As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e][pbp] The Wilds of Aladrion

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    @joshgotro gentle bump

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Just to keep things moving we might get someone to take Bos’ turn this round.

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Maybe I should go ahead and take my turn? We could rule it as Bos delaying his action.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Make sense.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Seeing that Sinnder has the closer green monster well in hand, Korri deftly steps back, takes a moment to focus on the one assaulting Bos and then charges in with his massive fullblade swinging.

Movement action: Shift to F7. Take 0 Damage from Choking Cloud due to Rune of Protection.
    Minor action: Use Oath of Enmity on Green Groser in G10.
    Standard Action: Charge moving to H9 and use Overwhelming Strike as a melee basic attack (due to Power of Skill feat)

Geth roll 1d20 + 13 for Attack roll
    Geth roll 1d20 + 13 for Attack reroll from Oath of Enmity
    Geth roll 1d12 + 7 for damage with Censor of Unity bonus

If this hits, shift to G8 and slide target to H9 to get it away from Bos so he won't take damage when his turn starts.

Edit: Bah messed up the syntax for geth. I believe that's a hit for 17 damage with leaves #2 at 3/44 hps.

Attack roll:
    1d20 13 [1d20=13]
    Attack reroll from Oath of Enmity:
    1d20 6 [1d20=6]
    damage with Censor of Unity bonus:
    1d12 10 [1d12=10]

Korror on
  • Options
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys. I'm back now.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Another branch of light flashes out towards the near-death monster. (Green #2)

Geth, roll 1d20+8+2 for attack with CA vs. fortitude
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for lightning damage

attack with CA vs. fortitude:
    1d20+8+2 23 [1d20=13]
    lightning damage:
    1d10+5 10 [1d10=5]

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    e: no wait people moved hang on

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Ok, the green monster explodes #2 into a foul green mist lingering around where it died (burst 1). Party members starting their turn or moving into the cloud will take 5 poison damage. Currently relevant to only Korri.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Sorry guys. I'm back now.

@Elvenshae is up but since you delayed i think you can jump in anytime and post your turn.

Combat log so far (correct me if i missed something, i don't have map during work so just going off posts):
    Lex stands, moves to G12 (taking 1dam from aura). Green2 misses AoO. Lex attacks Green 2 for 24. Green 2 misses Bos with both attacks
    Sinnder marks Mouthy with Aegis of Shielding. Hits Green1 with Booming Blade for 11, Green 1 misses Sinnder with both attacks and takes 8 from White Lotus Riposte (will die to it next turn).
    Bos delayed turn
    Korri shifts to F7, Oath of Emnity on Green2, charges to H9 and hits Green2 with Overwhelming Strike for 17, sliding Green2 to H9
    Yona finishes Green 2 with a lightning bolt, it explodes around H9 with poison cloud.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    "Come here you!" Bos moves to E10 and strikes at the beastie at E11.
    Geth roll 1d20+11 Word of Exchange
    Geth roll 1d8+5 Damage

E11 takes -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of next turn.

Word of Exchange:
    1d20+11 18 [1d20=7]
    Damage:
    1d8+5 12 [1d8=7]

joshgotro on
  • Options
    @Elvenshae You're up!?

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Ellandryn takes a careful step forward, and reaches for his opponents' minds, such as they are. His magic reinforces his will, and he silently commands them to flee before him and his allies (who catch the barest whisper of feedback as the spell rushes over, around, and possibly through them).

Shift 1 square to F6, then use Beguiling Strands (Close Blast 5) to basically blanket the back-half of the room.

Both are hit, and take 4 Psychic damage and are pushed up to 4 squares away from me. I attempt to push them back through the portal. Green Grosser #1 was a 4/44 hit points, and so will die (hopefully?) after it moves through the portal. Mouth takes 4 more damage, leaving it at 26 HP.

Combat Log
    Lex stands, moves to G12 (taking 1dam from aura). Green2 misses AoO. Lex attacks Green 2 for 24. Green 2 misses Bos with both attacks
    Sinnder marks Mouthy with Aegis of Shielding. Hits Green1 with Booming Blade for 11, Green 1 misses Sinnder with both attacks and takes 8 from White Lotus Riposte (will die to it next turn).
    Bos delayed turn
    Korri shifts to F7, Oath of Emnity on Green2, charges to H9 and hits Green2 with Overwhelming Strike for 17, sliding Green2 to H9
    Yona finishes Green 2 with a lightning bolt, it explodes around H9 with poison cloud.
    Bos advances on Mouth, hits with Word of Exchange for 12 damage (30/42), -2 to all Defenses until EONT.
    Ellandryn shifts to F6, uses Beguiling Strands and hits Green1 (0/44) and Mouth (26/42), Push 4 to both through the portal. Green 1 dies from damage taken, hopefully poisoning everyone on the other side.

Ellandryn Combat Info
    AC: 17 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 17 | Will: 18
    HP: 32 | Surges: 6 | Surge Value: 8
    Speed: 6 | Initiative: 4 | Action Point: 1

POWERS
    A Beguiling Strands (Close Blast 5, +8 vs Will, 4 Psychic + Push 4)
    A Howling Wall (Wall 6 within 10, +8 vs Fort, Slide 3)
    _ Orbmaster's Incindiary Detonation (Burst 1 within 10, +8 vs Ref, 1d6+5 Force + Prone; or Burst 2 within 10, 1d6+3 Force + Prone; zone 2 Fire)
    _ Pinioning Vortex (10, +8 vs Fort, 2d6+5, Slide 2 up + Dazed + Immobilized + Combat Advantage until start of target's turn)
    _ Noble Presence (Move; Close Burst 3, one or two allies Shift 2 as a free action, +2 power bonus to all Defences until EONT)
    _ Fey Step (Move; Teleport 5)
    _ Arcane Whirlwind (Burst 2 within 10, +8 vs Ref, 2d6+5 Thunder + Slide 2, Miss Half, Zone: minor Slide 3, move move zone 6, sustain minor)
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Green Will
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Mouth Will

Green Will:
    1d20+8 11 [1d20=3]
    Mouth Will:
    1d20+8 27 [1d20=19]

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @kelor Please let me know if my plan to push them back through the portal works or not, and I'll position the enemies appropriately on the map. :) And then it's your turn!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Elvenshae

If you try and push them through the portal, you’ll find they press against the portal as though it was solid, much like Bos’ piton reacted earlier.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It's called strategy.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Awesome! I've therefore moved them where they would have ended up (Mouthy doesn't move), and I've added the poison clouds. Looks like Mouthy's getting a mouthful of poison gas on his go. :D I also moved the dead green grossers off the main portion of the map, but didn't delete them just in case.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    I think the monsters don't take damage from the clouds as it was worded as enemies, but if they do I'll take it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Well, even if he doesn't take any damage from it, the mouthy bastard's still getting a lungful of it. (Assuming it has lungs.) I assume it stinks horrendously. :D (Sorry, Bos and Korri.)

• Options
    Sees that the google slide has updated. Uh oh.

• Options
    Korror wrote: »
    Sees that the google slide has updated. Uh oh.

I can't check google slides/drive at work, now you got me nervous/excited!

• Options
  • Options
    I mean, frankly, I wanna know what they heck all y'all frontliner types were doin' up there, letting these three, uh, spikey-bunny-crab-things just waltz past you to come threaten my wonderful butt. :D

• Options
    were the poison clouds only around for one turn?

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The poison clouds dissipated at the beginning of the dead creatures next turn, so you timed it super well killing them when you did.

I’m almost finished with the update now, but won’t have the chance to post it until tomorrow afternoon, just as a heads up. Updates should be more regular after that.

Thanks for the combat log though, that made it much easier to do the update.

Kelor on
  • Options
    The anticipation is killing me! I hope it lasts. :)

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The poisonous gas that emmits from the knuckled creatures is fortunately thin, and swifty evaporates into the air before it can inflict harm upon the group, and just a single foe remains in the chamber. The heat from the spell thrown through the portal has made the room humid and you find yourself sweating entirely separate from your exertions.

You hear a whistle come through the portal, sharp and clear, and pack of lithe spined creatures gather together in a pack like fashion at the spearman's feet. Now armored, his dusky red visage shows through the faceplate of a sharply conical helmet. Leather can be seen at points under his chainmail and a wickedly barbed spear ripples with a mirage like heat.

The squat mouth beast skitters through the shallow water around Bos and attempts to bite into Sinnder's shin this time but the wary genasi with a twist and a flick is able to deflect the searching maw before it gets into dangerous proximity.

The woman behind calls out in the same alien language as before and the last of the greens rumbles forward behind the spearman and follows his lead as he steps into the portal, the pack at his feet. He calls in the same language through the portal, before readying his shield and setting himself for combat. After the traversal he makes a sweeping gesture to his left before bracketing in Bos between the maw creature and thrusts the smoking tip of his spear past the minotaur's guard. 11 damage, 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

At his unspoken command the pack spreads out lightning quick with a series of responding chirping calls and surge forwards at such speed it is impossible to react. The lead rake at Ellandryn and lets out a cry of bloodlust. It's packmates react to this, one leaping to it's side and attempting to flank Ellandryn and fence him in. Ellandryn manages to pull back just moments before teeth snap at empty air. 6 damage.

The last cuts left, leaps clear of the water and pushes off from the wall in a blur of spines and teeth at Korri. Setting the enormous blade into the floor, the creature slams into it with terrific force.

Lex smells the stench immediately as the final green lands knuckles deep in the water spins around and races towards towards him and swings a fist the size of a ham at him which pratically lifts him clear of the water with it's force. 12 damage.

2aqhchn515ee.png

Our Heroes wrote:
    Lexan'dar
    Sinnder
    Bos (5 ongoing fire damage, save ends)
    Korri
    Yona
    Ellandryn

Mouthy Monster
    HP - 26/42 (-2 to all defenses until end of turn)
    AC: 14 | Fort: 14 | Reflex: 13 | Will: 12
    Snapping Jaws - Aura 1: Enemies in the aura grant combat advantage.
    MBA +5 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage.

Green Grosser
    HP: 44/44
    AC: 14 | Fort: 14 | Reflex: 13 | Will: 11
    Choking Cloud - Aura 1: Each enemy within the aura takes 1 damage whenever it takes a standard action or a move action. This can stack.
    MBA +5 vs AC, 2d6+2 damage.
    When Bloodied: Makes two +5 vs AC attacks, 2d6+2 each to closest enemy.
    When Killed: Explodes in a cloud of poison - Close Burst 1. Any enemy starting it's turn or moving into the burst takes 5 poison damage.

Swift Spined Scavenger
    1 - HP - 34/34
    2 - HP - 34/34
    3 - HP - 34/34
    AC: 16 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 15 | Will: 13
    MBA +7 vs AC, 1d8+5.
    When bloodied
    Caustic acid begins dripping from it's wounds. Whenever this creature is damaged by a melee attack the attack takes 2 acid damage
    When Killed
    Lets out a death scream - Close burst 3. Any scavenger in burst may make a free melee basic attack as a free action.

Taciturn Tactician
    HP - ??/??
    AC: >18 | Fort: >18 | Reflex: 16 | Will: >18
    AC: 22 | Fort: 21 | Reflex: 16 | Will: 19
    MBA Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d10+5 and ongoing 5 fire damage (Save Ends)
    When flanking, Taciturn Tactician and it's allies do 1d6 extra damage against that enemy.

Kelor on
  • Options
    If y'all want to wait for me to go first, I can try and bunch them all up in the corners of the room.

• Options
    Bos delays

• Options
    Also, @Kelor, were we able to score any opportunity attacks as the badguys ran in?

• Options
    We all delay till Ellandryn's turn and then go in order afterwards? I'm down for that. It was going to take me a while to figure out my turn anyway.

Lex delays until Ellandryn takes his turn.

Lexan'dar Combat Info
    AC: 18 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 18 | Will: 16
    HP: 16/39 | Surges: 7 | Surge Value: 9
    Speed: 6 | Initiative: 6 | Action Point: 1

POWERS
    A Sly Flourish (M/R, 12 vs AC, 1d4+10 dam)
    A Piercing Strike (M, 12 vs Ref, 1d4+6 dam)
    _ Dazing Strike (M, 12 vs AC, 1d4+6 dam, target Dazed till End Of My Next Turn)
    _ Low Slash (M, 12 vs Ref, 1d4+6, slide target 1, Slowed until EOMNT, if flanking +4 damage)
    _ Trick Strike (M/R, 12 vs AC, 3d4+6, Until End Of The Encounter: slide target 1 square each time you hit)

• Options
    @capitaink You're up if you want to take a turn or delay
    @Korror @BahamutZERO if you guys want to chime in early about delaying

• Options
    Delaying sounds fine to me.

Korri holds his ground while Ellandryn summons his arcane power.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Sinnder delays

• Options
    Also, @JPants , would you like Lex to not be in the corner?

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Also, @JPants , would you like Lex to not be in the corner?

Probably better to not be trapped, yeah, if you can swing it! Not critical though probably, especially if Green guy gets moved away.

• Options
    @Elvenshae they get to shift half speed for movement, and have some further movement related abilities on hit so no MBAs sadly.

• Options
    Slippery bastards, then. Cool!

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm going to assume that @BahamutZERO is cool with me going first.

Ellandryn partially dodges the spines of the creatures before him, and redoubles his efforts - pouring even more magic into his mystical command. The creatures all flee before him, but the armored warrior stands firm.

Ellandryn Combat Info
    AC: 17 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 17 | Will: 18
    HP: 26/32 | Surges: 6 | Surge Value: 8
    Speed: 6 | Initiative: 4 | Action Point: 1

POWERS
    A Beguiling Strands (Close Blast 5, +8 vs Will, 4 Psychic + Push 4)
    A Howling Wall (Wall 6 within 10, +8 vs Fort, Slide 3)
    _ Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation (Burst 1 within 10, +8 vs Ref, 1d6+5 Force + Prone; or Burst 2 within 10, 1d6+3 Force + Prone; zone 2 Fire)
    _ Pinioning Vortex (10, +8 vs Fort, 2d6+5, Slide 2 up + Dazed + Immobilized + Combat Advantage until start of target's turn)
    _ Noble Presence (Move; Close Burst 3, one or two allies Shift 2 as a free action, +2 power bonus to all Defences until EONT)
    _ Fey Step (Move; Teleport 5)
    _ Arcane Whirlwind (Burst 2 within 10, +8 vs Ref, 2d6+5 Thunder + Slide 2, Miss Half, Zone: minor Slide 3, move move zone 6, sustain minor)
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Will Spike 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Will Spike 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Will Spike 3
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Will Mouthy
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Will Tactician
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Will Green

Combat Log
    Ellandryn uses Beguiling Strands to hit the back half of the room, and hits everything except the Tactician for 4 Psychic damage, Push 4.

Mouthy Monster: 22 / 42 Bloodied, -2 all Defenses EONT (Bos)
    Green Grosser: 40 / 44
    Swift Spined Scavenger 1: 30 / 34
    Swift Spined Scavenger 2: 30 / 34
    Swift Spined Scavenger 3: 30 / 34
    Taciturn Tacticition: ?? / ??

Will Spike 1:
    1d20+8 17 [1d20=9]
    Will Spike 2:
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    Will Spike 3:
    1d20+8 18 [1d20=10]
    Will Mouthy: