continue to say the most absolute batshit fascist shit until inauguration day, and then fail to act on any of it and back off in the end, claiming that they "saved the country" by not starting a civil war.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    That doesn’t appease Trump because he can’t lose.

He still complains about 2016.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    The entire Republican party is of the opinion that they are entitled to rule over the US, and that elections in which they don't win are not relevant. I don't think Trump "has something" on anyone, I think they just truly believe it's not the place of non-Republicans to win elections.

I can understand that, but, I cannot understand what they think will happen if they overturn these results. The economy will crumble, civil unrest will sweep the nation, and all their power will be irrelevant.

I keep on trying to write about this, but it's just too depressing. There's a perfectly sensible thing to say here that serves everyone's needs...

"We believe that current counts show Biden has won the election, however, recounts are in progress and we wish to see the results of those and some ongoing legal challenges before we finalize a transition to the winner of the Election."

Trump is appeased, the public is appeased, and at the end of the re-counts when Biden has won you just end the nonsense.

Oh the easy answer is, they'll kill anyone that argues with them. Fascists don't run stable countries, they rule over the ashes and fuckin love it cause they don't realize that decaying ashes will very quickly become a terrible place to rule over.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    March putsch what's the difference.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    going all out for the Mussolini parallels huh

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Prepare for a coup. They're gonna March straight on to a dictatorship

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

So are they going to be shot with rubber/wooden rounds, doused with pepper spray and beaten by the police?

Obviously the counter-protesters will be brutalized.

• Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    I think pompeo has pretty much proven he is not mature enough to possess his security clearance once bidn takes over. Some of these guys need to be locked out of getting jobs where they can cause this level of issue.

You automatically get your clearance suspended when you change jobs

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Obviously the counter-protesters will be brutalized.

They might even state a Reichstag fire of some kind.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

March to where? It’s a DC protest and not where any ballots are being counted, so unless they plan on burning down the White House or Congress, which I highly doubt, it’s just to make Trump feel better about being a loser.

I’m less worried about a coup and more worried about counter-protesters being attacked and the police doing nothing or actively participating.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Apparently the march will be taking place at every state capitol simultaneously.

They're trying to drum up a news story about the entire country being upset at a stolen election.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    is there... a reason to counterprotest?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, I thought it was just DC.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    bsjezz wrote: »

Depends.. If it's just 409 sad people all over the country marching, it's better to make them look ridiculous.

The higher the number, the bigger the reason for counter protesting would probably be

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

tweeter works for harvard in some capacity, was RTed by nate silver

this rhetoric from the top is extremely unhealthy for democracy. legal votes is their new buzzword, and i bet the only legal votes are for republicans.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

They are protesting for Trump and against democracy. Those are two reasons to counter-protest.

Counter-protests also make it so CNN and FOX cannot use their planned headline "US people across the nation all unanimously united behind Trump in unambiguous clear show of support that not a single person opposes".

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    It's times like these I'm glad I live very close to DC and not IN DC.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

tweeter works for harvard in some capacity, was RTed by nate silver

this rhetoric from the top is extremely unhealthy for democracy. legal votes is their new buzzword, and i bet the only legal votes are for republicans.

The Republican Party has not believed the Democratic Party can legitimately govern the country since August 6, 1965.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Apparently the march will be taking place at every state capitol simultaneously.

They're trying to drum up a news story about the entire country being upset at a stolen election.

Trump wants Trump rallies without the inconvenience of actually having to show up anywhere.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Cool. This isn’t scary at all.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular

Depends.. If it's just 409 sad people all over the country marching, it's better to make them look ridiculous.

The higher the number, the bigger the reason for counter protesting would probably be

Nah, draw the line as early as possible. Make it like those white supremacist marches in 2016 and 2017, where the brownshirt wannabes were outnumbered hundreds or thousands to one every time they tried something.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

They are protesting for Trump and against democracy. Those are two reasons to counter-protest.

Counter-protests also make it so CNN and FOX cannot use their planned headline "US people across the nation all unanimously united behind Trump in unambiguous clear show of support that not a single person opposes".

i guess it would be funny to see it turn into the next election fraud hotline

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Well, it'll give us an idea of how passionate the R's are I guess... I feel like the majority understands they lost and are just being sore losers about it. But who knows.

• Options
    notya wrote: »

Well, it'll give us an idea of how passionate the R's are I guess... I feel like the majority understands they lost and are just being sore losers about it. But who knows.

I mean the thing about this type of thing or his rallies is they don’t measure size as much as enthusiasm

100k enthusiastic people in every state is only 5 million people and a fraction of the gop but it would be huge marches

616610-1.png
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    And I was really hoping for some calm after the election frankly. Just GTFO, for Christ's sake.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Here's the video courtesy of Aaron Rupar of Vox. I genuinely can't tell if he's joking or confused or making a sly coup

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/pompeo-smooth-transition-second-trump-administration-435754
    Although it was unclear whether Pompeo was joking, he refused to acknowledge the outcome of the White House race and insisted that the election was still in the process of being determined. His rhetoric echoed other statements by the president’s allies and congressional Republicans lending credence to the Trump campaign’s voting-related legal challenges.

“We’re ready. The world is watching what’s taking place here,” Pompeo said. “We’re going to count all the votes. When the process is complete, there will be electors selected. There’s a process. The Constitution lays it out pretty clearly.”
    It is a "joke" in that way that is never a joke.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    He's putting on a show for Trump because even Fox News has stopped giving 24/7 handy-js and the adults in the building are just trying to keep Trump appeased until they're all out the door. Him sacking Esper probably riled up some people.

THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT OKAY

JUST TELL HIM NO

SOMEBODY JUST FUCKING STAND UP TO HIM AND FUCKING TELL HIM NO

IT'S DONALD FUCKING TRUMP THE WHINIEST PISS BABY IN THE FUCKING WORLD

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular

White House tells federal agencies to proceed with plans for Trump’s February budget in latest sign of election defiance

The White House budget office has instructed federal agencies to continue preparing the administration’s budget proposal for the next fiscal year, according to multiple administration officials granted anonymity to share details of private conversations.

per Washington Post.

This shit needs to stop right now. Every minute members the GOP don't condemn Trump is a minute closer they come to straight up sedition.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/11/10/trump-federal-budget-post-election/
    White House tells federal agencies to proceed with plans for Trump’s February budget in latest sign of election defiance

Directive is latest sign that Trump aides are acting as if he won the election and won’t leave office on Jan. 20
    The White House budget proposal is typically issued in February, which would be at least two weeks after Trump is scheduled to depart the White House. He lost the Nov. 3 election to Joe Biden and Biden is set to be sworn in on Jan. 20, 2021, though Trump has refused to accept the results.

The decision to proceed with President Trump’s budget for the 2022 fiscal year has rankled and surprised several career staffers given Biden’s victory in the presidential election, as well as the fact that the incoming Biden administration is expected to submit its budget plan to Congress early next year.
    At best, this is a waste of everybody's time. At best.

Couscous on
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    If the media give breathless and credulous coverage to these marches, they will be doing irrevocable damage to the nation - more than they already have.

They'll be lending legitimacy to the claims that the election was illegitimate, and presenting cover for spurious legal charges.

And we all know how this'll go down already, don't we.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    This is why you don't let true believers take charge of the cult.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/11/10/trump-federal-budget-post-election/

Directive is latest sign that Trump aides are acting as if he won the election and won’t leave office on Jan. 20
    The White House budget proposal is typically issued in February, which would be at least two weeks after Trump is scheduled to depart the White House. He lost the Nov. 3 election to Joe Biden and Biden is set to be sworn in on Jan. 20, 2021, though Trump has refused to accept the results.

The decision to proceed with President Trump’s budget for the 2022 fiscal year has rankled and surprised several career staffers given Biden’s victory in the presidential election, as well as the fact that the incoming Biden administration is expected to submit its budget plan to Congress early next year.

And at worst?

• Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/usaid-biden-transition-trump-appointees/2020/11/09/5cf6d880-22c6-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html
    The top political appointee at the U.S. Agency for International Development told officials during a phone call Monday that the agency will not cooperate with the transition to a Biden administration until a Trump appointee signs paperwork ascertaining the winner of the presidential election, three officials with knowledge of the conversation told The Washington Post.

USAID officials were also told on the call that three Trump loyalists are being elevated to top positions at the agency, even as the administration enters its waning days, according to the officials, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to comment on internal discussions.

The shifting leadership and the stance on the transition are causing some alarm within the agency, given President Trump’s refusal to concede the election to President-elect Joe Biden.
    Barsa, who was formerly USAID’s acting administrator, was supposed to step down from his position at the helm of the agency last week but remained in charge after the White House fired Bonnie Glick, who had been serving as the deputy administrator.

Glick was not given any reason for her firing but had supported the steps already taken in the transition process required by law, according to a person familiar with the matter. To prepare for the transition, USAID officials put together a 440-page document designed to help smooth the transfer of power to an incoming Biden administration or provide guidance for a second Trump term.
    USAID officials also learned Monday that Max Primorac, who held previous roles focusing on religious rights in the agency, would be Barsa’s deputy, two people with knowledge of the decision said. His title will be “senior official performing the duties of the deputy administrator.”
    Meisburger appears to have been sharing his views on the election results on a personal Twitter account, writing on Saturday: “Hilarious. The media perpetrated hoax after hoax designed to influence the election in 2018 and 2020, and actively censored my political party, and we are supposed to accept in when THEY call the election? Never!!!”
    Too clever by half people: look, this subversion of the government is just for show. It won't cause huge problems. I am smart

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

The President's Budget Proposal is always a waste of everybody's time every year they do it.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    This is why criminal charges need to be brought on Trump and his ghoulish coterie of sycophants and enablers.

I don’t think whatever Trump is planning will work, cause the nation would be over and I don’t think we’re there yet, but I sure as shit don’t want the next guy to have any ideas and fucking prison time better happen to ensure they don’t.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

I wonder how many crowds of 8 people end up showing up at various Capital Total Landscaping locations.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

The same way that the Women's March installed President Hillary Clinton.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Man I just don’t agree the nation will be over. I think half the country would support it, a chunk will be against it but convince themselves it must be legit because no way can it be a coup, a chunk will think it’s a coup but accept it and the last chunk will be beaten and arrested and give up

And then we’ll all go back to work.

And the fact this is likely what will happen is why the GOP is wiling to do it

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Man I just don’t agree the nation will be over. I think half the country would support it, a chunk will be against it but convince themselves it must be legit because no way can it be a coup, a chunk will think it’s a coup but accept it and the last chunk will be beaten and arrested and give up

And then we’ll all go back to work.

And the fact this is likely what will happen is why the GOP is wiling to do it

You are describing the end of America if a legitimate election gets thrown out like that.

This discussion has been closed.