As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Ahsoka Tano thread [Star Wars]

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    So from the comics and Rebels, there are some events that Obi-Wan is locked in to already.

I wonder when exactly this will be set.

This better not mess with the Maul duel.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    You don’t fuck with the best lightsaber duel in all of Star Wars.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    This new show is not doing to touch that scene, or any scene from Rebels where Obi-Wan cameoed. I feel very confident that Deborah Chow is not going to retcon Filoni's work from only a few years ago.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I don't think we need an Obi-Wan series, though obviously too late for that, but an adaptation of the Darth Vader ongoing comic? Yes, adapt that please.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Book of Boba Fett is the highest budget straight-to-video-sequel TV show I've ever watched, jesus

did anybody have a plan for what they wanted to do with this show? it feels like a bad TTRPG session

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    So is the Book of Boba Fett a Gospel, an Act or an Epistle?

It’s a bad fanfic.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Book of Boba Fett is the highest budget straight-to-video-sequel TV show I've ever watched, jesus

did anybody have a plan for what they wanted to do with this show? it feels like a bad TTRPG session

After 45 minutes into the writing they decided they'd rather watch Mando too

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

It’s a bad fanfic.

Fans tend to write their chosen characters ass badasses not tired washed up losers.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I forgot because they seem to have attached these to the wrong show, but one of the recaps put tense music behind a bunch of no-names deciding to stay neutral.

That’s a top-notch parody of the prequels, but I’m not sure it was essential information.

• Options

It’s a bad fanfic.

Fans tend to write their chosen characters ass badasses not tired washed up losers.

They are; you're just mistaken about who the chosen character is...

1l1zycfg1bit.jpg

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

It’s a bad fanfic.

Ah so it’s something written by Paul then

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I don't think we need an Obi-Wan series, though obviously too late for that, but an adaptation of the Darth Vader ongoing comic? Yes, adapt that please.

Which one? There's the Kieron Gillen 2015 one, which is set between new hope and empire, and it's excellent and I'd kill for an adaptation. There's some good marterial featuring Vader and some other fun imperials from his run on the star wars comic

There's the one that was set at the dawn of the empire. It was... Okay. Did some interesting stuff, but ultimately, not amazing. Still, lots of good marterial to adapt

And there's Greg paks currently on going run which is not particularly good

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    I just saw a youtube about the storyboards for RotJ...apparently Fett was supposed to shoot Chewbacca and then get his hand lopped off by Luke. The lightsaber was also supposed to damage his jetpack, not Han's stick thingy. I wonder if they changed it to be more kid-friendly.

The stuntman who played Fett says that there was a bunch more footage shot of that fight which didn't make the final cut.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    And somehow, even what they put on screen apparently got retconned to “Bib sabotaged the jetpack.”

And also Bib got retconned to getting off the barge.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    So from the comics and Rebels, there are some events that Obi-Wan is locked in to already.

I wonder when exactly this will be set.

10 years after RotS, 5 years before Rebels. Does that overlap with any of the comics?

• Options
    And somehow, even what they put on screen apparently got retconned to “Bib sabotaged the jetpack.”

That's been lore at least since Tales From Jabba's Palace.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Yeah, I don't think Bib was ever on the barge. He had important Major Domo work to do back in the palace.
    No time for Bib to go watch executions, he's a busy twi'lek.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think Bib was ever on the barge. He had important Major Domo work to do back in the palace.
    No time for Bib to go watch executions, he's a busy twi'lek.
    Lots of helmets to service and clean

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    No one polished a dome like ol’ Bib.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    When in doubt go back to literally the least interesting setting in SW

Hey now, Tatooine is still better than Naboo

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    When in doubt go back to literally the least interesting setting in SW

Hey now, Tatooine is still better than Naboo

https://youtu.be/6yDGTFNM37c

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Now that the sarlacc is dead, we're going to find out it was an imported pet that was released in the ocean when it got to big. Invasive species, hordes water for itself.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    The sarlacc isn't necessarily dead, they're some kinda mesh of plant and animal and there's supposed to be a sort of root system that goes quite a ways. Apparently they spread by spores and can live just about anywhere, so they're supposed to be on many worlds and extremely hard to really kill. That particular sarlacc was supposed to be a pretty old one, though. Or at least that was once the case, no telling how much of that info they'll keep.

I dunno how much longer Star Wars can continue without telling us what happened to water on Tatooine, actually. The Tuskens claim they have lived on the world since before the water disappeared, but we see Tatooine is a total desert even four thousand years ago in KotoR; that's a long, long, long time to live on a total desert world. If all the surviving local life is there because of adaptation, then the loss had to be somewhat slow. Otherwise, all the life we see now is either imported because everything died or the species that lived in the deserts of the original world. We know that it had plenty of trees or something like them once upon a time, as the Tusken seem to be able to readily find wood to burn and craft weapons despite virtually all the plant life being dead for thousands of years. And they seem to use it in preference to what is surely an abundance of heating devices in the setting that could last a lifetime; even junk from the Jawas could get them a portable oven or something that would mean they don't have dig up ancient wood to cook dinner.

Five bucks says they make it some important, bigtime planet in the distant past and it was laid waste by some Sith antics.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    In Legends, Tatooine is the human homeworld, insofar as humans have a homeworld, because they're one of many genetically modified slave races made by the Rakata--one derived from abducted Tuskens. At least, I think that's what I remember the implication being from KoToR/SWTOR/wiki dives. And who knows if they ever want to revive any of that for canon.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man, Season 4 of Clone Wars really just fucking goes for it.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhAL71gNgKk

Gotta say, this track is a real banger. Maybe the best thing about the first 4 episodes.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Man, Season 4 of Clone Wars really just fucking goes for it.

They stopped giving any fucks after season 2 or so. Entire flashback episodes, weird force shenanigans, wooden lightsabers, it's all good.

Just inject more Domino Squad into my veins.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Fucking hell Luke... just let your Padawan multiclass!

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

When I presented that choice to my daughter (whose is 6), she naturally said she would just take both, with like a 'yoink' motion.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

When I presented that choice to my daughter (whose is 6), she naturally said she would just take both, with like a 'yoink' motion.

Your daughter has what it takes to survive in this dangerous galaxy.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    "The yoink is strong in you."

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

I'm 98% Grogo shows up with the saber, then has a Frodo mithril moment after getting shot or stabbed.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I mean it's a tough choice. Does he:

A. Take the saber, chop off cgLuke's other hand, then take the armor.

Or

B. Take the armor, reach for the saber, laugh when cgLuke's saber crashes helplessly against the armor, take saber

Or

C. Swarm cgLuke with frogs, take both, and leave, pile of frogs struggling behind him.

"Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Or

B. Take the armor, reach for the saber, laugh when cgLuke's saber crashes helplessly against the armor, take saber

Or

C. Swarm cgLuke with frogs, take both, and leave, pile of frogs struggling behind him.

D. Abandon both and pursue his true destiny as a galactically renowned gourmand specializing in frogs from across the galaxy?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Or

Or

D. Abandon both and pursue his true destiny as a galactically renowned gourmand specializing in frogs from across the galaxy?

FFIX canonical confirmed

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

I'm 98% Grogo shows up with the saber, then has a Frodo mithril moment after getting shot or stabbed.

He'll get shot by Cad Bane.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Grogu, dark lord of the sith's reign was most known for his many victims found with a frog stuffed in their throat.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Your lack of frog, disturbing I find. Fix that, I will."

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ahahahahahahaha. Boba Fett Ep 7
    It's such a fitting metaphor for this show to take a beloved character like Cad Bane, and with basically little to no setup, have him get killed in such a completely unsatisfying way. Just a masterpiece of utter shite.

Rest of the episode was pretty bad too; from the lame "everyone is actually alive and here (besides the pigs)", to the bad shoehorning in of Grogu, to the completely predictable betrayal by the three families, to the kinda lame Rancor fight. But man, the Cad Bane stuff was just the utter crap cherry on the shit sundae. Imagine if the entire season had been leading up to that moment instead of it being basically the the second interaction those two have had all season.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    This series has just the worst action scenes.

This discussion has been closed.