As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    @MNC Dover Please agree the above so we can get the recursion going ^

Now to make sure no one else Agrees or Awesomes and we're good.

proud of y'alls, brings a tear to my eye

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Yilias wrote: »
    Yep, that was the key. Once I stopped letting Priests waste my time the whole process went a lot smoother.

I played DRDH to D2, then swapped to Face Hunter because it seemed like the same deck but better.
    Not that it really matters since we play two different versions of the game, but which deck list did you use? Because VS's is just dog food for most of my opponents.

forty on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I used the VS list :D.

I'm D2 in Classic but I'm not sure I have enough time left to finish that climb. I'll be busy most of today so I'll have to grind Mon-Wed after work and that'll be a bit dodgy.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I've kind of uh. Quit Hearthstone

Never even got into the wailing caverns set because TBC Classic came out and the last several weeks have been a blur

• Options
    Battlegrounds only I'm telling you

That's The Way

No keeping up with collection bullshit, literally no need to spend money, you'll make an easy 2k gold from the reward track by the time the next reset hits, and it's like, fun? Like I don't even give a fuck about my MMR anymore, I'm playing wacky shitty off-meta Heroes and having a blast.

I think I stopped playing Constructed like 2 expacs ago or something but yeah.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yiliases of Earth, lend me your luck!

• Options
    Oh and this Brawl sucks too.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Yiliases of Earth, lend me your luck!
    It worked! Yilias stopped hogging all his luck for the month!

My last few Face Hunter attempts, including the start of tonight's push were a brutal, slow slog to D10 winning like 1/3 of my games or less, only eventually getting there thanks to star bonus. Hard counter opponents, nut drawing opponents, useless hands for me, everything was conspiring to keep me down. But then soon after hitting D10, Yilias's luck energy hit me, and I was able to drop a luck bomb on my opponents, win streaking like crazy up to D6, when I ran into a Control Warrior as my first final boss, which is one of the worst matchups for Face Hunter, and one I've never been lucky enough to win.

However, that Control Warrior was no match for the might of my luck bomb, and I continued my streak into dad legend.

• Options
    IpPcY6C.png

Been chasing Cheevos as of late and I finally got a 1st place with Ol' Shudds.

With the most unorthodox comp I've ever used.

BUT HEY.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I got a first with Millicent and only bought 3 mechs the entire game (3 x micromummy).

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I got a first with Millicent and only bought 3 mechs the entire game (3 x micromummy).

Millificent's Hero Power is literally just a small early game edge that matters very little beyond the first couple turns.

After that you just transition into whatever good comp you can get. That's what I've learned, anyway.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yeah, Millificent is just about taking mechs offered to you when their stat bonus from her power makes them better than your other tavern choices. Trying to force a mech comp on her seldom works out.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I've played with her as a mech hero previously, but even when I don't have to force it, it doesn't work out because mechs just aren't any good.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    You generally have to highroll pretty hard to win with mechs (or, equivalently, your opponents have to lowroll), and you have to hope people get knocked out fast enough before someone gets a big scaling end game build going. Or sometimes you get lucky and you end up with something like George doing a divine shield poison build that takes out the dragon/elemental players and then you beat him because mechs do OK against that comp.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Mech’s big strength is that they come online very early vs pretty much everything else, and can be carried all the way through to the endgame with just 2-3 units (1-2 deflecto’s + reset) while running other comps alongside.

Like never go full mechs unless you have multiple golden eggs with a baron or something. Just make a big deflecto, module your reset, and try to grab big menagerie minions.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The next expansion is United in Stormwind

https://youtu.be/E0OfUJcBW_0

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    New mechanic: Tradeable

Cards with Tradeable can be moved onto your deck. If you do, pay 1 mana, return it to the deck, and draw a new card.

cycling in hearthstone team

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    New mechanic: Questline

A Quest card added to your hand at the start of the game, like Quests. Has multiple steps, with two mild rewards for step 1 and 2, and a legendary minion at the end.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I see zero ways that Tradeable can go wrong, good job everyone, you can all go home early.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    v4kyd5gct6go.png

Hope you battlegrounds players are ready to be marketed to

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh no.

• Options
    dhfnu941lnf1.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So that's how they make Odd Mage playable, they let you play Priest cards.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    So we're getting an expac announcement before we're getting the supposed Mercenaries mode that was supposed to be part of this expac.

Wowza.

v4kyd5gct6go.png

Hope you battlegrounds players are ready to be marketed to

"We made Battlegrounds TOO ACCESSIBLE and TOO FREE, how to we GET THEM TO WHALE OUT"

"alternate fucking hero portraits people go apeshit bananas for that shit"

"brilliant we'll sell them as individual purchases so we can make even more money"

Except they tied all of that to buying the Constructed prepurchase so??? Wow good job on that should've just used my idea dumbdumbs (but don't actually)

Keep your cosmetic bullshit I'mma just keep playing Battlegrounds until somehow y'all manage to screw that up beyond repair and then I'm outtttt

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    So we're getting an expac announcement before we're getting the supposed Mercenaries mode that was supposed to be part of this expac.

Wowza.

i mean it was also originally supposed to come out last year not this one

it's clearly a bigger beast to chew than they planned

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Do we actually know anything about Mercenaries beyond the name?

• Options

It's their own take on Slay the Spire-like gameplay except there's no actual deckbuilding apparently which makes me question what the fuck the gameplay even is and how it would be fun without the core concept of building a deck as you go through your run.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I'm surprised they're struggling then. StS-like is basically a genre at this point, and a pretty popular one with indie devs.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm not sure Team 5 has ever gotten substantially bigger, despite Hearthstone getting ever bigger.

• Options
    I'm surprised they're struggling then. StS-like is basically a genre at this point, and a pretty popular one with indie devs.

Monster Train was a pretty cool take on it, that game's rad. And now there's Griftlands too and buncha other stuff.

And hell, this was supposed to be them building off of Dungeon Run, which is like already a thing?? Hmm

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    frankly i'm expecting dibby to go "holy shit i love this no wonder it took so long it's so good" when it comes out anyway

regardless of its actual quality B)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    frankly i'm expecting dibby to go "holy shit i love this no wonder it took so long it's so good" when it comes out anyway

regardless of its actual quality B)

I mean I'm gonna try it but I'm not expecting much!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, song trailers are back.

Good.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    I posted a couple of purported leaked screenshots of it a while back, but without context they were very confusing and gave little hint to what the mode might play like.

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I'm not sure Team 5 has ever gotten substantially bigger, despite Hearthstone getting ever bigger.
    Team 5 (also known as Blizzard Team 5) is the Blizzard Entertainment development team responsible for Hearthstone. Beginning as a "small and nimble" team of 15 members for much of the game's original development, the team has since grown to more than 70 members.

• Options
    I stand corrected!

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Apparently Darkmoon Tickets are back for 1/4 of BG games.

z5u5gaifwm871.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8ef0cbb56ea027411ffb1b86daabc78d5bc5e596

And you get this guy for logging in.

forty on
  • Options
    Darkmoon prizes have been rebalanced too.

Seems better? Stuff like Banner of Stormwind is now 3 random minions instead of all your minions, for example. And the weaker ones were made stronger.

It's a nice mix-up every few games, I think I like it as a 25% chance rather than "every game".

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That flightpath dude is 'pick how long you want to be Dormant'

1 turn, 2/2 Adventurer (one from the list)

3 turns, 10 health restored to your hero

5 turns, split 12 over your enemies

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I just broke 6k MMR in bg’s, how does that stack up against the player base since the last reset?