As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

1373840424399

Posts

  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    I've always thought of 4x units as something like the little statues on the table on Mount Olympus, and I am the capricious god making them fight pointless wars for my amusement.

    KalnaurPoketpixieStollsFencingsaxWerewolf2000adElvenshae
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    So, first impressions of Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey(ie Monkey Simulator).

    It had some opening credits and scenes that could not be bypassed. By default it wants to use a controller but I could change it to use a keyboard and mouse. In the opening scene one of the little primates gets into a bit of trouble. The game shows you how to look and listen and identify things and then directs you to find shelter. Then it switches to an adult primate at a sheltered camp. One of your first tasks is to go find the little guy who's lost and bring him back to camp using the abilities you just learned. Easy enough.

    Back at camp I learned to identify things...plants, rocks, etc. I learned to drink and eat which the other primates will participate in if they observe you. That becomes a thing then...eating, drinking, sleeping every day. You learn to build a place to sleep which is where you can rest and access character stats, etc. As you perform tasks you will learn things which will lead to unlocking new abilities. You learn faster if there are kids around. You can trade things to others in your clan or even switch characters. The primates will age, grow old, and die but some of the skills you've learned can be passed on to the next generation.

    So you're not just managing a single character. You're actually looking after the welfare of the entire troop/clan. If you lose all of them it's game over, I think? Child rearing seems like it will be a big part of the game. So far I've unlocked a better sense of smell and hearing, some mobility options, I've identified clean water and a couple food items, how to build a spot to sleep and how to build a wall out of dead branches. I tried using a couple rocks to try and start a fire but didn't have any luck. I found a spot to fish but no idea how to actually do that yet. The game doesn't do a lot of hand holding. I have some misgivings about the game mechanics but I think I'll end up keeping this and seeing where it goes.

    This is a good summary of the first few hours of the game. The problem I have with Ancestors is that it's pretty front-loaded. You're going to start to feel the grind and the veil will be lifted shortly because you'll have seen everything, effectively. It's very shallow under the hood.

    The changes to your apes in the beginning are interesting. You start learning how to build with an item, then you can pick up two items. Then you can walk. But then it really does dip after that... not much new to discover... there are really only a handful of "craftables"... and all there is to do is find different zones, proceed to the next generation... crawl back up. This is all not at all helped by a system where your progress is like 70% wiped every generation as a mechanic.

    Imagine a grind, but every couple of hours it's 6 steps back.

    That's too bad. I like the general premise of surviving and guiding fledgling hominids towards building a civilization but it sounds like this game falls really short of that.

    Indeed. And I love survival games where you build up from small beginnings into something great. The problem is, you'll never get further than a pile of leaves for a bed. Many more examples, but I guess they'd be spoilers.. but high level: you're always just an ape.

    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ori and The Will of the Wisps is really freakin' good guys...

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah
    Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
    KarozMudzguttsmvengyAistanDrovekElvenshae
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 8
    Figgy wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    So, first impressions of Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey(ie Monkey Simulator).

    It had some opening credits and scenes that could not be bypassed. By default it wants to use a controller but I could change it to use a keyboard and mouse. In the opening scene one of the little primates gets into a bit of trouble. The game shows you how to look and listen and identify things and then directs you to find shelter. Then it switches to an adult primate at a sheltered camp. One of your first tasks is to go find the little guy who's lost and bring him back to camp using the abilities you just learned. Easy enough.

    Back at camp I learned to identify things...plants, rocks, etc. I learned to drink and eat which the other primates will participate in if they observe you. That becomes a thing then...eating, drinking, sleeping every day. You learn to build a place to sleep which is where you can rest and access character stats, etc. As you perform tasks you will learn things which will lead to unlocking new abilities. You learn faster if there are kids around. You can trade things to others in your clan or even switch characters. The primates will age, grow old, and die but some of the skills you've learned can be passed on to the next generation.

    So you're not just managing a single character. You're actually looking after the welfare of the entire troop/clan. If you lose all of them it's game over, I think? Child rearing seems like it will be a big part of the game. So far I've unlocked a better sense of smell and hearing, some mobility options, I've identified clean water and a couple food items, how to build a spot to sleep and how to build a wall out of dead branches. I tried using a couple rocks to try and start a fire but didn't have any luck. I found a spot to fish but no idea how to actually do that yet. The game doesn't do a lot of hand holding. I have some misgivings about the game mechanics but I think I'll end up keeping this and seeing where it goes.

    This is a good summary of the first few hours of the game. The problem I have with Ancestors is that it's pretty front-loaded. You're going to start to feel the grind and the veil will be lifted shortly because you'll have seen everything, effectively. It's very shallow under the hood.

    The changes to your apes in the beginning are interesting. You start learning how to build with an item, then you can pick up two items. Then you can walk. But then it really does dip after that... not much new to discover... there are really only a handful of "craftables"... and all there is to do is find different zones, proceed to the next generation... crawl back up. This is all not at all helped by a system where your progress is like 70% wiped every generation as a mechanic.

    Imagine a grind, but every couple of hours it's 6 steps back.

    That's too bad. I like the general premise of surviving and guiding fledgling hominids towards building a civilization but it sounds like this game falls really short of that.

    Indeed. And I love survival games where you build up from small beginnings into something great. The problem is, you'll never get further than a pile of leaves for a bed. Many more examples, but I guess they'd be spoilers.. but high level: you're always just an ape.

    I've been on the fence about Ancestors for a long time, and I'm not sure which way this post pushes me.

    Like, Ark: despite the game letting you bootstrap yourself to crazy future-fantasy stuff, I rarely get past the stone age. Or Grounded, the game let's me harpoon whale sized Koi but I never get past hunting aphids and hiding from soldier ants.

    So on the one hand, not a lot of tech tiers. On the other hand it's not like I'd ever get to them anyway.

    Hevach on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Fabled Mythic Member MichiganRegistered User regular
    Belated thanks to Orivon for Divinity!

    You didn't have to, but thank you. It does indeed still fit the theme. Impressive.

    Sorry I didn't notice the gift, been busy this week!

    steam_sig.png
    KalnaurIanatorBetsuniMNC DoverTalus9952KarozEd GrubermanStollsan_altRoyceSraphimElvenshaeemp123Jazz
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @Stabbity Style trying to get me back in to the dating game with a gift of Project Wingman!

    rYt6H6W.png

    Stabbity Stylecj iwakuraKalnaurIanatorBetsuniMNC DoverTalus9952HerothKarozEvmaAlsarEd GrubermanStollsGear Girlan_altRoyceSraphimElvenshaeemp123Jazz
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So, Suspended.
    • I've figured out how to get into the aircar to bio/cold storage, but not how to get out of it.
    • I can repair Iris's vision, even if she makes it weird.
    • I can open up the processor in storage that I think has something to do with resetting the filtering computers. Got half the FC reset code from it. Has some wiring and a fuse in it? Those seem like something I'll need to interact with at some point, no idea how right now though.
    • I know how to take the ramp from storage and place it at the step from one level to the other, allowing traversal between the floors since these robots can't use stairs.
    • The area with the filtering computers becomes hazardous to traverse. I think it fills with acid, though I forget if I confirmed that or just assumed. on the lower level, there's something spraying acid up above it that I think is the source of this. However, my robots don't seem to be able to reach it, and if they could I'm not sure what I'd do with it.
    • Found some spare cables in storage. I forget what I queried the technical computer about that gave me this impression, but I think they're replacement for the channels that connect the three FCs. I haven't seem those channels, so I don't know for sure if they're broken, but it seems like a reasonable assumption.
    • I should fuck around with the actual transport/environmental/hydroponics controls. Don't really know how to work them yet and was hoping I'd find more information on that before I just started pushing buttons and seeing if it killed people, but I'm starting to suspect that's just what I'm gonna have to do.
    • I think the first run I attempted, I sent a bot into the FC area at the start without them immediately starting to die to acid? I think I'm gonna do that again, see if it's more accessible at the beginning of a run.
    • There's a thing in gamma repair. Apparently I gotta like, align the inner shell with the outer shell to make it work. Don't know how to do that and don't know what it'll do if I do. I'm assuming this is how I turn on the repair bays.

    IoloStolls
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    I unlocked Hazel in One Step From Eden, and I love her turret setups. Wish she had a better weapon though...

    rpcJVoo.png
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    So, first impressions of Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey(ie Monkey Simulator).

    It had some opening credits and scenes that could not be bypassed. By default it wants to use a controller but I could change it to use a keyboard and mouse. In the opening scene one of the little primates gets into a bit of trouble. The game shows you how to look and listen and identify things and then directs you to find shelter. Then it switches to an adult primate at a sheltered camp. One of your first tasks is to go find the little guy who's lost and bring him back to camp using the abilities you just learned. Easy enough.

    Back at camp I learned to identify things...plants, rocks, etc. I learned to drink and eat which the other primates will participate in if they observe you. That becomes a thing then...eating, drinking, sleeping every day. You learn to build a place to sleep which is where you can rest and access character stats, etc. As you perform tasks you will learn things which will lead to unlocking new abilities. You learn faster if there are kids around. You can trade things to others in your clan or even switch characters. The primates will age, grow old, and die but some of the skills you've learned can be passed on to the next generation.

    So you're not just managing a single character. You're actually looking after the welfare of the entire troop/clan. If you lose all of them it's game over, I think? Child rearing seems like it will be a big part of the game. So far I've unlocked a better sense of smell and hearing, some mobility options, I've identified clean water and a couple food items, how to build a spot to sleep and how to build a wall out of dead branches. I tried using a couple rocks to try and start a fire but didn't have any luck. I found a spot to fish but no idea how to actually do that yet. The game doesn't do a lot of hand holding. I have some misgivings about the game mechanics but I think I'll end up keeping this and seeing where it goes.

    This is a good summary of the first few hours of the game. The problem I have with Ancestors is that it's pretty front-loaded. You're going to start to feel the grind and the veil will be lifted shortly because you'll have seen everything, effectively. It's very shallow under the hood.

    The changes to your apes in the beginning are interesting. You start learning how to build with an item, then you can pick up two items. Then you can walk. But then it really does dip after that... not much new to discover... there are really only a handful of "craftables"... and all there is to do is find different zones, proceed to the next generation... crawl back up. This is all not at all helped by a system where your progress is like 70% wiped every generation as a mechanic.

    Imagine a grind, but every couple of hours it's 6 steps back.

    That's too bad. I like the general premise of surviving and guiding fledgling hominids towards building a civilization but it sounds like this game falls really short of that.

    Indeed. And I love survival games where you build up from small beginnings into something great. The problem is, you'll never get further than a pile of leaves for a bed. Many more examples, but I guess they'd be spoilers.. but high level: you're always just an ape.

    I've been on the fence about Ancestors for a long time, and I'm not sure which way this post pushes me.

    Like, Ark: despite the game letting you bootstrap yourself to crazy future-fantasy stuff, I rarely get past the stone age. Or Grounded, the game let's me harpoon whale sized Koi but I never get past hunting aphids and hiding from soldier ants.

    So on the one hand, not a lot of tech tiers. On the other hand it's not like I'd ever get to them anyway.

    I'm kind of the same, for most games. I rarely finish a game, and although I really like survival/crafting games, there are only a handful I've stuck with for long. The best way I can describe Ancestors is "an experience". It's not a crafting survival game the way you're envisioning it. Similar to your tech tree example, there is a genetics web you progress through. But every time your ape dies, you can only lock in--I believe--5 for the next generation. And each tech unlock ranges from meaningful (e.g. you can now carry an item in each hand) to more or less filler (e.g. 4 different unlocks for increased movement speed while carrying a heavy object).

    Don't get my wrong, I don't necessarily regret the purchase. But 8.5 hours in, I didn't see any meaningful or interesting milestones along the way so lost interest. I had played enough. If you're expecting this to be a survival crafting game where you evolve up to an ape, on paper that's true, but in practice it's extremely shallow for that genre. It's fun to climb and swing through the trees, escape dangerous animals, and generally be a god damned ape. And it's cool to progress through the biomes and see different animals, either avoiding them or trying to kill them.

    But you're not going to be collecting resources and crafting much, there's no base building, no structures at all, and so on. You are always an ape.

    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    There might be too much Fenyx Rising in Fenyx Rising.

    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    cooljammer00KoopahTroopahElvenshae
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    There might be too much Fenyx Rising in Fenyx Rising.

    LIES!

    camo_sig2.png
    destroyah87
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    There might be too much Fenyx Rising in Fenyx Rising.

    If I'm honest I'm getting a bit burned out on it. It's open world fatigue. Think I might just start on a linear game.

    Iolo
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Cupcake Sorceress Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    There might be too much Fenyx Rising in Fenyx Rising.

    If this means anything less than "holy parsnips, this game is amazing" then I must vigorously disagree, my good fellow!

    destroyah87DaringDirk
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Fenyx Rising actually has less open world in it than the other giant open world fantasy game Ubisoft released that month.

    I played both back to back to completion because I have brain problems.

    steam_sig.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Game of the Year... well, overall, I'd say Pokemon Sword/Shield. Mostly because it's allowing my niece and I to bond over something we both really enjoy- might not be on Steam, but... any game that helps bring you closer to family is worth it.

    On Steam, well... I'd have to say, well... Untitled Goose Game, mostly as something I can pick up and play just as something to go play in spurts and screw around with for a bit when I need something to play.

    steam_sig.png
    Elvenshae
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    man, i bought gtfo on a whim since co-op + extremely hard is my favorite combo/wet dream. But it seems like every game i need to spend 20 minutes typing obscure shit into a terminal to proceed and no thanks, thats what I do for work every day, don't need it in a game. But 2 matches played to discover this used up my steam refund period. doh

    orkandmindy
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So, Suspended.
    • I've figured out how to get into the aircar to bio/cold storage, but not how to get out of it.

    "Get out" works. So does "Disembark".

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ah. I think I tried "leave" and "exit" or somesuch before figuring that it must be more complicated than that.

  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Ah. I think I tried "leave" and "exit" or somesuch before figuring that it must be more complicated than that.

    Yeah, it's weird those don't work. Infocom games were usually really good about synonyms.

    Elvenshae
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    So, Suspended.
    • I've figured out how to get into the aircar to bio/cold storage, but not how to get out of it.

    "Get out" works. So does "Disembark".

    Nope, that just plays the movie Get Out and now I can't sleep

    KoopahTroopahDonnictonSteel AngelElvenshae
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    If you are playing text parser games, you don't deserve to sleep.

  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Game of the Year..Hades by a country mile

    steam_sig.png
    Joe Camacho MKIIKoopahTroopahMNC DoverAsthariel
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Speaking of the game of the year, I know this isn't the thread, but does anyone know if we are doing the goty thread that seems to pop up every year around this time?

    Steam: offday
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Neat, got the 8th Anniversary badge. Have I really been here that long?

    IoloElvenshae
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Neat, got the 8th Anniversary badge. Have I really been here that long?

    Tell us stories of the old days. Tell us about how the world coped with Battlefield 4's misleading trailers and buggy launch.

  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Speaking of the game of the year, I know this isn't the thread, but does anyone know if we are doing the goty thread that seems to pop up every year around this time?
    Most recent one on the search results was 2018 so I wouldn't hold your breath.



  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Speaking of the game of the year, I know this isn't the thread, but does anyone know if we are doing the goty thread that seems to pop up every year around this time?
    Most recent one on the search results was 2018 so I wouldn't hold your breath.

    Yeah. For reasons it hasn't been done here the last few years.

    Elvenshae
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Neat, got the 8th Anniversary badge. Have I really been here that long?

    Tell us stories of the old days. Tell us about how the world coped with Battlefield 4's misleading trailers and buggy launch.

    Well I don't know much about game trivia like that but I can tell you of the time Isy won a game of Cards Against Humanity with the following entry.

    Isy: I have nothing for this hand so I'm going to throw out these two useless cards.

    "The hardest part of an Oedipus complex is overpowering your dad."

    Players: *laughing so hard we're crying*

    Isy: Guys? What's an Oedipus complex? *Google's it* OH DAMMIT.

    Players: *laughing harder*

    BetsuniPolaritiecB557JaysonFourcooljammer00IoloTalus9952SmokeStacksIanatorBig ClassyRoyceSraphimStabbity Styledestroyah87Joe Camacho MKIIElvenshaeStollsEvmaAlsaremp123FencingsaxMaguanoübergeekMugsleybloodatonementDarkPrimusKoopahTroopahAistanKalnaurDonnictonan_altMassenaCorsiniAuralynxJazzElementWrathdresdenphileSnicketysnick
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Neat, got the 8th Anniversary badge. Have I really been here that long?

    Tell us stories of the old days. Tell us about how the world coped with Battlefield 4's misleading trailers and buggy launch.

    Well I don't know much about game trivia like that but I can tell you of the time Isy won a game of Cards Against Humanity with the following entry.

    Isy: I have nothing for this hand so I'm going to throw out these two useless cards.

    "The hardest part of an Oedipus complex is overpowering your dad."

    Players: *laughing so hard we're crying*

    Isy: Guys? What's an Oedipus complex? *Google's it* OH DAMMIT.

    Players: *laughing harder*

    I... I had to look what that meant up as well.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Big ClassyRoyceSraphimElvenshaeMugsleyKalnaurJazz
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Neat, got the 8th Anniversary badge. Have I really been here that long?

    Tell us stories of the old days. Tell us about how the world coped with Battlefield 4's misleading trailers and buggy launch.

    Well I don't know much about game trivia like that but I can tell you of the time Isy won a game of Cards Against Humanity with the following entry.

    Isy: I have nothing for this hand so I'm going to throw out these two useless cards.

    "The hardest part of an Oedipus complex is overpowering your dad."

    Players: *laughing so hard we're crying*

    Isy: Guys? What's an Oedipus complex? *Google's it* OH DAMMIT.

    Players: *laughing harder*

    I still tell people this story whenever I play CaH.

    gRAhjXV.gif
    ElvenshaeJaysonFourIoloCantidoFencingsaxBetsuniMugsleyDarkPrimusKoopahTroopahKalnaurDonnictonTalus9952JazzElementWrath
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You bastards.

    destroyah87ElvenshaeKarozMadicanJaysonFourIoloBetsuniMugsleyIanatorbloodatonementDrovekKoopahTroopahKalnaurBurnageTalus9952JazzElementWrath
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Huzzah vacation pay, stimulous check, and bonus check.

    Booo paying off remainder of car loan from my ford mom wrecked this summer.

    Easy come, easy go.

    Dipped back into titan quest to grind a little so I can beat the final vanilla boss. Why did I save all these green and blues?

    KarozBetsunian_alt
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Speaking of the game of the year, I know this isn't the thread, but does anyone know if we are doing the goty thread that seems to pop up every year around this time?
    Most recent one on the search results was 2018 so I wouldn't hold your breath.

    Damn, I guess you're right. That's a shame. Could have sworn we had one last year.

    Steam: offday
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 10
    That play is a million times better because it was accidental. My god.

    Edit: So, looks like I get to take a week off work, after all. I'm looking to try my hand at streaming, and now that I've got free time enough to do so I'm planning to attempt a 12 hour stream of XCOM 2 this Wednesday the 13th. Twitch link is in my sig but I'll post again once I'm sure of the starting time. Come along! I can pretty princess dress-up a resistance fighter and name them after you so you can die a mission later have a part in saving Earf from the foul xenos!

    EvmaAlsar on
    6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
    MirkelIanatorMugsleyKarozIoloKalnaurStollsEd Gruberman
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Add my name to the list, in case I miss your stream!

    EvmaAlsarRoyceSraphim
  • InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So, Suspended.
    Reading this made me decide to check out the InvisiClues for this game(I've never managed to beat it myself, though I originally played it long ago. Never revisited it with any of the rereleases I've gotten over the years).
    cB557 wrote: »
    • The area with the filtering computers becomes hazardous to traverse. I think it fills with acid, though I forget if I confirmed that or just assumed. on the lower level, there's something spraying acid up above it that I think is the source of this. However, my robots don't seem to be able to reach it, and if they could I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

    From the InvisiClue:
      [*] well, you could always try umbrellas...
      [*] Unfortunately, there are no umbrellas in the game.
      [*] Use the game board to determine what's immediately under the cavernous room.
      [*] Try turning the wheel in the maintenance area below the FCs.
      [*] Can't reach the wheel? Try standing on the wedge.
      [*] Still can't reach the wheel? Try getting people to help.

      cB557RoyceSraphim
    • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
      cB557 wrote: »
      So, Suspended.
      Reading this made me decide to check out the InvisiClues for this game(I've never managed to beat it myself, though I originally played it long ago. Never revisited it with any of the rereleases I've gotten over the years).
      cB557 wrote: »
      • The area with the filtering computers becomes hazardous to traverse. I think it fills with acid, though I forget if I confirmed that or just assumed. on the lower level, there's something spraying acid up above it that I think is the source of this. However, my robots don't seem to be able to reach it, and if they could I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

      From the InvisiClue:
        [*] well, you could always try umbrellas...
        [*] Unfortunately, there are no umbrellas in the game.
        [*] Use the game board to determine what's immediately under the cavernous room.
        [*] Try turning the wheel in the maintenance area below the FCs.
        [*] Can't reach the wheel? Try standing on the wedge.
        [*] Still can't reach the wheel? Try getting people to help.

        Was anybody else a little disappointed that the deepest spoiler didn't tag Corrigan?

        6YAcQE8.png
        Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
        Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
        MugsleySpoitIanatorJaysonFour
      • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
        EvmaAlsar wrote: »
        cB557 wrote: »
        So, Suspended. @CorriganX
        Reading this made me decide to check out the InvisiClues for this game(I've never managed to beat it myself, though I originally played it long ago. Never revisited it with any of the rereleases I've gotten over the years).
        cB557 wrote: »
        • The area with the filtering computers becomes hazardous to traverse. I think it fills with acid, though I forget if I confirmed that or just assumed. on the lower level, there's something spraying acid up above it that I think is the source of this. However, my robots don't seem to be able to reach it, and if they could I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

        From the InvisiClue:
          [*] well, you could always try umbrellas...
          [*] Unfortunately, there are no umbrellas in the game.
          [*] Use the game board to determine what's immediately under the cavernous room.
          [*] Try turning the wheel in the maintenance area below the FCs.
          [*] Can't reach the wheel? Try standing on the wedge.
          [*] Still can't reach the wheel? Try getting people to help.

          Was anybody else a little disappointed that the deepest spoiler didn't tag Corrigan?

          It didn't?

          camo_sig2.png
          MugsleyMaguanoKoopahTroopahRoyceSraphimElementWrath
        • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
          DaringDirk wrote: »
          EvmaAlsar wrote: »
          cB557 wrote: »
          So, Suspended. @CorriganX
          Reading this made me decide to check out the InvisiClues for this game(I've never managed to beat it myself, though I originally played it long ago. Never revisited it with any of the rereleases I've gotten over the years).
          cB557 wrote: »
          • The area with the filtering computers becomes hazardous to traverse. I think it fills with acid, though I forget if I confirmed that or just assumed. on the lower level, there's something spraying acid up above it that I think is the source of this. However, my robots don't seem to be able to reach it, and if they could I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

          From the InvisiClue:
            [*] well, you could always try umbrellas...
            [*] Unfortunately, there are no umbrellas in the game.
            [*] Use the game board to determine what's immediately under the cavernous room.
            [*] Try turning the wheel in the maintenance area below the FCs.
            [*] Can't reach the wheel? Try standing on the wedge.
            [*] Still can't reach the wheel? Try getting people to help.
            Was anybody else a little disappointed that the deepest spoiler didn't tag Corrigan?

            It didn't?

            Not that I saw.

            I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
            steam_sig.png

          • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
            My 2020 Steam game of the year would be Cyberpunk 2077 by default because it's the only 2020 game I've played this year. A huge thank you to @Fanda for that. Even though it wins by default, I'm really enjoying it even on my i5-4670/970 PC. The biggest annoyances I've found so far are small things like not being able to pick up items that the UI says I should be able to pick up, the guide not being more helpful (just steal the Saints Row navigation system), and driving being terrible in general. On the upside, it feels like Deus Ex with so many different, viable ways to get things done. The writing is strong and shows different perspectives that seem to fit the game's world. As is, the game is really, really good. Though I do wish the developers had a bit more time for polish to make it the hands-down GoTY 2021.

            My personal Steam GoTY would be Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. Thanks to @Karoz for putting that in my library. It's an SRPG along the lines of FFT. With a budget on the opposite end of the spectrum from CP2077, it has a good battle system and a great class/job system. It has the basic melee, ranged, and magic attacks, some neat status effects, and the usual advantages for attacks from the back or above. Not groundbreaking, but solid. The class/job system is great - each character progresses in a class, but the classes top out quickly, so it's best to put the character into a different class and level. Most classes have entry requirements so there are two meta games - maneuvering each character through different classes and making sure you have all the roles filled at any time. Each character has access to everything unlocked in their current class, most things from their secondary class, and a few things from any class they've unlocked. I can't think of any game in the last few years that's had me spending so much time out of game thinking and planning builds. While not a narrative heavy game, the writing in this one is pretty solid and the characters are enjoyable.

            Pony wrote:
            I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
            Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
            If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
            KarozIoloPoketpixieMaguanoMNC DoverTalus9952StollsRoyceSraphimJazz
          This discussion has been closed.