As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Smell of the [Chat]

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The Valentine representing my particular obscure fetish
    How hard should I pressing (counter-pressing?) with my thumb?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    It's like, a million times easier to cleanly press down a string with a callus than with a squishy baby-soft fingertip.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    It's like, a million times easier to cleanly press down a string with a callus than with a squishy baby-soft fingertip.

My finger and middle fingers are getting close, pinky finger not so much.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

very little. just enough to stabilize the neck

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    practicing pressing as lightly as you can get away with and still make sound is good practice

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Play ‘till your fingers bleed. When they heal, you’re good.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    You're supposed to have a goal in satisfactory other than "subjugate the land?"

You have to fight off the Na'vi until you discover the true meaning of nature and become Na'vi.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    There is a new host on Jeopardy!.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Who is it

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

Who is it

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/jeopardy-announces-new-guest-hosts-after-alex-trebeks-death/

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ky Kiske
    Gnood evenigngn.

ughhhh

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    bring on the artisanal pringles with vintages and protected origins and restaurant staff dedicated to flavor pairings

• Options
    bring on the artisanal pringles with vintages and protected origins and restaurant staff dedicated to flavor pairings

Flavor pairings of pringles tubes/vintages, or what pringle to pair with what dish?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ugh god microsoft word is 140 dollars??? ughhhhhhh

you can sign up for O365 for like $15/mo

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

... that's more though

• Options

which is a great deal for like 9 months and thereafter becomes an increasingly terrible deal until you've paid $1800 for Microsoft Word over the course of a decade for some reason.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I wonder what Limp Bizkit's been up to recently:

aps1b2u6fe0y.jpg

I see.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/3an7pn/pirate-bay-founder-thinks-parlers-inability-to-stay-online-is-embarrassing
    [The Pirate Bay founder Peter] Kolmisoppi was quick to laugh at the fact that despite being backed by billionaires and parts of the US government, Parler didn’t seem remotely prepared for the justified firestorm it found itself at the center of.

“The most ironic thing is that The Pirate Bay’s enemies include not just the US government but also many European and the Russian one,” he said. “Compared to gab/parlor which is supported by the current president of the US and probably liked by the Russian one too.”
    [...]
    In contrast [to The Pirate Bay's longevity], Parler lost its primary cloud service provider and simply disappeared, seemingly incapable of any adaptation. Meanwhile, thanks to sloppy coding and substandard security standards, researchers are hard at work scraping publicly-available Parler data to help identify platform users who thought it might be fun to flirt with violent sedition on live television.
    [...]
    In more recent years, Kolmoisoppi has moved on to fund Njalla, a privacy-centric domain name registration service. One he says was already asked to host Parler, and refused.

“Of course we wouldn't,” Kolmisoppi said. “We're pro human rights, which includes the right to not be killed by extreme right wing terrorists.”

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Ky Kiske

which is a great deal for like 9 months and thereafter becomes an increasingly terrible deal until you've paid $1800 for Microsoft Word over the course of a decade for some reason.

but also you get all the those other microsoft products

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I have a new player in my D&D game and they want to play a vengeance paladin that serves an archdevil and they're basically ghost rider meanwhile the party spends most of their time playing The Sims in the town they run and... I really want to meet them halfway but...

Uuuuugghhhhhhhhhh

I so do not want to have to waste any time at all justifying why someone would bother associating with the party

override367 on
  • Options
    I've given up on finding a reasonable office suite for chromebook, because they're all dogshit, hilariously expensive, or both

Since it's only my own stuff I'm using it for I've reverted to plain text files

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

but also you get all the those other microsoft products

You could make it up to 30 months of not getting ripped off if you really needed Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and Access, I suppose.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Just get Microsoft Works

• Options
    edited January 2021
    But really, google docs gets you 90% of the way there for free. If you need Word it’s probably for work and then your company should have a license.

Six on
  • Options
    I really really freaking hate subscription software and once I hit the old purchase price of photoshop CS6, I am going to cancel this adobe cloud horse shit and pirate.

I don't care that this is illegal and that I am not allowed to broker my own licensing deal. They are being predatory.

• Options
    I really really freaking hate subscription software and once I hit the old purchase price of photoshop CS6, I am going to cancel this adobe cloud horse shit and pirate.

I don't care that this is illegal and that I am not allowed to broker my own licensing deal. They are being predatory.

I pay Adobe for Lightroom and hate myself for it.

The silver lining is that the mobile versions are actually good and the free web hosting they offer is actually pretty good and makes it easy to build photo portfolio sites from Lightroom so now I’m paying Adobe for Lightroom and my personal website hosting which still sucks but sucks a tiny bit less.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I have a new player in my D&D game and they want to play a vengeance paladin that serves an archdevil and they're basically ghost rider meanwhile the party spends most of their time playing The Sims in the town they run and... I really want to meet them halfway but...

Uuuuugghhhhhhhhhh

I so do not want to have to waste any time at all justifying why someone would bother associating with the party

The arch devil tells him to work with the party and do what they say for its own inscrutable purposes (Tbd)

Queue the hilarity of ghost rider doing errands around town through gritted, flaming teeth

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Zappa

going to watch this @ sundance this year.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Yeah, I think I may be doing something wrong here, or maybe Donk's point about calluses is just something I need work on.

• Options
    Non-pirated Photoshop CC runs a super invasive, CPU sucking licensing service that frequently crashes and takes photoshop with it and eats my work. Gonna really cry when that one goes away.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    But really, google docs gets you 90% of the way there for free. If you need Word it’s probably for work and then your company should have a license.

Ok yes I just did google docs and was able to remove the formatting that was breaking

Rad thx

It’s just formatting a resume so nothing too complex

• Options
    The trouble with google docs is that it's so heavily embedded with google drive that it's useless if you need a standalone file, e.g. because it needs to exist in an independent filing system for sharing or research

You can technically re-import and the re-export every time you need to edit but this is a tremendous pain in the arse and means you have to fight with drive's horrible interface as you try to keep track of the dozens of duplicate versions this generated

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Non-pirated Photoshop CC runs a super invasive, CPU sucking licensing service that frequently crashes and takes photoshop with it and eats my work. Gonna really cry when that one goes away.

I'm going to eventually switch to one of the non-subscription services because every "update" ends up making cloud more frustrating to work with and is not worth it for a comfortable interface alone.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

Yeah, I think I may be doing something wrong here, or maybe Donk's point about calluses is just something I need work on.

it is 100% the case that people learning how to play stringed instruments press too hard

definitely developing callouses makes it easier not to

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zappa
    you don't particularly need much grip strength to play a stringed instrument

it's more precision from practice and muscle memory

Mostly I'm just having a hard time with my pinky not managing to get it all the way down when I've got to use basicaly any of my other fingers.

i've been playing 25 years and i still can't actually move my pinkie independently haha

it'll get better if you practice doing it. just make chord shapes and hold them, don't worry about playing at first. once you can do that somewhat quickly, it'll be easier to start doing it at playing speed

Rock Band!

It makes you do reaches that you'd realistically never really do while playing guitar. As a result I'm right handed but have more independent range of motion with the fingers on my left to the point where I can touch my pinky to my palm while keeping all of my other fingers straight.

What's that? Why do I get recurring ganglion cysts in my left wrist? I don't know what you're talking about...
    >_>
    <_<
    >_>

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Zappa
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I wonder what Limp Bizkit's been up to recently:

aps1b2u6fe0y.jpg

I see.

still better than Trapt.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zappa
    god this mandolin is so out of tune and these strings are like ten years old. i haven't played it in ages

but you repeat yourself

This discussion has been closed.