Options

The Elder Scrolls: Indiana

DrezDrez Registered User regular
So, Bethesda just announced a brand new Indiana Jones game, in partnership with Machine Games and Lucasfilm Games.



I'm waaaaaaay more excited for this than whatever the next Indiana Jones film will be. Indiana Jones games hold a special place in my heart, particularly Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure which is a point-n-click graphic adventure covering the events of the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade film and Fate of Atlantis which is a point-n-click game which delves into the fabled Atlantis and its possible fate.

But many Indiana Jones games have been great, not just those two. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was a pretty good Tomb Raider clone and even the cheapo Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures was a good time.

Anyway, this looks great. Any thoughts?

By the way, this will probably be Xbox exclusive as Microsoft now owns Bethesda.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

Posts

  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Does it look great? There doesn't seem to be anything to see

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Does it look great? There doesn't seem to be anything to see

    Exactly! Nothing to disappoint me yet!

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Machine Games certainly has the Nazi Killing pedigree for the license. Will reserve judgement until we actually see gameplay.

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    As I noted in the [Xbox] thread--given how long it's been since the last Indiana Jones video game from long-defunct LucasArts, I'd welcome this over another crack at Wolfestein where B.J. or his offspring or his understudy or their offspring massacre a whole army of Nazi cyborgs but somehow lose more of North American to the Fourth Reich or whatever. I just personally think, stunning visuals aside, that franchise is a little tired and could use a break.

    I am worried about how you make an Indiana Jones game that doesn't feel like a 80-year-old version take on Uncharted, itself a kind of generic globe-trotting adventure where you fight generic takes on Nazis with more modern equipment. Tomb Raider's reboot gradually ran into this issue as well, though even young Lara Croft isn't as "generic white guy" as Nathan Drake. Hopefully this are just unjustified fears.

  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I mean, even though many of the past Indiana Jones games are good, Fate of Atlantis has been my absolute favorite by leaps and bounds.

    Just make the first photorealistic point-n-click adventure ever. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. I want to make a photorealistic Indiana Jones shove orichalcum down a ghost's throat or something.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I mean, even though many of the past Indiana Jones games are good, Fate of Atlantis has been my absolute favorite by leaps and bounds.

    Just make the first photorealistic point-n-click adventure ever. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. I want to make a photorealistic Indiana Jones shove orichalcum down a ghost's throat or something.

    That...would honestly be a refreshing, welcome take. The last couple of Indiana Jones games from LucasArts were, technically, very impressive and actually ahead of their times in some way for 3D action adventure games, but they were overshadowed by the juggernaut that was the original Tomb Raider trilogy, which, by virtue of not having ultra-convenient Nazi badguys just lying around, actually had to be relatively inventive with their dinosaurs, swamp monsters, aliens, government G-men, etc., for Lara to nonchalantly massacre like the busty aristocratic sociopath she was. It was impossible to not make the comparison, even though they were still good games.

    The problem might be that going in the Uncharted clone direction (itself a Tomb Raider clone) seems maybe like a squandered opportunity, even if it's still a really fun experience. I mean, historically, what stopped the Nazis was when +20 million men and women in the USSR gave up their lives to crush the Greater German Empire over four years, so at this point, maybe another ahistorical future massacre where their sacrifice apparently meant nothing is a little...tired?

    But Indiana Jones as detective-researcher stopping the Reich from getting its hands on some other ancient Abrahamic superweapon artefact? I could definitely get behidn that personally.

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'd love an adventure game too, but I think we all know that's unlikely. So at least make the Nazi punching good. Like, real good.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Yup. I doubt it will be a point-and-click adventure game. More likely is that it will be an FPS or Tomb Raider/Uncharted style game.

  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Yup. I doubt it will be a point-and-click adventure game. More likely is that it will be an FPS or Tomb Raider/Uncharted style game.

    Yeah, it almost definitely won’t be a point-n-click.

    You know the old proverb: If wishes were fine leather jackets, even Biff the Nazi would probably wear one even though he probably wouldn’t fit into one unless it was a point-n-click graphic adventure game because sometimes those games have silly graphical things in them but it probably won’t be.

    I mean it’s an age-old axiom, but still, one can still wish.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I’m assuming it’ll be a Tombraider style adventure.

    I wonder if it’ll be set pre- first movie, on one of Indy’s earlier adventures.

    I’m assuming it’s a long way off.

  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Pitfall was the first Indiana Jones game.

  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    By the way, this will probably be Xbox exclusive as Microsoft now owns Bethesda.

    Microsoft still hasn't officially bought them out, and cannot legally direct them yet. Meanwhile Bethesda had to make a deal with LucasDisney to get this license, a deal likely predicated on playstation sales. Maybe there's some timed exclusivity or gamepass shenanigans but I bet this still shows up on playstation somehow.

  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Drez wrote: »
    By the way, this will probably be Xbox exclusive as Microsoft now owns Bethesda.

    Microsoft still hasn't officially bought them out, and cannot legally direct them yet. Meanwhile Bethesda had to make a deal with LucasDisney to get this license, a deal likely predicated on playstation sales. Maybe there's some timed exclusivity or gamepass shenanigans but I bet this still shows up on playstation somehow.

    I mean, Sony had to make the same level of dealing to keep spider-man, also a disney property through and through, exclusive to their console.

    We don't know yet, but if every single game in Bethesda's future portfolio is going to be on Sony's hardware as well, what even was the point of buying them?

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    syndalis wrote: »
    We don't know yet, but if every single game in Bethesda's future portfolio is going to be on Sony's hardware as well, what even was the point of buying them?

    Do we even know for sure that making a game exclusive earns more money than launching on as many platforms as possible?

    These days there are so many tools in the toolbox for getting people onto your platform while simultaneously getting money from even those who don't want an Xbox. Timed exclusivity for a year. DLC or minor additions that are only available on your own platform.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    If this were not at an embryonic state of development, as far as I can tell, I would be a lot more confident about a multiplatform release on launch--whenever that happens--including Playstation 5 (and possibly PS4?). Not certain, but confident.

    On top of that, we can't really exclude a "launch + x months/years" arrangement. Several Playstation 5 "exclusives" ended featuring "hope you don't notice" white text detailing that, particularly those from Square-Enix--that's literally how the FFVII Remake "exclusively" launched on PS4. It's also not an area Microsoft is unfamiliar with either, even though, as a major PC publisher, they've made a point about their first-party titles coming to PC immediately or almost immediately through their own marketplace (and now Steam too)--at this point, I basically consider it a decent likelihood that any recent PS4 game that didn't come to Xbox (or Switch) is going to come to PC, whether Sony wants to advertise the fact or not, and just hope they don't half-ass it as they sort of did with Horizon Zero Dawn.

    It's kind of just a reflection of the current industry norms. Anyone remember when Grand Theft Auto III--much less Final Fantasy as a franchise--were Playstation 2 exclusives? Long time ago.

    Synthesis on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    If this were not at an embryonic state of development, as far as I can tell, I would be a lot more confident about a multiplatform release on launch--whenever that happens--including Playstation 5 (and possibly PS4?). Not certain, but confident.

    On top of that, we can't really exclude a "launch + x months/years" arrangement. Several Playstation 5 "exclusives" ended featuring "hope you don't notice" white text detailing that, particularly those from Square-Enix--that's literally how the FFVII Remake "exclusively" launched on PS4. It's also not an area Microsoft is unfamiliar with either, even though, as a major PC publisher, they've made a point about their first-party titles coming to PC immediately or almost immediately through their own marketplace (and now Steam too)--at this point, I basically consider it a decent likelihood that any recent PS4 game that didn't come to Xbox (or Switch) is going to come to PC, whether Sony wants to advertise the fact or not, and just hope they don't half-ass it as they sort of did with Horizon Zero Dawn.

    It's kind of just a reflection of the current industry norms. Anyone remember when Grand Theft Auto III--much less Final Fantasy as a franchise--were Playstation 2 exclusives? Long time ago.

    The big difference here is that Square and R* were independent and simply took money hats to offset the benefit of being multiplatform at the time.

    Bethesda, once this deal closes, will be a Microsoft owned business. Microsoft, in the business of making money, sees mainline exclusive content driving people to buy more of their hardware to play it, which in turn drives licensing revenue across other titles. It stops becoming about single-title sales and about a network/halo effect of having tentpoles like Elder Scrolls or Wolfenstein or Indiana Jones (fingers crossed this is actually good) exclusively in their storefronts and on their consoles. What we don't know is if they will treat it like Rare or Bungie, where mainline products are PC/xbox exclusive with only the rarest of exceptions, or like Minecraft, where that game runs on toasters and refrigerators. Microsoft has precedent for doing both.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    syndalis wrote: »
    We don't know yet, but if every single game in Bethesda's future portfolio is going to be on Sony's hardware as well, what even was the point of buying them?

    Do we even know for sure that making a game exclusive earns more money than launching on as many platforms as possible?

    These days there are so many tools in the toolbox for getting people onto your platform while simultaneously getting money from even those who don't want an Xbox. Timed exclusivity for a year. DLC or minor additions that are only available on your own platform.

    Also, the equation has changed -- it isn't "Hey look at this great game! You have to buy our console to play it." anymore necessarily. Microsoft could look at this more as, "Hey look at this great game! Sure you could play it on a different console, but if you come over here I've got some Games Pass in the trunk where you can play this game and lots of other games and not shell out $60 up front!"

    I'm as excited as I can be for this given that all we know is that it exists. I would lose it over a point-and-click ala Fate of Atlantis, but I'm here for just about any Indy content.

    twmjr on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    If this were not at an embryonic state of development, as far as I can tell, I would be a lot more confident about a multiplatform release on launch--whenever that happens--including Playstation 5 (and possibly PS4?). Not certain, but confident.

    On top of that, we can't really exclude a "launch + x months/years" arrangement. Several Playstation 5 "exclusives" ended featuring "hope you don't notice" white text detailing that, particularly those from Square-Enix--that's literally how the FFVII Remake "exclusively" launched on PS4. It's also not an area Microsoft is unfamiliar with either, even though, as a major PC publisher, they've made a point about their first-party titles coming to PC immediately or almost immediately through their own marketplace (and now Steam too)--at this point, I basically consider it a decent likelihood that any recent PS4 game that didn't come to Xbox (or Switch) is going to come to PC, whether Sony wants to advertise the fact or not, and just hope they don't half-ass it as they sort of did with Horizon Zero Dawn.

    It's kind of just a reflection of the current industry norms. Anyone remember when Grand Theft Auto III--much less Final Fantasy as a franchise--were Playstation 2 exclusives? Long time ago.

    The big difference here is that Square and R* were independent and simply took money hats to offset the benefit of being multiplatform at the time.

    Bethesda, once this deal closes, will be a Microsoft owned business. Microsoft, in the business of making money, sees mainline exclusive content driving people to buy more of their hardware to play it, which in turn drives licensing revenue across other titles. It stops becoming about single-title sales and about a network/halo effect of having tentpoles like Elder Scrolls or Wolfenstein or Indiana Jones (fingers crossed this is actually good) exclusively in their storefronts and on their consoles. What we don't know is if they will treat it like Rare or Bungie, where mainline products are PC/xbox exclusive with only the rarest of exceptions, or like Minecraft, where that game runs on toasters and refrigerators. Microsoft has precedent for doing both.

    Yeah, it seems clear that Bethesda's days as "always multiplatform on day one" publisher are numbered. I suspect they've shifted into "Yeah, you know those Playstation exclusives we inked months ago? They're not going to stay that way forever," space, which is not unusual in the circumstances. Minecraft is that way because Microsoft, very openly, wants Minecraft to be everywhere, including phones--Minecraft Dungeons was the same way, until Microsoft declined to put forward a PS5-re-release the way it had gotten an Xbox Series re-release (though it's obviously still playable on PS5, thanks to Sony's actual legwork), though that could still happen, and a hypothetical Minecraft sequel might be the same way. But Ori 2 never came to Playstation, and Sea of Thieves, despite being an entirely online-focused title, never came to either Playstation or Switch. In general, technical barriers mean these games aren't probably going to come to Switch (so whereas Hellblade came to Switch, the sequel won't be, apparently). And obviously Flight Simulator isn't coming to PS5--but all these games got proper Windows releases, and in the case of FS, are still exclusive to Windows 10.

    This is why I think the game being pretty darn early on isn't super encouraging for a normal multiplatform release. But stranger things have happened. No Man's Sky was going to be the (console) exclusive of the generation, as far as Sony's PR was concerned, but it did eventually come to Xbox One after Hello Games un-fucked it.

  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I'm sure we will be looking at tons of Bethesda exclusives down the road, but the purchase isn't expected to go through until 1st half of fiscal 2021. Bethesda already made deals with Disney to get the license, Microsoft has not shown themselves to rip up prior deals from acquired companies. If they started talks after the purchase was official maybe they could hammer out a deal with the understanding that it would be a Microsoft exclusive, but clearly that didn't happen here, because that would be showing undue control from an unapproved corporate purchase.

  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Not sure if this is better here or in the Steam or Fallen Order threads, but another non-EA game was announced out of the revived Lucasfilm brand -- an open world Star Wars game from Ubisoft.

    https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/1NuKtLdz0qhUg3zgvpLqhL/ubisoft-and-lucasfilm-games-announce-new-story-driven-star-wars-game
    Ubisoft and Lucasfilm Games have announced a collaboration on a new Star Wars game. Development on the project will be led by Massive Entertainment whose expertise and talent will be used to create a story-driven, open-world experience within the Star Wars galaxy that will also utilize the studio’s cutting-edge technology and advancements, including the Snowdrop engine.

    So apparently more The Division than Assassin's Creed or Far Cry.

  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Might need to consider "The Dead Speak! Lucasfilm Games from publishers other than EA" as a more comprehensive thread title?

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was disappointed that this isn't a game about Hoosiers taking an arrow to the knee.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Might need to consider "The Dead Speak! Lucasfilm Games from publishers other than EA" as a more comprehensive thread title?

    I actually did consider many other thread titles that are probably much better and more descriptive than this one. Eh, I'll change it in about five years, two years after it comes out.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Books on ancient circles and forbidden stones.
    Map of the Vatican, plus plane ticket to Rome.
    Sketch of a ziggurat.
    Several pics of tunnel entrances.
    And a blacked out, I presume, OSS report.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Not sure if this is better here or in the Steam or Fallen Order threads, but another non-EA game was announced out of the revived Lucasfilm brand -- an open world Star Wars game from Ubisoft.

    https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/1NuKtLdz0qhUg3zgvpLqhL/ubisoft-and-lucasfilm-games-announce-new-story-driven-star-wars-game
    Ubisoft and Lucasfilm Games have announced a collaboration on a new Star Wars game. Development on the project will be led by Massive Entertainment whose expertise and talent will be used to create a story-driven, open-world experience within the Star Wars galaxy that will also utilize the studio’s cutting-edge technology and advancements, including the Snowdrop engine.

    So apparently more The Division than Assassin's Creed or Far Cry.
    Please god DO NOT make it about a rogue jedi set between the prequels and OT.

    Its the most unoriginal setup and I already got my fill of it with both Force Unleashed and Fallen Order.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    In our new Star Wars game you take on the role of a-
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Please god DO NOT make it about a rogue jedi

    ...uh, a, uh. . . independent force sensitive set during the time betwe-
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    set between the prequels and OT.

    Oh, uh. . . set during an indeterminate period of time between two large scale conflicts?

    Nailed it.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Not sure if this is better here or in the Steam or Fallen Order threads, but another non-EA game was announced out of the revived Lucasfilm brand -- an open world Star Wars game from Ubisoft.

    https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/1NuKtLdz0qhUg3zgvpLqhL/ubisoft-and-lucasfilm-games-announce-new-story-driven-star-wars-game
    Ubisoft and Lucasfilm Games have announced a collaboration on a new Star Wars game. Development on the project will be led by Massive Entertainment whose expertise and talent will be used to create a story-driven, open-world experience within the Star Wars galaxy that will also utilize the studio’s cutting-edge technology and advancements, including the Snowdrop engine.

    So apparently more The Division than Assassin's Creed or Far Cry.
    Please god DO NOT make it about a rogue jedi set between the prequels and OT.

    Its the most unoriginal setup and I already got my fill of it with both Force Unleashed and Fallen Order.

    Well, it's Ubisoft so obviously this will be literally Assassin's Creed: Tatooine, and you'll play a Rogue Rebel that actually wants to defect and become a Jedi and the surprising twist will be that the Jedi are actually the assassin order and the rebels are the templars.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m an idiot and I meant Sith. I forgot that the Jedi are the good guys. God damn.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m an idiot and I meant Sith. I forgot that the Jedi are the good guys. God damn.

    I mean, one of them does kidnap children and trains them to be emotionless child soldiers....

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m an idiot and I meant Sith. I forgot that the Jedi are the good guys. God damn.
    No, you were right the first time.

    Sith are so much more interesting when they're given more wiggle room to be morally gray rather than just mustache twirly.

    The Old Republic was great about in SWTOR.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m an idiot and I meant Sith. I forgot that the Jedi are the good guys. God damn.

    Well, from my point of view ...

  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m an idiot and I meant Sith. I forgot that the Jedi are the good guys. God damn.

    I mean, one of them does kidnap children and trains them to be emotionless child soldiers....

    Yeah, when the Sith train your kidnapped children to be soldiers, at least they teach them to enjoy murder. So much to be said for appreciating your career.

  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    As long as there’s more of a focus on brawling and environmental finishers during like moving set pieces I’ll be fine. He can occasionally use guns but if the gameplay is gun heavy it’ll feel wrong. It also seems a long while off yet

    Prohass on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    All boss fights can only be solved by environmental finishers

    Like hitting them with a plane propellor or pushing them into fire ants

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Honestly more games need environmental finishers

  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Now I'm thinking of Indiana Jones as a Legend of Zelda game

    Going into ancient ruins, finding old artefacts, then getting into seemingly impossible fights that can only be won by using the environment or the newly found artefact against them

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Now I'm thinking of Indiana Jones as a Legend of Zelda game

    Going into ancient ruins, finding old artefacts, then getting into seemingly impossible fights that can only be won by using the environment or the newly found artefact against them

    “You acquired a wrench! Use it to loosen bolts on dangerous, precariously placed machinery”

  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m an idiot and I meant Sith. I forgot that the Jedi are the good guys. God damn.

    I mean, one of them does kidnap children and trains them to be emotionless child soldiers....

    Yeah, when the Sith train your kidnapped children to be soldiers, at least they teach them to enjoy murder. So much to be said for appreciating your career.

    Hah!

    I can’t speak for all the expanded lore, but generally Sith normally only take on adults who are already some level of asshole.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Axen wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m an idiot and I meant Sith. I forgot that the Jedi are the good guys. God damn.

    I mean, one of them does kidnap children and trains them to be emotionless child soldiers....

    Yeah, when the Sith train your kidnapped children to be soldiers, at least they teach them to enjoy murder. So much to be said for appreciating your career.

    Hah!

    I can’t speak for all the expanded lore, but generally Sith normally only take on adults who are already some level of asshole.

    Expanded lore expands it to "angsty teens" as well IIRC, though the examples I know of off the top of my head were made pre-Disney and I'm not sure if any of them survived the EU purge like Thrawn did.

    Did watch a Youtube video a few days ago where a therapist breaks down how the Jedi training as presented in the movies pretty much guarantees that Anakin and Kylo Ren end up the way they do. Apparently, best way to get a teen who shows personality traits associated with Borderline Personality Disorder to develop full blown BPD and start lashing out at anyone who's "failed" them is to tell them the whirlwind of emotions they are feeling is bad and they are bad for being unable to supress them.

    Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TidusTidus Registered User new member
    Well, I still play Legend Of Zelda

Sign In or Register to comment.