As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I'm puzzled by the new Mage cards. Big Spells? Without Pyroblast, there are no big spells to cast to hurt the enemy player.

EDIT: Reddit is already on the case.
    xmnshpzp66x71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=dcdc860bfd42b6a1ecd9ddc01ac39d965d9327fa

emnmnme on
  • Options
    You play a Clumsy Courier to cast Mask of C'thun. Then on Turn 8 you summon a Grey Sage Parrot - are you getting another Mask of C'thun? You didn't cast the Mask, the Courier did.

820zq2mrw8wq.png

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    going to take what may be a controversial stance here and say that mr smite isn't a balance problem

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I don't think he should give himself Charge, but we'll know pretty soon whether or not its actually busted once the various trackers have time to see its played winrate in decks that run no other pirates and just use him as a neutral fireball.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    if your fear is neutral fireball he's genuinely dogshit at that at 6 mana

he's a slightly better reckless rocketeer and that is NOT a good thing

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I kind of hope they slow walk the Jerry Rig bugfix. It's not that difficult to handle and it gives us a more diverse format.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    if your fear is neutral fireball he's genuinely dogshit at that at 6 mana

he's a slightly better reckless rocketeer and that is NOT a good thing

I mean, yeah this exact reason leeroy got rotated out, giving non-burst/burn classes the ability to easily deal damage like that from hand is something that should be watched closely.

It’s also why I said I would wait and see what actual numbers looked like. If it’s not enough reach to matter, then no big deal. But if it turns out that’s allowing classes like Druid and warlock to pull off wins that they shouldn’t have, or much earlier than they otherwise would, I would say that’s a problem.

• Options
    oh don't worry all those decks can already kill you turn 6

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, is Deathrattle Hunter a thing? I just got demolished by one.

• Options
    VS Podcast called it "tier 12".

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I kind of wondered. I am ranked #1 in the world for running into highrolling opponents, though, so maybe it was just hitting its nut draws and the other 9 games out of 10 it doesn't do that well. Or maybe it's just good against Deathrattle DH.

forty on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Patch out early next week with the following changes:

Razormane Battleguard
    Old: 2 Attack, 3 Health → New: 2 Attack, 2 Health

Arcanist Dawngrasp (Mage Questline final reward)
    Old: Battlecry: For the rest of the game, you have Spell Damage +3. → New: For the rest of the game, you have Spell Damage +2.

Garrote
    Old: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero. Shuffle 3 Bleeds into your deck that deal 2 more when drawn. → New: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero. Shuffle 2 Bleeds into your deck that deal 2 more when drawn.

Renew
    Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 1]

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Wow, RIP carrot Rogue (probably).

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Patch out early next week with the following changes:

Razormane Battleguard
    Old: 2 Attack, 3 Health → New: 2 Attack, 2 Health

Arcanist Dawngrasp (Mage Questline final reward)
    Old: Battlecry: For the rest of the game, you have Spell Damage +3. → New: For the rest of the game, you have Spell Damage +2.

Garrote
    Old: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero. Shuffle 3 Bleeds into your deck that deal 2 more when drawn. → New: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero. Shuffle 2 Bleeds into your deck that deal 2 more when drawn.

Renew
    Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 1]

Mage isnt really even a problem anymore. So odd they didnt even touch Pirate Warrior. And the loss of a single health to Battleguard is going to do nothing except possibly swing the matchup in Pirate Warrior's favor...

• Options
    Isn’t mage play rate still pretty high, despite the win rate not being stellar? Plus, future set constraints are probably rearing their heads now.

• Options
    I got 5 Mercenaries packs for logging in? Was there some sort of event? Is this a "sorry Mercenaries sucks" mea culpa like when they screwed up the rewards track?

• Options
    https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23743654/mercenaries-what-s-next
    We’re grateful for the millions of you who are playing Mercenaries. So far, you’ve totaled over one billion minutes of combat time and over 100 million combined Bounties (and that number’s excluding Heroic Air Elemental). As a big “thank you” to everyone for embracing this mode and making it so popular, we’re giving everyone 5 free Mercenaries packs! If you played Mercenaries in the 21.4 patch cycle, we’ll drop your appreciation gift into your collection on November 9. (If you’re a new player, it’s not too late to join in the fun! Complete the Mercenaries tutorial and introductory missions for a total of 8 free Mercenaries packs to start your journey now.)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    I kind of wondered. I am ranked #1 in the world for running into highrolling opponents, though, so maybe it was just hitting its nut draws and the other 9 games out of 10 it doesn't do that well. Or maybe it's just good against Deathrattle DH.
    Like do I just play against everyone on their luckiest day? 4 4/4s and a 1/7 on turn 4 seems like a pretty strong board.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So odd they didn't even touch Pirate Warrior.

One deck has to stand out above the rest so enthusiasts will spend money to complete it. That's why I'm fighting 3 or 4 Pirate Warriors in a row at Platinum.

• Options
    I thought I'd be running into a lot more Pirate Warriors after the mini-set hit, but so far I really haven't.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    How did anyone on Team 5 think that this Brawl would be fun and interesting in the slightest

It's not even a good way to clear dailies!!!

I cleared the mana one because of it so that was a positive outcome of it

• Options
    edited November 2021
    ronzo wrote: »
    Isn’t mage play rate still pretty high, despite the win rate not being stellar? Plus, future set constraints are probably rearing their heads now.

Here's what I'm seeing at Diamond after nearly 100 games:

m0j7ftr2mrtn.png

30% - Warrior
    ~13% - Druid/Paladin
    ~7% - Mage/Rogue/Shaman/Hunter/DH/Priest
    <1% - Warlock

Mage isn't played all that much. So fucking sick of Warrior

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Every Warrior is a Quest Warrior so you know the quest is OP but, on the flip side, it's been so long since I've faced a Quest Paladin, I've forgotten what the quest's reward is.

• Options
    Broadly speaking the statistics are in agreement that even if it's not necessarily the best deck (and some have suggested the data may not even make it tier 1), Warrior is by a mile the most popular class

It's predominantly Pirate but Big Warrior has great winrate stats too

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Broadly speaking the statistics are in agreement that even if it's not necessarily the best deck (and some have suggested the data may not even make it tier 1), Warrior is by a mile the most popular class

It's predominantly Pirate but Big Warrior has great winrate stats too

I see one Big Warrior for every 10 or so Pirates

• Options
    There are quite a few variations within Questline warrior as well. There's the more full aggro/face types, the hybrid ones with stuff like Rancor and Barov that help them hedge a bit more against opponents that out-board them, and then the full on Control style with all the annoying stall shit like Bulwark and Brawl.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

Here's what I'm seeing at Diamond after nearly 100 games:

m0j7ftr2mrtn.png

30% - Warrior
    ~13% - Druid/Paladin
    ~7% - Mage/Rogue/Shaman/Hunter/DH/Priest
    <1% - Warlock

Mage isn't played all that much. So fucking sick of Warrior
    That's crazy how few Warlocks you've run into. The class is in OK shape right now, certainly better than Priest. I guess that's just the nature of (relatively) small sample sizes, but geez. If I only played against 1 Warlock in 100+ games I would be astonished.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    I've had absolutely awful, abysmal luck this season, so I've been languishing in Plat until I finally put together a few wins to jump to Diamond today. But in Plat ranks I was overwhelmingly playing against Quest Mage, which just destroys every minion based deck I tried. Outside of the army of mages was a lot of Quest Lock and both flavors of Druid (aggro taunt and ramp). Quest Warrior and Hunters are around, but not plentiful. Paladin and Shaman are rare, and Priest and Rogue are nowhere to be seen.

I know that based on the data Quest Warrior is supposedly quite powerful, but it feels so insanely awful to me. You have to play a *lot* of subpar minions in your deck to get rewards that just aren't very good in this meta, and the Juggernaut is typically a much slower win condition than what mage, hunter, and warlock are pulling off once their own quests are complete. I can't tell you how many times I got burned down from 25+ health to the negatives in one turn after an enemy took a single full turn upon quest completion.

• Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    When I play quest warlock, I almost never finish the quest and just win with flesh giants.

• Options
    I think the nerfs to the quest - and the new cards in deadmines - have gotten handlock to the point where it's genuinely asking if it even wants to play the quest

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VS #213
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-213/

Taunt Druid taking names still, nearly 57% winrate in Diamond.

Recommended post nerf decks are Handlock, Face Hunter, and Librams.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Warlock feels like it's in a good sweet spot right now, balance and design wise. It has a variety of decently viable decks and some variation within them (Zoo, faster Quest, slow control Quest) but nothing is OP. Although its matchups can feel very rock paper scissors, that's as much a function of the polarization of other decks than anything.

forty on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yilias wrote: »
    VS #213
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-213/

Taunt Druid taking names still, nearly 57% winrate in Diamond.

Recommended post nerf decks are Handlock, Face Hunter, and Librams.
    VS wrote:
    Big DH is possibly the worst deck in the format. We’ve curated its potentially best build, but we still don’t think it has a chance.
    Oh I am just so shocked.

forty on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Hmm their smite rogue list is interesting, cloak of shadows is something I hadn't really thought much about (because i dont have it) but it does fit very well with the gameplan, lots of times I was one turn away from winning. Shroud of concealment is the other difference, but I'd have to drop the self-sharpening blades too and my draws have been so poor half the time I don't even have one of my 4 weapons available by turn 6/7 anyway so I don't like to cut those odds further

• Options
    First spoiler for the Alterac Valley set is up! It's... Freeze Shaman...

fluffy-frost-bear-ooc.png

• Options
    getting the spoiler for the alterac set what feels like a week after the miniset feels very strange

minset took way too long to come out

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I think they were expecting a warmer reception for mercenaries than it got. Delaying the miniset makes sense if you think everyone is going to no life mercenaries for a week or more.

• Options
    The miniset barely moved the needle on the meta anyway (made pirate Warrior better and that's about it), so bring on the new stuff!

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    freeze shaman, shiny and chrome

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    wait i don't get it we just got card reveals tho

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582