As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Watch Posts, Paladins, and Mages fearing the inevitable nerf hammer.

14648505152

Posts

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I played rattlegore exactly once vs a control warlock and they happened to be the exact one control warlock who missed the forged in the barrens memo and still had Silas in their deck

    ShadowhopeThe Escape Goatforty
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

    Balance changes to go out early next week with 20.0.2. We'll be targeting some cards in Mage, Paladin, Rogue, and Neutral. Hoping to create more space for experimentation in the early Barrens meta and have a more diverse field of classes. 6 changes in total, details coming soon.
    "Neutral"

    Pen Flinger's time?

    Boy, I hope so. I am unbelievably tired of that card.

    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

    Balance changes to go out early next week with 20.0.2. We'll be targeting some cards in Mage, Paladin, Rogue, and Neutral. Hoping to create more space for experimentation in the early Barrens meta and have a more diverse field of classes. 6 changes in total, details coming soon.
    "Neutral"

    Pen Flinger's time?

    Boy, I hope so. I am unbelievably tired of that card.
    Hey loser!
    Wasn’t me!
    Hey loser!
    Wasn’t mee!
    Hey loser!
    Wasn’t meee!
    Hey loser!
    Wasn’t meeee!
    Hey loser!
    Wasn’t meeeee!
    Hey loser!
    Wasn’t meeeeee!
    Hey loser!
    By the holy light! Well played.

    Stay at home every morning from the health department warning, take the 8:15 in to the kitchen
    GoodKingJayIIIMNC DoverkimeemnmnmeThe Judge3clips3KoopahTroopahElvenshaerahkeesh2000Apogee
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Pre warning that my macbook is in for repair so I’m not able to make changes to the tool til it comes back.

    Hopefully not too long, but probably not going to have it ready for the nerfs straight away.

    PSN: Holy-Promethium | Hearthstone: Muffinatron#2495 (EU)
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    looks like all the rogues have adopted wandmaker penflinger poison spam weapon aggro, super polarised since they destroy mages but can't deal with libram of hope at all

    Elvenshae
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    looks like all the rogues have adopted wandmaker penflinger poison spam weapon aggro, super polarised since they destroy mages but can't deal with libram of hope at all

    I took the weapon package and put in a bunch of secrets and hanar. Works against mages, seems like Paladin is a better matchup, and no one else knows what to do against it.

    I wonder if we’ll see some serious weapon hate after the nerfs. Rogue running around with 9/infinity weapons is pretty crazy

    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This is some hivemind stuff right here. I was about to post how I started running Hanar/Secrets in my midrange rogue deck and was having good success with it yesterday

    GoodKingJayIII
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    actually climbing with control lock ft. shadow hunter vol'jin + alex

    vol'jin disrupts combo and alex is that last 8 burn/heal needed to stabilize

  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    VS #192

    To no one's surprise, Paladin and Mage are good.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    forty
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I just got double blood herald from jandice

    Holy shit what are the odds of the absolute lowest roll imaginable

    DodgeBlanforty
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 8
    I really like this midrange rogue deck I've got going and I'm doing it without pen flingers on principle.

    This game in particular cracked me up, poor dude couldn't escape the meta even when it places him against a non-meta deck: http://replays.firestoneapp.com/?reviewId=946bc10c-dbb5-4550-a9b1-1e1f45d7cd4d&turn=0&action=0

    ObiFett on
    GoodKingJayIII
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Patch Notes:

    -Pen Flinger from 1/1 to 1/2. Dev comment: We love the place Pen Flinger is at and the types of deck building it creates. But we've noticed that leaving it on the board undefended often gets it killed. Therefore, we're buffing it's health by one in order to help it survive to the next turn.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    KoopahTroopahThe JudgeBeastehElvenshaeShadowhopeApogee
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    "Also we're removing the two card cap, but only for Pen Flinger."

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah
    Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
    MNC DoverThe JudgeBeasteh3clips3GoodKingJayIII
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 8
    Heyheyheyheyeyeyyyyyyyy loserloseroserserserrrrrrr wasn't mewasn't measn'tmesnt'tmemememeeeeeee

    Beasteh on
    Elvenshaeemnmnme
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    grandmaster zalae has been banned indefinitely as allegations of abuse and manipulation from his exes have surfaced

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Aw, dang

    NREqxl5.jpg
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
    kimeThe Escape GoatKoopahTroopah
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 8
    his ex made a twitlonger, won't post it here, you can find it easily if you search for it

    he's one of the OG hearthstone streamers who i have never liked because there was always something off with him like genuinely negative/unpleasant

    Beasteh on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I didn’t follow him closely but I liked some of his deck building vids; he was good at explaining tradeoffs and such

    I dunno, he seemed like a decent guy to me I guess,

    NREqxl5.jpg
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
    forty
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It's probably not coincidental that both Zalae and his best friend Purple ended up banned for sexual miscondunct.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Beasteh3clips3MNC DoverDibbysanstodoKoopahTroopah
  • 3clips33clips3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Firebat used to have Zalae on his stream all the time and hasn't in ages and I kind of wonder if Firebat heard about some of this and purposefully distanced himself.

    The Escape GoatDibbysanstodoShadowhope
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    You can watch his stream from the day, going from Plat 5 to Legend.

    (jump to 5:00.00 to see the start of the climb, which took just over 4 hours)

    Now it's possible the day 1 stuff doesn't work anymore because the meta has shifted, but you might still be able to pick up some tips from his gameplay.
    Thanks. I'll take a look.

    I noticed he's playing a different version of the deck than the one posted here. Seems to have Sightless Watchers in place of the Wandmakers. Does he switch up the deck at some point?

    Lol, well, his first mage game starts at about 5:10 and involves him misplaying and getting destroyed (ironically he also did a lot of trading here). Off to a good start here for the almighty Kibler.

    Looks like Mage 2 shows up at 5:53 and now he's playing Wandmakers (but also Il'ynoth?). He got a very good start, early minion curve into Felscreamer/Inquisitor (but the mage also had the nuts), and he died again.

    One hour in and he has the same record against mage with Inquisitor DH as I do! :cool:
    Watched a bit more tonight. Mage #3 shows up at 6:33 and he loses to it, misplaying again (not as blatantly as the first time though).
    At the 8 hour mark now and he is 2-4 against Mages (and has misplayed in most of the games). I'm thinking we just got bamboozled by this deck.

    Also seems worth noting how relatively fewer Mages there were in this day 1 meta, and most of them seemed seemed to be playing C'Thun, which I'm not sure is optimal.
    8:30 and he just lost to another Mage. 2-5 now. Elvenshae and I were duped!

    I think at the end he said he went 50/50 against Mages. Regardless, it was day 1 and nothing had really stuck yet. Probably best to stop watching, unless you find it entertaining.
    I was able to confirm what I needed to from that video, so thank you once again. :)

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
    Elvenshae
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    VS #192

    To no one's surprise, Paladin and Mage are good.
    Looks 100% like I expected based on my anecdotal experience since last weekend. Paladin technically the strongest, but Mage by far the most played, with Rogue hanging on in third. Everything else is relatively unplayed.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
    Elvenshae
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    You can watch his stream from the day, going from Plat 5 to Legend.

    (jump to 5:00.00 to see the start of the climb, which took just over 4 hours)

    Now it's possible the day 1 stuff doesn't work anymore because the meta has shifted, but you might still be able to pick up some tips from his gameplay.
    Thanks. I'll take a look.

    I noticed he's playing a different version of the deck than the one posted here. Seems to have Sightless Watchers in place of the Wandmakers. Does he switch up the deck at some point?

    Lol, well, his first mage game starts at about 5:10 and involves him misplaying and getting destroyed (ironically he also did a lot of trading here). Off to a good start here for the almighty Kibler.

    Looks like Mage 2 shows up at 5:53 and now he's playing Wandmakers (but also Il'ynoth?). He got a very good start, early minion curve into Felscreamer/Inquisitor (but the mage also had the nuts), and he died again.

    One hour in and he has the same record against mage with Inquisitor DH as I do! :cool:
    Watched a bit more tonight. Mage #3 shows up at 6:33 and he loses to it, misplaying again (not as blatantly as the first time though).
    At the 8 hour mark now and he is 2-4 against Mages (and has misplayed in most of the games). I'm thinking we just got bamboozled by this deck.

    Also seems worth noting how relatively fewer Mages there were in this day 1 meta, and most of them seemed seemed to be playing C'Thun, which I'm not sure is optimal.
    8:30 and he just lost to another Mage. 2-5 now. Elvenshae and I were duped!

    I think at the end he said he went 50/50 against Mages. Regardless, it was day 1 and nothing had really stuck yet. Probably best to stop watching, unless you find it entertaining.
    I was able to confirm what I needed to from that video, so thank you once again. :)

    VS weighed in on it too:
    The only niche that Demon Hunter currently occupies is trying to punch Mage in the face, but what if we told you that it doesn’t even do that well? There were several decks popping up with claims of answering the Mage lunatics on ladder, and yet every single one of these builds has proven to be statistically unfavored in the matchup. It’s not enough to equip a weapon and hit them in the face; you need to do it very quickly or you will be outpaced.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    fortyElvenshae
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    You can watch his stream from the day, going from Plat 5 to Legend.

    (jump to 5:00.00 to see the start of the climb, which took just over 4 hours)

    Now it's possible the day 1 stuff doesn't work anymore because the meta has shifted, but you might still be able to pick up some tips from his gameplay.
    Thanks. I'll take a look.

    I noticed he's playing a different version of the deck than the one posted here. Seems to have Sightless Watchers in place of the Wandmakers. Does he switch up the deck at some point?

    Lol, well, his first mage game starts at about 5:10 and involves him misplaying and getting destroyed (ironically he also did a lot of trading here). Off to a good start here for the almighty Kibler.

    Looks like Mage 2 shows up at 5:53 and now he's playing Wandmakers (but also Il'ynoth?). He got a very good start, early minion curve into Felscreamer/Inquisitor (but the mage also had the nuts), and he died again.

    One hour in and he has the same record against mage with Inquisitor DH as I do! :cool:
    Watched a bit more tonight. Mage #3 shows up at 6:33 and he loses to it, misplaying again (not as blatantly as the first time though).
    At the 8 hour mark now and he is 2-4 against Mages (and has misplayed in most of the games). I'm thinking we just got bamboozled by this deck.

    Also seems worth noting how relatively fewer Mages there were in this day 1 meta, and most of them seemed seemed to be playing C'Thun, which I'm not sure is optimal.
    8:30 and he just lost to another Mage. 2-5 now. Elvenshae and I were duped!

    I think at the end he said he went 50/50 against Mages. Regardless, it was day 1 and nothing had really stuck yet. Probably best to stop watching, unless you find it entertaining.
    I was able to confirm what I needed to from that video, so thank you once again. :)

    VS weighed in on it too:
    The only niche that Demon Hunter currently occupies is trying to punch Mage in the face, but what if we told you that it doesn’t even do that well? There were several decks popping up with claims of answering the Mage lunatics on ladder, and yet every single one of these builds has proven to be statistically unfavored in the matchup. It’s not enough to equip a weapon and hit them in the face; you need to do it very quickly or you will be outpaced.
    That's awesome. I don't have time yet to go through the whole report, so thank you for pointing out that gem.

    It always feels good when it's proven that "no, it's the children who are wrong" for real.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    3clips3 wrote: »
    Firebat used to have Zalae on his stream all the time and hasn't in ages and I kind of wonder if Firebat heard about some of this and purposefully distanced himself.

    The allegations were made about 2-3 months ago, it looks like the editor that both of them used stopped working with him around that time. So yeah, firebat is likely distancing himself.

    There is a journalist that said they went to blizzard with more info/people willing to speak out against Zalae, which seems to have triggered the ban from GM.

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Picked Paladin for the Brawl and it was a one and done. Played against a Druid who had about as good of an opener as possible for what seems to be a taunt Druid deck. Didn't matter, won anyway.

    Just played my first ever game of Libram + Secret Paladin tonight. Didn't draw a sword. Didn't matter, won anyway. I might try to grind out most of my dad legend climb this weekend (barely into Silver right now) before Paladin gets the nerf bat on Tuesday.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
  • WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    I played Paladin in Brawl, and got a medic deck, which was actually kinda fun.

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    oke5tvfm5emb.png

    GJ Blizz

    fortyThe JudgeElvenshaeMNC DoverDibbyYilias3clips3emnmnmekimeShadowhopeThe Escape GoatKoopahTroopah
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    oke5tvfm5emb.png

    GJ Blizz

    I'm so fucking glad i stopped playing constructed

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    KoopahTroopah
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    oke5tvfm5emb.png

    GJ Blizz

    I'm so fucking glad i stopped playing constructed

    I’m so glad I stopped playing Hearthstone.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    kimeThe Escape GoatKoopahTroopahübergeekDibby
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    YOU MOTHE....

    To make up for my outburst i'll post this nice Controll Warrior instead. It gave some nice winstreaks versus Paladin, Mage and Rogues.


    ### ConTROLolol
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (1) Stage Dive
    # 2x (1) Sword and Board
    # 1x (2) Armorsmith
    # 2x (2) Far Watch Post
    # 2x (3) Bladestorm
    # 1x (3) Lord Barov
    # 1x (3) Rokara
    # 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
    # 1x (4) Outrider's Axe
    # 2x (4) Rancor
    # 2x (4) Sword Eater
    # 2x (4) Whirling Combatant
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 1x (5) Cutting Class
    # 2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman
    # 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
    # 1x (7) Overlord Saurfang
    # 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
    # 1x (9) Rattlegore
    # 1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer
    # 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
    #
    AAECAaCrBAy+uQOT0AOr1AP31AO/4AOO7QOV7QOq7gOoigSwigS0igSHoAQJuLkD9sIDtd4Dwd4D9+gDj+0Dlu0D1fEDiKAEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

    After reading the VS I'm actually surprised this deck doesn't get a mention. It's feels very good at the top 3 played decks and it got me to diamond in just a few days.

    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
    ElvenshaeShadowhopeBeasteh
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    That deck is ridiculously expensive.

    forty
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    If it helps, Rokara isn't really needed, and some of the Legendaries are freebies nowadays, but yeah, it's wallet warrior all over again.

    Does the job, though.

    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    I wish I had recorded this play.

    So it's my homebrew demonlock vs. spell mage. The mage was doing their usual mage bullshit and drawing all their cards and removing all of my minions and about to burst me down at any moment. Here's the scene. It's my turn. I have 6 life, the mage as 4. They had just fireballed me the prior turn after drawing a whole bunch of cards which mean's I'm probably dead. There are three cards left in their deck. Any number of them is death.

    Well. In my hand for about 4 turns is a corrupted Tickatus and a Hellfire. I drop Tickatus and hurl the Hellfire. Pass turn. Mage dies to fatigue. Bye-bye, Jaina.

    Holy shit it felt good.

    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
    ObiFettElvenshaeemnmnmeGMaster7
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    WowHobbs will always be my favorite Heathstone streamer. Sure, he's not the best player, but damn if his decks aren't hilarious to watch in action. Here we have 3 games of him totally trolling Mages by milling them, taking their cards, and double Cross Roads Watchposting his minions out of damage ranges.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Alphagaiaübergeek
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    oke5tvfm5emb.png

    GJ Blizz

    I'm so fucking glad i stopped playing constructed
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    oke5tvfm5emb.png

    GJ Blizz

    I'm so fucking glad i stopped playing constructed

    I’m so glad I stopped playing Hearthstone.

    i'm trying to combine a joke about Hotel California with Archmage Vargoth, but i know y'all didn't play wow, so the fact that Archmage Vargoth's questline is just a prolonged reference to Hotel California is going to do absolutely nothing for you. this is the hell i'm in.

    liEt3nH.png
    GoodKingJayIIIElvenshaeThe Escape GoatMNC DoverDibbyKoopahTroopah
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    FREED FROM THAT BLASTED TOWER

    BEHOLD

    BEHOLD

    BEHOLD

    GoodKingJayIIIMNC DoverShadowhope3clips3DibbyKoopahTroopah
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The hardest part of leaving Hotel California Hearthstone is letting go of the "investment" trap player's put themselves into when it comes to their card collection. You have to put in lots of time or money in order to collect all these cards, so giving it all up feels more painful. It certainly was the hardest part for me.

    But I'm glad I did make a clean break and put Hearthstone behind me. It had it's times of fun, but ultimately became more of a chore in order to not spend money. And you had to stay on the grind hard or fall behind on collecting what you needed to make most decks. That's part of the reason why LoR literally giving away all the cards for free was so appealing to me, and why I know that I won't be near as troubled to let it go.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    BeastehDibby
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the hard part of leaving hearthstone for me was coming to terms with the fact that all cards game are in fact bad, and that I needed to forcibly extricate myself from the genre entirely

    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    fortyrahkeesh2000kimeMNC DoverDibbyKoopahTroopah
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah but what if they open private servers for duelyst

    liEt3nH.png
Sign In or Register to comment.