As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I have 78 feathers after running it with all 3 characters. There’s a triumph for getting them all in a week, but it didn’t trigger... but I’m pretty sure that’s all I can get... so maybe bugged?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think the rumor is you need 100? But I have no idea how it works.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I think the rumor is you need 100? But I have no idea how it works.

It’s 100 to finish that quest, but the triumph is for finding all the feathers hidden in the mission in a week. Esoterick posted this:

“The triumph seems to be currently bugged for collecting all 5 of these. I didn't want to create a video yesterday until I was sure there were no more feathers to be found, but I don't think there's anymore in the mission at all. I've searched pretty much everywhere, and nobody else seems to have found any more.”

The triumph for completing it with a fireteam all using Hawkmoon is bugged too.

Bungus plz

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Oh we all used Hawkmoon and didn't get the triumph either. I did get the under 15min one completion.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, everything is super bugged it seems. Some triumphs trigger, some don't.

Honestly, given how past missions have worked even the amount of feathers you can gather a week seems bugged. Usually these things are 3 week affairs. And if you collect all the feathers you can on 1 character you get exactly 34. But then you also can randomly get a bunch more from the previous mission and the chest, so....

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The bugged way to get a flawless run on the mission is also pretty silly / amusing.

It's only Triumphs, so how buggy it is doesn't bother me, but it also is pretty amusing as it blocks a Seal.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Also we ran it as a twosome last night so I finally got some random rolled Hawkmoons. Definitely much easier then solo. Like miles easier. Still a bit of a challenge but not a big deal. Interestingly the order of spawns in the first no-respawn area changed. Maybe it's random? Either way it made that section way easier then when I was trying to solo it the day before.

My first Hawkmoon was hipfire grip which pfft, sharded.
    But the second was Opening Shot which is pretty sweet. Also Smallbore (+range/stability), which is the barrel I wanted. Polymer Grip though (+handling) so not perfect, but still pretty close.

It definitely feels nicer then my old non-random Hawkmoon.

The next one I really want is a Killing Wind roll for PvE stuff. I'd try out a few other rolls too and see what they do.
    Smallbore + Smooth Grip is what I'm aiming for from the barrel/grip.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Order of spawns in the first no-respawn area:
    They spawn in the order you kill the emissaries, essentially you can pick the spawn order.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So is the expectation that the Hawkmoon mission and followup mission will continue to be available into next season? At this point, I'm just prepared to scrub the entire season and get to all the interesting parts with the boost to light level given naturally when the season changes.

• Options
    So is the expectation that the Hawkmoon mission and followup mission will continue to be available into next season? At this point, I'm just prepared to scrub the entire season and get to all the interesting parts with the boost to light level given naturally when the season changes.

I believe the triumphs are around till Season 15, so it should be around all year. Which matches what they were telling us about how seasonal content was gonna work this year.

• Options
    Thinking about it, the extent of this mission also I think probably explains why the seasonal content from Season of the Hunt looks the way it does. I would bet a ton of the resources allocated to this season went into building that whole new area and setting up the mini-dungeon and all that.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

Everything important will stick around until the next expansion.

I wouldn't put it past Bungie to arbitrarily update the power level requirements, but hopefully they don't.

• Options
    Updating the power level of the activity would make the most sense to me. Otherwise it just trivializes the difficulty level.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Updating the power level of the activity would make the most sense to me. Otherwise it just trivializes the difficulty level.

The issue to which I presume Arteen alludes is that they would likely up it to a given season's ULTIMATE POWER LEVEL, which means that suddenly folks have to spend X weeks getting geared back up to enjoy the content they were just playing before the season changed.

I'm a long-standing opponent of power level in general (and its treadmill), but even if we assume that's just how the game is for all eternity, I still think the ideal would be for content like Harbinger to be difficult independent of power level in such a way that a change in max level is irrelevant. Certainly they have the tools to impose thresholds upon the player, so why not just have the mission function such that no player can exceed 1280?

• Options
    Often times these little missions and dungeons are some of the best content destiny has to offer, so the more people who get to experience it the better imo

Too bad it doesn't have matchmaking

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    They should use Contest Modifiers more frequently on special content. Maybe I'm a masochist, but I like there being a curve where you can improve/reduce difficulty to an extent, but not trivialize encounters. Nightfalls do it semi-well, and like Whisper was still hard, but if it means putting in caps to power-level to make sure that Content remains engaging, I'd be down.

Or do both - regular mode where you can outlevel it, and Heroic mode where you can't. Adjust rewards, etc.

Again, yeah, Whisper, but for more things (special missions, dungeons, raids).

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I've been normally grudgingly in acceptance of the power level grind, but this season broke me to a certain extent. I got to the soft cap and was ready to do the post story quests to continue powering up stasis, but right after the raid was beaten for the first time, the mission that unlocked was at "starting the raid" power level, more than 20 from where I was. And my go to for weekly leveling, strikes, actually has dramatically LESS content than it did a season ago, which is disheartening to say the least. And they ruined vendors out of... spite? And please enjoy dramatically less bright dust for bothering with weekly strikes. And no more world bounties for Gambit to boost XP with what you're already doing.

But I could at least explore Europa to make up those required levels though, right? Naw, exploring the new content would only progress me at miniscule points when a Prime engram bothered to drop. I found the idea of grinding an even MORE repetitive and limited list of activities to see any of the new stuff pretty gross and haven't returned, save for a trip to see if The Dawning would be interesting at all this year (answer: nope).

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    I agree they nerfed Bright Dust stuff but I got a decent chunk from The Dawning and I barely touched it

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50019
    "You may notice fewer umbral engrams sitting in your inventory than before. While it was fun to watch umbral engrams rain down on players in season 11, the drop rates were higher than expected and so we are rebalancing the drop rate."

can they just not

• Options
    The Augment lockout timer occasionally resets during the final encounter against Taniks.
    This was consistently happening to me, and only me, on the third encounter of the raid while trying to do the challenge. So infuriating.

• Options
    Xagar wrote: »
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50019
    "You may notice fewer umbral engrams sitting in your inventory than before. While it was fun to watch umbral engrams rain down on players in season 11, the drop rates were higher than expected and so we are rebalancing the drop rate."

can they just not

I would appreciate not having to go to the tower every 2 activities to empty out my engrams and keep my postmaster from instantly overflowing.

• Options
    On new consoles and PC they should simply increase the vault space.

Or, alternatively, they can finally fucking give us a blue auto-dismantle

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Vault space is a server space issue, not a client side issue. It is to cut down on data storage for the entire game.

But yeah holy hell auto-dismantle blues plz. At least as a toggle setting.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I mean it's got to be a toggle, blues are an important part of catching second and third characters up to power level once you've got one there. It's a bullshit part of the game and they should figure out an alternative to the power grind but right now it's really important for the first few weeks of a season. It's a giant pain in the ass after that and they should fix it, definitely.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    More like Grumble Engrams.

• Options
    I hope Bungie can figure out a better solution to the problem umbral engrams are designed to solve.

Umbrals are good and I'm glad they're back, but they also exacerbate Destiny's long-existing inventory issues.

• Options
    Nice, I like the idea of these returning Umbrals.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Peen wrote: »
    I mean it's got to be a toggle, blues are an important part of catching second and third characters up to power level once you've got one there. It's a bullshit part of the game and they should figure out an alternative to the power grind but right now it's really important for the first few weeks of a season. It's a giant pain in the ass after that and they should fix it, definitely.

Are they though? I literally only leveled my main, and using the season pass track + my massive token cache it was trivial to level my alts. I know they're phasing out some of that, but my Vanguard tokens aren't going anywhere.

I don't see the downside to offering a toggle, even if it's buried in the settings. Post every PvP match I get 4-5 blues and it only takes a handful of matches to be nearly full up. Who needs that busy work.

• Options
    I mean yes I want that toggle, but as a casual player I will sometimes pull something out of the vault and need to infuse it up to a usable level and it's less wasteful to use a blue for that.

Of course, none of this would matter if the entire system weren't complete dogshit.

• Options
    Maybe I just play too much but I'm buried in at soft cap drops, legendary and not. I'm fine with a blue every now and then but like I said, 5 for every PvP match is a little insane.

• Options
    Fundamentally, the system just sucks. I shouldn't be able to lose progress because I was tired and didn't notice a shitty gun I got was my pinnacle and sharded it.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    There has to be some common sense rules at the postmaster. A blue 20 levels under you should not overwrite an exotic.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Got an exotic cipher. What should I spend it on?

Leaning Sleeper Simulant, Izunagi's, or Devil's Ruin. Any suggestions?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Izanagi out of those three. It's a shadow of it's former self but it's still very good in the dps it can do. As a solo player I sometimes have a hard time finding a space for it because of the dog shit champion system, but if you run in groups then it's much easier to give it a spot in your load out.
    Sleeper Simulant is better than people like to pretend, but it needs a little more love to be really competitive in that heavy exotic slot. Probably upper mid tier but the gap between the tiers is huge in the heavy exotic slot tbh.
    Devil's Ruin is lots of fun but so is every sidearm, and like most sidearms it shines in add clear or pvp shenanigans so I would definitely put it in low tier for spending ciphers on.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Got an exotic cipher. What should I spend it on?

Leaning Sleeper Simulant, Izunagi's, or Devil's Ruin. Any suggestions?

Of those, Izanagi’s probably has the most overall utility. Sleeper is still one of my personal favs though just because it’s a big fuckoff laser. Devil’s Ruin I never really used.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    If you have raid currency/don't mind grinding raids before you buy, get Anarchy.
    Otherwise, Eriana's Vow or Izanagi's Burden are your best bets

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Order of spawns in the first no-respawn area:
    They spawn in the order you kill the emissaries, essentially you can pick the spawn order.

This was the best advice ever btw. Made the first section like 100x easier.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    So I just soloed the Harbinger quest. Not as bad as I'd initially thought once you get how the mechanics work. Didn't get the flawless but I wasn't trying super hard. Died on the opening jumping puzzle and didn't feel like resetting so I just experimented. I only died like two more times, neither on either of the "boss" encounters and 1 of them just from a stupid out-of-bounds bit in the second jumping section. So should be doable with some work.

The big thing that made this much easier, as I said above, was knowing that for the mid-way "boss" encounter you can control the order of the spawns. This is huge because the arc shielded fuckers spawn with an endless amount of snipers, so if you leave him till last it gets real nasty as you meet 2 yellow (orange?) bar centurions firing constant bolts at you, 2 unstoppable champs rushing you and endlessly respawning snipers on the top level. Plus another set of snipers that spawn in on the bottom level too. And those snipers take most of your health with every shot.

The order I suggest personally is Centurion (arc shield) -> Knight (solar shield) -> Wizard (void shield). That gives you the easier enemy spawns on the last wave, which is the hardest one because of the health of the boss guys and the two champs. Wizards are an easy kill with a heavy attack from Falling Guillotine even on the last wave so you can clean them up super fast and they just spawn with some easily killed thrall. Then you can just take out the two champs at your leisure. Second wave with all the stupid fucking taken goblins is the only hard part.

I was going for solo flawless because why not so I was running warlock with well of radiance and charged with light->protective light and that worked well.

For the first section I ran with Europa Pulse/Borealis/Falling Guillotine. You need the range for the majority of the mission, so pulse helps. Borealis to pop shields as needed. Sword to kill shit super fast. Switched to a hand cannon to deal with champs during the midway "boss" encounter. I switched back to pulse for the next jumping section and then briefly back to HC for the final champ right before the boss.

For the boss I went with Europa Pulse/Trophy Hunter/Anarchy. No champs in here so need for that stuff. There are only 2 kinds of shields: void on the acolytes, solar on the knights. Trophy Hunter or Borealis (maybe other void snipers too, I didn't test) will one-shot the acolytes with a body shot. The shield pops and the explosion instantly kills them and despawns/kills their turrets. Knights I just used a grenade/melee to pop their shields and then hit them with Anarchy. Killing the knights is the hardest part of the boss fight and I generally used my super for them. Anarchy melts the boss super safely. Just hide behind rocks and take out the goblins while the anarchy stuff does the work.

The basic flow of the fight is you fight the boss, goblins spawn in periodically. You do like 40% of the bosses health, he despawns, a bunch of acolytes and 2 knights spawn in. There is one knight on each of the rocky areas, one left, one right. Until you kill the knight the acolyte on that side will keep respawning fairly quickly. Once the two knights are dead and the rest of the acolytes, the boss returns. Repeat till dead. There's 2 add phases and that's it.

shryke on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    If you have raid currency/don't mind grinding raids before you buy, get Anarchy.
    Otherwise, Eriana's Vow or Izanagi's Burden are your best bets

Already had the Vow and catalyst, and I dont feel like grinding out another 180 raid currency, so Izanagi's it is.

Always liked the looks of it anyway.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    How is the power level handled for the final exotic mission y'all are talking about? Is it set to a specific number or is it like +10 your current power like the weekly mission from last season was?