As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If I don't get a Chain Reaction sword SO HELP ME

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I really want to get a couple shots at the sword. It can get chain reaction which sounds like so much fun!

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Trials is Dead Cliffs and the sword is at 3 boots at 5

Sounds like I can skip Tri-
    Arteen wrote: »
    I really want to get a couple shots at the sword. It can get chain reaction which sounds like so much fun!

-iaahhhh shit!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Trials is Dead Cliffs and the sword is at 3 boots at 5

Flawless box is adept... Rocket launcher

Finally, my week to go flawless.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    It's a shame Royal Entry is better atm, but I assume eventually RLs will be rebalanced....

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Another noob question... why does everyone use energy weapons in PvP? Don't they do less damage than kinetics?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Another noob question... why does everyone use energy weapons in PvP? Don't they do less damage than kinetics?

They don’t do less damage in PvP

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

Because the current hotness is 120 HCs and Aggressive Frame shotguns. Igneous Hammer is generally the best 120 HC for PvP and it's energy and Astral Horizon is right there to pair perfectly with it, so there's your loadout.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Trials feels pretty sweaty this weekend, though it could just be that I was playing with europeans

• Options
    I managed to snag a Chain Reaction + Tireless Blade sword!

I can't wait to fool around with it.

• Options
    I got one too, I can keep playing Destiny.

• Options
    I'm gonna say the general population doesn't give a toss about the sword because this weekend has been worse than the last few (anecdotally anyways). Fridays are usually the widest pool but yeah, feels like every other match is against people with 3000+ elmo scores and more flawlesses than god himself.

I did get a triple 20+ roll on the boots so that's neato!
    i1y0nktk7krf.png

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    I managed to snag a Chain Reaction + Tireless Blade sword!

I can't wait to fool around with it.

Status update: I fooled around with it and love it.

Also, I learned that you can shoot the projectile when the sword is not fully charged (such as while blocking), it only costs 1 ammo and still does enough damage to kill normal red bar enemies.

• Options
    We’ve been playing gambit today with the house rule that everyone does as many push-ups as the number of motes lost by the team. It really adds some spice to the usual gambit session.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Trials really took a downwards turn after win 3. At least we got some swords.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I just cannot get luck with LFG on this GM. Died at the boss 3 times now. Not that hard, folks I get put in with just don't seem to know how to stay alive. Ooof.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Lost 4-5 at the gates of the Lighthouse. So close!

EDIT: 0 for 3 in Lighthouse matches tonight. Rough night.

Arteen on
  • Options
    Trials treated us well last night. Me, Timeboxer and BashDannon jumped in for a few quick games. We ended up going 3-0 + 1 mercy + 1 reset from the first game. Also both me and Bash got Tireless Blade/Chain Reaction swords, which is literally the best unique drop for the sword afaik. So I'm feeling pretty good. Rest of my drops were crap but eh. I got the one I wanted.

Chain Reaction on the sword seems pretty fun so far. Not sure how good it is, but it's fun. I think Caster Frame swords in general need a bit of love.

• Options
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I haven't played a round of gambit all season, because I've been waiting for all the challenges to show up. Played for about 4-5 hours last night, finished all of them with the exception of "Earn Infamy Ranks" (I'm at 4 of 5 with about 8-9k infamy) and finished the ornament for the launcher.

Every single person in the playlist right now is a grizzled, hardened gambit vet and its fantastic.

All of my matches were over quick, but usually very close. Saw tons and tons of chaos reach and thundercrash, boss burn weapons, nearly no one dying to adds with 15 motes. Just quiet competence on all sides. Just about the only thing that feels unfair in the mode is Eyes of Tomorrow, its really hard to hear/see it being used and it leads to feeling like you died out of nowhere.

The craziest part of my challenge/pursuit grind was that I finished the kills and envoys before I got the 350 motes banked for the ornament. Because holy sweet jesus my teammates were actually grabbing and banking motes as hard as I do.

This situation would absolutely suck for anyone not already invested/knowledgable about this mode though, but damn was it actually enjoyable for me last night.

• Options
    Falling Star throws Gambit way outta wack, if a team is running premade with more than one of those it's a total stomp fest

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Oh I totally agree, its busted as all hell. Chaos reach is right behind it though, and last night it was sort of a MAD situation with how many falling star titans each side had.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    They need to vault Gambit and bring back all the vaulted Crucible maps.

This will never happen, I know.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    All I know is it's been 4 years and they still haven't fixed the Dead Cliffs spawns bungie why

• Options
    All I know is it's been 4 years and they still haven't fixed the Dead Cliffs spawns bungie why

They took away the map for awhile to fix it and then brought it back having, as far as I can tell, fixed nothing.

The sad thing is that I think it's a great Comp/Trials map. Like so many things it's entirely the terrible spawn system that makes it bad in 6v6.

Listening to people talking about the problems with PvP, I sometimes feel like these conversations are too dominated by the top-level PvP players asking for fixes that are needed but don't have as big an impact on most players. I think fixing the bad spawn system in the game would probably do more to improve the PvP experience for most players then most of the balance fixes.

• Options
    I haven't really used the Warlock Stasis ice turret, because Duskfield grenades were cracked and why would you give that up, but now that they're bad I'm trying the turret in Iron Banner and it's really very sweet. I missed that you charge it and throw it where you want, I thought it just sorta dropped in place like a rift, but being able to put it where you want it is great. Throwing it behind a bunch of people on a control point is delightful, way more fun than a grenade would be, I highly recommend giving it a shot if you haven't.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I haven't really used the Warlock Stasis ice turret, because Duskfield grenades were cracked and why would you give that up, but now that they're bad I'm trying the turret in Iron Banner and it's really very sweet. I missed that you charge it and throw it where you want, I thought it just sorta dropped in place like a rift, but being able to put it where you want it is great. Throwing it behind a bunch of people on a control point is delightful, way more fun than a grenade would be, I highly recommend giving it a shot if you haven't.

Yeah, I was having a lot of fun throwing the Turret into chokepoints on Fragment, as well as on the ledges that look down onto B. On its own, I'm not sure it does a whole lot (which is good), but lots of nice strategic functionality. Probably needs to have its duration tuned down a bit though.

• Options
    I'd agree that it could last for a shorter time if it could hit anything reliably, as it is its main utility is to keep people moving and act as a distraction and if it had a shorter duration I think it'd lose most of its utility.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    They die super fast to people actually shooting at it, though.

That's actually why they are great in PvE stuff, enemies don't know to attack it and it can lock down champions and bigger enemies.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    They die super fast to people actually shooting at it, though.

That explains much about my experience using them in Iron Banner last night.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    edit: the thumbnail here is a bit clickbaity: basically you can farm the TYPE of lost sector exotic you want (head/arms/chest/boots) by hoarding exotics in the postmaster and then opening them on the correct day.
    https://youtu.be/-uOMiaMr3aI

august on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    you're goddamn right Zavala

Also interesting, there's going to be a live event it sounds like at the end
    Participate in the final weekend’s Closing Ceremonies at the Tower to unlock a purchasable gold pin commemorating the winning class.

EDIT: Wait what lol, your stuff from last year is useless
    Previous Guardian Games class items (the Cunning Rivalry Cloak, Mighty Rivalry Mark, and Sage Rivalry Bond) will not generate Laurels or progress any Guardian Games bounties.
    Another note about the rewards:
    The three exotic Guardian Games ghost shells can be purchased with Laurels from Eva. The Color of Speed exotic Sparrow can be earned through collecting class points and completing Triumphs. The Heir Apparent exotic Machine Gun can be acquired through a Quest if players do not already own it, and the Heir Apparent catalyst has a chance to drop from banking Gold or Platinum Medals if players already own the gun.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Glad the Catalyst comes eady, I enjoy that gun thoroughly. I want them to update the Lore tab now post-Chosen....

• Options
    One of the objectives is Trials, so maybe the next few weekends will be a bit easier? I kept coming up just short of the Lighthouse last weekend.

• Options
    Ok the tennis ball ghost is funny but the texture looks like pubes

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50247

TWAB
    They're doing a new poll like the armor ornament one, this time it's for weapon ornaments, choose your top 3 from the list (btw vote for Fighting Lion): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/wpnornsurvey
    Rest of the article is about Guardian Games, some other info:
    • There will be a special strike playlist, where you will only be matched with players of the same class, with rotating modifiers based on how your class did every day
    • New armor ornaments are very shadable
    • Water Bottle Ghost
    • Weekly medal ceremony every weekend, if you go to the Tower you get a glow based on how your team did that week, plus a special All-Star glow if you finish a Platinum medal card (for doing objectives in Trials, Nightfall, and Survival)
    • Final Closing Ceremony May 7-11, go to unlock the ability to buy a gold medal pin for the class that won from Bungie Rewards

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I was having fun with an Ashen Wake build on my titan in IB, and then suddenly the perk just stopped returning grenade energy? And now it only seems to proc like every 1/3rd time I get a kill with a grenade? It's a very fun exotic until inexplicably it just stopped working. I thought it was because I swapped legs to one with less grenade stat, since I dropped off 100 disc. Went back up to 100 and nada, still busted. It's a shame I was having fun on a non stasis class but since the exotic relies so heavily on getting that grenade back, it not working destroys the setup and work you put in to make it work.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    I was having fun with an Ashen Wake build on my titan in IB, and then suddenly the perk just stopped returning grenade energy? And now it only seems to proc like every 1/3rd time I get a kill with a grenade? It's a very fun exotic until inexplicably it just stopped working. I thought it was because I swapped legs to one with less grenade stat, since I dropped off 100 disc. Went back up to 100 and nada, still busted. It's a shame I was having fun on a non stasis class but since the exotic relies so heavily on getting that grenade back, it not working destroys the setup and work you put in to make it work.

It's a bunch of fun in PvE too.

• Options
    Trials this weekend:

Map: Cauldron
    3 Win: Igneous Hammer
    5 Win: Class Item
    7 Win: Fusion
    Flawless: Adept Igneous Hammer