As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

1939495969799»

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The subsistence change is also a great one.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I mean no one thought they were adding all of Venus, right?

No, but even so, it would have been nifty to load in and see another team doing it already and helping. That was part of the charm of the original.
    You can't be sure that you weren't helped by guardians outside your fireteam who were later erased from the timeline.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50287
    Note that we have seen plenty of suggestions to move some or all LFRs out of the Heavy slot, but this is a substantial amount of work and a balance risk for PvP, due to the difficulty of balancing Sniper Rifles (as instant-shot weapons) against LFRs (with charge time), with wildly varying flinch and aim assist values

A good point Bungie.

Welp, guess we'll just have to get rid of sniper rifles then. A tragedy to be sure.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Some LFR are beastly, not sure I want all LFR becoming Special ammo

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Let Komodo shine! Release Queenbreaker's Bow!

Did Komodo get sunset or nah?

Did Komodo get sunset or nah?

Yup. Poor bastard never even got a chance.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

No, but even so, it would have been nifty to load in and see another team doing it already and helping. That was part of the charm of the original.
    You can't be sure that you weren't helped by guardians outside your fireteam who were later erased from the timeline.

they say that 12 players queued into the Vault of Glass

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »

they say that 12 players queued into the Vault of Glass

... picked off 1 by 1

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    What are you guys talking about, Vault has always been a 3-person raid, as a precursor to the 6-people ones.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Yep, 3-person raid. 8-)
    SpHprdb.png

edited April 2021
    Damn that Mida buff is no joke

Also annoyed they're gonna nerf DMT but atleast I get one more season of broken goodness out of it

Local H Jay on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Damn that Mida buff is no joke

Also annoyed they're gonna nerf DMT but atleast I get one more season of broken goodness out of it
    Hearing about the DMT has honestly had me thinking about reinstalling. But having a hipfire scout, and being the only one using it because it just got nerfed? Well then I'll have to get back in.

They'll probably give the hipfire mode closer to TLW range because as is now, it's ranging out the mid range hard lmao

I've gotta say, I really hate how the middle tree Arc Hunter super block does not block Stasis freezes. It feels so utterly garbage. I just died mid-block to a Coldsnap grenade. An entire super shut down in seconds by a single grenade is a bit much for me, had to set the controller down and go do something else

You shouldn't be able to freeze any super. As it is, cold snap is infinitely better than titan suppressor nades. Why do suppressor nades even exist at this point?

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    You shouldn't be able to freeze any super. As it is, cold snap is infinitely better than titan suppressor nades. Why do suppressor nades even exist at this point?

Mostly agree. Supers with freezes (Warlock, Titan, Hunter) should be able to freeze other Supers...but that's it.

Although I do like freezing supers and killing them, I'd sacrifice.....

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    It's hard to say, I don't think freeze as a mechanic is awful per se, but it definitely feels awful to finally get a super and then immediately get killed by a freeze. I was experimenting with light classes a lot this past week and it just made me furious how bad they are compared. Stasis hunters and titans gave crazy mobility over their other classes, and don't even get me started on Bakris. Bakris either needs a range nerf or a longer cooldown, or maybe just make it so you can't run the dodge-slow Aspect with it..

edited April 2021
    Eh, I'm still not thrilled with the idea of stasis supers being able to freeze other supers.

It basically means I can't use my light-based super to 'trade' with someone else's stasis super, which I think I should be a viable choice for most scenarios. Obviously I'm not talking about high end competitive. I'm talking about trash tier plebs like myself, where as it stands stasis supers just fucking rock still and seem the clear choice, outside of stuff like chaos reach, dawnblade, maybe some falling star.

The idea of supers wailing on each other with damage makes sense. The idea of one of the supers in the scenario just turning off the other feels bad.

OpposingFarce on
    It's hard to say, I don't think freeze as a mechanic is awful per se, but it definitely feels awful to finally get a super and then immediately get killed by a freeze. I was experimenting with light classes a lot this past week and it just made me furious how bad they are compared. Stasis hunters and titans gave crazy mobility over their other classes, and don't even get me started on Bakris. Bakris either needs a range nerf or a longer cooldown, or maybe just make it so you can't run the dodge-slow Aspect with it..

Bakris is complete and utter horseshit and as soon as I saw it I went "Ohhh NOOOOOooo".

Yet another thing that was tossed onto the "We'll balance after it comes out...maybe!" for Beyond Light.
    Eh, I'm still not thrilled with the idea of stasis supers being able to freeze other supers.

It basically means I can't use my light-based super to 'trade' with someone else's stasis super, which I think I should be a viable choice for most scenarios. Obviously I'm not talking about high end competitive. I'm talking about trash tier plebs like myself, where as it stands stasis supers just fucking rock still and seem the clear choice, outside of stuff like chaos reach, dawnblade, maybe some falling star.

The idea of supers wailing on each other with damage makes sense. The idea of one of the supers in the scenario just turning off the other feels bad.
    I agree with you, but I'll throw this odd one out. Bottom tree Sunbreaker, for Titan? I think that super is way better than Behemoth super.

Definitely, there needs to be levels of freeze. At most, hitting someone in super with a "freeze" should slow them down. Roaming supers fair poorly against them. Maybe they should have to nail them twice to get a freeze? Idk. Something's gotta give eventually though, because in Trials I pretty much only use Stasis.

I wonder if maybe a way to make it feel less awful is, via some combination of retaining damage resistance or increasing it or something, being frozen in your super should make you harder to kill then you currently are. So like, you can freeze the super but they are probably gonna survive what you throw at them while they are frozen unless your team is really focus firing. And you could still let the stasis supers do their thing against other supers. But anything else is gonna be tough.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Turns out, if you stop playing Destiny for a few weeks, you get bad at Crucible. I was rushing medals to get the Heir Apparent catalyst and I played the worst Crucible of like the past few years. None of my standbys felt good, and the controller felt off and I went ridiculously negative each game.

So yeah, gonna need to retrain if there is any compelling PVP content (hahahahahahah).

Bakris should be shot into the sun.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    DMT nerf makes me sad but it will be warranted, you can compete with snipers by hip firing and that is silly.

Stasis needs significantly more work in PvP, sad to see Bungie didn't have more changes ready to go. As-is, it feels like there are only a tiny handful of non-stasis trees you can use in PvP.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Stasis needs significantly more work in PvP, sad to see Bungie didn't have more changes ready to go. As-is, it feels like there are only a tiny handful of non-stasis trees you can use in PvP.
    Agreed, and that's why this quote made me laugh.
    Bungie wrote:
    Note that we have seen plenty of suggestions to move some or all LFRs out of the Heavy slot, but this is a substantial amount of work and a balance risk for PvP, due to the difficulty of balancing Sniper Rifles (as instant-shot weapons) against LFRs (with charge time), with wildly varying flinch and aim assist values

That's a lot of work, Potato, and we don't do that.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G