Options

The Twelve Days of [chat]mas

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Was at the dermatologist today and there was a lady outside giving Christmas stuff to a staff person. I think it might have been one of the sales people. Not that fascinating but her accent. Anyone remember Coffee Talk from SNL? She sounded like that. 100% hilarious.

https://youtu.be/58grYzCcfHI

I think she might have said "No big woop." It was amazing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    zepherin wrote: »
    We made it clear to our dog that if she decides to go insane in the blanket mines then she gets booted out of bed. Much better sleeping.

Blossom doesn’t seem to get it. We went to bed exhausted and she immediately crawled onto my husbands chest and started growling at me
    Did Blossom catch you fucking? My dog gets grumpy when the wife and me kick him out of bed for some fun.

No we literally just got into bed

She does get really mad if we express any physical affection for each other to the point where she gets exiled when it’s time

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Both our dogs sleep on the bed, its only really an issue when charlie starts snoring.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bonita Applebum is one of mine. I will have to listen to this DJ Format

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Bonita Applebum sounds like a matronly northern English stripper.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    We made it clear to our dog that if she decides to go insane in the blanket mines then she gets booted out of bed. Much better sleeping.

Blossom doesn’t seem to get it. We went to bed exhausted and she immediately crawled onto my husbands chest and started growling at me
    Did Blossom catch you fucking? My dog gets grumpy when the wife and me kick him out of bed for some fun.

Blossom is notoriously homophobic

yes she barks and cries if we hug and/or kiss

we imagine she's screaming LEAVE ROOM FOR JESUS at us

spoilered for sad:
    she may have witnessed some kind of abuse and that's what she thinks we're doing

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    “good on ye, luv. ‘Ow bout anotha?”

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Six wrote: »
    “good on ye, luv. ‘Ow bout anotha?”

full scene is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNgWqH1pYs4

They looked at my fair skin and my dazzling eyes and they said, "we'll make a pretty penny on that one, on the human black market, we will"

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I usually go to bed after my wife and the dogs and every night when I get in hugo curls up against my chest, rests his head under my chin and lets out a long sigh. Its basically the best part of my day.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I'm enjoying DJ Format - We Know Something You Don'T Know in how confidently early 90s it is. Very Bonita Applebaum

My guess is that it's a SumJudge song

it has the line "Unabomb will set the whole world on fire!" so you know it's pure uncut chat

I wouldn't be shocked if that was at the tail end of mine. It's my favourite DJ format track

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I usually go to bed after my wife and the dogs and every night when I get in hugo curls up against my chest, rests his head under my chin and lets out a long sigh. Its basically the best part of my day.

The wife is just gravy; it's the dog snug that's the key to happiness

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the fact that Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara have been working together for over 40 years is just one of those things that makes my heart happy

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
    Five golden rings
    Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    its weird when u misjudge peoples age tho we are at the age where age doesnt matter but its weird when ppl seem way more mature than you are younger than you and you're like whoa

also something about being short makes me feel like tall ppl seem older sometimes

poo
  • Options
    its weird when u misjudge peoples age tho we are at the age where age doesnt matter but its weird when ppl seem way more mature than you are younger than you and you're like whoa

also something about being short makes me feel like tall ppl seem older sometimes

i am older than you it's not a misconception on your part

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hmmm should i try to get a different apartment

what should i do with my apartment

there are so many deals
    but moving sucks

even tho im not super settled here and it wouldnt be that bad honestly

how much can i realistically ask my landlord for a discount, hmm... i guess i looked up what they rented similar units for the other month and i could at least ask for that
    but also i could move somewhere with a washer dryer
    idkay

poo
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I've done the recreational thing, I might not have time to play it but I bought a video game thus a quickening occurs and I absorb all the potential fun I'd have with it in other timelines.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    it would be wonderful if i could take at least as much joy from playing video games as i do from buying them

• Options
    I remember the visceral excitement of purchasing a new video game as a younger person. Just like tearing the box open and pouring through the manual on the drive home, bargaining with my brothers so I could use the computer immediately when we got home

My brother was so excited by Starcraft broodwar he got up at 3 am and quietly unwrapped it (xmas present) and played it until sunrise

• Options
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I remember the visceral excitement of purchasing a new video game as a younger person. Just like tearing the box open and pouring through the manual on the drive home, bargaining with my brothers so I could use the computer immediately when we got home

My brother was so excited by Starcraft broodwar he got up at 3 am and quietly unwrapped it (xmas present) and played it until sunrise

The physicality of video game accoutrements in the pre-broadband times were definitely worth something on their own. The Starcraft manual was a fucking book!!!

Look at this shite: https://www.starehry.eu/download/strategy/docs/StarCraft-manual.pdf

The starcraft and pokemon manuals sustained me as a child and were perhaps anticipations of my love for worldbuilding

Eddy on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    The GoldenEye Cradle level collapsed today. :<

https://youtu.be/EHx1TLj0zvA

I recommend going here and making the government talk about it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/rebuild-arecibo-observatory

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    The GoldenEye Cradle level collapsed today. :<

https://youtu.be/EHx1TLj0zvA

I recommend going here and making the government talk about it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/rebuild-arecibo-observatory

NSF is trying to find funds for it. New admin will be the ones doing it. And Congress doing the money.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Blossom seems remarkably resilient to any kind of training where we gently or forcefully suggest she’s being a real C U next Tuesday and neither of us is going to hurt her

I've just put this phrase together.

How did I never know?
    I always just yell cunt at the top of my lungs because it takes less work.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    i'm starting a gofundme to rebuild arecibo

donations over $5000 will actually go toward the effort

Chanus on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
    Five golden rings
    Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

And a partridge right out of Bag End!

• Options
    that's it i'm turning off autocorrect

it's time i learned to type on my own anyway

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

gaslighting me into perceiving motion -

sir I will lock you in a goddamned room with a copy of Blindsight until you can tell me what saccades are

nobody gaslights me but me

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

The physicality of video game accoutrements in the pre-broadband times were definitely worth something on their own. The Starcraft manual was a fucking book!!!

Look at this shite: https://www.starehry.eu/download/strategy/docs/StarCraft-manual.pdf

The starcraft and pokemon manuals sustained me as a child and were perhaps anticipations of my love for worldbuilding
    A kid in my sixth grade class would just sketch out protoss all day from the manual. It was so cool. He was one of the few people allowed to play games that had satan in them like Diablo or books like Harry Potter.
    Only perk of atheist family was that we had Diablo II on the BLUEBERRY iMac the day it came out.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I knew more than one kid that burned Blizzard games onto blank CDs and masked them in different cases so their parents wouldn't know.
    #BibleBelt

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    My wife is wearing my underwear. I asked her if they are more or less comfortable than her own. She said more comfortable than some, but less comfortable than most.

• Options
    My wife is wearing my underwear. I asked her if they are more or less comfortable than her own. She said more comfortable than some, but less comfortable than most.

time for some peer review of this study

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I just saw the coming out episode of Schitt's Creek yesterday

I want to live in this world, where people are only shitty by accident

• Options
    Compare that medieval head-on horse with this goddamned work of art

j21dq5thf4361.png

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Can you believe people buy and read fiction books?

Who would pay money just to read pages upon pages full of lies?

• Options

The Homeworld manual was *chef’s kiss*

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

The Homeworld manual was *chef’s kiss*

Diablo and Warcraft had beautiful manuals.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Winky wrote: »
    Can you believe people buy and read fiction books?

Who would pay money just to read pages upon pages full of lies?

I will allow myself to be transparent about the methodology of how I tier what ought to be incomparable matters of taste

apart from THE BIBLE, poetry is of course top tier, being the pinnacle of the attempt (that is, if you could crack open heads in the noosphere, I suspect what would fall out would look more like poetry than prose)

Nonfiction is second-best, being subdivided into pure information > opinion/conjecture/analysis > creative nonfiction

Finally I think genre fiction (specifically, sci-fi rom-coms) is actually better than literary fiction, which is so bourgeois and monotonous at this point as to be beyond parody, where we can now parody the reviews ("...a stunning, searing debut... the musicality of Joyce with the painter's eye of James...")

Eddy on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I miss having the mental energy to read for pleasure :(

This discussion has been closed.