Options

The Twelve Days of [chat]mas

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Yes yes we all got wasted like all our potential, let's move on from this cringefest

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    what's a cryptid in this context

I feel like the zoomers have made "cryptid" a thing and I'm not sure but I think it means like, general inexplicable weirdo

pretty much. elusive, introverted. Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club
    One makeover away from dating the bad boy.

i think cryptid also implies some androgyny or genderqueerness too

so the modern version of the Breakfast Club makeover is less high femme and more sparklequeer

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Yes yes we all got wasted like all our potential, let's move on from this cringefest
    hello

poo
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    sometimes depression is like feeling nothing at all

nothing at all

nothing at all

Stupid sexy Flanders depression

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    God bless whoever listened to Eminem - Not Afraid enough for it to get on this list.

You *clap* are *clap* valid

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Those could be very good emo band album names

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Who wants to see some Bioware Drama?

Mark Darrah and Casey Hudson are leaving Bioware. A voice actor who voiced "Anders" in dragon age is apparently also a dick and gets roasted in this thread by Darrah. I didn't play Dragon Age, but I think people didn't like Anders? I dunno. Click the tweet for the full thread.

Anders in the DAO expansion is a wonderful character and was pretty cool.

Anders in DA2 is terrible and everyone hates him.

Its the same character but the latter felt like a mirror version of the first.

Edit: Cullen is also pretty good as a character.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Those could be very good emo band album names

"I got wasted like all my potential" is a taylor swift lyric and it's incredible!

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The spitting image of me is in the top left of that box and I don't like it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I'm the opposite of wasted potential. People always surprised if I do a thing well.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    sometimes depression is like feeling nothing at all

nothing at all

nothing at all

I think I have naturally dull emotions. But I don't think it is necessarily maladaptive. Sometimes people get mad when I don't cry at a funeral or something.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Can you be depressed if you aren't sad?

yes

oh god yes

Maybe that is my permanent state then. Ennui.

In all seriousness, how I experience depression is a combination of anhedonia (lack of taking pleasure in things), low motivation, and pessimism.

It's looking at something that I think I should enjoy - whether it's a meal or an activity or a specific person's company - and thinking that the effort to actually attain it is just too much work, and besides it won't be rewarding anyway.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    what's a cryptid in this context

I feel like the zoomers have made "cryptid" a thing and I'm not sure but I think it means like, general inexplicable weirdo

pretty much. elusive, introverted. Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club
    My brain just did a number on me. I remembered her character, remembered that I found her attractive, remember I had sublimated that attraction onto someone similar, and it just led to rejection and depression.

What the fuck brain. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, and your doing this to me. Fuck you.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I’m mad at work again and I can’t even describe the problem without it being too boring to clog up the thread. A lot of people are inventing urgent problems and requirements that they are very upset about but none of them are problems or requirements or urgent and some of them don’t make sense at all.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Maybe I've achieved nonattachment and reached nirvana.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Thanksgiving Turkey is 8 days old now, certainly too old to eat as leftovers

but this Turkey Tetrazzini is only 3 days old....

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Mark Darrah and Casey Hudson are leaving Bioware. A voice actor who voiced "Anders" in dragon age is apparently also a dick and gets roasted in this thread by Darrah. I didn't play Dragon Age, but I think people didn't like Anders? I dunno. Click the tweet for the full thread.

Well, I don't know much about the voice acting guy, but he does list 'Classical Liberal' in his twitter bio, so I'm guessing he lies somewhere between 'astounding' and 'collosal' on the being a dickhead scale.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Someone is playing a prank on their kid and hired us to make 25 life size cutouts of him

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

Well, I don't know much about the voice acting guy, but he does list 'Classical Liberal' in his twitter bio, so I'm guessing he lies somewhere between 'astounding' and 'collosal' on the being a dickhead scale.

I scrolled through his feed for a bit and he definitely takes some time to defend Jordan Peterson and recommend people read his book so, yup.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Thanksgiving Turkey is 8 days old now, certainly too old to eat as leftovers

but this Turkey Tetrazzini is only 3 days old....

Grind up the tetrazzini into a filling and bake it into a pot pie

Food loophole

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    SG i clicked through and i don't understand at all

What did Greg do and what did mark say about it

sig.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also adding characters != voice actors, the voice actor seems like normal internet terrible.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Someone is playing a prank on their kid and hired us to make 25 life size cutouts of him
    I hope this ends up on youtube.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Wait

Liquid and Solid are clones

Shouldn't they look the same? But Liquid has blonde hair?
    Liquid got all the dominant genes and Solid got all the recessive ones. Yes, that's not how genetics works. But it would also explain why they look nothing alike.

Um, excuse me, ACKSHULLY Solid got the dominant genes.

(Unless that was retconned in later versions, I only played Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2)

Chastain for Meryl is a great choice, but no way the source material deserves an ensemble cast.

Also, MGS really resonated with me as a young man, and I thought it was perfect for adaptation to a movie, but these days I feel like that was the perspective of someone with bad taste? I dunno. I still have fond memories of playing MGS for the first time.

No, post credits of MGS1 confirms Liquid was the dom

Ah, I am embarrassed. I have no memory of that at all.

I mean it came out in like 97 or something so it’s pretty easy to forget

a good friend of mine came out in 97 and i still remember him

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »

You'll go down in history... and in criminal court, murderer.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SG i clicked through and i don't understand at all

What did Greg do and what did mark say about it

Greg seems to be yelling at Darrah and is mad about him because he's a "corporate stooge" and looking through Greg's twitter, I'm gonna guess that at some point Darrah did something that Greg considers "cancel culture" and is real mad about it.

And then Darrah shut him down succinctly by essentially calling him a petulant child who is embarrassing himself.

• Options

How much does this cost because that sounds incredible

• Options

How much does this cost because that sounds incredible

Its uh not cheap

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

My sister rickrolled a guy in high school by leaving a cardboard cutout of Rick astley on his doorstep and ringing the doorbell and driving away

It was a really solid prank

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I dont know what the prank is. Probably spending his college fund on foamboard.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Whoa, perspective on that reindeer tweet made me thing it was like dog sized and had murdered a bunch of mice or something for a minute.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

at first i saw a regular sized reindeer and a number of toys on the floor

then i saw the man who was the size of the toys and i felt my brain slip the clutch for a second

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    argh that signal didn't work correctly!!!! as a result I'm going to write a manifesto decrying modern technology!!!!!!

@Tav ^

Eddy on
  • Options
    Whoa, perspective on that reindeer tweet made me thing it was like dog sized and had murdered a bunch of mice or something for a minute.
    I mean, in the poem 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, they are described as 8 tiny reindeer. There's no indication that Rudolph, the reindeer that was added after a roster change due to his mutant power, was the same size.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I think I feel permanent low motivation, but not anhedonia. I still enjoy things.

Pretty fucked up that one part of your brain can go "Hey we should do something, It'll be fun" and you know it'll be fun and then another part can go "Nah" without any real justification so you don't do anything.

I think someone screwed up the wiring in this thing and I demand to speak to the manager.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

at first i saw a regular sized reindeer and a number of toys on the floor

then i saw the man who was the size of the toys and i felt my brain slip the clutch for a second
    I was like Rudolph is massive.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I think I feel permanent low motivation, but not anhedonia. I still enjoy things.

Pretty fucked up that one part of your brain can go "Hey we should do something, It'll be fun" and you know it'll be fun and then another part can go "Nah" without any real justification so you don't do anything.

I think someone screwed up the wiring in this thing and I demand to speak to the manager.

Maybe an anti-depressant would help?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    This is almost 300 bucks in stock alone

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.