As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    My current party has a cat in a ranger hat

Why did you bury this in the middle of your post you should have lead with it.

Oh that's just the start of it, friend. Did I mention you can pet the cat?

[img]https ://i.imgur.com/X8K9Wuj.jpg[/img]

Because you can pet the cat. You can also recruit more cats, including some that are just running around your headquarters doing cat things. Other animal friends include bunnies, wolves, foxes, pigs, deer, goats, two-headed goats, bear cubs, and a honey badger. This list is not comprehensive, and each animal gives you a unique bonus in addition to fighting for you. And yes, you can pet them all too.

Check this game out people it fucking rules.

Should probably post the name of the game you're recommending :P

I mean

the entire original post was a fairly lengthy review of Wasteland 3?

It wasn't in the quote chain and it wasn't on this page, therefore it was lost to time.

k45pwcdyinpr.jpg

TYL! :D

Huh, TIL.

I found it sad that I had to look both of those up to figure out what was written there. Ok, so I guessed on @Stabbity Style 's response from what I discovered what "TYL" was an acronym for.

I feel old now realizing that one day I'll have to look up everything written on the Internet.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    My current party has a cat in a ranger hat

Why did you bury this in the middle of your post you should have lead with it.

Oh that's just the start of it, friend. Did I mention you can pet the cat?

[img]https ://i.imgur.com/X8K9Wuj.jpg[/img]

Because you can pet the cat. You can also recruit more cats, including some that are just running around your headquarters doing cat things. Other animal friends include bunnies, wolves, foxes, pigs, deer, goats, two-headed goats, bear cubs, and a honey badger. This list is not comprehensive, and each animal gives you a unique bonus in addition to fighting for you. And yes, you can pet them all too.

Check this game out people it fucking rules.

Should probably post the name of the game you're recommending :P

I mean

the entire original post was a fairly lengthy review of Wasteland 3?

It wasn't in the quote chain and it wasn't on this page, therefore it was lost to time.

k45pwcdyinpr.jpg

TYL! :D

Huh, TIL.

I found it sad that I had to look both of those up to figure out what was written there. Ok, so I guessed on @Stabbity Style 's response from what I discovered what "TYL" was an acronym for.

I feel old now realizing that one day I'll have to look up everything written on the Internet.

Every time I get into Steam Chat I'm basically just asking what people are saying/talking about.

I figure this means I should start pricing out nursing homes.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'd bet a dozen cupcakes I'm older than both of you. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Just started playing Horizon Zero Dawn! Having a great time. My one complaint: for some reason the camera keeps drifting to the left? What's with that?

You are in for a treat. HZD is something special. <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I’ll bet you two dozen cupcakes that I’m older than all three of you.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I think I don't want to take any bets and just make myself cupcakes instead.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I bet you they taste good.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I bet you they taste good.

No bet, and hands off.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

Hm... I might take this bet... ;)

But only if you share the cupcakes if I lose.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Iolo wrote: »
    Just started playing Horizon Zero Dawn! Having a great time. My one complaint: for some reason the camera keeps drifting to the left? What's with that?

And something worth taking the time to explore thoroughly for all the various lore and story bits. The side story told through the Vantage Points continues to haunt me several months later.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

I think you said your age before and I think you were just a bit older than I was. Then again I forget a lot of things these days.

Ok, I seriously do remember that I was older than you.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm 41.

Anyways. My son is vastly annoyed that all screens aren't touchscreens, case in point he keeps trying to tap the Hollow Knight cover in Steam because Hollow Knight is his favorite game of all time. Not that I'm good at it, my wife is, I'm not so much. And every time he taps it and it doesn't respond, he gets 4 year old frustrated about it for about 5 seconds.

Then he tries to take my mouse away from me to scroll over to it but he's not exactly accurate with the mouse, so he ends up clicking on a different game.

Then, when I go back to the main library page he starts to tap Hollow Knight and then give me the look. This expectant look. Like, "well, this is your machine, make it work, dad". And if I click on it, he starts running around saying "yay yay yay!"

It gives me joy, I'm sharing that joy with you all.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur

I turned 45 three days ago. Are we splitting cupcakes?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Am 48.

My preferred cupcakes are strawberry frosted. I'll PM you an address. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    #Pixie3Kcakes

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    51 in a few months. I, uh, win?

Am 48.

Fair enough, I'm a man of my word. Cupcakes will 100% come to your house if you PM me your address.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

You and @Drake are the only two forumers I know are older than me.

Speaking of... anyone know where Drake disappeared to? Haven't seen him in, like, forever. :(

@MNC Dover - I'll let you off the hook on this one, if only because I really really don't need any cupcakes right now. I'm still recovering from holiday foods! :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Damn, it's looking like Planetside 2 doesn't have a lot of middleground between the "be a whale" and "play for thousands of hours" options if I want to really try a bunch of stuff in it. Like a bundle of 15 guns costs $70.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal.

edited January 2021

You and Drake are the only two forumers I know are older than me.

Speaking of... anyone know where Drake disappeared to? Haven't seen him in, like, forever. :(

"MNC Dover" - I'll let you off the hook on this one, if only because I really really don't need any cupcakes right now. I'm still recovering from holiday foods! :lol:

Fair enough. If you change your mind, let me know. In the meantime....

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    cB557 wrote: »
    Damn, it's looking like Planetside 2 doesn't have a lot of middleground between the "be a whale" and "play for thousands of hours" options if I want to really try a bunch of stuff in it. Like a bundle of 15 guns costs $70.

Yeah, I think that's what sorta drove me away eventually when it first launched (that and my computer at the time couldn't really run it and my internet was finicky, though the latter lead to some amusing surreal moments with people and vehicles flying off without gravity or friction when I started to dc, especially with any Vanu craft around)

If you check youtube, there are probably a few videos of people with the disposable income doing side-by-side comparisons between the latest premium guns and the stock weapons/low-hanging fruit. I know even back there there were a few that were basically "all-round performance wise it's just like X, only it jerks to the left instead of up and right." That should help you zone in on new weapons that actually *feel* different in combat, rather than something that you can only really tell works differently from what you have in a firing range.

Probably why I just stuck with engineer class and the super-modular rifle they can get, though I did toss them a couple of $ for a bullet hose to bring to smaller outposts.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    This thread makes me feel a lot better about turning 41 last week. buncha olds round here

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/

Am 48.

Funny, yeah ok Pixie is older than me by a few years. I was 45 in 2020 so yeap older than Dover.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah ok, should have seen that coming.

@MNC Dover and @destroyah87 both gifted me a game called 100 Hidden Cupcakes.

Because of course they did. :lol:

Emails say Dover got there first, though.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

I'll bet you a red velvet cake that at least one of you is older than the others.

5gsowHm.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    The olds are outing themselves, rise up fellow younguns!

https://youtu.be/W-BWLmikw2Y

Mulletude wrote: »
    This thread makes me feel a lot better about turning 41 last week. buncha olds round here

ev5j2a9t7b03.gif

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Mulletude wrote: »

ev5j2a9t7b03.gif

....no, i refuse.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

And something worth taking the time to explore thoroughly for all the various lore and story bits. The side story told through the Vantage Points continues to haunt me several months later.

Thankfully, I am one of those people who is like GIVE ME THE LORE BITS AAAA omnomnom.

I'm basically just past the "tutorial zone" but still in the Sacred Lands; I'm one of those people who is like MUST... DO... EVERY SIDEQUEST... AND MAP AREA... BEFORE MOVING ON WITH PLOT...
    I have to say though, holy crap, the end of the Tutorial Zone is a WELL, THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY D: I was NOT expecting the Plucky YA Novel Rivals to IMMEDIATELY die. I was also hoping that Rost would live in a subversion of the usual "your mentor dies!" thing but ah well. The game thus far really reads like an early 2000s YA novel -- female protagonist Chosen One (even if the specific way she's the Chosen One is subverted) who is Good at All the Things, but Also a Bullied Outcast! Note that I don't think that's a *bad* thing; I think YA is a much-maligned genre, and I've got quite a few favorites in there. And, in fact, I actually think we need more video games that are YA novels; it's actually a pretty refreshing change from the usual... usualness. Also, the game notably seems to be *avoiding* another cliche of the YA novel -- bad shoehorned in love triangle.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Yeah ok, should have seen that coming.

"MNC Dover" and destroyah87 both gifted me a game called 100 Hidden Cupcakes.

Because of course they did. :lol:

Emails say Dover got there first, though.

Thanks! <3<3<3

Destroyah: "That's a good gift. Goodbye Mr. Dover."

https://youtu.be/fpkz047b-qU

Dover: "It's all in the reflexes."

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So, question - I used to love sims 3 back in the day, I have all the expansions and played it a ton. I never really got into Sims 4 at all though much because I had other things going on when it was released.

I feel like messing with a sims game, is there any particular reason to pick up 4 and a couple of expansions or should I just reinstall 3 and maybe some mods?

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    What is it when you're not young and you're not old? Is this like age purgatory?

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

hey don't be nursing-home-shaming me!

We all had our youth at some point, yours just lasted longer!

Also who are you and what are you saying? I can't read any of this without my glasses.

Also where are my glasses?

Twitch: Thawmus83
    What is it when you're not young and you're not old? Is this like age purgatory?

Self-delusion.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    9vu1jlweb2wf.jpg

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    @HiT BiT You're a treasure. And that's what I appreciates about you.

Also, thank you for the steam profile art!

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    So, question - I used to love sims 3 back in the day, I have all the expansions and played it a ton. I never really got into Sims 4 at all though much because I had other things going on when it was released.

I feel like messing with a sims game, is there any particular reason to pick up 4 and a couple of expansions or should I just reinstall 3 and maybe some mods?

3 is probably still the more complete game as 4 has one again piecemealed the DLC even further. But it does have the new feature of moods and cuts down on some of the loading so there's good and bad.

If on sale, I'd say grab the base game and see if it grabs you. There is enough there to keep you entertained for a bit if you just play in short bursts like I do.

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I think we need to enlist @Berylline to investigate the New Squirrel Order

Hello! Yes, this game is on my radar.

Speaking of other nature-y games about observing wildlife, and the thread title, one of my absolute favorites last year (along with FFVIIR and Spiritfarer) was Alba: A Wildlife Adventure. I don't think it got much buzz, but it's delightful. You play a young girl visiting your grandparents on an island near Spain, and the local run-down nature reserve is about to be torn down and turned into a luxury hotel. You decide to do what you can to help, going out to make a record of the wildlife you see and both inspire other residents and convince them to sign your petition. You have a smartphone to take pictures of the animals, which helps to identify them and you get a proper nature guide book, describing which animals can be found in different habitats. It even plays their calls. <3 You also run around helping the animals and fixing up birdhouses, etc. This one is very kid friendly and the kind of game both kids and adults could have fun with. Just be aware that it is on the shorter end. It took me a bit under six hours (while streaming and chatting and finding all of the animals in the game), so it could have been even shorter, especially if you're just following the main story. That wasn't a drawback for me though. Highly recommended!

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

Thankfully, I am one of those people who is like GIVE ME THE LORE BITS AAAA omnomnom.

I'm basically just past the "tutorial zone" but still in the Sacred Lands; I'm one of those people who is like MUST... DO... EVERY SIDEQUEST... AND MAP AREA... BEFORE MOVING ON WITH PLOT...
    I have to say though, holy crap, the end of the Tutorial Zone is a WELL, THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY D: I was NOT expecting the Plucky YA Novel Rivals to IMMEDIATELY die. I was also hoping that Rost would live in a subversion of the usual "your mentor dies!" thing but ah well. The game thus far really reads like an early 2000s YA novel -- female protagonist Chosen One (even if the specific way she's the Chosen One is subverted) who is Good at All the Things, but Also a Bullied Outcast! Note that I don't think that's a *bad* thing; I think YA is a much-maligned genre, and I've got quite a few favorites in there. And, in fact, I actually think we need more video games that are YA novels; it's actually a pretty refreshing change from the usual... usualness. Also, the game notably seems to be *avoiding* another cliche of the YA novel -- bad shoehorned in love triangle.

Been playing it myself, and...
    I think the shoehorned love triangle gets subverted as well, as all of the likely candidates I've met that show interest are all "maybe someday when you aren't doing your Chosen One Seeker thing, but only if you're up for it" or basically get (gently... potentially) told off by Aloy when it's obvious where it is going.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.