So I'm a very skinny/boney creature with pointy joints. And because my right wrist is under a lot of strain, I generally sleep with a brace on it at night, because otherwise I wake up and i've slept with it curled in and close to my chest. Lately I've also been wrestling some tennis elbow and shoulder pain. The tennis elbow is from my work station and I've done a decent amount to mitigate it, and it has mostly gone away, but the shoulder is new, and the pain is around my collar bone, which I mush at night when sleeping on my shoulder. some notes
- My right hand/arm get a ton of use from both work and drawing
- I dont have other joint pain, in my non drawing hand or other parts of my body
- I've done a ton of other things to alleviate problems, I switched to a vertical mouse, I have a split keyboard, I lowered my keyboard with a drawer, I do exercises at night to stretch things out.
- I live in texas and have relatively crappy insurance, so I'm not going to risk covid to have a useless chat with my doctor about this at the moment
- most of this pain will let up if I force myself to "sleep" on my back, but as a general insomniac, what happens is I lay on my back for like 6hours mostly awake, and then I finally curl up on my shoulder for 2 and sleep.
Amazon has a bunch of pillows that are ridiculous shaped and I was wondering if anyone else here has tried them.
I could sleep on this.. pelvic bone pillow, for instance:https://www.amazon.com/Elviros-Cervical-Ergonomic-Orthopedic-Contoured/dp/B088WNMNX1?th=1
I could drive my fiancé crazy with a pillow parking garage ramp that costs 350 fucking dollars and takes up half the bed:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GTB5BFB/?tag=ww11128-20
There's even pillows with amethyst dust, in the covers, cause you know, crystals do shit?https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N38CD20/
Anyway, just like with the non-stick pans (thanks for the advice there, the new pans are great) I dont want to waste a ton of time on amazon reviews, but I also dont want to waste a ton of money on pillows in trial and error. turns out pillows can get kinda pricey. I figure the forum has aged enough that you all are rickety too, so maybe someone has gone through this already.