As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jessica Walter Memorial [TV] Thread

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That was Jesse Ventura though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I love that episode.

Lord Kinbote and inner space!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The extreme meta episodes of X-Files are fantastic but only because the show does the legwork. If they didn’t have so many serious and dark episodes they wouldn’t work.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This is still my favorite moment so far

j0bnt3xzc4u9.gif

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    There is so much cloth in that picture. Were the aliens responsible for the zoot suit riot?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    “Twenty-first century genetic engineering will not only eradicate the siamese twins and the alligator skin people, but you’re going to be hard-pressed to find a slight overbite or a not-so-high cheekbone. You see, I’ve seen the future, and the future looks just like him. Imagine, going through your whole life looking like that.”

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    any episode that zooms out a bit and just goes "god mulder is a fucking clod" is an all timer

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Netflix has announced they are moving up the release of Cobra Kai season 3 from January 8th to January 1st

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Actually tough call to decide whether I binge new Sabrina that day or new Cobra Kai

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I finished watching Toast of London, and only just realized that Clem Fandango (can you hear me?) is the guy from Season 1 of Star Trek Discovery

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    HBO Max is getting Batman:TAS and Babylon 5 in January.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    watched all of ted lasso yesterday and now i want to be a better person what the fuck

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Couldn't be me

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    HBO Max is getting Batman:TAS and Babylon 5 in January.

Ooh, hopefully that remaster they did for the recent blu ray release

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    You know what's a pretty fun TV time?

Los Espookys.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've heard that, but I also fundamentally do not trust Fred Armisen

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Can't blame ya! I check my phone when he's on screen and I've yet to miss anything load bearing

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

I guess I’ll finally watch more Quibi stuff

• Options
    Yeah but flipping your roku to watch it in widescreen is gonna get old fast

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So I watched the first few episodes of Cobra Kai finally. People weren't lying, it's an interesting show!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So I watched the first few episodes of Cobra Kai finally. People weren't lying, it's an interesting show!

But what if you're also lying?!

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    My wife and I discovered Kim's Convenience on I think boxing day night and wrapped the 4 seasons up before we both went back to work today.

More soon at least!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

the only time I've ever laughed at fred armisen is that time on one of the live episodes of 30 rock when they needed Frank to be in two places at once so they had fred armisen put on a trucker hat and sideburns and made him sit quietly and not do anything for an entire scene

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So last week our Lost watch party group finally finished the third season of the show.

We're half way through!

And here are the stats at the half-way point in the series:

1st Season
    -- 1st Session (July 14th, 2020) -- MVP (Sayid), LVP (Sawyer)
    -- 2nd Session (July 21st, 2020) -- MVP (Locke), LVP (Boone)
    -- 3rd Session (July 28th, 2020) -- MVP (Charlie), LVP (Boone)
    -- 4th Session (August 4th, 2020) -- MVP (Shannon), LVP (Jack)
    -- 5th Session (August 11th, 2020) -- MVP (Locke), LVP (Boone)
    -- 6th Session (August 18th, 2020) -- MVP (Locke//Sawyer’s Arch-Nemesis: the Boar), LVP (Boone)
    -- 7th Session (August 25th, 2020) -- MVP (Sun), LVP (Jack)
    -- 8th Session (September 1st, 2020) -- MVP (Dr. Leslie Arzt), LVP (Kate)
    -- 9th Session (September 8th, 2020) -- MVP (Jin), LVP (Jack)
    ---- Season MVP: Locke (3) -- Season LVP: Boone (4)

2nd Season
    -- 10th Session (September 15th, 2020) -- MVP (Locke), LVP (Jack)
    -- 11th Session (September 22nd, 2020) -- MVP (Jin), LVP (Ana Lucia)
    -- 12th Session (September 29th, 2020) -- MVP (Mr. Eko), LVP (Ana Lucia)
    -- 13th Session (October 6th, 2020) -- MVP (Locke), LVP (Charlie)
    -- 14th Session (October 13th, 2020) -- MVP (Sayid), LVP (Charlie)
    -- 15th Session (October 20th, 2020) -- MVP (Sayid), LVP (Sawyer)
    -- 16th Session (October 27th, 2020) -- MVP (Mr. Eko), LVP (Michael)
    -- 17th Session (November 3rd, 2020) -- MVP (Desmond), LVP (Michael)
    ---- Season MVP: Locke/Sayid (2) -- Season LVP: Ana Lucia/Charlie/Michael (2)

3rd Season
    -- 18th Session (November 10th, 2020) -- MVP (Juliet), LVP (Jack)
    -- 19th Session (November 17th, 2020) -- MVP (Ben), LVP (Sawyer)
    -- 20th Session (November 24th, 2020) -- MVP (Desmond), LVP (Jack)
    -- 21st Session (December 1st, 2020) -- MVP (Hurley), LVP (Locke)
    -- 22nd Session (December 8th, 2020) -- MVP (Nikki), LVP (Kate)
    -- 23rd Session (December 15th, 2020) -- MVP (Juliet), LVP (Jack)
    -- 24th Session (December 22nd, 2020) -- MVP (Desmond), LVP (Kate)
    -- 25th Session (December 29th, 2020) -- MVP (Mikhail), LVP (Jack)
    ---- Season MVP: Desmond/Juliet (2) -- Season LVP: Jack (4)

Series Overall
    ---- Show MVP: Locke (5) -- Show LVP: Jack (9)

In closing:
    t1NCdsr.jpg?1

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Very good

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    @Gustav, our group became a cacophony of laughter & screams when this happened in the third season finale:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IW1n_-UP88&t=102s

The Wishmaster, nigh-unkillable, reappearing with a grenade out of spite for Charlie sent everyone over the edge

Zonugal on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I guess I’ll finally watch more Quibi stuff

But when Quibi died, it left explicit instructions to bury it with its Golden Arm show and to NEVER try to repurpose it!

• Options
    Im gonna be honest if I had golden anything Id let my survivng family have it.

Except my junk. That would be weird

• Options
    Cobra Kai season 3 is fantastic.

That is all

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    getting nikki the mvp slot is still my greatest argument in all of our lost sessions

runner-up, naturally, is when i got the pig what hated sawyer's guts an mvp slot in season one

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    The pig was clearly the MVP. Shouldn’t have required any discussion at all

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Jack Shepard claiming 36% of the LVP slots is both impressive and expected.

Like, Kate has a lowly three LVPs, but Jack Shepard is the only character to have us all consistently yell profanities at because he's a monster.

Like, @Cello's reaction to Jack interrupting an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting to instigate a fight with his father was something to behold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCvM05rnUxI

Zonugal on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    My wife and I watched the new Animaniacs on Hulu over the holidays.

The design for most human characters seemed a lot more...I don't know, Ren & Stimpy-ish than I remember.

Also, was there ever a reason given as to why they jettisoned most of the cast (outside of a cameo here or there)?

Now that HBO Max is a thing, I wonder if the show will survive past it's original 2-season contract?

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular

Even though (or maybe in a way because) I knew her almost entirely as Donna’s mom, this is a bummer.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Due to this thread I’m going through Lost(for the first time) and Lucifer. I’m S2E7 on Lost and enjoying it. And S5E4 of Lucifer and enjoying it as well. Thank you thread.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    I kinda love the way Evil doesn't wrap up their episodes with nice neat resolutions. Most of what I've seen so far just end with "Yeah, this is pretty fucked up, huh?" end credits.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2021
    Started watching Easy on netflix, cause a friend wanted to watch it together.
    Definitely not the sort of thing I would pick up on my own, but it's a nice set of extremely authentic-feeling slice-of-life narratives. I related particularly hard to the illegal brewery episode, because they fucking nailed the set decoration and iconography, etc.

tynic on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    My wife and I watched the new Animaniacs on Hulu over the holidays.

The design for most human characters seemed a lot more...I don't know, Ren & Stimpy-ish than I remember.

Also, was there ever a reason given as to why they jettisoned most of the cast (outside of a cameo here or there)?

Now that HBO Max is a thing, I wonder if the show will survive past it's original 2-season contract?

I guess I assumed they looked at most of the cast and said to themselves "is this really funny enough to keep doing?" and decided no. The only peripheral characters I'll miss are the Goodpigeons and honestly that's mostly out of nostalgia. If I never see Mindy and Buttons again it'll be too soon.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    As someone who never much cared for OG Animaniacs, the new show focusing on just the Warners and Pinky & the Brain is definitely a point in it’s favor.
    I was cackling at the reveal
    of the whole cast of side characters having been killed by Chicken Boo

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Batman: TAS is on HBO Max and it makes exceptional background tv

This discussion has been closed.