As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

1818284868799

Posts

  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, that disputed version of The Sinking City that just got released on Steam?


    That feels like the sort of take they shouldn’t be publishing without a lawyer reading it first.

    PolaritieCommander ZoomKoopahTroopahcB557JaysonFourStollsBetsunijungleroomxIanator
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Why start now? :p

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Huh, league of maidens released.... neat

  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Cupcake Sorceress Registered User regular
    Huh, league of maidens released.... neat

    You say that like it's a good thing... :razz:

  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Well, i thought from the trailer it would be earth defense force except against giant monster women instead of...that.

    Heard about the sliders and was curious

  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Those were enormous boobs right there.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

    KoopahTroopahStabbity StyleElvenshae
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Huh, league of maidens released.... neat

    You say that like it's a good thing... :razz:

    I gave it a try, simply because I've been watching it sit there in the upcoming games list for literally years and couldn't quite believe it was a thing that actually existed.

    - One of those character creators that combines a high level of customizability with no one ever saying "So, uh, what does it look like when you try to make a black person in this?"
    - The game itself is basically a single player only version of the worst kind of free-to-play pc/mobile MMOs, from the barren "kill seex snow mooze" gameplay to the overstuffed UI to the multiple obtuse and confusing level-up systems and currencies.
    - Free to play! Want nudity? That'll be at least fifteen dollars, thanks.

    Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Huh, league of maidens released.... neat

    You say that like it's a good thing... :razz:

    I gave it a try, simply because I've been watching it sit there in the upcoming games list for literally years and couldn't quite believe it was a thing that actually existed.

    - One of those character creators that combines a high level of customizability with no one ever saying "So, uh, what does it look like when you try to make a black person in this?"
    - The game itself is basically a single player only version of the worst kind of free-to-play pc/mobile MMOs, from the barren "kill seex snow mooze" gameplay to the overstuffed UI to the multiple obtuse and confusing level-up systems and currencies.
    - Free to play! Want nudity? That'll be at least fifteen dollars, thanks.

    🤯

    Are we talking, to quote Yahtzee, "....white person dipped in tea?"

  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Those were enormous boobs right there.

    89 screenshots with the boob size going up by a size per screenshot, starting from some sort of 150QQ cup size or whatever anti-grav devices those things need.

    KalnaurElvenshaePixelated PixieKoopahTroopah
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2
    Just got a new GPU to replace the one I bought cheap back when I wasn't sure how this return to PC gaming would go. Benchmarks were promising, so GTA5 and Project Wingman, here I come. Right after I finish Mirror's Edge. Man, what a gorgeous game. Also one that really benefits from not being kneecapped by old console framerates. I'm having an easier time picking it up again than I did 10 years ago, when I went back to do the time trials on 360.

    Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    RoyceSraphimCommander ZoomIoloJazzDrovekBetsuniKoopahTroopah
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Those were enormous boobs right there.

    I try not to be all judgy and shit, but some developers really need to get out more.

    cB557FencingsaxCommander ZoomThawmusPixelated PixieJazzStollsjungleroomxKoopahTroopah
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I noticed I have been less stressed at work after I switched out terraria for Reccetear for my weekday gaming fix.

    Dungeons' drop rate is abysmal and entire bit needs to be rebalanced due to being untenable while you have debt

    But its fun and scratches and itch.

  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I guess there's some tricks you can do to get some money out of dungeons early, but it's pretty bad for time spent on a whole. I got as far as grif and nearly beat him then I messed up and died and haven't played since.

    the one thing I don't like about it is the little tutorial sabotages new players by actively encouraging haggling with people, which fuck up your combos and makes things way harder. that and you always have to make your shop a dark atmosphere so that stupid fucking scam woman never comes around

    RoyceSraphimTofystedeth
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Those were enormous boobs right there.

    I try not to be all judgy and shit, but some developers really need to get out more.

    Maybe wait a bit on getting out more given current events.

    I imagine even ridiculous lewds have a larger than normal market right now.

    Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    ElvenshaeRoyceSraphimJazzDrovekStollsKalnaurKoopahTroopah
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    gRAhjXV.gif
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, I forgot to mention, I was pretty stoked about The Sinking City when I first saw trailers a while back. While I am normally the kind of person who staunchly advocates for separating Art from Artist, but (assuming what Frogwares is claiming is true) selling the game on Steam while you're in the middle of legal disputes is a pretty shady move, doubly so if the master you are selling is a copy of the game that you bought from a completely different storefront and then hacked. I know it looks rad, and I know it's on sale for only $16, but I have to be strong and wait.
    Just got a new GPU to replace the one I bought cheap back when I wasn't sure how this return to PC gaming would go. Benchmarks were promising, so GTA5 and Project Wingman, here I come. Right after I finish Mirror's Edge. Man, what a gorgeous game. Also one that really benefits from not being kneecapped by old console framerates. I'm having an easier time picking it up again than I did 10 years ago, when I went back to do the time trials on 360.

    What GPU did you get? My favorite part of getting a new piece of hardware (especially a new GPU) is not only playing new games that I wasn't able to play before, but playing old games that ran like crap and seeing what they're like at max settings and much better framerates.

    gRAhjXV.gif
    Florin
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    Really? From what I've seen, the lack of body size variety is a common complaint, for male and female characters.

    I mean, look at the first few Gears of War games. #1 complaint I've seen about that artstyle is that the male characters are all ridiculously jacked. (Well, maybe #2 after "This is grey as hell")

    ElvenshaeJazzdestroyah87KalnaurcB557KoopahTroopah
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    Jars on
    Steel AngelcB557
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    I just did a GIS for "astolfo" and I think I'm on a list now.

    gRAhjXV.gif
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    (another list)

    gRAhjXV.gif
    an_altMugsleyKoopahTroopahTalus9952
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    I've heard far more disgust at that body type from heterosexual and bisexual women that I've heard admiration. Big McLargeHuge is more power fantasy for boys and men then it is a eye candy for women.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    ElvenshaeMadicanMorninglordJazzironzergKalnaurcB557KoopahTroopah
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT Fresh, straight from Pac-man's 🍒 Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Warning to those who might be getting Humble Choice tomorrow.
    The Steam page of Control has been updated to add the Standard Edition and has swapped the price of the Ultimate Edition to it. It's likely that only the Standard Edition will be given in the HC:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control_Ultimate_Edition/

    HiT BiT on
    Karoz
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Warning to those who might be getting Humble Choice tomorrow.
    The Steam page of Control has been updated to add the Standard Edition and has swapped the price of the Ultimate Edition to it. It's likely that only the Standard Edition will be given in the HC:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control_Ultimate_Edition/

    Oh, I was wondering why they'd suddenly added the expansions as separate DLC.
    Are we talking, to quote Yahtzee, "....white person dipped in tea?"

    Bingo.

    Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I guess there's some tricks you can do to get some money out of dungeons early, but it's pretty bad for time spent on a whole. I got as far as grif and nearly beat him then I messed up and died and haven't played since.

    the one thing I don't like about it is the little tutorial sabotages new players by actively encouraging haggling with people, which fuck up your combos and makes things way harder. that and you always have to make your shop a dark atmosphere so that stupid fucking scam woman never comes around

    The furthest I got was charm before I beat the debt, never even saw the priest, the mage, the lancer, or the Archer

  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Jars wrote: »
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    I've heard far more disgust at that body type from heterosexual and bisexual women that I've heard admiration. Big McLargeHuge is more power fantasy for boys and men then it is a eye candy for women.

    I was going to say the real equivalent would be Conan Exiles, but honestly the real equivalent would be the early Cyberpunk bug where body parts weren’t hiding themselves correctly with certain outfits so people were running around otherwise dressed reasonably appropriately with massive dongs hanging out for no reason.

    Jealous Deva on
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Just got a new GPU to replace the one I bought cheap back when I wasn't sure how this return to PC gaming would go. Benchmarks were promising, so GTA5 and Project Wingman, here I come. Right after I finish Mirror's Edge. Man, what a gorgeous game. Also one that really benefits from not being kneecapped by old console framerates. I'm having an easier time picking it up again than I did 10 years ago, when I went back to do the time trials on 360.

    What GPU did you get? My favorite part of getting a new piece of hardware (especially a new GPU) is not only playing new games that I wasn't able to play before, but playing old games that ran like crap and seeing what they're like at max settings and much better framerates.

    Just a low-profile GTX 1050Ti. But I'm very pleased with how it's performing, considering I just dropped it, with some more RAM and an SSD, into an SFF PC with an i5 that I bought dirt cheap a year ago for ripping my DVD collection. This ultra budget setup looks like it'll hold me over until I go 4K with a purpose-built gaming rig.

    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    SmokeStacksJazzRoyceSraphimIoloBetsuniKoopahTroopahFencingsax
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    I've heard far more disgust at that body type from heterosexual and bisexual women that I've heard admiration. Big McLargeHuge is more power fantasy for boys and men then it is a eye candy for women.

    I was going to say the real equivalent would be Conan Exiles, but honestly the real equivalent would be the early Cyberpunk bug where body parts weren’t hiding themselves correctly with certain outfits so people were running around otherwise dressed reasonably appropriately with massive dongs hanging out for no reason.

    Power fantasy or sexual fantasy, they're both still unrealistic body standards. An unrealistic body standard double standard. I'd go so far as to say that something like League of Maidens is less harmful to a female's body image than your average super cut male protagonist is for a male's, solely based on the fact that the bodies in LoM are so outlandishly unattainable that they're cartoonish.
    Just a low-profile GTX 1050Ti. But I'm very pleased with how it's performing, considering I just dropped it, with some more RAM and an SSD, into an SFF PC with an i5 that I bought dirt cheap a year ago for ripping my DVD collection. This ultra budget setup looks like it'll hold me over until I go 4K with a purpose-built gaming rig.

    Nice. A friend of mine has a 1050ti and he played through the new Tomb Raider trilogy with it. He had to lower some settings, but he got them running fairly well. It also handled Just Cause 3 fairly well at 1080p.

    gRAhjXV.gif
  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    @Zoku Gojira I'd be interested to hear more about your uncertainty about returning to PC gaming. Sounds like there's an interesting story there.

  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i want this RIGHT MEOW


    please don't suck
    !

    IoloBetsuniRoyceSraphimStollsZoku GojiraKoopahTroopahbloodatonement
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    i want this RIGHT MEOW


    please don't suck
    !

    Narrarator: It will.

    ElvenshaeDrovekBetsuniCorsiniRoyceSraphimKoopahTroopahFencingsax
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I guess there's some tricks you can do to get some money out of dungeons early, but it's pretty bad for time spent on a whole. I got as far as grif and nearly beat him then I messed up and died and haven't played since.

    the one thing I don't like about it is the little tutorial sabotages new players by actively encouraging haggling with people, which fuck up your combos and makes things way harder. that and you always have to make your shop a dark atmosphere so that stupid fucking scam woman never comes around

    Haggling is an important part of the game but you do need to figure out the different ranges different character types accept. Without it, combos are worth a lot less. Just as importantly, customer reputation increases a lot faster when you hit the sweet spot for their haggling percentages. Reputation boosts a character type's budget so they'll be able to afford more expensive items. Unfortunately the notification you get that you hit or almost hit (which is still a bonus over not hitting) a customer's sweet spot is not explained. I had no idea what "Just Bonus" and "Near Pin" meant before looking those up.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hey, is there literally any point to the Steam trading card thingies other than... I don't know, a weird collection hobby where you're collecting a thing that doesn't even really exist (unlike, say, baseball cards) and isn't part of any sort of game (unlike, say, M:tG cards, or cosmetics for characters in online multiplayer games where other people will see you being shiny)

    Apparently you can sell them for a few cents credit to your Steam account? If there's literally no purpose to them other than being random vanity items on my Steam account, I figure I might as well get the $0.09 cents of store credit or whatever.

    The Escape Goat: If there's anywhere that Occam's Razor fails to apply it's Elder Scrolls lore.
    Delduwath: Yeah, gotta use Mehrunes' Razor.
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Steam cards are mostly useless and there's not much reason not sell them. You can craft badgers out of them, which levels up your account and increases the max size of your friend list.

    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    destroyah87KoopahTroopah
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2
    Iolo wrote: »
    Steam cards are mostly useless and there's not much reason not sell them. You can craft badgers out of them, which levels up your account and increases the max size of your friend list.

    Wow I literally don't care about the social aspects of steam at all, so, might as well sell 'em.

    *edit* I did have one Badge I could craft, and because it was Transistor, I was like actually okay, I'll do that. But I have no interest in trading for other crap and so since I don't have any other sets, /shrug

    Lucid_Seraph on
    The Escape Goat: If there's anywhere that Occam's Razor fails to apply it's Elder Scrolls lore.
    Delduwath: Yeah, gotta use Mehrunes' Razor.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Steam cards are mostly useless and there's not much reason not sell them. You can craft badgers out of them, which levels up your account and increases the max size of your friend list.

    Wow I literally don't care about the social aspects of steam at all, so, might as well sell 'em.

    *edit* I did have one Badge I could craft, and because it was Transistor, I was like actually okay, I'll do that. But I have no interest in trading for other crap and so since I don't have any other sets, /shrug

    The only function Steam Cards serve is to earn Valve money on every buy/sell transaction. The whole scheme is literally designed for their benefit, not yours.

    Lucid_SeraphAuralynxCorsiniAistanSmokeStacksStollsKoopahTroopahcooljammer00FencingsaxBurnage
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    I've heard far more disgust at that body type from heterosexual and bisexual women that I've heard admiration. Big McLargeHuge is more power fantasy for boys and men then it is a eye candy for women.

    I mean, tastes vary wildly, because people, but on average, "female aimed dude character design" is probably going to look closer to Final Fantasy than Gears of War.

    Really, FF has been pretty lady-targeted since after 10 or so, and by and large it has only helped the series.

    Steam ID: Right here.
    Lucid_SeraphJazzSteel AngelCommander ZoomKalnaurAistanStabbity StylecB557StollsJaysonFourKoopahTroopahFencingsax
  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    I've heard far more disgust at that body type from heterosexual and bisexual women that I've heard admiration. Big McLargeHuge is more power fantasy for boys and men then it is a eye candy for women.

    I mean, tastes vary wildly, because people, but on average, "female aimed dude character design" is probably going to look closer to Final Fantasy than Gears of War.

    Really, FF has been pretty lady-targeted since after 10 or so, and by and large it has only helped the series.

    See also Raiden as he appeared in Metal Gear Solid 2.

    KalnaurAistancB557KoopahTroopahFencingsax
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I guess there's some tricks you can do to get some money out of dungeons early, but it's pretty bad for time spent on a whole. I got as far as grif and nearly beat him then I messed up and died and haven't played since.

    the one thing I don't like about it is the little tutorial sabotages new players by actively encouraging haggling with people, which fuck up your combos and makes things way harder. that and you always have to make your shop a dark atmosphere so that stupid fucking scam woman never comes around

    Haggling is an important part of the game but you do need to figure out the different ranges different character types accept. Without it, combos are worth a lot less. Just as importantly, customer reputation increases a lot faster when you hit the sweet spot for their haggling percentages. Reputation boosts a character type's budget so they'll be able to afford more expensive items. Unfortunately the notification you get that you hit or almost hit (which is still a bonus over not hitting) a customer's sweet spot is not explained. I had no idea what "Just Bonus" and "Near Pin" meant before looking those up.

    you always want to offer a price that they will accept the first time, otherwise it breaks your combo. you might get a little more money haggling, but in the end you want the combo exp more because it unlocks features you need to make the big money. the other part that is essential is raising people wallets, because early on the little girl can only afford items <250, which is nothing. but that jumps to like 3000 once you sell her enough stuff.

    if you try to haggle and don't know about combos you almost certainly will fail to pay off the debt your first playthrough and that probably turns people off

  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Never pre-order anything. Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Jars wrote: »
    I've noticed that people complain a lot about colossal tiddies in videogames, but no one has a problem when every male character in every game ever has a super defined sixpack, colossal pecs, biceps as big as their head, and a jawline sharp enough to cut steel.

    League of Maidens looks like a game by and for horny 13 year olds, we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

    mostly because big mclarge isn't actually that attractive of a body type. now if every guy looked like astolfo, well then

    So the guitarist for Deviloof?

    hhq0yj5cv0fz.png

    (visual kei is so rad)

    jungleroomx on
    npgf5tyafjv0.png
    PoketpixieJazzCantidoKoopahTroopahcooljammer00Fencingsax
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Jars wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    I guess there's some tricks you can do to get some money out of dungeons early, but it's pretty bad for time spent on a whole. I got as far as grif and nearly beat him then I messed up and died and haven't played since.

    the one thing I don't like about it is the little tutorial sabotages new players by actively encouraging haggling with people, which fuck up your combos and makes things way harder. that and you always have to make your shop a dark atmosphere so that stupid fucking scam woman never comes around

    Haggling is an important part of the game but you do need to figure out the different ranges different character types accept. Without it, combos are worth a lot less. Just as importantly, customer reputation increases a lot faster when you hit the sweet spot for their haggling percentages. Reputation boosts a character type's budget so they'll be able to afford more expensive items. Unfortunately the notification you get that you hit or almost hit (which is still a bonus over not hitting) a customer's sweet spot is not explained. I had no idea what "Just Bonus" and "Near Pin" meant before looking those up.

    you always want to offer a price that they will accept the first time, otherwise it breaks your combo. you might get a little more money haggling, but in the end you want the combo exp more because it unlocks features you need to make the big money. the other part that is essential is raising people wallets, because early on the little girl can only afford items <250, which is nothing. but that jumps to like 3000 once you sell her enough stuff.

    if you try to haggle and don't know about combos you almost certainly will fail to pay off the debt your first playthrough and that probably turns people off

    Combos don't have an effect on customer budgets. That's a function of reputation with the customer type. It takes 10 rep increases to boost a wallet. A normal acceptance boosts rep by 1. A Near Pin boosts rep by 2. A Just Bonus gives a boost of 5.

    Combos are great for boosting merchant exp which is vital, but you really want both that and the reputation boosts from Just Bonuses.

    Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
This discussion has been closed.