As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

we don't have to buy shit, but we're going to anyway

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Geebs I need you to do me a solid

sorry I only have one

Dang Geebs you look really sharp with that beard

his beak is looking polished too

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Fuck

I have just realised something

Is this dumb fuckin meme my friends and I have been using for the last 5 years Geebs?!

27uokt2na2yv.jpeg

I must have got it off this forum like 6 years ago??? It’s a been a long time reaction in my IRL friend group

I swear it is lmaoooo

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    jesus christ

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    this is some life-affirming shit

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    4ts16mngx1bz.png

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Can we somehow make this a new post reaction button

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Agree
    Awesome
    idk w/e geebsface

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I want a new computer very badly, consumption thread.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    One of my best friends here works at Apple and I finally let him and his wife persuade me that the iPhone can do all the things I bitched and moaned about it not doing for years

So I got the iPhone 12 Pro for myself for New Year's and then had a nightmare of a time porting it over, including but not limited to: being blocked out of WhatsApp (Singapore's ubiquitous chat tool necessary to function in this country) for five days straight, having to unwind an iCloud account family setup between accounts unused for 12 years, having the phone brick itself catastrophically after only being used for three days thirty minutes before I needed to be at a dock boarding a boat with a non-negotiable departure time, starting from scratch after that because iCloud backups weren't configured and the Move to iOS app failed to move anything to iOS, and then being on a chat with Apple support for 2.5 hours to fix said iCloud backup problem

Phone works great now but the real consumerism win-about-to-be is that I'm using said friend's Apple Watch 4 for the week as a trial run and I fuckin love this thing

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Apple, it just works!!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I love my watch for two reasons, having my entire school calendar in there and notifying me for end of periods. (Having your regular calendar is nice also, but that’s my favourite feature)

Controlling music without using my phone.

It also has the low key feature of telling you notifications and you not automatically unlocking your phone and then dick around on it for twenty minutes.

Oh viv and I also share a reminder list and we both use Siri to add stuff to the shopping list and that’s useful as well.

It’s100% an optional object though.

Blake T on
  • Options
    I got an iwatch for Xmas. I really like the activity rings thing. Helps get me up to close out them out towards the end of the day

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It is the most fun I've had with an optional object in ages, probably since I bought my Switch.

Funnily enough the way I made it workable and not maddeningly bad for my anxiety was by turning off every single app notification except the ones regarding Activities and Workouts, weather/time, calls and payments. I have music currently set up to show me what's playing but I'm not sure I like it since it also shows up on my phone lock screen and let's be honest, when I'm cycling reaching for either of those objects to change songs or whatever is probably equally dangerous.

I'm taking on a bunch of new responsibilities on the dragonboat team that will make it important for me to have a fitness monitor or smart watch on me in the boat, and I wanted something that would allow me to better monitor my non-phone-friendly physical activities like yoga, swimming, and cycling with more accuracy than Strava and with metrics like BPM. So far I'm digging the watch a lot for those.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah.

You gotta turn off notifications for things, otherwise it all becomes too much.

• Options
    Luckily I have not notifications apart from sms, calls and fb messenger (work)

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

I have the mother board and cpu of the one I was building of I got fired just before I got the pieces to complete it {ssd,video card, what kind of case to get and power supply} just getting a regretable job at the start of the pandemic the parts I have have sat for nearly 20 years because of the above

I set my phone to rumble and notifications to no
    The only ones I get are for ebay and messages otherwise nothing it's a glorified watch

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

Seriously. I was so excited to have set aside some of our stimulus to finally upgrade my wife and I's ancient ass PCs. But video cards are soooo stupid right now, even older ones.

Poor GT 640 and Athlon II x3 is going to just burst into flames any day now.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Agree
    Awesome
    idk w/e geebsface

Oh god please

PLeaseaeeee

• Options
    so I bought a very stupid thing

Menagerie+Wine+Jug+Pourer.jpg?format=750w

it is a wine pourer

in the shape of a wine jug

why?

good question

what have you bought lately

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I just bought a steam cleaner

it is good for cleaning, but I've been treating it like a new toy

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My wife's physical therapist told her that Ring Fit Adventure would be a good workout to use for her MS. So we bought that.

Our insurance would not cover it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Consumption flexing?

I've mostly stopped buying art, except for Mike Mitchell Fat Birds...but he also makes star wars portraits and even more rarely, rips his work into collages. Last year I was able to snag this one and it's probably the crown jewel of my collection (I have a couple old Shepard Fairey's that are worth more).

bastard13_promo.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I have not bought it yet, but lego just released a new 2k piece space shuttle with Hubble telescope and it is super sweet.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I have just purchased the lego space shuttle with Hubble telescope. Thanks for the scoop!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I decided to get into customizing mechanical keyboards. That's a money pit, tell ya what.

• Options
    I want a computer but I am too responsible to spend money on a computer right now.

Being an adult is bullshit.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I want to buy a fancy desk.

What?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I want a computer but I am too responsible to spend money on a computer right now.

Being an adult is bullshit.

I desperately need a new computer and would happily responsibly spend money on it but what the fuck have you done, bitcoin miners

I can't justify a new top tier GPU either, so even though it's possible to snag those now and then that doesn't do me any good, and everything else is just sold out and not being produced.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I buy antique tools to fix and use

and one day I plan on fixing and using them!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2021
    I've been buying (musical) instruments and (random) equipment lately? I think because the only shops I feel comfortable going into are big open air flea market type things. And then I see fun stuff for irresponsibly low prices and I buy it.

Anyway I saw an adorable hand held oscilloscope the other day and have decided I must have it.

tynic on
  • Options
    My girlfriend keeps telling me to buy a saxophone and play again.

I wanna build a taiko drum.

I should be taking advantage of living in a utopian paradise where we can still pretty much do whatever the fuck we want in terms of gathering and hit some salsa parties.

Nope, I'm still living that head-down, bank every pay check, pay the mortgage, what if we get hit by a meteor kinda life.

When I get a new job I'm gonna recalculate my(our) budget and see what kinda of new hotness I can reasonably add to my life.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have lots and lots and lots of Lego.

Just. So many.

I wish I could have a job with Lego where they just send me prototype sets with instructions and I assemble them and report back on the ease of understanding the instructions. Like, "Step 23 was unclear on block placement." They must have people who do that.

They wouldn't even need to pay me. I don't even need to keep the sets, I'd mail them back when done. Just let me build infinite Lego without having to find places to put them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I bought myself a bullet smoker.

And some beef ribs.

Gunna try some low and slow on Sunday.

• Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    I want to buy a fancy desk.

What?

do you have fancy desk examples

because there's neo-modernist thinkpiece fancy and there's antique fancy

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I replaced my ailing launch Switch because I was tired of the promise of a new model and was afraid mine was going to melt or burst into flames by the sound of it's fan. I got the Animal Crossing one and it arrives Sunday.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I definitely just spent my stimmy dollars on an Aerostich R3 motorcycle suit, in their current "slate grey" limited color way

It's like a living fossil of engineering - still looks like an '80s snowmobile suit, but using 30+ years of refinements to the materials and manufacturing processes, all to make one of the safest and most durable garments this side of a spacesuit

There is exactly one thing I overspend on, and it's good comfy safety gear for my single most dangerous regular activity

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Oh I forgot this but found it this morning. I bought a raspberry pi 4 at the start of covid-19 thinking I could make a little project out of it. Make an emulator box with some cool games so I could put away a few systems and use less inputs. I think I looked at the instructions that were up, saw it say they were for the Pi 3 and wouldn't work on the 4. Then the instructions for the 4 broke my brain for some reason.

One day I'll open that box.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    nice! how much did it cost? was shipping from the ukraine expensive?

Surprisingly reasonable, I want to say it was around $40? Weighs about six kilos.

This is where I bought it, looks like the sale is going for another three hours, 60% off, which is what pushed me over the edge.

Just bought one for the house. Been looking for something world map decor style for a really long time.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Oh I forgot this but found it this morning. I bought a raspberry pi 4 at the start of covid-19 thinking I could make a little project out of it. Make an emulator box with some cool games so I could put away a few systems and use less inputs. I think I looked at the instructions that were up, saw it say they were for the Pi 3 and wouldn't work on the 4. Then the instructions for the 4 broke my brain for some reason.

One day I'll open that box.

We have a Pi3 for similar reasons, but now I use a Playstation Classic for those purposes because I found one stupid cheap and couldn't resist. I did replace the controller wires with longer ones though.

This discussion has been closed.