As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    It was a long week. Oh hey, what's this?
    rcd3n70qk8qb.jpg

S H E N A N I G A N S!!!

Thanks for Dark Souls Remastered!!! <3<3

• Options
    @Iolo ^

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So. AC Valhalla.

Not only can you pick up and love on the kittehs, but you can pet the doggo, who is the goodest boy of all.

I'm concerned, guys. It's going to take something truly off the charts for Cyberpunk to take the GOTY title away from this kind of awesome. :D

Also, It's gonna be tough to beat the badass aesthetic, too...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Is there a way to get Steam to stop "queuing" updates. Just update! I'm getting really tired of this system.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Is there a way to get Steam to stop "queuing" updates. Just update! I'm getting really tired of this system.

It will update them eventually. It just schedules them for times when it has learned you won't likely be doing anything. I tend to have quite a few queued at any time, but they all do their thing on their own given time. If you're not actively playing one that's queued, does it matter? And if you are, you can force the install whenever you want. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Drez wrote: »
    Changes to Auto-Updating to Spread Out Peak Load
    For games that haven’t been played recently, Steam has already been scheduling updates for the next off-peak local time period. Beginning this week, we are now spreading these updates out over several more days. Only games played within the last 3 days will be updated immediately. As always, the game will begin updating immediately if you request to play it, and you can always initiate an update (or pause it indefinitely) through the Download Manager. We’re also looking into additional solutions to help on our side.

It is not a system that bothers me. Valve wants to spread the load around a bit. (for some reason a lot of people got stuck at home this year and it affected the bandwidth used a bit.) It updates recently played games fast enough so it shouldn't normally be a real issue.

Isorn on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I just wish there was an "update all/clear all" button so i dont have to click a whole list of things.

• Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    So, back at the beginning of the year after the winter charity drive wrapped up @Elvenshae had decided to make me a bonus stained glass suncatcher. When he asked me what kind of design I would like, I threw out an idea that I thought would be cool, if unrealistic. To my surprise it was doable. He started working on it, but 2020 was, well, 2020, and things got delayed. A message from a few days ago let me know that it would be arriving Monday, however due to the fact that it was shipped with the company I work for and how the shipping process works for my facility, I picked it up from work today!
    Haro is helping out by hiding the address.
    mpXXQXZh.jpg
    Inside was a bunch of packing peanuts and more cardboard. Also as someone who has seen a wide variety of packing jobs, this was very well done Elvenshae.
    z2rd3qmh.jpg
    Within the cardboard prison is even more layers of packing materials.
    UWI7SwFh.jpg
    Something something onions.
    YJade7Ph.jpg
    Wow. This is amazing. It looks so much better than I ever thought it would.
    qCPocAih.jpg
    Seriously, this looks so good.
    IsZM4Yqh.jpg
    Bonus pic of Dazai investigating it. Gonna have to find a place to display it out of his reach.
    WGSjtuFh.jpg
    I cannot describe how awesome this is. It's also huge, it's 12 by 16 inches. Fantastic work Elvenshae and thank you so very much.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What is that, Warhammer?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Darksiders. But color-reversed. :D

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That is seriously cool!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Take THAT, you magnificent human being!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Wait, did Elvenshae make that????

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Elvenshae's a wizard.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Thawmus wrote: »

Yep! I make stained glass stuff. Out of the several dozen things I’ve made, I used a store-bought pattern for ... uh, two of them.

The rest I’ve either doctored up a finished design I’ve found online or started from some art and just figured out what to cut.

So, for this piece, I started with a high-res version of the Darksiders emblem that Orivon uses for his avatar and then used Inkscape and Gimp to turn it into a stained glass pattern.

Couldn’t do the letters / runes, but I figured the horse / sword and the inner ring would be a pretty sweet piece by itself.
    Orivon wrote:
    Inside was a bunch of packing peanuts and more cardboard. Also as someone who has seen a wide variety of packing jobs, this was very well done Elvenshae.

Thanks! My biggest fear with this stuff is that I’ll ship something and the recipient will get a broken piece. Stained glass repair is ... expensive.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    That's seriously impressive.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh new thread!

Tonight is the night I fire up Baldur's Gate 3.

I wonder how long I will be stuck in the character creator...

How many mod recommendations do you want... ?

I'm scared to ask...

Throw a couple at me :)

Baldur's Gate 3 mods certifiably Approved by Pixie:

Hide helmets. - because helmets are *awful* in this game and your ears and sometimes nose will clip through them.
    Shadar-kai race - because shadar-kai are one of the coolest races and I will fight over this.
    Padme's character creation colors - because more tattoo/makeup choices, and because the default choices mostly suck.
    Tieflings of the Nine - because tieflings are awesome so more tieflings are more awesome, if less awesome than shadar-kai.
    5E cantrips - because how can you possibly have an eldritch knight without Booming Blade?
    Complexion for ladies - because freckles, amirite?
    Enhanced gear progression - this breaks everything but in a wonderful way.
    Devilish pack - cleavage. Nuf said.
    Tiefling de-wrinkler - because the base tiefling textures are ... not good. Also, tieflings are awesome. See above.
    Longsword handle resized - because keep your anime swords out of my D&D.
    Custom dice - because if you can't choose your dice color, why are you even playing? (pink dice ftw)
    More short rests - because BG3 lets you have one short rest per game day, which unfairly punishes short-rest-based classes. This gives you 2 or more (you can pick the number you want)
    Improved UI - unfucks some stuff that gets fucked by other mods, for one thing
    Customizer - a hilariously vaguely worded mod that adds a ton of face and hair options

Candor mod manager - you'll want this for simplifying the install of most mods.

There's also a nude mod. I won't link it. You can find it. Hint: search Nexus for "undress"... Naturally, this one of the first 5 mods released for the game.

Hope this helps!

I am quoting this so that it is easier for me to find. I very much appreciate the work out in to this informational post. Tieflings have grown on me and I’m glad to have some options. Now if I could just get some time to actually play this game, that’d be swell.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    vjkja5o1gi8l.jpeg

Mugsley on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    And From the Darkness, a misterious @Iolo strikes with a code for Star Wars Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast I! Decidedly one of my favorite Star Wars games!

Thanks a lot! :smile:
    g_saber_realistic_combat 3

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @Elvenshae is awesome. My partner and I still have our pieces from last year (two years ago?) and we love looking at them. Shae made me a Triforce and my partner a fox. Both are fantastic.

Enjoy Orivon!

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Finished a game last night! I finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided a few nights ago, and finished the last of Jensen's Stories last night. The game has some performance issues, but I enjoyed the game. I loved that they completely accommodate stealthy gameplay, as that's usually the route a take if given an option. The story was alright, and having played Human Revolution a long time ago, the intro recap helped a lot. Aside from performance issues, my other big complaint is inventory space. It's not as bad as Bethesda games, but they surely could've given us more, even if we had to spend more praxis points on them. Overall, it's an easy recommendation from me, it was fun and engrossing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    If you're shopping for the tasteful Klei fan in your life (and you should be - their games are rad), then it should be noted that both the Mark of the Ninja statue and the Invisible, Inc. socks are both on sale and super cool.

There's other stuff, too, but I never really got into Don't Starve or Oxygen Not Included so I can't speak to how neat that stuff is.

But I can tell you that Drinkbox Studios (makers of Guacamelee!) have art prints on sale. And that the Pueblucho and Juan v Calaca ones are dope.

We've all got (probably) enough games so what stuff are you looking for that is games-adjacent?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    If you're shopping for the tasteful Klei fan in your life (and you should be - their games are rad), then it should be noted that both the Mark of the Ninja statue and the Invisible, Inc. socks are both on sale and super cool.

There's other stuff, too, but I never really got into Don't Starve or Oxygen Not Included so I can't speak to how neat that stuff is.

But I can tell you that Drinkbox Studios (makers of Guacamelee!) have art prints on sale. And that the Pueblucho and Juan v Calaca ones are dope.

We've all got (probably) enough games so what stuff are you looking for that is games-adjacent?

The Bioware store has been pushing a bunch of N7 merch on the heels of the remaster announcement, and there's a few things there I'd love to nab. Like, I already have an N7 hoodie, but one can never have enough hoodies...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

The Bioware store has been pushing a bunch of N7 merch on the heels of the remaster announcement, and there's a few things there I'd love to nab. Like, I already have an N7 hoodie, but one can never have enough hoodies...

I'm on my second N7 hoodie. It's the perfect fall and spring jacket. Thanks for pointing me at another place to look!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Looks like the N7 Spectre hoodie is sold out. Quelle surprise. Hopefully they do another run (or variant) of them.

I grabbed two of them while they were available. Learned my lesson from the store going away before. I've still got one of the very first ones, and an Elite hoodie which is still in regular use and holding up well. (The Spectre one is thinner and a coarser fabric, but still nice, with some lovely little touches.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    I am always all about art - I have an absolute crap ton of art (both game and non game related) that I need to get framed

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I also have some of the Jinx overwatch hoodies (the first lot not the varsity ones which I don't like at all) and they're great

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Playing around testing my new GPU... Can anyone name any games with built-in benchmarking tests?

I've already run 3dmark, AC Valhalla, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I can't think what else has tests but I know a bunch do...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Playing around testing my new GPU... Can anyone name any games with built-in benchmarking tests?

I've already run 3dmark, AC Valhalla, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I can't think what else has tests but I know a bunch do...

HZD, BL3, AC:O, Civ VI

Is the new card glorious? Does it have all the pixels?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »

HZD has a benchmark? Ooh kay then!

It is... glorious. Literally doubled my 3dmark score.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider with old system, normal detail, medium ray tracing was 52 FPS avg, dipping to mid-20s. With new GPU, max settings, high ray tracing, is 95 FPS avg, dipping to mid-70s minimum.

I HAS A HAPPY

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    so that's a yes, then.

• Options
    On a marginally related note: is there anyone who uses or is interested in Geforce Now? This card came with a free year subscription to it that I have no interest in.

PM if you want it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    On a marginally related note: is there anyone who uses or is interested in Geforce Now? This card came with a free year subscription to it that I have no interest in.

PM if you want it.

GeForce now is still a thing?

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

PM if you want it.

If its the expensive version of geforce, you might wanna give it to your kid as it allows Ray Tracing stuff to be streamed, i hear.

• Options
    Horizon Zero Dawn benchmarky thingy:

Old.
    New.

Cool.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Shadow of the Tomb Raider with old system, normal detail, medium ray tracing was 52 FPS avg, dipping to mid-20s. With new GPU, max settings, high ray tracing, is 95 FPS avg, dipping to mid-70s minimum.

I HAS A HAPPY

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Shadowbringers Benchmark. :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Got to final chapter of Iron legion.

The 2nd level is a multi tiered fucking ring.

I predict more grinding needed to surmount these numbers.

Game still fun
    last mission of 3rd chapter suggested I equip moxie for the mission.

Only gear that provided moxie was....AVIATOR SUNGLASSES

• Options

I HAS A HAPPY

Installing! Probably won't get to it til tomorrow though.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I HAS A HAPPY

It seems cruel to suggest a benchmark that has a character creator.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.