Options

[FFXIV] Shadowguys: Next expansion announced! "Endwalker"

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
edited February 2021 in Social Entropy++
MLOFzGx.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4gBChg6AII
Wait, that's not right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthLUnEqT5k
Hmm, nope, not that one either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyuIh12_HU
THERE we go.

Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbados! It's an MMORPG! It plays a lot like WoW but with an actual story, with characters, and dialogue, and a plot that all make me like the writers instead of hating them! How novel!

The free trial content has been expanded from the first half of the base game to all the base game plus the whole first expansion. That's a large, very good slice of the game you can play for free without buying anything.


Unfortunately you lose access to the free trial if you have ever subscribed (doesn't work like WoW), so returning players still have to subscribe.

BahamutZERO.gif
BahamutZERO on
«134567105

Posts

  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Someone finally noticed the page count, huh?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Looking forward to trying out new monk in 5.4, hope it's as big and good for me overhaul as 5.0 machinist was.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Someone finally noticed the page count, huh?

    Perception filter finally wore off.

    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to trying out new monk in 5.4, hope it's as big and good for me overhaul as 5.0 machinist was.

    The main changes seem to just be A)changing Greased Lightning to a trait and B)making Perfect Balance just count number of actions rather than being on a timer (presumably for the sake of players with bad ping?). IIRC Form Shift's also been changed to be a one-time Perfect Balance, which is nice.

    But, y'know, don't get your hopes up too high. It's a stopgap solution while they figure out a larger rework.

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Neveron wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying out new monk in 5.4, hope it's as big and good for me overhaul as 5.0 machinist was.

    The main changes seem to just be A)changing Greased Lightning to a trait and B)making Perfect Balance just count number of actions rather than being on a timer (presumably for the sake of players with bad ping?). IIRC Form Shift's also been changed to be a one-time Perfect Balance, which is nice.

    But, y'know, don't get your hopes up too high. It's a stopgap solution while they figure out a larger rework.

    oh wow really, that's all? I was under the impression this WAS the larger rework, after 2 years+ of stopgap tiny changes like this without doing anything to uproot the core mechanics.
    They really have no fucking idea what to do with monk. Sigh.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm avoiding reading the patch notes because I want to avoid story spoilers, but someone else tells me they don't have any of the job changes listed yet including for monk, are you sure about it just being the greased lightning and perfect balance tweaks? I remember those were examples given of changes they were making before, but I didn't get the impression they meant that was all they were doing.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Greased Lightning etc. were what were brought up during the Live Letter, at least. But yes, we probably aren't getting the actual job patch notes until Monday-ish.

    The biggest remaining question is what on Earth they do with Anatman.

  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I mean they probably don't want to do too deep of a rework because they'll be starting work on the next expansion soon (actually they've likely already started) and the whole job system gets a general overhaul with an x.0 patch anyhow

  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    They usually save the biggest overhauls for expansions. However, they can make larger changes in patches that have significant impact. SMN and NIN have both seen changes like that during Shadowbringers, by changing Egi Assaults and Mudras into GCD skills.

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    alright I am tempering my expectations down then

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I haven't caught up on the last few weeks of the last thread, but I've only got until Tuesday to wrap up the new Yokai weapons, right?

    It's just ten medals per weapon and medals are guaranteed with a gold rating now, right? I've already got the four new pets as I apparently had a stack of normal medals from a previous Yokai event just sitting on a retainer for some dumb reason -- well, maybe not so dumb since it saved me time. So theoretically I just have to do 40 fates this weekend, right?

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2020
    correctish, the legendary medals are not guaranteed drops, but they're like... 50% on a gold? Not sure exactly but yeah.
    It's the generic medals that you trade for the pets that are guaranteed drops.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I haven't caught up on the last few weeks of the last thread, but I've only got until Tuesday to wrap up the new Yokai weapons, right?

    It's just ten medals per weapon and medals are guaranteed with a gold rating now, right? I've already got the four new pets as I apparently had a stack of normal medals from a previous Yokai event just sitting on a retainer for some dumb reason -- well, maybe not so dumb since it saved me time. So theoretically I just have to do 40 fates this weekend, right?

    You've more got until Monday. There's going to be a 24-hour maintenance in preparation for the patch that drops on Tuesday.

  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    fwiw, the fastest SB zone for me was the Steppe, and the fastest HW was the Hinterlands.

    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    For HW and SB, you want to do FATEs at least level x7. This is because you’ll be sync’d 4 levels above that, and being level 61/71 gives a HUGE stat boost that will allow you to tear through them.

    For ARR FATEs, just go BLU and blow shit up.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    They do not release job change patch notes until the day of now.

    Mostly because people would blow up the forum/there twitter screaming about them, or see a nerf and panic level a new job.

    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    I haven't caught up on the last few weeks of the last thread, but I've only got until Tuesday to wrap up the new Yokai weapons, right?

    It's just ten medals per weapon and medals are guaranteed with a gold rating now, right? I've already got the four new pets as I apparently had a stack of normal medals from a previous Yokai event just sitting on a retainer for some dumb reason -- well, maybe not so dumb since it saved me time. So theoretically I just have to do 40 fates this weekend, right?

    You've more got until Monday. There's going to be a 24-hour maintenance in preparation for the patch that drops on Tuesday.

    Ok. New goal is half today and half tomorrow I guess. Thanks.

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I may have overestimated the legendary medal drop rate, feels more like 25% or even less

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'd wager there are plenty of other folks doing last-second yokai farming, be sure to check the party finder

    if there isn't one, make one, at least one rando will likely join you

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    making my way through 3.0
    ysale and estinien wind up boning right?
    like, they're both wound way too tight and 'hate' each other, so they either bone or both tragically sacrifice themselves at the same time when they realize they have bone energy for each other

  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    you're not the first person I've seen with that read on those two but it absolutely wasn't the vibe I got from them

  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Got my Yokai stuff done last night so I think I'm ready for patch 5.4. I still need to get to the current end of Bozja but it doesn't sound like a continuation of that story is going to come out until 5.45 anyway.

    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah you have time for bozja

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I am currently in white scrip hell, because I waited till the literal last second to gear my crafters up for this next raid tier.

    Holding off on actually finishing melds until I see what stats are needed to craft the new crafted 510 gear, but I should be fine either way.

    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I am currently in white scrip hell, because I waited till the literal last second to gear my crafters up for this next raid tier.

    Holding off on actually finishing melds until I see what stats are needed to craft the new crafted 510 gear, but I should be fine either way.

    Generally, you wanna max out control and CP with melds. But yeah, if you have the materia ready, no harm in waiting.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    gonna sell so much materia

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    yeah I made like 2 mil last time and I've way more crystals/clusters this time.

    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    pentameld for me piggies

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I saw a thinger on Twitter just now about graphics settings for the PC version and how a couple of settings (one in particular) sure as shit isn't worth the hardware demand. It has an example of the difference in the followup tweet; it ain't much.

  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    pentameld for me piggies

    Back when I was leveling my crafting classes every day, I happened to park my character right next to someone who was trying to pentameld.

    And that’s when I decided I never wanted to get particularly serious about crafting.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    But now they can set it and forget it rather than mash through each attempt!

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Thankfully you can grab materia with white scrips instead of gil and save a shit ton of money, but god does it take a while.

    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    What is pentamelding

  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    What is pentamelding

    okay so the short version is that you can put more materia into a piece of gear beyond the marked materia slots, up to five

    the catch is that once you get beyond the "safe" slots, each slot has a chance of failure that simply destroys the materia, and that chance increases with each additional slot, and that gets expensive fast

    at the start of each new raid tier (the even numbered patches, which bring new 8-man savage raids), a new set of crafted combat gear is introduced, and raiders looking to race for world first clears (or just don't want to be left behind) will pay shitloads of gil for high-quality crafted gear that has all five materia slots optimally filled (it's been "pentamelded")

    it's one of the biggest, if not THE biggest way crafters make money

    TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    note that the crafters themselves may also have had to pentameld their gear to reliably craft it

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    ((Internet goes out when I only have 3 Yokai medals left to collect))

    No! Curse myself for getting addicted to Code Vein after the last Steam sale and putting the Yokai grind to the last minute!

    ((Internet comes back twenty minutes later!))

    Fuck yes! Procrastination rules! I get my cake and eat it too!

  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    What is pentamelding

    okay so the short version is that you can put more materia into a piece of gear beyond the marked materia slots, up to five

    the catch is that once you get beyond the "safe" slots, each slot has a chance of failure that simply destroys the materia, and that chance increases with each additional slot, and that gets expensive fast

    at the start of each new raid tier (the even numbered patches, which bring new 8-man savage raids), a new set of crafted combat gear is introduced, and raiders looking to race for world first clears (or just don't want to be left behind) will pay shitloads of gil for high-quality crafted gear that has all five materia slots optimally filled (it's been "pentamelded")

    it's one of the biggest, if not THE biggest way crafters make money

    Two things that should be noted that the game is not super clear on.

    The term the game uses is "advanced melding". If an item says "advanced melding forbidden", you cannot meld beyond the immediately open slots. This restriction is typically on everything except for crafted gear, so broadly speaking this is mainly used for crafters/gatherers to improve their own gear(since crafted hand/land gear with melds is best), and for the new set of crafted combat gear that's added to the game every patch. (That's incidentally why it's a good idea to buy materia later in a tier when it's cheap and sell it off at a high price when the patch adds a new crafted set.)

    When rank VIII(to use a contemporary example) materia says "cannot be melded past the first advanced materia slot", it means you can't use it for advanced melding more than once - rank VII materia would normally be used as filler for the rest. Any given item can be melded with up to five materia total, so for example if it has two open slots, that means you can meld VIII + VIII + VIII + VII + VII. For jewelry which often only has one, you could do VIII + VIII + VII + VII + VII.

    I wouldn't worry about it too much for combat if you don't plan to do savage/ex stuff, but for crafting it's pretty essential to getting decent results from the high level crafts.

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2020
    Henroid wrote: »
    I saw a thinger on Twitter just now about graphics settings for the PC version and how a couple of settings (one in particular) sure as shit isn't worth the hardware demand. It has an example of the difference in the followup tweet; it ain't much.


    Hmm, I just tested this and I see a 0 FPS difference between these settings being on the highest and the ones they recommend when standing looking at the crowd around the Limsa aetheryte, using a GTX 1060. Admittedly my framerate is not super high like that person's so maybe the effects are less obvious in absolute terms, but he's talking about like a 20% increase in frames which I'm definitely not seeing.

    e: ok in a later expansion area I see more of a difference in FPS, must not be something player models and old zones use much of

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxDhh27nHHY

    if you use iMessage, you can get some really adorable Pusheen stickers for $0.99

  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    We get the fuller patch notes tomorrow, right? I’m interested to see what all has been done to Monk.

This discussion has been closed.