Options

[Amazing Cultivation Simulator] Taoist Fantasy Godhood Ascension Rimworld-like

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So I've been playing this for a week and I think I finally start to understand it. I started playing on Immortal and the extra event chance means you are swarmed with people wanting to join the sect right from the start. Also one of the immortal options starts you off with 1-3 extra people that don't count against your perks. So I took Loner and a bunch of stat boosts.

Also, strangely, I get a notification every 2-4 days that a turtle/rabbit/cat has moved here and seems to be enjoying itself. I don't have any interaction options with these creatures. And they aren't yaoguai or anything, just random animals. They have green dots on my mini map.

How do agencies work? Can dump outers and inners there or just outers?

Also what does panacea actually do? I tried using it clear infection but it doesn't seem to do anything about that.

So agencies are your prime source of....a lot of things. Recruits being a big one, and inspiration as well (you get thousands of times more inspiration from your agencies than you do from meditation).

They're run entirely by outer cultivators. In general you want the leader of your agency to be the highest combination of battle and social that you can (almost all of the random events that pop at your agencies can have a "good solution" if your battle or social are high). Everyone else you add after the leader contributes 10% of their stats and skills -- the leader contributes 100%. You're never stuck with a leader -- I generally just toss in whatever available scrubs I have early on to get them running ASAP, and then you can replace them with good disciples as you find them. It's generally a good idea to get them running ASAP because of all of the stuff they give you. For the non-leaders of your agencies, they are gone forever once you send them off. You can dismiss them and replace them with others, but they're gone forever. The leader actually ISN'T -- when you choose to replace them with someone else, they will come back to your colony.

The "creatures enjoying itself" are animals that have self tamed. They're your buddies! They really don't do much. You can assign them grazing areas on the building menu that has your storage zones and such.

The panacea miracle...basically is lame. Panacea pills are amazing, and will cure virtually everything. You eventually get a body regrowth miracle for restoring limbs and such. To be honest, I almost never use the panacea miracle. I think it works on minor injuries and ailments.

What kind of infection are you talking about? Is it an elemental or spirit ailment? If so, those are easily cured with heal powder (for elemental injuries) or spirit powder (for spirit injuries). If you hover over the icon next to the injury it will tell you what's what. If it's not either of those, post a screenshot of what you're describing and I should be able to help.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    His right hind thigh muscle shows infected. It says type flesh.
    I also have someone who has their brain occulded and a blue icon next to it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Ahh alright, I think I understand now after checking some things.

Heh, so -- every "optional setting" that Immortal lets you check on the left, is designed to make the game harder. That setting you found to start with 2 extra colonists, gives you two colonists that seem to be guaranteed to be fucked up in some way or another. It's related to a challenge about being able to keep them alive for 2 years, and is intentionally designed to be relatively brutal. Soooo you're starting off with colonists that have horrible maladies that.....from what I can tell so far, can be maladies that don't occur anywhere else in the game naturally. I tested it a few times and you seem to get Yao Guai (who are really hard to handle early on) and horribly injured non-Yao Guai.

Edit:

I did some more tests, and it's slightly less bleak at least:

#1 --I think you can cure those flesh wounds with just Healing Balm, a relatively inexpensive healing medicine. Panacea pill will work too.

The other stuff:

There are 3 options under "Narrow Escape" that give you extra colonists: Same Boat, Helping Hand, and Inclusivity.

Same Boat gives you two extra colonists. I think these might just be random, but "random" in that it gives you an equal chance to draw one of each of the races. There are....11 Yao Guai races and only one human, so you have an 11/12 chance of drawing Yao Guai. I say that because I almost always get 2 Yao Guai when I test, but did get a human once who was uninjured. This one has the best chance of benefiting you, but the huge chance to draw Yao Guai would make me avoid it.

Helping Hand gives you a terrible injured human colonist with one of the maladies you're seeing. This is 100% just a challenge mode to make the game harder -- you can probably cure them with panacea pills but they are rare and/or expensive. Also apparently the brain occlusion thing DOES happen in other instances in game, but they're all "yeah you drank that terrible evil spirit water" type stuff that's pretty easily avoided.

Inclusivity gives you a Yao Guai with a 100 day tribulation timer. Totally doable if you're experienced, but in general will make your game harder and has the possibility of completely wiping your colony in 100 days if you're unprepared for the tribulation.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Can't I just take advantage of their super speed and then dump them in an agency if they get close to shapeshifting?

I'm going to restart because I got attacked by 2 1500 Qi Cultivators and they killed everyone and are destroying every building now. So I guess I need to ignore adventures and anything else that raises rep?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Can't I just take advantage of their super speed and then dump them in an agency if they get close to shapeshifting?

I'm going to restart because I got attacked by 2 1500 Qi Cultivators and they killed everyone and are destroying every building now. So I guess I need to ignore adventures and anything else that raises rep?

You absolutely can do that! Yao Guai actually make great agency leaders because some of the races have awesome stats for it. I kept getting stupid turtle Yao Guai so it was the opposite of super speed :D

So the rep thing: honestly I think people are a bit too obsessive over that. I never use invisibility talismans, and won't skip a useful event just because it gives sect reputation. Also, sect reputation is what you need to level up your sect and have 24 and eventually 36 colonists, alongside some other really useful stuff.

But! I say that as someone who learned the game not playing Immortal. Immortal is pretty damn challenging if you're not used to the game -- it forces all of the difficulty sliders to the max, which makes for a noticeably more challenging game. Since I did that, I'm comfortable playing on Immortal and know what to push for in order to get some combat people up running fast (short version -- early game spellcasting is amazing as long as you have a tank. spirit doggo tank, true sun spell caster go. if you get attacked by mean stuff before spirit doggo welp hopefully your power level is pretty solid).

So if you're trying to kind of learn the game AS you play Immortal, then yeah you're better off min/maxing and avoiding all rep gains. I will say 1500 Qi is actually quite low for an enemy cultivator, even early game, so that attack may have had nothing to do with your reputation being high. Immortal throws them at you MUCH more frequently than non-immortal.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So current game of Immortal is progressing. Got the Dog, killed off the map beast, entering winter and now doubt is setting in.

My two cultivators are wood and metal. Both have awful stats. I went into reincarnator, saw that you could just assign stats and it felt too cheaty to me. Anyways, I have been preparing the Wood cultivator for golden core, but now the time is coming up and I haven't learned all max QI manuals, I haven't gotten Earth Flux, and I haven't gotten a very good cultivation room. Only ice crystal bars and one soul pearl that came from somewhere.

I'm not sure if I should wait on her for an entire year to GC or just run it now or build her up then run it off season. I could also try to break my metal cultivator first since he can apparently go any season. He's just not as far along in preparation.

Also I have several agencies now and other than Mt. South they are all really anemic. Maybe double digit followers in all the non-Mt. South places. I'm running charity everywhere but I've only gotten 2-3 events. Does it just take time or am I doing something wrong. Oh also, how do you get an agencies treasures? I've tried adventuring and claiming.

Either way really enjoying this game.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2021
    So current game of Immortal is progressing. Got the Dog, killed off the map beast, entering winter and now doubt is setting in.

My two cultivators are wood and metal. Both have awful stats. I went into reincarnator, saw that you could just assign stats and it felt too cheaty to me. Anyways, I have been preparing the Wood cultivator for golden core, but now the time is coming up and I haven't learned all max QI manuals, I haven't gotten Earth Flux, and I haven't gotten a very good cultivation room. Only ice crystal bars and one soul pearl that came from somewhere.

I'm not sure if I should wait on her for an entire year to GC or just run it now or build her up then run it off season. I could also try to break my metal cultivator first since he can apparently go any season. He's just not as far along in preparation.

Also I have several agencies now and other than Mt. South they are all really anemic. Maybe double digit followers in all the non-Mt. South places. I'm running charity everywhere but I've only gotten 2-3 events. Does it just take time or am I doing something wrong. Oh also, how do you get an agencies treasures? I've tried adventuring and claiming.

You're probably not doing anything wrong -- as far as I'm aware, the stats of the people in your agencies don't affect the frequency of events, just the outcomes from them. You can set one agency to use double the resources and have more frequent events though -- there's a button for it on the agency menu and if you have enough wheat, go for it! Note that not all of the cities have the same population -- focus on the ones close to you with a lot of people early on, because you'll get much bigger chunks of followers.

I generally just try to get all of them setup, priority #1, until I have all of them up. Once you do that they pop pretty darn frequently, and one good event in one of the more populated cities can get you 30-50k people if you can get a good event outcome with your stats (which is pretty easy if you focus battle and social governors). I just send out a new guy every time I have 100 influence; if it seems like you're low on colonists, it's super easy to get new colonists by camping and entering (not adventuring) in the locations next to you (nanping village etc.) and chatting them up until they will come to your colony.

Early on they're not great but can be useful in a bind; the Spirit Temples you can build in your "city" agencies (the ones with a building icon, not the flag) let you spend 100 influence to recruit colonists too. I try to save it to get my agencies up, but it's not the end of the world. Spirit Temples are completely amazing once you get your population up and running though.

For your Golden Core, I would probably just go for it. You said their stats are eh -- you'll have substantially better cultivators in a year with spirit temples to recruit with, and it's probably not worth trying to get a super awesome roll on your first GC. Especially if they're not too good to begin with. You're probably better off just getting them to GC in their peak season, and using that extra power boost to get cool stuff to make your next generation better. Wood cultivators are the "weird" ones who go up and down in power, but either way there's cool stuff that GC and beyond lets you do, that you can't do without it. The starting Wood school is all around a bit more utility based than combat based (metal being more combat based), so yeah I'd go for it.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just a little warning since I said agency spamming is the way: running every agency on charity does eat up quite a bit of wheat. You can starve yourself out of a home if you don't prepare for it with lots of fields at home, and the agency buildings too. It's great if you have the wheat for it though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Do the resources the agencies use come from the agencies or from home somehow?
    Also how do I claim treasures from agencies?

Can I use beast blood to grow things off season?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    All of the agency resources automagically come from your home stash if the town doesn't have enough. So feel free to claim any excess resources your agencies have with the claim button.

You have to upgrade the town (click on the town hall building) to unlock a policy to "treasure hunt" to get treasures from your town. You can't upgrade until you get a certain amount of population.

You can! Just build an enclosed space (a greenhouse basically) and leave some room to store the beastblood (displays work well for that). With enough of it you can raise the temperature to make crops grow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Generally, you want a GC by the first year that can do the stonger weather miracles for the next GC, who will hopefully get a Tier 1-3 GC and make it to Primodial Spirit. Then that GC learns the bodymold miracles that you can only use on outer disciples, and create Super-Disciples that can hit Tier 1 GC easy and then some (though not as big as reaching T1, there is a difference between some who reached T1 at the very end of the breakthough and one that was still able to spend several additional hours building up their core after hitting T1) ...who then become the masters of your original inner disciples which you have given rebirth pills/used the reincarnate miracle to start over anew, this time with bodymolds and other stat- and qi-boosting alchemical goodies.

TL:DR, your first GCs/Primodal Spirits' purpose is to buff the hell out of your future disciples before reincarnating and enjoying the buffs for their second go-around.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well 200 days in and my first PSs both suck out loud, having 60k or so Max Qi.

I can't stat boost anyone new, can't get any advanced laws, but looking into the laws it looks like True Sunflower Refining has a set of manuals you can learn for a flat + 240k Max Qi on level 2+ manuals. With that I can do stat boosts to actually get 100% match on a law and a good GC so I got the best outer I could for Sunflower at a whopping 56% match and I'm training him up. Even with terrible match his training to pre-golden core took less than a week. Its nice to have a mentor dump off every applicable skill on you as you breakthrough. Not sure if I care to delay his golden core off for two seasons for a good season match, will probably just push him because with all the max Qi what do I care if he is a Tier XII golden core, he is just around to help the next generation.

Not that anyone has to start with it, but if you don't know what you are doing seems like having one of your first cultivators in it is a huge boost. My next game I'll go with that first.

I got attacked by a chicken brigade and I made a soul contract with one of the chickens now I have soul contract chicken movespeed: 5 that I have no clue what to do with. Also one of my soul gems randomly decided to be a relic and make my fire/ice cultivation room very ominous.

I broke down and made a hell gate. Seemed to game-breaking to me, but then I realized that not only do I have to micro casting soul collection on people, each time it gave me a condemnation and soul cultivation of items has a 10% success rate. Nope Hell gate is go.

I'm trying to raise a snake to be a person but it is taking me forever to get any blue thoughts that aren't awful character destroying flaws.
    I should probably try and raise a body/divine cultivator but I'm still struggling to understand Qi/Sub Spirits/Chicken Contracts right now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Well 200 days in and my first PSs both suck out loud, having 60k or so Max Qi.

I can't stat boost anyone new, can't get any advanced laws, but looking into the laws it looks like True Sunflower Refining has a set of manuals you can learn for a flat + 240k Max Qi on level 2+ manuals. With that I can do stat boosts to actually get 100% match on a law and a good GC so I got the best outer I could for Sunflower at a whopping 56% match and I'm training him up. Even with terrible match his training to pre-golden core took less than a week. Its nice to have a mentor dump off every applicable skill on you as you breakthrough. Not sure if I care to delay his golden core off for two seasons for a good season match, will probably just push him because with all the max Qi what do I care if he is a Tier XII golden core, he is just around to help the next generation.

Not that anyone has to start with it, but if you don't know what you are doing seems like having one of your first cultivators in it is a huge boost. My next game I'll go with that first.

I got attacked by a chicken brigade and I made a soul contract with one of the chickens now I have soul contract chicken movespeed: 5 that I have no clue what to do with. Also one of my soul gems randomly decided to be a relic and make my fire/ice cultivation room very ominous.

I broke down and made a hell gate. Seemed to game-breaking to me, but then I realized that not only do I have to micro casting soul collection on people, each time it gave me a condemnation and soul cultivation of items has a 10% success rate. Nope Hell gate is go.

I'm trying to raise a snake to be a person but it is taking me forever to get any blue thoughts that aren't awful character destroying flaws.
    I should probably try and raise a body/divine cultivator but I'm still struggling to understand Qi/Sub Spirits/Chicken Contracts right now.

I don't consider a Hell Gate to be game breaking, as it's pretty much mandatory to do some things. At least considering how poor my luck in attempts at spectral refining is, since I end up using dozens of soul gems to get one item to T12.
    Oh, and to get good Qi levels on your guys pre-GC breakthrough, there are skills to learn that improve Max Qi, but also ones that improve your Qi sense, and seem to increase the cap. Also, remember to feed spectral refined Ganoderma, Red Ginseng, Earth Flux, and maybe a Wicked Flux (just one), or the T9 Junk Pill(not the T6 ones) if you can find some. These may have negative lifespan effects etc. but nothing you can't counteract with medicines.

Just be careful not to feed a medicine that's gathered too much Qi while sitting in your storage, as you can cause a Qi overflow and potentially fry your prospective GC. Post-GC breakthrough you can then use a Sun Pill to further expand the Max Qi, but that one requires I think a minimum of 75k Max Qi which you need to empty before eating the pill, to avoid an overflow.

You can also use a Qi burst formation for the GC breakthrough, to increase the results a little bit.

I've been reliably getting Tier 1 GC breakthroughs, but obviously I need to work a bit more on my tactics. They could still be much better than they are.

• Options
    Yeah I've looked at it as a game that demands some "cheese" for the higher difficulty levels. Hell Gates aren't a magic solution to all of your problems -- there's still a ton that goes into it, as you've seen. The game gives you all of the tools to give yourself incredibly overpowered colonists to start with, and it also gives you all of the tools to make a ridiculously hard borderline impossible experience in some regards. It really lets you play it however you want -- you can totally make it through without hell gates, but doing it on higher difficulties is pretty damn hard.

It sounds like you're trying to push your next generation of cultivators, sooo some general advice on Qi:

1) Pretty much everyone is going to recommend spamming the miracle "derivative calculation" once you get a GC with a decent amount of attainment (150+ is generally fine). It's a miracle that forces a random event -- you're looking for the events called "Manifesting Mandates". These are the ones that give you access to new laws. The advanced laws are generally great all around, but doubly so because several of them contain additional +Qi manuals, a few pre golden core too. Adding those to your cultivators before they hit GC is a big boost! The advanced crafting laws are also fairly amazing and will give you much better artifacts for combat.

2) You want to look at your Qi Sense stat in two ways. The first is the "x/20" score -- that is capped at 20 for non-Yao Guai. Try everything you can to get this to 20 with skill books! There are a couple +qi sense manuals available from the basic and advanced laws to boost this by 6 or 7. Once you get your sect to level 3, you unlock Cultivation Branches which make it even easier. Put your highest Qi Sense cultivator as the head of a cultivation branch, and they will boost the Qi Sense of people you put in their branch. It affects them "to the core" -- it works just like as if they naturally had higher Qi Sense for purposes of GC and Qi calculation.

3) The second way to look at Qi Sense / boost it is to just max Intelligence and Constitution as much as you can with pills and skill books. These are the two stats that affect Qi Sense -- the game combines the "x/20" rating from step 2 with your stat bonuses to arrive at your final Qi Sense. If you have 20/20 Qi Sense from step 2, and 10 Int/Con, you've maxed your Qi Sense. Cultivation Branches boost intelligence just like Qi Sense as described in #2! Boosting your stats is generally easier than Qi Sense -- there are lots of ways to do it. Another reason to spam derivative calculation -- learning advanced laws gives you even more stat skill books. Bane Pills to boost stats are relatively cheap too -- in general you should never be afraid of stuff that costs max lifespan. There are 400 ways to boost that, and life pills are cheap if you have a decent herb garden running.

4) Max Qi manuals work off of your Qi Sense, for the most part. There are a few that are just flat bonuses (like +5000 Qi), but most work off of your Qi Sense stat. So if you have crappy Qi Sense, your max Qi is going to be super eh relative to someone with good Qi Sense with all of the same skill manuals.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, if the refine rate was 100% then it would be fine but yeah 10% chance for each of the last refinements when there is so much to refine and each refinement takes several days to recover QI is absurd.

Specter refined one level of Earth Flux and Eternity Pill and Best talisman paper so far. Can't seem to find any wicked flux yet but I don't think I'm a good candidate for it since I can't have any stat loss on my guys do to poor starting stats. I might do another sunflower person just to crank out the stat boosts and specter refinements. Unless my weirdo Wood cultivator comes out with decent stats when she hits her good phase break in PS. (which would surprise me since she's only GC 7)

How much max Qi does a sun pill give you?

Chariot has a breakthrough mid PS, any idea if that gives better stats?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I was editing my post, but hey you commented so I wanted to say:

I did notice that it sounds like you're taking the "hard road" with Hell Gates. If it makes you feel more comfortable using them, do it! But you don't need to manually extract their soul / receive a condemnation:
    Hell Gates generally contain two things: stuff to make the feng shui horrible, but also extreme temperature objects to automatically kill the people who wander in. If you have part 2, you don't have to extract their souls at all. Just having them die (from extreme heat/cold in this case; soul pearls work well) in a room with horrible feng shui will make them automatically pop out an anguish soul gem, no extraction required. You can also just wait for them to starve.

It's still pretty micro intensive with the Max Qi regenning and stuff, but hey there ya go.

Wicked Flux don't damage your stats -- it damages your mental state. Those manuals that boost your mental state can counteract the effect well enough for most people -- if you eat several of them you may wind up with a super depressed cultivator though. I don't use them a ton now because the effect is minor in relation to other stuff, but early on they're nice.

I forget exactly how much Qi Sun Pills give you, but do be careful with them on your first batch of cultivators! You need like 80k+ Qi to be able to stomach one (more if you soul refine it), aaand your first gen GCs will probably struggle to have that. They are great if you have the Qi to handle them though.

Aaand I'm not sure on your Chariot question. I'm bad at paying attention to which "mid cultivation" break points on which Laws give you extra Max Qi and stuff. If it's just a Chariot breakthrough (not tribulation) probably just give it a shot! Chariot breakthroughs are pretty darn safe, unlike some others. Since I'm not sure how far you are, one pretty useful thing to note! Mild spoiler so you decide:
    I mentioned this in the thread a few pages ago -- it took me off guard! Once you max out your last stage of Primordial Spirit cultivation, you're automatically on the clock to ascend to Demi-God. Basically, don't max out your PS's cultivation until you're ready to lose them, or at least lose a decent amount of functionality. When their cultivation bar is maxed they start a countdown to their tribulation to become a demi-god; this prevents them from adventuring which is pretty huge! Also, demi-gods can't adventure at all. They can instantly camp and enter, and can hang around your sect being Qi badasses (it's pretty easy to delay the tribulation with items), but you can't use them to adventure anymore (which, remember, means no XP from your outposts).

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh that's a good catch actually. I don't mind so much about the Demi-God loss, but I think the tribulation would probably kill him. So just to check here, once I get these sunflower people to stat boosting level and reincarnate him, is a rebirth pill the same as a rebirth miracle that uses a soul pearl? Does he keep the subspirit level he's gotten to?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Sun Pills give you a percentage increase to your cultivator's max qi, something like 1000%, but who knows what exactly it's multiplying. I do recall getting a solid 30-40k max Qi bump from it though, taking my cultivator from 75k to 110 or so.
    I think 80k max Qi is the safe minimum to eat a Sun Pill, but I had a cultivator survive eating one at 70-75k. Just had to spend some time healing him up with spirit powder or whatever, since he got f'd up real bad from it. No permanent consequences though.

I'd imagine that eating one with 60-70k or so would likely be fatal, however.

Wicked flux can be found on the Exultant Isle sometimes, and gives a pretty solid bump to pre-GC max Qi.
    Oh that's a good catch actually. I don't mind so much about the Demi-God loss, but I think the tribulation would probably kill him. So just to check here, once I get these sunflower people to stat boosting level and reincarnate him, is a rebirth pill the same as a rebirth miracle that uses a soul pearl? Does he keep the subspirit level he's gotten to?

Rebirth pill turns the cultivator back into a mortal, so they don't keep anything they've previously gained. If you gain a Nirvana Pill somehow, it'll work the same as a Rebirth Pill, and let you keep a portion of the inspiration XP you've gathered. There's also something called Divine Mind apparently, that does all that a Nirvana Pill does, and also improves your potential, but I've never seen that item.

Also, I'd heavily recommend getting the Numeric descriptions mod, as it adds the actual figures in the manuals etc. that say stuff like "Greatly increases Max Qi", by adding after that in another colour something along the lines of "Max Qi 1500%" etc.
    It makes planning things a lot clearer.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Fiatil

Would you happen to have any advice on growing spirit trees? They seem unnecessarily complicated. Presumably spirit soil, some kinda temperature regulation rooms, but then there's some rubbish about having cultivation seats for inner disciples to do...something near them? And apparently they can also spread, so I have frankly no idea what kind of a room/building setup I should make for them.

Then there's some sort of bless/curse mechanic, and feeding them corpses and I have no clue how to even get started.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    Yeaaah they do seem to have a lot of stuff going on, and sadly I haven't really messed with them much as a result!

There is a very handy and totally simple 64 page guide for them though!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    64 pages... dang.
    Honestly, I'm still playing my original save, and in hindsight starting on Immortal may have been a bit ambitious. I've been doing pretty well I guess, and keeping strictly neutral and sucking up to all the sects seems to have kept me alive for now. Let's see what happens once the goddamn cave dragon wakes up.

Incidentally, is it just me, or are the custom names for things really limited in length? Like, I can't even name the cultivation branch "Cultivation", it just stops typing after "Cultivatio". There seems to be a hard 10-character limit for names.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    64 pages... dang.
    Honestly, I'm still playing my original save, and in hindsight starting on Immortal may have been a bit ambitious. I've been doing pretty well I guess, and keeping strictly neutral and sucking up to all the sects seems to have kept me alive for now. Let's see what happens once the goddamn cave dragon wakes up.

Incidentally, is it just me, or are the custom names for things really limited in length? Like, I can't even name the cultivation branch "Cultivation", it just stops typing after "Cultivatio". There seems to be a hard 10-character limit for names.

Yeah, I think it's because the game is designed entirely around Chinese characters. There's lots of stuff where words will awk-
    wardly be split between lines in game, and I have to imagine it's because you can communicate more with less space by using Chinese characters as opposed to English, since they don't use a phonetic alphabet.

The developers prooobably didn't anticipate their game being as popular as it is, and didn't plan for eventual translations.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FYI: Soul Inquiry is a gateway drug to randomly attacking other sects on the roads which leads to 8 primordial souls destroying every tile on your map, severing the spines of all of your inners, killing your outers, and stealing your mini universe crystal because even if you want to try and rebuild your shambles screw you.

Welp. Guess I have been meaning to try that canyon map.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Lol yeah I play it pretty safe with that on my Immortal runs.

This is a game where you get to a point and you feel SUPER GODLY. You wipe out everything attacking you, hooray. Then you poke around in the wrong cave, piss off the wrong person, and an ancient evil wipes out your entire sect.

It's very much a DBZ simulator; you're the strongest around until you're not!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I mean its just...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td67kYY9mdQ

Looking at someone and getting their law? Raising Zombies? Teaching animals to think?

Pure Evil.

Recruiting people to die in agony in your sect, Raising Golems, Teaching objects to think?
    Totally fine!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Xianxia morality is one big can of worms you don't want to open.

Might makes right is about as deep as you need to go, everything else tends to be just layers of hypocrisy.

• Options
    So in my new game in a canyon, a random golden core came to visit me just after I got my first golden core. I sent out social kitty to persuade them to join us. There was an insignificant chance to join so I was shocked when they joined us. I always love transcribing weirdo laws into my pavilion. Last game I found a law that had a 20% stat boost.

Do you typically have more than one cultivation room per element, or just make them share it?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    If you have the resources, I always go 1:1. I actually build a couple of extra for visiting cultivators too, and assign them one when they show up on map.

I'm honestly not totally sure what factors in to how "well treated" a guest is (and thus the rep gains you get with their sect), but it probably helps! I've managed to get +100 rep from a single guest, but can't replicate it consistently at all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I was going to recommend spamming panacea on them, but I've never gotten close to 100. That's insane. I don't really have the resources to do multiple cultivation rooms except for earth because canyon map has tons of earth essence everywhere. Although I guess if I did magic altars I'd have double the goods.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah I have no idea! It happened when I was streaming so I can confirm I wasn't hallucinating at least. I typically:

1) Assign them a nice room
    2) Assign them a cultivation room
    3) Talk to them
    4) Maybe try to boost their opinion via dialogue if I can.

#3 and 4 haven't really made a noticeable difference, but it's ad hoc and fairly limited testing. I will say if you don't catch them quickly they often just wind up meditating on some random rock the entire time, so I try to assign them a cultivation room quickly. And a bedroom quickly, so they don't wind up spending the night with outer disciples. But they often wind up with completely terrible moods and mental states because they are dumb, and I still get at least +20 with that. Sleeping with outers seems to piss them off, but beyond that I'm mostly guessing and doing things that seem like they should work. I try to make sure the weather is nice too with miracles, but forget to do that more often than not.

And yeah, the expanded answer to "how many cultivation rooms" now that I'm home is that it's a lot tougher for some elements than others. Metal rooms are typically easy because earth/jade essences are pretty easy to come by. Earth and Wood get pretty easy once you have a steady supply of ice/fire ore to make essence ingots (you can also place one of each in the same room to neutralize the temperature effects). Fire is stupid easy to have at least decent rooms if you have Giant Ginkgo Trees around (my map has like 6 and I'm a fan), and pad it out with spirit wood.

Within that, you're probably going to wind up with one room better than the other (since you'll try to sprinkle in the more rare resources as they come). So I'll let my younger cultivator cultivate in the less good room, but do all of his breakthroughs in the fancy room. The upper limit on metal cultivation rooms is fairly silly and relatively easy to hit, because you'll be able to fill one room with dragon poop from the event that gives you 8 for free (dragon poop also seems to stop decaying when it's used as a Qi gathering object).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Hmm. I might need to rearrange my map since the cultivation rooms are in the upper right corner and I know you can't split branches across a map.

Is that a custom map? Can you only get ginkgoes on the standard map? I have zero on this map.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm pretty sure the Canyon map has a much lower chance of spawning them than the base map. I'm not sure if it's impossible, but definitely less.

You can create them with the "Chant of Wood Mastery" Qi Shaping level miracle in Six Paths Reincarnation. I'm not 100% sure on the process, because I've never actually needed to do it for a Ginkgo tree. My maps have had quite a few. The "damaging to primeval Qi" thing is much scarier than it sounds and just means you...lose 5 from your lifespan. Presumably you do it during growing season (I'd go with a Ginkgo tree that is already blue from spirit, but not sure if it's necessary) and wait for the magic to happen.

I'm not using custom designed maps, but I did random gen a few to get a seed I liked after my first run, because my first map had 3 tiles of spirit soil and it made me sad. It didn't take many -- the seed is "zimbabwe4" (no quotes) on a large Plains map (the "normal environment"). Has a solid chunk of spirit soil, and 5+ giant Ginkgo trees.

For my current ironman run, I'm using one of the community recommended ones that is comprised of Chinese characters. It's great but not much better than the zimbabwe4 I lucked into on my own -- I just wanted a change of scenery for a new sect.

Edit: Scanning the discord indicates that the growing giant Ginkgo tree thing maaaay just be people asserting they've done it without understanding the game mechanics that lead to them getting one. If it works it may take a very long time to do so, and there appears to be a mechanic that causes new Giant Ginkgos to spawn near where old ones were cut down. It could be people misinterpreting that and it doesn't work period, or maybe it just takes a very long time and is fairly unpredictable.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you cannot grow them. Is there a faster way to random seeds other than creating a whole sect?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Are you referring to random seeds as in map seeds? The quickest way to do it (aside from just using a community recommended one, which I can provide a list if you'd like) is to use Palace of Illusions on the main menu -- it's a sandbox mode that uses the same map seeds, so you can just generate the map and look at it without needing to go through cultivist creation.

Just type in your own seed that's easy for you to remember (that's how I wound up with zimbabwe1....zimbabwe2...3..4) in Palace of Illusions, load it up, and check it out. Use it if you like it, try another seed if you don't. You can just use the random number string seeds if you want to -- not as easy to remember, but if you click on System -> Settings once in game it will tell you your map seed.

To actually use the map you would need to create a new sect, yeah. Start a new game, type in the seed name of the map you like. There are probably ways to fudge around that with mods (using them to just hack in your old colonists or what have you), but that would be the in game way to do it.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Saying an angry cave moved into my map would seem a lot more interesting if my map wasn't festooned with angry statues, strange rocks, trees, rock walls, and pet beds. Have you guys killed the dragon? I'm just kind of ignoring it for now. I think I finally have a handle on tribulations, I passed a couple of attainment ones, so I think I might try ascending one of my crappy characters.

Oh! I also cleared the two achievements for keeping people alive:

Survive for 1 year without character dying with all Harsh Weather options activated.

Survive for 2 years without character dying with all Narrow Escape options activated.

Not too bad, although I rolled two cats and a cow. Cats seem to always have great stats. Other animals not so much.
    I have no idea how tribulations interact with the other types of cultivation so I haven't tried them yet. Well I have a divine guy trying to build mental state and waiting for a disaster but that's been months and is very boring. Body cultivation looks complicated. My sect leader has made 5 subspirits from random events so I might try and make a set with him.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Big thing about getting good Yaogui (especially ones you raise from awakened animals) is the Thought shards they collected. They play a huge part on what sort of stats they have after their transformation.

As for the benefit, most Yaogui have some specialty or bonus that can be very useful even if they don't display on their normal attributes and skills. Bulls for example are always going to be Alchemy savants, and Snakes will have a much higher Qi than ordinary humans with the same stats.

Their big thing, however, is with Physical Cultivation. Every type of Yaogui (except snakes) has a buff and I believe unique secret technique related to physical cultivation, and are the only ones (via thought shards) that can equip more than 3 techniques for each category. You do have to be careful of which Physical Law you give them though, since their antinomy is different enough from humans that they can't do certain bodymolds, which will lock them out of those techniques AFAIK even after they've survived their shapeshifting tribulation (Unfortunately, I can't even give a rule-of-thumb description of what type of bodymolds aren't possible, other than Ancestral Yaogui is meant specifically for Yaogui, and Barbarous Forging is for Humans, and having one learn the other will result in the greatest number of missing techniques)

As for Physical Cultivation in general, basics go like this:

-Set times for cultivator to be breathing for essence. Most important are around Noon and Midnight as there are special essences earned during those time, plus maybe two or four additional time slots around those (at least to start)
    -Set a mat down as a place for them to breath. For Primordial Unity, the best spot is a room with V. Ominous Feng Shui and one or more filled graves nearby (you can bury the next attackers if you don't have any recent failed tribulations) this will give you the essences needed for a lot of their mid-tier molds. Most min/maxers also put the cultivators room right next door, along with a table assigned specifically for them once the mini-universe it built, so they don't travel far to eat (Physical Cultivators eat a *lot,* especially once you start molding their organs to increase the tier of items they can devour for essence, and you don't want them to spend half their time traveling to the kitchen)
    -start picking parts to mold. You don't *need* essence for bodymolding if you are just maxing the white buff, but they do help even if you aren't particularly interested in their main draw. You can filter it to just the parts that are meant for a specific technique by selecting the technique's tab. Note that there is a limit to how many unique buffs a part can have; I usually keep two slots open at this stage for what might be needed for future techniques + 1 more for Ancestral Throwback. Here's a list of all the possible bodymolds, along with which essence drops it (though there is always a small chance for pretty much *any* bodymold to show up regardless of the essence and bodymold technique used) if you want to plan out from the start, or at least have a heads up on what other buffs you might have for that slot instead.
    -But don't pick too many at once. Every time a physical cultivator starts molding again they pick a random body part to start molding, so you usually want to keep it to 2-4 parts at a time, especially if you want them to keep molding as long as they have essence while you focus on your other disciples.

When it comes to Sub-Spirits, IIRC you want to start with Qi Barrier and Qi Flight tools to give out to your outer disciples so they can fly around the sect and maybe not get insta-gibbed by anything that looks their way. Anything else will cause a permanent loss in that stat or ability if you give the item in question to anyone else, so you want to wait until you can do the best skills on your best gear to maximize their sacrifice and create some sweet loot later generations of disciples can use after they've ascended.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The spectral void hand or whatever it was called is great for making a powerful attack/defense physical cultivator, but is human specific, since it requires reforming finger bones that Yaoguai lack. At least I think that was the case, so that's one aspect to keep in mind for physical cultivation.

• Options
    HmudaHmuda "What other game lets you kill a Giant Spider and use its body to make soap?" - Dwarf Fortress Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    As usual, another one of Sseth's videos completely up-ended my plans to play something else. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJxM3POU92w

Loving it so far.

Hmuda on
    Space Engine videos with appropriate music. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hmuda
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Oh man. How do we have the exact same taste in games? He covers every single incredibly weird game that I play (and is responsible for my Kenshi addiction).

The game deserves to be incredibly popular, so hooray! I guess I'm just going to cycle back and forth between Rimworld and this until the end of my days -- I kind of want to play again....

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I picked this up because it just looks too weird and crazy to not try. I've never played a game of this type before, so I'm excited to see how they work. It looks complicated which is something I usually like.

steam_sig.png