Options

The Twelve Days of [chat]mas

19495969798100»

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Is it true that CPDR put a replica of a seizure inducing machine into Cyberpunk 2077?

Not really, but the end result is still bad. They put an event in the main story that strobes lights in a fashion similar to a medical device used in testing epileptic response when the character puts a certain headset on. This got missed all the way up to review time, in which a reviewer actually had a seizure.

Then, when they reported on it in their review, the internet asshole brigade sent the reviewer animated images designed to induce seizures.

Some days, I want the virus to win.
    I just want people who attack epileptics online to go to jail. It is a genre of internet harassment like SWATing at this point.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    turns out dropping rocks on people scales

it's a paradigm shifter from the age of sail to the age of space

download our new app Boulda

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Protip: Doctors do not try to trigger seizures in patients. But they will use strobing patterns along with an EEG to see how your brain is responding to determine if you are epileptic. Triggering a seizure is just not a thing doctors will try to do.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I’m ready for bed

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Is it true that CPDR put a replica of a seizure inducing machine into Cyberpunk 2077?

Not really, but the end result is still bad. They put an event in the main story that strobes lights in a fashion similar to a medical device used in testing epileptic response when the character puts a certain headset on. This got missed all the way up to review time, in which a reviewer actually had a seizure.

Then, when they reported on it in their review, the internet asshole brigade sent the reviewer animated images designed to induce seizures.

Some days, I want the virus to win.

The "it's a replica of the medical device designed to cause seizures" thing has no sourcing and seems like high-octane twitter nonsense

But in some scenes your character puts on a helmet then your screen blinks a lot and it is an epilepsy trigger

• Options
    I want a seizure

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Pro tip: Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do not allow him to treat your epilepsy.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    My boss was very excited to be doing a "fun project." I am just looking at the scope and realizing that I'm going to have to do 60 pages of in depth technical writing. And there is a good chance that this will lead to several follow on assignments where I have to do 60 pages of in depth technical writing.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    What I did appreciate about Troy is that they did plenty of fighting with short spears

You don't see much of that, probably it's hard to make them look cool because they're so simple and direct

But I love spears, stylistically

Also a lot of use of shields, which is crucial

That was a bad film but it was fun

speaking of sandal movies I liked Alexander because they did plenty of fighting with long spears which was cool

also the macedonian soldiers marching forwards while going e-ny-a-lios e-ny-a-lios that was nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u73M1iBwW8o

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Made even sexier because my brain always goes to Ruth Bader Ginsburg rather than Alan Ginsberg

Ooh yeah, read me the dissenting opinion to United States v. Tohono O'odham Nation, 563 U.S. 307, 330 (2011)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I was always a fan of Turtledove's 'The Road Not Taken' where aliens are basically stagnated at medieval tech levels, but stumbled on interstellar travel that's pretty much age of sail. Somehow humanity missed the simple space travel and instead kept climbing up the tech ladder.

Then the aliens come to 1970ish earth like conquistadors thinking we'll be a pushover and get absolutely lit up by basic modern military hardware and basically shit themselves when they realize we figured out the tech and have nukes.

What I love about the story is it helps contextualize how insane the idea of a gun / assault rifle is. Hundreds of not so tiny explosions right next to your face hurling heavy metal at thousands of miles an hour.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Pro tip: Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do not allow him to treat your epilepsy.

You can’t just make stuff up about my doctor, that’s libel! Or slander!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/NEDWpbmFY6o

Such a bad movie. Good fight scene though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I want a seizure

I'll seizure butt

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 1.2

@SniperGuy will create the new thread
    @Abdhyius is backup

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    What I did appreciate about Troy is that they did plenty of fighting with short spears

You don't see much of that, probably it's hard to make them look cool because they're so simple and direct

But I love spears, stylistically

Also a lot of use of shields, which is crucial

That was a bad film but it was fun

I’ve rewatched it recently, and I disagree. It was a good, and appropriately tragic retelling of competing visions of glory following fate to their doom. And Pitt is hot, Cox is really hamming it up as Agamemnon, O’Toole really earns his check when he meets Achilles.

Too bad about Odysseus, though, totally wasted the perfectly cast Sean Bean.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.