As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i thought getting shots on vex precision spots with bows was easier and uhhh

LOL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abpvV3jOlYs

WHAT IS THIS

obF2Wuw.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I got stuck in Insight Terminus, Kargen didnt flee near the portal like he is supposed to.

So he kept being there, hostile, immune to damage and insta stomping you into a wall if you got near.

It seems like a ton of strikes have bugs with their event triggers.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

LOL?

WHAT IS THIS

What bow is that? It's sexy.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

LOL?

WHAT IS THIS

its the hysterically goofy whispering slab

i got one with sympathetic armoury and hipfire grip + icarus grip so i can reload my fighting lion when i whiff and can fire it midair reasonably accurate. also lightweight so super spody

shader is the sexy "iranian bathroom fixture" calus shader

obF2Wuw.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Pretty sure precision shots are easier on the vex, but remember their head isn't a precision shot, it's the lower abdomen / juice box. Of course, they squat down so you can't hit it, but yeah, it's easier to hit. I did a few bounties this AM with the new Europa bow and mostly vex kills.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

LOL?

WHAT IS THIS

its the hysterically goofy whispering slab

i got one with sympathetic armoury and hipfire grip + icarus grip so i can reload my fighting lion when i whiff and can fire it midair reasonably accurate. also lightweight so super spody

shader is the sexy "iranian bathroom fixture" calus shader

It must be the shader throwing me off, I didn't recognize it at all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited November 2020
    Nosf wrote: »
    Pretty sure precision shots are easier on the vex, but remember their head isn't a precision shot, it's the lower abdomen / juice box. Of course, they squat down so you can't hit it, but yeah, it's easier to hit. I did a few bounties this AM with the new Europa bow and mostly vex kills.

no i mean whats funny is look how the bullet magnetism is working here. if u mouse over the enemy hitbox it literally takes shots that should hit the enemy hitbox and fires them into the fuckin wall - presumably because its trying to bend towards what it thinks is the correct centre mass shot but its hysterical looking

u can see its not a projectile firing location problem because the same shot higher up away from the hitbox doesnt hit the wall

its a complete violation of the idea the projectile is travelling where u aim it lol - its taking information about a target past a blockage then using that to fire ur shot into the blockage

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I know there's some sort of aim magnetization that shifts your aim towards the head zone since they've mentioned it in patch notes before, so my bet is there's a literal edge case here the edge of the wall interferes with the projectile but not whatever math they use

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Finished both weeklies, chose my Fragments
    Durance and Bonds. Seems like the two most powerful to start with. Funnily enough the best way to make use of Bonds with the Hunter super is to just hit them with the first throw and then send the second throw down the way a bit, so you can get the ice kills without the tornado stealing them. Seems to be generous with returning super.

Local H Jay on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Game's pretty fucky right now, I've gotten weaseled out three times in the past hour and that's three more times than I've been weaseled out in the past six months.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Whispers of Hedron is insane. 1 taps on several weapons in PvP.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    That warlock exotic looks nuts. Shame I haven’t even started campaign on my warlock

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    fighting lion with sympathetic armoury is super fun hurrah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmV-63FHa7o

6f9cdjt6px70.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    fighting lion with sympathetic armoury is super fun hurrah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmV-63FHa7o

6f9cdjt6px70.png

Wow, I had to make sure you were wearing Ophidian Aspect to know you were playing a Warlock and not a Hunter what with how fast you were going all over the place. Nice to see I'm not the only one that likes that particular Warlock Exotic. :)

i used to go faster but they nerfed sword jumping <|8-(

obF2Wuw.png
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Whispers of Hedron is insane. 1 taps on several weapons in PvP.

CoolGuy had a video where he's like "This shit is straight up broken and needs to be fixed". Which is not the kind of thing he says almost ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21nJEARp_gQ

Basically non-stop no-reload-required one-shot bodyshots with Borealis.

Also, without having picked up any fragments or aspects, my evaluation of the new stasis classes is that Warlock feels kinda crappy in PvE but seems fucking nuts in PvP, Hunter feels fucking awesome in PvE and Titan just kinda feels underwhelming all around. I'm gonna need to fiddle a bit more and get some upgrades for this stuff to really know for sure though.

But Warlock definitely feels like mid-tree void in PvE right now. It's just terrible at add clear and boss damage and seems entirely focused around PvP.
    And Hunter immediately felt fucking awesome. It's almost like a better version of mid-tree gunslinger.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Finished the campaign. Kinda loved it. Grabbed this sweet screenshot during the final mission.
    wEl3e32.jpg

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i guess Nightfall changes every day now, cause it was Exodus Crash last time i looked and now its The Disgraced.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so i guess Nightfall changes every day now, cause it was Exodus Crash last time i looked and now its The Disgraced.

Exodus Crash is bugged so they changed the Nightfall.

Fun fact, I was doing strike playlist stuff earlier today and Exodus Crash came up. I said to myself, "Well clearly they wouldn't have disabled it for Nightfall but left it in the Strike playlist if it was a general error and not Nightfall specific."

I am dumb sometimes.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I will say, one change that makes me furious...

...is how the Arc graphic color was tinted from blue to slightly tealish-blue.

H9f4bVe.png
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So I’ll take back a lot of my initial comments about the game feeling empty

Weekly powerful rewards were hidden from me until 1200 so I thought they were out

I didn’t know drifter had an exotic quest for me

I didn’t know variks quests would unlock a dlc system to upgrade and pursue

So a lot of post campaign stuff was not visible to me it’s not nearly as bad as I thought

616610-1.png
    Just timed my Series X, took me 20 seconds to load to the tower from orbit

Also Winters Wrath can suck my ass, that is all

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    The choice of Stasis seems like a mistake to me. It did before release and it still does now I've gotten to use it.

In one way it's cool becasue it's new and different from the old elemental subclasses but in every other way it seems bad.

Spoilers for early campaign dialog (very minor spoilers anyone could guess, probably, but just in case):
    The Stranger plays up how the Darkness tempts and wants you to give in to your urges but stasis isn't a terribly tempting ability. When The Darkness Beckons I sigh internally because I know I'm going to end up having a meh time. My grenade isn't useful to spam and my super feels like I'd be happier if I could bust out a to-level Loaded Question.

The lore and some of the dialog plays up how Darkness == Chaos but ice powers are literally the opposite.

I feel like our first brush with Darkness powers should have had a lot more bang. I have no idea what, considering how explodey/zappy the existing classes are, but something that feels like playing with fire. Tearing apart reality to destroy the enemy and endangering yourself at the same time.

Given the rumors that we'll be getting more Darkness subclasses (which seems obviously, really) I'm betting there's one in the works using Hive green fire. Probably with lots of swords. I think that would've been a better choice for our first Darkness class.

But maybe it's subtler than that and the relatively banality of Stasis is the Darkness trying to lure us in by saying, "Hey, look, I'm mostly a utility! Nothing super dangerous here!"

I'm curious, what lore plays up that Darkness == Chaos? I'll need to pay more attention when I go through with my next character.

If anything, the Light seems to be the more chaotic one.
    The lore seems to indicate that before anything, there was the Gardner (Light) and the Winnower (Darkness). They played seemingly infinite games of simulated "life" and one particular final pattern or shape always superseded all others in the end.

The Gardner didn't like this, so they made a new rule by putting themselves into play in the simulated game so that other possible patterns and shapes could exist and grow. The Gardner didn't want the same thing over and over, it wanted randomness, differences, possibilities, changes, other forms and patterns to appear. This seems more chaotic to me.

The Winnower was happy with that one final shape always winning. It was perfect, its only purpose was to exist and it did it every single time. In this way, Stasis does seem appropriate for the Darkness. Set, rigid, frozen, controlled, unchanging, pristine.

I've come to think of the Traveler and the Pyramids as the Gardner's and Winnower's game pieces inserted into the universe. Like, the Gardner and Winnower themselves are so beyond comprehension, there's no way you could actually imagine or interact directly with them, so the Traveler and Pyramids are their limited manifestations in our universe so that there can be interactions, and even then the Guardians barely understand what they are. The Darkness thinks the Light fucked up by uplifting these lifeforms that are still doomed to suffer and die by the Final Shape which will eventually win The Game again. That's why the Nightmares appear on the Moon, the Darkness is showing us the horrible things that have been experienced by all these people. Because the Light interfered with the natural way of things, all these people and lives will exist, yes, but they'll endure pain and loss and suffering and death, and for what point? A false semblance of hope? Does the Light even care, or is it just uplifting things until it finds something that can beat the Final Shape so that it can say "hah, fuck you" to the Winnower?

Anyway, this shit is cool and I like thinking about it.

You're right, the pre-BL lore was pretty "Darkness wants simplicty". I recall thinking the ice thing made sense when the first reveal trailer came out.

I was talking about the BL-specific lore.
    The Clovis Bray journal pages specifically talk about using Darkness as, basically, a random noise generator to prevent Exos from going insane because the force of Darkness is naturally chaotic and corrosive. Then, during the campaign, someone... I want to say it was Elsie but maybe it was Eramis or Eramis' luetenant? someone, anyway, says, I think word-for-word, "The Darkness is chaos".

It may just be a matter of different writers working at cross purposes. I dunno. It just seems like the garden lore book fit more with the stasis power set than the Clovis book or what anybody in-game says about itv.

Played a couple of rounds of Crucible today with stasis. It is, indeed, pretty OP there. I don't really even see how you fix it unless they change freeze from a hard lock to just a slow effect or something.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

It takes 3 seconds to join someone if they’re not in a public area or the tower. I wonder why that is.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited November 2020
    One super nice thing about the new Xbox that maybe xbone had too, I dunno, but you can remote play from the Xbox with an app

So my phone with a sweet clasp on the controller becomes a handheld device. I *think* I can do it with my pc too so I don’t need to move my Xbox around if my wife wants the tv

Phone works really well for Pve low difficulty Grindy stuff

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Titan Stasis is almost super good in PvP and if Warlocks weren't busy one shotting everything Behemoth might be much more impressive.

The class starts pretty weak, but once you get the improved slide you end up with some impressive mobility tools. The melee is bad as a melee but great as a weird dash and the slide and melee together can cover a crazy amount of distance.

I think the lack of a good melee hurts Behemoth quite a bit but the mobility tools available are really impressive, it's just hard to care about mobility when another class gets a ranged melee OHKO.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The way the quest chains are handed out for building Status is kind of super annoying. Go do 3 strikes using Status and some other task. Okay cool. Kill a bunch of Vex and specifically get "shatter" kills which is not... when the enemies turn to ice and shatter necessarily. That's really annoying, but okay fine. Now go do 3 playlist activities. You mean... like strikes? Sure, why not.

Guh.

edited November 2020
    The Shatter kills bugs me because they never quite explain it. You have to freeze then break enemies, but not too fast or too slow. Too fast and it just kills them, too slow and they can break free. It's annoying. And melees seem like one of the few reliable ways to trigger the Shatter effect to count for bounties/quests

I'll say this, the Gambit weekly was 100× easier than the PvP weekly, but because atleast this week the Gambit quest only called for killing Slowed enemies, which is easier to do than Shatter 45 people in PvP.

Local H Jay on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't know about the Gambit or Vanguard quests but the Adored is very easy to get in the crucible.

The Shatter kills bugs me because they never quite explain it. You have to freeze then break enemies, but not too fast or too slow. Too fast and it just kills them, too slow and they can break free. It's annoying. And melees seem like one of the few reliable ways to trigger the Shatter effect to count for bounties/quests

I'll say this, the Gambit quest was 100× easier than the PvP quest, but because atleast this week the Gambit quest only called for killing Slowed enemies, which is easier to do than Shatter 45 people in PvP.

I and a few friends did not have the same Gambit quest. My Gambit quest was kill 5 Guardians (not with Stasis, thankfully), 60 shatter kills, and 35 stasis melee kills as a Titan. It was a pain.

Friend, who is a Hunter, needed to get 60 power weapon kills, 30 slowed combatants killed, and 10 blockers killed with Stasis.

edited November 2020
    Oh wow yeah mine was very different. The Shatter kills are specifically super annoying to get so I hope they lower the number required later on. I wish instead of just giving you Infinite super in the campaign they actually taught you how to use the powers. The Shurikens are super fun once you get the hang of them but they must don't explain how they work at all.

Also we went against a titan with the slide booster thingy in Comp and it was super fucking annoying so yay

Local H Jay on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I'll say this, the Gambit weekly was 100× easier than the PvP weekly, but because atleast this week the Gambit quest only called for killing Slowed enemies, which is easier to do than Shatter 45 people in PvP.

I googled it because it was making me mad. The best way I've found is to throw the wall grenade down near a group, and then just shoot it. If the enemies are weak enough to get killed by those little explosions, those are Shatters. PVP Shatters clearly need to be done in a different way, I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Like, when I freeze someone with my Warlock Super and then send out the shockwave that breaks them into pieces, I feel like that is CLEARLY shattering them to death??

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    If you kill them with the initial Stasis attack it doesn't count (which makes me mad). Shatter damage is when you destroy stasis crystals and they burst, which can happen to enemies that are currently frozen.

H9f4bVe.png
    Explain to me how to do this, please. You are our resident Sword Master.

https://imgur.com/Pc3Wlsf

edited November 2020
    Shatter kills aren’t that bad.

Use the ice wall nade and then shoot the wall so it blows up. It deals tons of damage and gets oodles of shatter kills on basic pve jerks

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I don't know if this synergy is intentional or whether it's yet another bug but I really, really hope it's intentional because gun/armor combinations would be a very addition to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5frdIDm2FyI

No way this doesn't get nerfed.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

speaking of load times, has anyone who hasn't upgraded to a next-gen system noticed things loading a bit faster? not lightning fast, inventory/director still takes a few seconds at least, but things definitely feel like they're running a bit smoother since BL launched. maybe a benefit of their overhaul and the DCV?

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

speaking of load times, has anyone who hasn't upgraded to a next-gen system noticed things loading a bit faster? not lightning fast, inventory/director still takes a few seconds at least, but things definitely feel like they're running a bit smoother since BL launched. maybe a benefit of their overhaul and the DCV?

Yup. Everything is loading much faster on my Xbox One. Loading into the game is especially noticeable.

Bizazedo wrote: »
    Explain to me how to do this, please. You are our resident Sword Master.

https://imgur.com/Pc3Wlsf

thats a worldline zero heavy attack with temporal sprint up, presumably getting a momentum cancel from something in hunter stasis tree

its the same mechanic as the old worldline cancel (albeit a bit slower) but not from boosting in the middle of the heavy cos they smacked that

havent unlocked stasis on anything yet so beyond that unsure, but other than that ye thats just a worldline heavy cancel

obF2Wuw.png