As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

đŸ–„ïžđŸŽź - Tiny Lands, Redout Space Assault, Rain City & Home Behind 2 out today!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    @Tamin's DS2 updates remind me that I really need to finish the DLC of 2.

But god, Sinh The Slumbering Dragon can eat my entire ass.

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Aistan wrote: »
    It's nice that a star wars game will be made by literally anyone other than EA, but giving it to Ubi "Yves Guillemot covered for sexual abusers" soft isn't much of an improvement.

I'd been saying for years that I wanted Ubi to make an open world Star Wars, so of course, now that I decided I'd rather see anyone else try it, it gets greenlit.

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    @Tamin's DS2 updates remind me that I really need to finish the DLC of 2.

But god, Sinh The Slumbering Dragon can eat my entire ass.
    Hey, no kink shaming here.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    That Hogwarts game looks cool enough that if it was LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE I would be all in

But man, fuck Harry Potter and double fuck JK Rowling

Make Generic Wizard School: The Game, and make sure Rowling doesn't see a fucking penny and I'll buy it day one

Also I guess maybe try to scrub all the casual racism and anti-semitism of HP off first?

Maddoc on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    my favorite part of star wars kinect dance off is absolutely the final level where you fight the emperor in a dance-off (he's got sick dance moves!) set to fucking deadmau5's ghosts 'n stuff

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    That Hogwarts game looks cool enough that if it was LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE I would be all in

But man, fuck Harry Potter and double fuck JK Rowling

Make Generic Wizard School: The Game, and make sure Rowling doesn't see a fucking penny and I'll buy it day one

Also I guess maybe try to scrub all the casual racism and anti-semitism of HP off first?

Look Witchbrook has been MIA for some months now this is all we have.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hey Fenyx Rising players, are the Hermes shop items purely cosmetic or do those sweet looking bows and helmets have effects? (And if so how can I tell what they are?)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Every games journalist alive: “Any current or former CDPR QA want to talk about bugs you reported before launch that made it into the shipped product? Email me!”

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Dark Souls 2, invasion note

I suppose that Dark Spirit pablo [sic] is not an NPC invader, because a) the name and b) they did not appear near and bee-line for me the way the others do

I am not very sporting. I remembered to pop a Giant Tree's Seed, and basically waited for them to find me. When they first came by, I was at the bottom of a staircase and they didn't see me. So I gave it a couple of beats, then followed them up a ladder. I hid in the room and waited for them to circle back around; when they did, I got the drop on them.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    whfwze25xvytuwebtbwc.png

This is one of the most useless timeline's I've ever seen.

"Well you see this black bar that represents basically the entire year is when we plan to do multiple unspecified updates and improvements."

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, shoulda called up Chris Roberts to license out the Star Citizen roadmap tech to make a new roadmap.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I really want to see QA person leak the apology letter saying "yeah I guess I shouldn't have thrown you under the bus, feel free to come to my office to discuss"

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Hey Fenyx Rising players, are the Hermes shop items purely cosmetic or do those sweet looking bows and helmets have effects? (And if so how can I tell what they are?)

Purely cosmetic.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    whfwze25xvytuwebtbwc.png

This is one of the most useless timeline's I've ever seen.

"Well you see this black bar that represents basically the entire year is when we plan to do multiple unspecified updates and improvements."

All I can tell is that the actual next gen console version are going to take a long time to come out

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    In a video on Twitter and a Q&A posted on the company’s website, CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin IwiƄski apologized for the state Cyberpunk 2077 launched in on consoles, shared a road map for updates to the game coming in the future, and said the studio would deliver these fixes “without any obligatory overtime.”
    “without any obligatory overtime.”
    obligatory overtime
    So a completely pointless promise because "it isn't obligatory" is something everybody knows is BS

Edit:
    In trying to explain the gap in quality between the PC and console versions, IwiƄski cites issues with trying to scale the game down to meet the restrictions of the older hardware. “We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles—especially old-gens,” IwiƄski says. “That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we’ve underestimated the task.”
    This is a lot of words to say "management sucked and failed horribly"

Couscous on
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I beat Ori and the Blind Forest.
    Poor Kuro :sad:

I have a soft spot for birds.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm taking another run at randomized La Mulana. Technically my birthday stream even though that was yesterday and I'm a putz.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I'll be honest, if the Ubisoft Star Wars game is just The Division but Star Wars, I'd be okay with that

I think the gameplay of The Division is a lot of fun, it's literally every single thing about its presentation that is reprehensible to me

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    why is tetris effect so hard

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Depending when you gained your initial tetris skills, a big part that hitches up people is no color difference in pieces.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I'll be honest, if the Ubisoft Star Wars game is just The Division but Star Wars, I'd be okay with that

I think the gameplay of The Division is a lot of fun, it's literally every single thing about its presentation that is reprehensible to me

What's wrong with it? I'll be honest and say I picked up both games in a sale to add to my backlog. I haven;t really delved that much into the actual lore so what I'm asking is "oh fuck what have i bought?"

Karl on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

Depending when you gained your initial tetris skills, a big part that hitches up people is no color difference in pieces.

I played first on the original Gameboy. I wasn't honestly very good back then either. but I don't remember having trouble playing on easy or whatever. I am on the second to last set of levels. but they are kicking my ass.

It it goes above speed 5 I can't deal.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

What's wrong with it? I'll be honest and say I picked up both games in a sale to add to my backlog. I haven;t really delved that much into the actual lore so what I'm asking is "oh fuck what have i bought?"

The Division is about a secret police force accountable to no one that uses force to essentially carry out executions at will. Enemy groups include, construction workers “looters” that are mostly minorities and occasionally PMCs working for cartoonishly evil bad cops.

The opening of division 2 outright says the people who survived the collapse of society are those who had owned guns

But it’s not political.

They’re fun games, with some interesting gameplay ideas and I honestly find the worlds they create suitable haunting. They nail the I Am Legend vibe really well. How much you’ll enjoy them depends on how much you can tune out to he implied message of it.

Karl wrote: »

Well it’s about a secret sect of deep state operatives living as civilians who are only activated when all else fails, that’s The Division, and they’re activated because someone did a biowarfare attack by spreading a super virus on money during Black Friday, which caused the entire United States to collapse as a society and New York and Washington DC specifically

You play a random US citizen with a gun and like, a weird computer bracelet that signifies you’re a division agent, and you go around the pandemic-ridden ruins of the city, shooting guys and looting them (at low levels they wear hoodies and are tagged as “Looters”) and you’re essentially tasked with bringing order back to chaos, and in the sequel’s case, ousting a false regime that has occupied the seat of American government

It was gross when it came out and the sequel was worse, the whole thing has aged like bad milk. I don’t think there’s any way to salvage the concept, as its core premises are so fundamentally fucked

Whether or not all that bothers you enough to avoid playing it is your call, I was able to play through the first one myself but that was, uh, like 2018, so about a thousand years ago in terms of my personal experience. Game’s fun! Feels like a more modern version of Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer, if you ever played that. It’s just tethered to... the rest of it

signature-deffo.jpg
    Oh yeah and these are the games that the developers insisted were totally apolitical and in no way a representation of any kind of worldview

Yeah

signature-deffo.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's basically Borderlands' gameplay loop combined with Tom Clancy's worldview.

sig.gif
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I played first on the original Gameboy. I wasn't honestly very good back then either. but I don't remember having trouble playing on easy or whatever. I am on the second to last set of levels. but they are kicking my ass.

It it goes above speed 5 I can't deal.

Ya some later levels get rough with speed jumps. One tip, the jump always happens at the same amount of lines so on a retry can try and set the board up a bit friendlier before it hits.

Some drop the speed back down after a few lines too

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI_RigYV70o

"Rediscover the beloved 2D arcade-style beat 'em up inspired by the iconic comic book series and movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World in this Complete Edition!

This Complete Edition includes the original Scott Pilgrim vs. The Worldℱ: The Game, as well as its original DLCs, the Knives Chau and Wallace Add-On Packs.

Play as your favorite characters – Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Knives Chau, Stephen Stills, and more. Level up and learn new awesome abilities, unlock secret items and modes, summon powerful allies, and more!

Team up with friends and combine your skills to battle your way through waves of tough enemies, or compete with them in awesome mini-games like Dodgeball – all on your way to defeat the League of Ramona's Evil Exes!
    20210114 Scott Pilgrim Vs the World (2D, Beat-em-up, Funny, UPlay)

this one is ubisoft uplay only for now, I believe

Brolo on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Management failed and sucked horribly but in a way that made fifty fuckzillion dollars we are still trying to draw lessons from this

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Ancient Abyss is a 2D Zelda-like action game where you will explore mysterious and hidden events in a randomly generated maze. As you progress, you’ll gain more power and collect items to help you reach further into the maze.
    20210114 Ancient Abyss (early access) (action-adventure, roguelike, action, rpg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIRLrRGVC2o
    Nioh 2 publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja have detailed the PC-specific features in the upcoming Nioh 2 Complete Edition, which will be released on February 5.
    PC players (Nioh 2 Complete Edition will be available on Steam) can expect support for 4K resolution, ultra-widescreen, HDR, 144hz (including the option for locked 60fps or 120fps), customizable key bindings, and gamepads.

You can see them in action in the trailer above, and check out a bunch of screenshots in the gallery below.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I finished my first randomizer seed and am pleased as shit by it.

edited January 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdO4FS04GRs
    Jin Conception is a social deduction fantasy thriller turn-based Japanese RPG. Eight playable characters’ stories intertwine when three characters enter Final Layer and two vanish without a trace. One returns back from Final Layer but claims to not remember what happened. Who do you trust? Who is telling the truth and who is lying? Who is friend and who is foe?

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/social-deduction-fantasy-thriller-turn-based-rpg-jin-conception-announced-for-pc

Brolo on
    "Sunlight is a short, vibrant and thought captivating exploration game, from the creators of Among the Sleep, Mosaic and The Plan. Journey into the uncharted forest, guided by the harmonised whispers of the trees. Each tree with different voices, genders and dialects, speaking as one.

Taking artistic inspiration from expressionist painters like Edvard Munch and focusing on a powerful 3D audio experience with breath-taking choir work, Sunlight will leave you feeling entranced and in wonder in this artistic approach of telling you a story. ☀

Playtime: 30 minutes."
    20210114 Sunlight (walking simulator, relaxing, peaceful)

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Any suggestions for a simple, calming game I can play to de-stress?

I don't get a lot of time to play games but I'm mainly focussing on Warhammer Total war 2 but the sometimes makes me even more angry/stressed.

I really could do with some light and simple that I can play for an hour.

Any genre really, maybe some sort of first person exploration type game?

Edit - just saw Brolo's post above mine, will definitely look at that!

SharpyVII on
This discussion has been closed.