As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    The Tower Night pulse shots or whatever those are sound absolutely incredible with headphones. Real "oh shit" moment. The atmosphere in the prison is also jaw dropping, with the lightning briefly flashing the presence of an octopus-magician in the distance.

I'm loving this.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    The Tower Night pulse shots or whatever those are sound absolutely incredible with headphones. Real "oh shit" moment. The atmosphere in the prison is also jaw dropping, with the lightning briefly flashing the presence of an octopus-magician in the distance.

I'm loving this.

What kind of headphones do you have? I wasn't even thinking about those until I read that they have a whole fancy audio system built into the PS5 and now I really want to give it a try.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Platinums got for Astro's Playroom and Bugsnax, doubling my lifetime Platinum count (Rocket League and Spider-Man are the other two)

Time to return to Shadow of Wardor, and it took me maybe six seconds to go from the menu screen to playing

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »

I'm loving this.

What kind of headphones do you have? I wasn't even thinking about those until I read that they have a whole fancy audio system built into the PS5 and now I really want to give it a try.

I'm using some Astro A40's plugged into the Dualsense. I haven't tried other headphones yet, but these are quite nice. I did adjust the 3D sound profile, and might play around with that a bit more, but overall the sound design in Demon's and Astros playroom are fantastic.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Best Buy's Black Friday deals are live and Watch Dogs Legion for the PS5 is $30 if anyone wants to get a head start on expanding their PS5 library cheaply. There's also a ton of deals on PS4 games, just picked up FF7R for $25 and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Sekiro for the same price. I'd rather get Ghost of Tsushima but unfortunately it's only $20 cheaper at $40. Not sure if I should just get whatever discount I can now or wait and see if anywhere else will have it cheaper in the coming weeks.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Made it to the Tower Knight in Demon's Souls and man, that's a very cool game so far.

Looking forward to trying Miles Morales, but a little wary of the price tag. Kind of hoping to see a sale on that one in a few months but I might get impatient.

I also got to Tower Knight, with two human blue phantoms.

I think we collectively did literally 21 damage to it before all of us died.

I then swore at my TV and went to a different archstone.

Awesome game. That’s not sarcasm, I love the abuse. Er...shit.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Best Buy's stock apparently came and went overnight. God this new generation is such a poorly handled garbage launch. ☹️😠

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Also, I know I said I was off the Pulse 3D headset but I tried ordering one today from Best Buy (ironically on the way TO and then back FROM Best Buy for a curbside pickup order) and I finally managed to get one with a pickup date of this coming Saturday. I’m very happy it won’t be ready on Black Friday since a part of me would probably be tempted to actually go there to pick it up on Black Friday which will probably be dangerville. Even going on a day like today (Sunday, freezing, no one around) is a bit out of my comfort zone.

Even though it sounds lazy, I like not having to stick my Logitech G935 dongle into two different consoles. This way, I can leave my Logitech dongle in my PC and my Sony dongle can stay in my PS5.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Best Buy's stock apparently came and went overnight. God this new generation is such a poorly handled garbage launch. ☹️😠

Apparently that was the digital edition. I don't think the disk version ever went up.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

We say that every generation's launch.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Most of us just need to wait until stock exceeds what scalpers/bots can buy up minutes/seconds before stock goes live.

I legitimately don't understand why it isn't handled like PAX badges. Stock goes live, join a queue, when it's your turn you can purchase a limited amount (in the case of a brand new console, one per address). If a retailer isn't going to commit to this paradigm, don't allow them to handle your new console.

It's in Sony's interest to get as many consoles into as many homes as possible. Scalping hurts that effort.

edited November 2020
    It should be handled that you can order one whenever you want and you are provided a timeframe as to when you'll get it.

I order one today from Best Buy and my delivery date is in February. Why not hold an order que? Instantly eliminates scalpers power for the most part.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The controller has been a pleasant surprise.

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I don’t know. I was able to get a 360, a Wii, an Xbox One, an Xbox One X, and a Swtich no problem on their respective launch dates. This one feels very different. There’s a level of difficulty here that wasn’t present at the others and bots are playing a larger role than before. I do believe the inability to preorder in store is hurting people’s chances since that is the way I did all my previous consoles - pre-order in person the very day they announce that they are available. Never had an issue. With it being totally online, the bots/scalpers have a lot more power than before.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    It should be handled that you can order one whenever you want and you are provided a timeframe as to when you'll get it.

I order one today from Best Buy and my delivery date is in February. Why not hold an order que? Instantly eliminates scalpers power for the most part.

Yes. They just give you a tracking number and let you plug it into a website that gives you an estimate for the latest it could arrive and it would update if it shipped sooner.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Basically anything is better than whatever this shit is.

Spiderman, Spiderman!
    Does whatever a spider he can.
    Spins a web any size,
    Catches thieves, just like flies.
    Look out! Here comes the Spiderman!

• ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular

Apparently that was the digital edition. I don't think the disk version ever went up.

I was up at 2am PST and got mine! Wow! What luck! I got the disk version too.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    The "order now and get it whatever" makes so much sense that I honestly don't get its absence. It benefits the consumer and it benefits the seller; I'd even make the case it benefits the seller slightly more because it guarantees them a sale that in this current situation they'd lose the moment someone else gets stock in.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Best Buy dropped stock at 4am.

4am.

Needless to say I missed it. -_-

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Best Buy dropped stock at 4am.

4am.

Needless to say I missed it. -_-

Gotta make sure the scalpers can get all the consoles.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    I do not get dropping your limited stock in the middle of the night. It's crazy.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

I feel like scalpers would just buy up months and months and months of consoles so even if we were able to buy one we wouldn't get it until like 2023 because of scalpers.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    We will see if the new Ratchet and Clank uses the haptics.

It's Ratchet. It'll use the haptics and the tilty-ness and probably the speaker and whatever else Sony wants to advertise.

Also - had a problem and found a workaround yesterday.

My PS5 controller wasn't charging at all. Unit turned on, not in rest mode, USB in the back. The controller will WORK but, after plugging it in after getting the low battery notification, and then playing for like 5 hours, I unplugged the controller and IMMEDIATELY got the low battery warning again.

It hadn't taken a charge in all those hours.

So I searched around and here's the fix. Turn off the controller. Take a pin and depress the pinhole in the underside of the controller for 5+ seconds. LEAVE THE CONTROLLER OFF.

Then, plug it in to the powered-on or rest-mode PS5 and it will begin to glow orange.

On day one I THOUGHT it stopped charging a little fast but yeah. Left it hooked up to my console overnight and this morning it shows 3 bars.

Lotta little bugs!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Best Buy apparently introduced new anti-bot measures for their last drop. Reddit is saying it took nearly an hour for them to sell out this time.

cckerberos.png
    edited November 2020
    Best Buy's Black Friday deals are live and Watch Dogs Legion for the PS5 is $30 if anyone wants to get a head start on expanding their PS5 library cheaply. There's also a ton of deals on PS4 games, just picked up FF7R for $25 and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Sekiro for the same price. I'd rather get Ghost of Tsushima but unfortunately it's only $20 cheaper at $40. Not sure if I should just get whatever discount I can now or wait and see if anywhere else will have it cheaper in the coming weeks.

Watch Dogs Legion, meh.

FF7R, yea pretty good.

Ghost of Tsushima? For playing on your PS5?

oo2kbbwvrnvb.gif

Chance on
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Best Buy apparently introduced new anti-bot measures for their last drop. Reddit is saying it took nearly an hour for them to sell out this time.

Ah. Thank goodness. Now is the time for this level of thoughtfulness from the retailers.

Not two weeks or two months ago, but now and from just one of them. Thank God the corporate overlords have our backs.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

Ah. Thank goodness. Now is the time for this level of thoughtfulness from the retailers.

Not two weeks or two months ago, but now and from just one of them. Thank God the corporate overlords have our backs.

Yes and yet they still release them at 4 am. That in no way impacted how long they stayed up. Nope.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Chance wrote: »

Yes and yet they still release them at 4 am. That in no way impacted how long they stayed up. Nope.

Previously when they would go up late, they still sold out in minutes

Local H Jay on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Well, totally bizarrely, it ended up being fucking Kohl's where I was able to get a system. Despite some weirdness with the initial order, I've now been charged for the bundle and received a confirmation email. The shipping time isn't even a terrible (should arrive by the end of next week), and I got $180 Kohl bucks for the purchase so I can also go buy a pile of work clothes and shit basically for free.

I guess the only thing left at this point is to see if I can return the Spider-Man game that comes with the bundle. Obviously I want the game, I just hate shuffling discs around particularly when the game is already on the hard drive and the disc is just a dumbass authorization key.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    The controller has been a pleasant surprise.

It's messed up my muscle memory, especially with the d-pad

Spelunky 2 felt weird

I'll just have to get used to it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

bah, this was actually handled in a shitty way.

I had the Disc version for PS4. That save is backed up and on my PS5 console. That PS4 and Disc copy of Spidermans no longer exits in my house so I have no access to it. Also it wouldn't matter since I have the digital version of the PS5.

On the PS5 I got the remaster edition since it wasn't much more than just buying Miles Morales by itself BUT this means I have no way to ever get my old save into the PS5 version. This blows. Could they really not figure out a way for the PS5 version to check the PS4 cloud saves area for a import?! :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Well it's nice Best Buy is doing something about bots but I can't be up 24/7 stalking their website to catch the random unannounced 3am restock.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yeah you'd think they would have adapted by now.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I just noticed that the PS5 library no longer lets you hide games. That's a pretty significant downgrade, IMHO.

cckerberos.png
    Well it's nice Best Buy is doing something about bots but I can't be up 24/7 stalking their website to catch the random unannounced 3am restock.

Have you tried using Nowinstock? It has an alarm system that will ping you and it actually works for the most part.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Hmm. Walmart says there may be a delay on my PS5 preorder, but I already received it. Will I get a free one?

Better check and make sure it's still in your house

Resident 8bitdo expert.