As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the [chat]oneer

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Honk wrote: »
    My memory of Behind Enemy Lines is that the sniper didn’t fuck with camo and instead just rolled around in an adidas tracksuit, which I can only guess is accurate for Slavic wars

Killa.jpg

T A R K O V

Adidas EOD helmet? Yuppp

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Imagine the courage necessary to cosplay Naruto solely for vengeance

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    The fun thing about Reddit stories like that is, if it is real, there is absolutely no anonymity.

This situation has happened exactly once, and everyone who participated in it knows, and everyone who deals with elf check in real life knows she got Naruto-ran at.

This is an optimistic assumption syndalis

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    db83322ab738fd3c276336e0bf13eb96727faba6.jpg
    122c31943ae0ad56d3b286a98b5fbbac5419fd2e.jpg
    4538dd615f4da1c043e4b723f5d55161fac6c12b.jpg
    6df496a6e85dab689bb7c6c665a27728663509fd.jpg

These sound like two very immature people and I loved reading it.

Also if she argues her true self is an elf that speaks in a fake irish accent then she's not cosplaying she's making a choice that she needs to realize is not just for fun and will have knock on effect on those around her.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    db83322ab738fd3c276336e0bf13eb96727faba6.jpg
    122c31943ae0ad56d3b286a98b5fbbac5419fd2e.jpg
    4538dd615f4da1c043e4b723f5d55161fac6c12b.jpg
    6df496a6e85dab689bb7c6c665a27728663509fd.jpg

These sound like two very immature people and I loved reading it.

Also if she argues her true self is an elf that speaks in a fake irish accent then she's not cosplaying she's making a choice that she needs to realize is not just for fun and will have knock on effect on those around her.

something something freedom of speech

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Where are our intentional cosplay communities where you can just be an elf and/or Naruto year-round without fear of judgement?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Please stop quoting the super long reddit images I beg of you

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

You will never escape Reddit AITA / relationship posts no matter how far you run

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Lol that elf thing is crazy

First of all, elves speak in a Boston townie accent,

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh this is fantastic, they even got Christopher Lambert.

https://youtu.be/cplQ0O2EF-k

I really want to play this.

So is it still Rhonda Rousey voicing Sonya?

For that skin no it’s the actress from them film. But the campaign is still Rousey afaik

Good enough! That's a tremendous pack. I should get back into mortal kombat.

I wonder if they'll do a next gen upgrade with super fast load times for matches?

• Options
    I t

mother, the rangoon

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

You will never escape Reddit AITA / relationship posts no matter how far you run

my reaction to every single one of them is always the same

this didn't happen, and if it did everyone is an asshole, and it didn't happen

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    The zoom funeral cosplay is what almost tilts it into writing exercise for me but I can still totally see that happening

edit: it was just chemo, lame

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I am addicted to these Technology Connection videos.

This is like the highest tangible transmitted information density that I might actually remember or use on all of YouTube.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm always surprised these don't end with "do not let this distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table"

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    The zoom funeral cosplay is what almost tilts it into writing exercise for me but I can still totally see that happening

I can’t believe you would just glide past the blatant anti-elven bigotry like this

• Options
    And after you said we might be 7s, too

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I don’t believe this story because I don’t believe anime fans are capable of love.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Six wrote: »
    I don’t believe this story because I don’t believe anime fans are capable of love.

What about that story suggests that we they are

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    hello chat
    i did a meeting
    me grown adult

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

the framing in terms of the anime/fantasy conflict which eventually blows up into a "now the tables are turned!" naruto run feels very writing exercise to me

a person actually in distress over the insane zoom call and the girlfriend's pathological behavior and icy refusal to address it would probably foreground that instead of starting with how she won't respect his taste in cartoons

i mean i guess the world takes all kinds but

• Options
    edited November 2020
    At first, for all these AITA/Redditships posts, I doubted their veracity, but now I'm a true believer simply due to the reality-warping effects of the pandemic

The only way I won't believe a story is if there is some element of 'And Then Everybody Clapped' self-congratulations to it

Eddy on
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    hello chat
    i did a meeting
    me grown adult

How did they take your elf cosplay?

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

What about that story suggests that we they are

You’re right, I misread it. He only expressed love, which is not the same thing.

Maybe it is true. BELIEVE IT

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Lol that elf thing is crazy

First of all, elves speak in a Boston townie accent,

Ey Maa! Bein an elf is wicked haard sometime!

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    And after you said we might be 7s, too

It’s out of 7, right?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    hello chat
    i did a meeting
    me grown adult

How did they take your elf cosplay?

not well
    i did DA:O inner city elf
    was not taken well at all.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

edit: it was just chemo, lame

It immediately strikes me as true, as I've known people like this.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Mayhaps the loveless, cuck-fraught, mutually poisonous Aphrodite/Hephaestus marriage is actually a warning from the ancients about the perils of hotties getting with talented notties

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Do you ever get really upset and anxious about something and then the thing that had you in dread slips your mind for a moment so you still have the heavy feeling of unwellness but you’re just waiting for it to suddenly spike when you remember the subject

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Do you ever get really upset and anxious about something and then the thing that had you in dread slips your mind for a moment so you still have the heavy feeling of unwellness but you’re just waiting for it to suddenly spike when you remember the subject
    always

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    The stories often seem fake but given how insane people often are I think most of them are pretty plausible

People have often described human interactions to me that seem like fiction but really happened

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The stories often seem fake but given how insane people often are I think most of them are pretty plausible

People have often described human interactions to me that seem like fiction but really happened

A lot of the things that happened this year would be rejected by an editor as terrible writing

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Having not read or watched Ready Player One, I assumed the work at some point makes a statement about how The Oasis is bad and 1980s pop culture obsession is suffocating.

From what I understand, the real world in the book is a horrible future dystopia that's falling apart and ravaged by poverty and the creator of the oasis is revealed to be a huge loser. It would be stunning to play the themes straight and the actual text of the work to be like the WOW LOOK A COOL ROBOT meme

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    It's established that The Minions (who seek the most evil person around at any time) did not participate in WWII, despite what Boomers may think.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    This Evil Multifarious character is obviously someones cosplay

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Imagine the courage necessary to cosplay Naruto solely for vengeance

Nah, he had that shit lying around. He's done it before.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's established that The Minions (who seek the most evil person around at any time) did not participate in WWII, despite what Boomers may think.

Too busy manning Soviet gulags.

• Options
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    something something fiction requires internal consistency whereas humanity does not

good morning

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
This discussion has been closed.