As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Windows doesn't recognize my [Game Controllers & Other Input Peripherals] thread

2»

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So! Mice!

Over in the PC Build thread, I basically expressed that I want to get a good mouse for work when I return to the office. Currently I'm using a G700s, that no longer has full button support in Windows 10. Its successor was recommended, but it looks quite.. sharp. :)

I think I've got a few basic requirements:

Must be wireless (I take my mouse to meetings sometimes).
    Must have multiple buttons, at least back and forward.
    Must be really precise at detecting stuff.

I think this limits me quite a bit. I'm looking at the Logitech MX Master 3, per Wirecutter, but it is so weird having a mag-chuck on the scroll wheel, and having the side-tilt replaced by a thumb wheel. I think it would be cool given the type of stuff I work on, but.. it's also a $100 investment, which is QUITE high.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    How precise is precise here? Something like a Logitech M720 should be plenty, unless you're going to start playing FPSs while at work or something.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I have a G604 I like a lot. Similar # of buttons to the 700s, except more of them are on the side. Fairly comfortable, may be taller than some like by YMMV?