As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Little Drummer Boy Challenge...2020 EDITION

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want the record to show

I never intended on this being sexy RE Christmas art.

It just naturally went that way.

It’s out of my hands.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

It’s out of my hands.

I would argue it's entirely in your hands

I think your hands have been very busy

if you know what I mean

:winky:

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Orca wrote: »

It’s out of my hands.

I would argue it's entirely in your hands

I think your hands have been very busy

if you know what I mean

:winky:

3f0wnnfzkrm6.jpeg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    One of the residents I've gotta keep an ear on overnight has their TV tuned to the music stations, and they're normally all about country. But tonight, I heard some festive stuff sprinkled in. I'm not gonna assume I'm doomed right off the bat, but I will say this is a bad fuckin' start right here.

Aaaand I'm fuckin' dead. It's playing right now. And the guy is snoring. It plays only for my benefit.

Double tap, he just got me again!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Did a lot of shopping today, lots of holiday music, and still I live.

Also, turns out my mom fucking LOVES LDB and has been posting vids of different versions on FB all week. The videos auto-play BUT they're muted by default. I did come reeaal close to unmuting once or twice before I realized what I was doing...

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    This is the farthest I’ve made it yet and I only have one more planned shopping trip before the day. I have a feeling my kid is gonna wanna listen to an Xmas mix on the day though. Just have to practice being real oblivious.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    HOW

HOW ARE YOU FINDING THESE

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't consider myself a participant in these games because i occasionally just like letting random holiday playlists run but i feel the need to warn you that today on the street a man drove by me and blasting out of his car came "pa rum pa pum pum" so watch out

the drummer boy hunters are prowling

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    I almost got myself in the shower, I was thinking about last year's competition where someone had something of the effect of "Death shan't come for you pa rum pa pum pum"

I opened my mouth as if to sing those awful words but stopped myself.

I HAVE NOT BEEN BESTED DESPITE YOUR PREDICTIONS TO THE CONTRARY SARUKUN

YOU HEAR ME?! I HAVE NOT BEEN BESTED

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    “As he lay bleeding on the shower floor, in his delirium, MechMantis began to hum a tune of kings and drumming male pauper children”.

sarukun on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm surprised I've lasted this long as I definitely heard The Song last year when I wasn't an active participant, but I just hear the same Christmas stuff when I'm getting groceries or what have you this year.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    HOW

HOW ARE YOU FINDING THESE
    Always had 'em.

Bang.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I haven’t heard the song yet

Had I not sang it to myself I’d still be alive.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    My elimination is as unofficial as my entry. At a friend's house they had a Christmas playlist on. I asked if it was manually created or not. Told them about the challenge. The answer was "not" so I knew it was a time bomb. Sure enough, 15 minutes after eating.

I hadn't even noticed out playing, they fucking pointed it out to me.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    131753371_10100707710007341_2285959941562704290_n.png?width=642&height=903
    Relevant.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Wait does the contest not end on Christmas day?

Still in, but I thought I had a hard deadline to reach

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’ve been trying to eliminate myself through ...natural... means but the radio, etc isn’t biting

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Wait does the contest not end on Christmas day?

Still in, but I thought I had a hard deadline to reach
    11:59pm on Christmas Day.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I’ve been trying to eliminate myself through ...natural... means but the radio, etc isn’t biting

ban this sick filth

• Options
    You have to get through Christmas AKA: The killing Day

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I even went to get some LDBs

zf1c9cryi1ud.jpeg

Large Diabeetus Balls

• Options
    Those seem to be of varying sizes. Not all large.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    My daughter is alwaysasking for me to tell the stories from this thread. But I never let her look at the thread directly because Raijin is a disgusting degenerate.

That said, she turns 13 in just a few months. I'm doomed.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    My daughter is alwaysasking for me to tell the stories from this thread. But I never let her look at the thread directly because Raijin is a disgusting degenerate.

That said, she turns 13 in just a few months. I'm doomed.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    That image on the last page, someone woke up one morning, sat up in bed, and quietly said to themselves "Chris Redfield ornament balls," and then ran at full speed to their computer. For there was art to be made.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    That image on the last page, someone woke up one morning, sat up in bed, and quietly said to themselves "Chris Redfield ornament balls," and then ran at full speed to their computer. For there was art to be made.

I'm pretty sure that's what gets artists out of bed every morning

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Orca wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's what gets artists out of bed every morning

That and drugs

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So... while we didn’t formally accept the challenge this year we still took it on again in this most cursed of years. And the pandemic this year made it a pretty easy one to avoid the dread song. Queue us finishing appropriate quarantining between our family to ensure a safe stay at a condo as a family.

This morning @Ladybug2332 turns on a Christmas playlist for the drive and I ask her if that’s wise, to which she exhibits maximum hubris in saying there is no way it will get us, this is a modern pop playlist, not classic Christmas.

Just before arriving, the pride truly did comedy before the fall:

fycee1a6xsui.jpeg

So she ruined us. We almost made it, but we were undone by her infinite hubris.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    For KING AND COUNTRY

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    All I actually heard was a couple of seconds of random drums so I feel like I ought to listen to the actual song part

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    The loony Bonnie Tyler Xmas ballad at the heart of Dial Code: Santa Claus.

Happy Birthday Christmas, everyone!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHYB7N-vbWM

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I nearly made it. Nearly. On my way to pick up a Christmas pie and I was browsing the radio when the accursed boy made himself known to me. This year I shot for the moon but truly landed among the S.T.A.R.S.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I was briefly in a grocery store playing Christmas music, but I am still alive. I only heard Last Christmas.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I nearly made it. Nearly. On my way to pick up a Christmas pie and I was browsing the radio when the accursed boy made himself known to me. This year I shot for the moon but truly landed among the S.T.A.R.S.

did you lose just so you could make this pun

come clean

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I admit nothing

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Bucketman wrote: »

tuqs3vvpttad.jpeg
    ulrf6unzb9jj.jpeg

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The closer we get to the deadline the closer Raijin gets to the line

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I just got killed by Hbomberguy's new video.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    is the broken wrist and ankle supposed to be sexy