As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What kind of PC monitor damage is this?

WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood varietyRegistered User regular
edited November 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
So my monitor is old, and looks like it's due for a replacement. While I'm already looking to get a new one near the end of the year, I'm curious as to what kind of damage this is:

my7d2fekrk0i.jpg

This is supposed to be a solid black wallpaper.

I think they're stuck pixels? Currently trying some stuck pixels fixer apps to see if they will do the trick.

EDIT: So JScreenFix did not work at all.

Wearingglasses on

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Am I right that it looks like a stuck image from NASA or something.

The only time I recall ever seeing anything like that it was damage due to some sort of physical impact ie. like someone punching the screen wearing a glove.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Probably not stuck pixels, they don't tend to blob like that. Possibly physical damage to to panel, possibly just a loose connection somewhere

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Loose connection would generally run the length of the screen. That looks like a punch or an object sat on the monitor for a while.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Heat, pressure or both. If something pressed the monitor while it was warm it would probably be more obvious.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Loose connection would generally run the length of the screen. That looks like a punch or an object sat on the monitor for a while.

The location makes me think the power supply is heating up and causing damage. Either way it's time for the trash heap.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Please recycle or dispose of properly. Your local ground water supply will thank you later.