As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Smell of the [Chat]

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The Valentine representing my particular obscure fetish
    Chanus wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    How hard should I pressing (counter-pressing?) with my thumb?

very little. just enough to stabilize the neck

Yeah, I think I may be doing something wrong here, or maybe Donk's point about calluses is just something I need work on.

it is 100% the case that people learning how to play stringed instruments press too hard

definitely developing callouses makes it easier not to

Yeah, I can feel some definite discomfort from my thumb trying to make some of these chords. Luckily I don't need any of them for the song I'm trying to learn before Valentines day.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Jokerman wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I wonder what Limp Bizkit's been up to recently:

aps1b2u6fe0y.jpg

I see.

still better than Trapt.
    Considering the lead singer of Trapt (at least, dunno about the rest of the band) is an unabashed racist fash, I'd agree.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Sol Badguy
    Elendil wrote: »

What is the next-gen version going to do differently?

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Maybe the next gen update will come at the same time it goes on sale and I’ll be doubly tempted to buy it

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Sol Badguy
    Six wrote: »
    Maybe the next gen update will come at the same time it goes on sale and I’ll be doubly tempted to buy it

Control did that. Ultimate Edition for PS5 launched at half price.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zappa

aps1b2u6fe0y.jpg

I see.

still better than Trapt.

Trapt flaked on shows here three years in a row at the same venue (which they kept booking them I'll never know)

I was really annoyed at the time but then social media happened and I was retroactively very pleased about the refunds

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Door dash, bring me some Colonel, original recipe.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Play on a PS5/XBox w/e at better PC resolutions/framerates.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options

If it's pressed onto a new disc with all the up to date patches, the game will at least be somewhat playable before having to download all the patches.

As someone who enjoys physical media, it's the reason I am waiting to buy it.

As unplayable as the game was at launch, don't forget, that's with a massive day 1 patch. Think about how it ran before even that. Reviewers even said they had patches before launch and it was crazy broken.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Cyberpunk could have been a game of the year if it were released in 2021. Drop the last gen versions, they'll never be good. Lean into raytracing. Actually finish the game.

It's got good bones and the story is great!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Sol Badguy

Meh. What about raytracing?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Zappa
    @P10 I thought I was going to get annihilated as soon as I tried online but I won my first ranked match

Time to retire with a 100% winrate

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Zappa

aps1b2u6fe0y.jpg

I see.

still better than Trapt.
    Considering the lead singer of Trapt (at least, dunno about the rest of the band) is an unabashed racist fash, I'd agree.

He got kicked off of twitter for defending statutory rape.

• Options
    edited January 2021

aps1b2u6fe0y.jpg

I see.

still better than Trapt.

Add it to the list.

The guy's just too headstrong.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have a new player in my D&D game and they want to play a vengeance paladin that serves an archdevil and they're basically ghost rider meanwhile the party spends most of their time playing The Sims in the town they run and... I really want to meet them halfway but...

Uuuuugghhhhhhhhhh

I so do not want to have to waste any time at all justifying why someone would bother associating with the party

Merc. Just make them a merc for the town that has specific skills.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zappa
    I remember when Chris Brown and Rhianna thing was all over the news feeling bad for the leader singer of Trapt.

Buuuuut it turns there's more than one piece of shit named Chris Brown.

• Options
    Sol Badguy
    good bones

Hot take: Cyberpunk is the Daikatana of our times.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Gritty is the hero we deserve. Also the embodiment of the city Philadelphia. So you know angry, fights, and is full of "brotherly love."

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

what do they mean "next gen update"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Zappa

aps1b2u6fe0y.jpg

I see.

still better than Trapt.

Add it to the list.

The guy's just too headstrong.

Oh he's going on a list, alright....

• Options

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

:biggrin: Just shared this with my wife

"whatever PR guy they have running him...just let them work. Gritty is perfect, don't interfere."

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    ugh god microsoft word is 140 dollars??? ughhhhhhh

you can sign up for O365 for like $15/mo

I'm still using Office 2010 that I got a license key for like $10 through a previous employer.

My work stuff is still on 16 I think but I'm not spending money when the 2010 stuff is fine.

• Options
    edited January 2021

????

It runs on those systems right now. That's some weird branding - if it runs better on those it should run better on PC, too, hopefully?

I wonder if they're trying to port DLSS or something

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    Zappa
    We were at risk of losing Gritty?

• Options
    Sol Badguy
    Blech. I made a pitcher of iced tea and it has a bitter aftertaste. What did I do wrong?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Blech. I made a pitcher of iced tea and it has a bitter aftertaste. What did I do wrong?

Steeped it too long?

The ice is going to mask general bitterness, but you'll get some on the back end after you take a sip and the tea warms up in your mouth

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    CP2077 will probably go on sale the time I can finally buy the video card I want at MSRP.

Which, ironically will probably have crept up to what I could have gotten it from a scalper for back in October. Looking at you Evga and Zoltac.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

which is a great deal for like 9 months and thereafter becomes an increasingly terrible deal until you've paid $1800 for Microsoft Word over the course of a decade for some reason.

but also you get all the those other microsoft products

You could make it up to 30 months of not getting ripped off if you really needed Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and Access, I suppose.

Also you get to play the fun games of "is my computer broken, or are O365's login servers down again?" and "goddamit, I already uninstalled OneDrive five times, why does it keep coming back?"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Sol Badguy

Steeped it too long?

Very likely. The box says leave the tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes. I didn't time it but went with my gut while I cleaned.

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    CP2077 will probably go on sale the time I can finally buy the video card I want at MSRP.

Which, ironically will probably have crept up to what I could have gotten it from a scalper for back in October. Looking at you Evga and Zoltac.

Tariff exemptions expiring fucked everyone

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Is gritty just going to be running around doing crazy shit in the empty arena while the hockey game is going, because that sounds amazing.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Tariff exemptions expiring fucked everyone

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

????

It runs on those systems right now. That's some weird branding - if it runs better on those it should run better on PC, too, hopefully?

I wonder if they're trying to port DLSS or something

Right, but my understanding is that it looks basically the exact same on PS4 vs PS5, whereas its much better on PC? So the "Next Gen Update" is when they manage to make it not look like shit on the PS5.

• Options
    Zappa
    whales are rad

if it weren't for humans I would gladly be a whale

like a whale circa a million years ago maybe

• Options

I'm still using Office 2010 that I got a license key for like $10 through a previous employer.

My work stuff is still on 16 I think but I'm not spending money when the 2010 stuff is fine.

For a home user, I can't think of anything that makes 2013/16/19 categorically better than 2010.

Outlook, when connecting to Exchange (either a corporate on-premises server or O365), is light years better in 2013+ than it was in 2010.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Is gritty just going to be running around doing crazy shit in the empty arena while the hockey game is going, because that sounds amazing.

he's just been sitting with his cardboard standie of Kevin Hayes so far

but that is in its own way amazing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

he's just been sitting with his cardboard standie of Kevin Hayes so far

but that is in its own way amazing

iirc he did a gender reveal he was supposed to do in march for a kid that was born in august.

This discussion has been closed.