As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Quilboars are invading Battlegrounds!

145791059

Posts

  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What does a modern spell priest look like? Some were freaking out before the expansion over those new discounting cards but I can count the number of priests I've played against on one hand.
    NoHandsGamer has been playing "Cube Priest" (I don't know why that seems to be the name) at pretty high Legend rank. I also faced one last night on ladder at <lol we don't tell you your MMR> rank. This might be the list.

    (RIP hsdecker for now)

    I played against a Wild version of that I think, during my 12 win run with DH.

    I was confused, because it wasn’t Highlander Priest or the new Big Priest.

    Either way, it died.

    Stay at home every morning from the health department warning, take the 8:15 in to the kitchen
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    The deck I’ve had the most success with is a spell c’thun mage, which is literally just spell mage but c’thun stuck in there.

    I think I have seen c’thun played a grand total of 2 times—once by me, once against me. I honestly don’t know what deck is actually made better by including him other than having 4 extra overpriced spells.

    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Galakrond Rogue and Libroom Paladin can also make use of C'thun

    zepherin
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    The deck I’ve had the most success with is a spell c’thun mage, which is literally just spell mage but c’thun stuck in there.

    I think I have seen c’thun played a grand total of 2 times—once by me, once against me. I honestly don’t know what deck is actually made better by including him other than having 4 extra overpriced spells.
    Quest lock does, but it’s a bit slow for the current meta.

  • CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    As someone mostly playing libroom cthun pally. Cthun himself has only won me 2 games.

    His 7 damage spell has probably won me more games actually.

    I feel like it does pressure most classes into making boards that pally is well suited to clear though.

    Beasteh
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Control style paladin is pretty happy to have an assassinate, excavated evil, mini avenging wrath and 5 mana 6/6 taunt in their deck

    DibbyCorranDuke 2.0
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    I just played 6 high agro face Demon hunters straight, and they are trashing me.

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    (warrior is super good to climb with right now)

  • CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    Switched to last pages revolve shaman and cleaned up today something in there is definitely going to eat a nerf bat.

    Shadowhope
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Corran wrote: »
    Switched to last pages revolve shaman and cleaned up today something in there is definitely going to eat a nerf bat.
    forty wrote: »
    Can we just throw Evolve mechanics in the garbage?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
    Elvenshaezepherin
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    This deck needs something but I don't know what. ~40% win rate.

    ### Taunt Warrior
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (1) Into the Fray
    # 2x (2) Frightened Flunky
    # 2x (2) In Formation!
    # 1x (2) Minefield
    # 2x (2) Ritual Chopper
    # 2x (3) Awaken!
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Feat of Strength
    # 1x (3) Infested Goblin
    # 2x (3) Robes of Protection
    # 2x (4) Sword Eater
    # 1x (5) Brawl
    # 2x (5) Scrap Golem
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Armagedillo
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unbreakable
    # 1x (9) Carnival Clown
    # 1x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
    #
    AAECAQcIS5ykA6ikA+O0A/O7A8XAA/7bA7beAwukpAOCqAParQP+rgPSrwPNvgOK0AOS0APR0QO13gPP3gMA

  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »
    This deck needs something but I don't know what. ~40% win rate.

    ### Taunt Warrior
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (1) Into the Fray
    # 2x (2) Frightened Flunky
    # 2x (2) In Formation!
    # 1x (2) Minefield
    # 2x (2) Ritual Chopper
    # 2x (3) Awaken!
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Feat of Strength
    # 1x (3) Infested Goblin
    # 2x (3) Robes of Protection
    # 2x (4) Sword Eater
    # 1x (5) Brawl
    # 2x (5) Scrap Golem
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Armagedillo
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unbreakable
    # 1x (9) Carnival Clown
    # 1x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
    #
    AAECAQcIS5ykA6ikA+O0A/O7A8XAA/7bA7beAwukpAOCqAParQP+rgPSrwPNvgOK0AOS0APR0QO13gPP3gMA

    I’m not a fan of the carnival clown in this. Also I feel you don’t have enough control. Maybe swap the clown for cthun.

    Edit: I’ve changed my mind. I think keep the clown and lean in. Drop the galakrond package 2 clowns 2 scrapyards another brawl.

    zepherin on
    forty
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »
    This deck needs something but I don't know what. ~40% win rate.

    ### Taunt Warrior
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (1) Into the Fray
    # 2x (2) Frightened Flunky
    # 2x (2) In Formation!
    # 1x (2) Minefield
    # 2x (2) Ritual Chopper
    # 2x (3) Awaken!
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Feat of Strength
    # 1x (3) Infested Goblin
    # 2x (3) Robes of Protection
    # 2x (4) Sword Eater
    # 1x (5) Brawl
    # 2x (5) Scrap Golem
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Armagedillo
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unbreakable
    # 1x (9) Carnival Clown
    # 1x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
    #
    AAECAQcIS5ykA6ikA+O0A/O7A8XAA/7bA7beAwukpAOCqAParQP+rgPSrwPNvgOK0AOS0APR0QO13gPP3gMA

    too many one-ofs i think

    consolidate, cut some of the chaff (i think infested goblin is... not very good, tbh), i'm not really sold on robes of protection either. either double up on Clown or Colossus, but not one of each i think. probably cut Clown for 2nd Colossus. add Tomb Wardens, perhaps?

    add a 2nd brawl? deathwing mad aspect? strongmen? n'zoth could be good, considering the variety of tribals you have (Mechs, Pirates, a Beast, Elementals).

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    fortyemnmnme
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Is this Brawl the first time we've been able to make a constructed deck with as many copies of a card as we own (up to 15)?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    yeah N’zoth is the nuts on that one. Also you don’t need galkrond on that. And deathwing is a good pick up. Cthun isn’t really pulling it’s weight though.

    9md4lexr7698.jpeg

    zepherin on
    emnmnme
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That Bogspine Shaman deck whales on anything in Casual.

    The moment I flip to ladder, it gets smoked by something. Usually Paladins.

    Last pint: DDH Straight Hash Homie / Lupulin
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Things I never did in Hearthstone:
    -Open a second copy of Brawl
    I shall continue on your legacy.
    I've failed you, master.

    29X0oOt.png.1

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
    zepherinYiliasMNC DoverDibbyKafkaAUTynnanMarty81
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Shock horror, Palladins Duel deck seems really good in the meta as it pulls win conditions from decks and heal back up with ease. Platinum 4 at the moment with this!

    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1372633-big-snack-paladin-is-kinda-great-right-now

    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    First VS for Darkmoon is up: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-179/

    Lols at Tickatus having a 20-80 matchup against Soul DH, I haven't seen a matchup that bad since Freeze vs CWar.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I did the final Diamond 10 to Dad Legend push last night with slightly budget Aggro DH -- I only opened 1 Stiltstepper in my packs and I'd like to wait a bit before I craft one (especially with some sort of DH nerf possibly coming down the pipe, given its popularity in the VS report Yilias just linked). I managed to do it with only 1 loss and like 7 or so wins since I didn't run into my usual wall of hard counter Warriors who gain 40+ armor.

    The loss was a Galakrond Rogue who nut Janice'd on 5 (Greybough and another 4/6 taunt) vs my dead draw. I even managed to beat two lifesteal OTK DHs, which VS seems to indicate are one of the few bad matchups for Aggro DH.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    Taunt warrior is good against priest.

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    First VS for Darkmoon is up: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-179/

    Lols at Tickatus having a 20-80 matchup against Soul DH, I haven't seen a matchup that bad since Freeze vs CWar.

    Oh yeah control warlock just fucking rolls over and dies to soul DH

    zepherin
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

    OK, I know what I want to grind out Priest wins with. CONCERNEDMOMHS was playing “Only Rag” at high Wild Legend, and it’s hilarious.

    Ragnaros Priest
    1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
    2x (2) Penance
    2x (2) Resurrect
    2x (2) Shadow Visions
    2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
    2x (2) Spirit Lash
    2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
    1x (3) Gift of Luminance
    2x (3) Palm Reading
    2x (4) Eternal Servitude
    1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
    2x (5) Excavated Evil
    2x (5) Mass Hysteria
    2x (6) Shadow Essence
    2x (7) Psychic Scream
    1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
    2x (9) Mass Resurrection

    Code: AAEBAZ/HAgT2Are7AqfLA4/OAw3XCvoRtxfRwQLlzAK0zgLwzwLo0AKXhwOZmwOZqQPyrAPi3gMA

    It makes Aggro cry, and the Ragnaros firing squad surprises control. It’s great.

    Stay at home every morning from the health department warning, take the 8:15 in to the kitchen
    ElvenshaefortyBeastehMarty81The Escape Goat
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Pretty impressed I got to legend after a year off with a tier 3 deck. Shows how much aggro dominates in those first few days.

    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    Shadowhopeübergeek
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

    fortyMNC DoverKafkaAUBeastehDonnictonzepherinDibby
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Man Karl is just dumb in any battlegrounds game that has murlocs. Just get to 4, pop divine shield on everything, roll toxfins on all your murlocs and coast to #1.

    zepherinKafkaAU
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Man Karl is just dumb in any battlegrounds game that has murlocs. Just get to 4, pop divine shield on everything, roll toxfins on all your murlocs and coast to #1.
    Yeah if you can get at least 2 divine shield poisons, it's guaranteed top 3. Probably top 2 or 1.

    KafkaAU
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Man Karl is just dumb in any battlegrounds game that has murlocs. Just get to 4, pop divine shield on everything, roll toxfins on all your murlocs and coast to #1.

    No that's George!!!! Karl is his buddy that he got separated from, SEE THE PALADIN CARD "LOST IN THE JUNGLE" FOR THE IMPORTANT LORE OKAY

    also they get reunited in one of the adventures (descent of dragons i think)

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    fortyzepherin
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    George has obvious counterplay in Ghoul and cleave effects. You still need to power your murlocs so they can deal more than one hit. It's no auto win.

    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
    fortyzepherin
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Control warrior with the ETC OTK package is doing well for me and I'm clawing my rating back

    You don't even care if priest steals your rattlegore because it gives you a big fat target to rush all your guys into and fireball them 5 times

    (The correct way to beat this deck is to never play minions beyond a certain point if you are fearful of their combo, and they will deck out and die of fatigue)

    Beasteh on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Control warrior with the ETC OTK package is doing well for me and I'm clawing my rating back

    You don't even care if priest steals your rattlegore because it gives you a big fat target to rush all your guys into and fireball them 5 times

    (The correct way to beat this deck is to never play minions beyond a certain point if you are fearful of their combo, and they will deck out and die of fatigue)
    VS considers it one of the best decks.

    Won't you die to their board if you just stop playing minions? I mean the deck is more than just the combo. You'd have to silence/kill their Rattlegore and all their chip minions in the mid game before you could just hit the brakes, right? Have you seen that strategy work in practice?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
    Shadowhope
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    i've played a few control decks like priest/mage that have just outright refused to play minions and poly'd/plague of death'd my rattlegore, with the amount i'd been drawing they were well ahead of me in fatigue even with all the armor gain in the deck

    a smart, patient player can just wait the deck out

    e: i just got absolutely memed on by a hunter that used multiple beast handbuff/copy cards to start pumping out 2 11/11 trampling rhinos per turn

    Beasteh on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i've played a few control decks like priest/mage that have just outright refused to play minions and poly'd/plague of death'd my rattlegore, with the amount i'd been drawing they were well ahead of me in fatigue even with all the armor gain in the deck

    a smart, patient player can just wait the deck out

    e: i just got absolutely memed on by a hunter that used multiple beast handbuff/copy cards to start pumping out 2 11/11 trampling rhinos per turn
    I watched someone playing that Rhino Beast Hunter deck at top 500 legend yesterday. I think it was Hunterace. Or maybe it was Boarcontrol.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I noticed most ETC lists run Galakrond. I didn't really understand why at first, but maybe it's to give the deck more pressure against people playing no-board.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    The lie of the year.
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    Probably a little more reach, like you said more pressure. I’d like to play the deck but I’m pretty stubborn about crafting cards that are about to rotate, and I need 4-5.

    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
    forty
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    OK, I know what I want to grind out Priest wins with. CONCERNEDMOMHS was playing “Only Rag” at high Wild Legend, and it’s hilarious.

    Ragnaros Priest
    1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
    2x (2) Penance
    2x (2) Resurrect
    2x (2) Shadow Visions
    2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
    2x (2) Spirit Lash
    2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
    1x (3) Gift of Luminance
    2x (3) Palm Reading
    2x (4) Eternal Servitude
    1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
    2x (5) Excavated Evil
    2x (5) Mass Hysteria
    2x (6) Shadow Essence
    2x (7) Psychic Scream
    1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
    2x (9) Mass Resurrection

    Code: AAEBAZ/HAgT2Are7AqfLA4/OAw3XCvoRtxfRwQLlzAK0zgLwzwLo0AKXhwOZmwOZqQPyrAPi3gMA

    It makes Aggro cry, and the Ragnaros firing squad surprises control. It’s great.

    Can confirm that this deck is super fun.

    6-1 with it so far; only loss was to a Demon Hunter who was heavy into weapons without too many minions and I never pulled either Rags or a Shadow Essence.

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    forty wrote: »
    I noticed most ETC lists run Galakrond. I didn't really understand why at first, but maybe it's to give the deck more pressure against people playing no-board.

    It does all the things you need to advance your game plan: draw a minion (hopefully combo piece), gains some armor and lets you punch for 3 each turn to soften them up for a partial combo kill

    e: it just let me beat a rogue who was a turn away from drawing c'thun and killing me, the 3 chip damage per turn added up

    Beasteh on
    Elvenshaeforty
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    N'zoth brings back one of each type on minion that's died earlier so if I have a dead Amalgam and a dead Mech, is the Amalgam going to automatically fill in as another unused minion type or is there a chance only the Amalgam is being rezz'd?

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    N'zoth brings back one of each type on minion that's died earlier so if I have a dead Amalgam and a dead Mech, is the Amalgam going to automatically fill in as another unused minion type or is there a chance only the Amalgam is being rezz'd?

    Amalgam will assume an unused tribe type in all cases. For example, you’d always get the mech and then the Amalgam would be something else. It works that way for buffs as well.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    zepherinfortyemnmnme
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    If you have nzoth throwing down the amalgam is almost always a solid move.

Sign In or Register to comment.