Options

Far Right DC Putsch thread 2

134689101

Posts

  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Baked Alaska has pending assault charges in AZ, skipped out on his first court date and left the state when he wasn't supposed to. Don't think that's going to help him get out on bail for this one.

    good thing he didn't

    y'know

    record himself in washington dc while he was out on bail in arizona. that woulda been really stupid

    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    oh they're tryin' alright

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I'm laughing at the thought of a bunch of these idiots destroying their phone only for none of it to matter cause their cell provider already has records of what cell towers their phones were connected to during the capitol attack.

    Reminds me of all those times in Breaking Bad when characters would hang up their burner flip phone and then dramatically snap it in half. Like... I get the intent and that it's a cinematic shortcut, but that ain't how phones work. It's one step up from "I'm being hacked!" and smashing your monitor.

  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    SimBen wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Dumile was refused reentry to the United States in late 2010 after completing a European tour.[102] Although he had lived in the country for most of his life, he never became a naturalized citizen.[60][103] He had previously avoided leaving the United States—it had only been his second international tour—but had acquired a British passport prior to the tour. He had believed he would be able to secure reentry based on his longterm residency and family connections.[102] The denial of reentry forced Dumile apart from his wife and three children, and for nearly two years he saw them only via video calls or during their brief visits to the United Kingdom. He was reunited with his family when they moved to London in 2012.[10] The same year, Dumile said he was "done with the United States".[102]
    Looks like he pulled a Kuribo's Shoe. Thats hardly the president's (or vice president's) fault.

    No, the president and VP are exactly who should be blamed for the oppressive immigration policies that forced MF DOOM to spend years separated from his family.

    If the warehouse temp with a vietnamese accent thicker than molassus can study and pass the citizenship test while I'm packing boxes with her, the guy on world tours and filming promos for Adult swim can do it.
    KalTorak wrote: »
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I'm laughing at the thought of a bunch of these idiots destroying their phone only for none of it to matter cause their cell provider already has records of what cell towers their phones were connected to during the capitol attack.

    Reminds me of all those times in Breaking Bad when characters would hang up their burner flip phone and then dramatically snap it in half. Like... I get the intent and that it's a cinematic shortcut, but that ain't how phones work. It's one step up from "I'm being hacked!" and smashing your monitor.

    You weren't here for the tehran green revolution threads, were you?

    RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    i believe that trump believes he won

    i think hes such a clinical narcissist that he genuinely does not believe he could lose

    everyone else tho?

    Personally I think both this take, and the alternate possibility that he knew he lost and that all of his actions have been to keep himself and his family out of prison, are equally plausible.

  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    august on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

    500 rounds? Seriously? Dude had a high opinion of his survivablity seeing it's four days till the inauguration and the town has so many National Guardsman right now that they're literally napping on government-building floors.

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

    omg these people have no idea of object permanence in a digital world

    He's like 20! How does he not know how this works??

    Apparently once you get under like 25ish tech illiteracy starts to go up again because those kids grew up in an era where everything is very straightforward and just works more or less fine.

    This is what I am given to understand by my teacher friends.

    Yeah, my little brother is a testament to this. I basically have to help him with his computer/tech questions just as much as anyone else in my family.

  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Edit: thought this was saying Boebert quit the House, my bad

    august on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    No way someone like her ever quits, she'll need to either get primaried or be shown the door by the House.

    People have found some videos of her mother and the apple did not fall far from the tree here.

  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So the conspiracy theory that goes along with that resignation: Boebert's mom is one of the people who got a tour on the 5th. Boebert claims her mom was on lockdown with her communications director during the riot. If that's not true, it would be a good reason to gtfo.

    Edit: I can't find any evidence googling that Boebert actually gave her mom a tour on the 5th. She did however claim her mother was on lockdown with her "staff."

    august on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    So the conspiracy theory that goes along with that resignation: Boebert's mom is one of the people who got a tour on the 5th. Boebert claims her mom was on lockdown with her communications director during the riot. If that's not true, it would be a good reason to gtfo.

    If she's smart, comms now has a lawyer.

    Considering who she works for, 50/50?

  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »

    500 rounds? Seriously? Dude had a high opinion of his survivablity seeing it's four days till the inauguration and the town has so many National Guardsman right now that they're literally napping on government-building floors.

    With ammo as scarce as it is and the strict guns laws of the capitol I would give good odds this was to give it to other people. I wonder if it was all loaded into magazines (which would be a ton of magazines) or if he had it in boxes.

    webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    100% boxes. It's only 10 small boxes. Not much space or weight needed.

  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Also to add on to the Boebert thing: there's footage of a woman who somewhat resembles Boebert's mom at the riot, although it's far from definitive.

    This person seems to have knowledge of the building layout.

    Civilian investigators have deleted their threads asking for knowledge of this person, which usually means they are pretty certain they have it right and that the FBI is in motion.

    However, unlike all the other suspects I'm aware of, we don't know the identity of this person yet. That might be because the investigation around said person is more serious because it involves conspiracy with a congressperson.

    august on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I'm laughing at the thought of a bunch of these idiots destroying their phone only for none of it to matter cause their cell provider already has records of what cell towers their phones were connected to during the capitol attack.

    Reminds me of all those times in Breaking Bad when characters would hang up their burner flip phone and then dramatically snap it in half. Like... I get the intent and that it's a cinematic shortcut, but that ain't how phones work. It's one step up from "I'm being hacked!" and smashing your monitor.

    I feel like somebody HAS to have parodied this, like someone tries to snap an iPhone in half, can’t, drops it on the ground and has to stomp on it a comical number of times to get it to turn off, then cut to the police with the cracked iPhone in an evidence bag going so yeah we got the call and GPS off the cell tower and the SIM is intact so we recovered this guy’s entire contact list, passwords and browsing history

    sig.gif
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Some repubs have been whining about cancel culture just because they tried to support a coup.

    There should be a browser extension that changes "cancel culture" to "consequences for my actions"

    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Just wanted to say...PA and this thread in particular are keeping me sane during all this insane shit. It reminds me I'm not alone in my line of thinking, being in a hard red state and surrounded by conspiracy theorist trumpers. Because it sure feels like I'm on an island quite a bit, outside the few confirmed good people around me.

    Thank you, folks.

    Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    august wrote: »
    Baked Alaska has pending assault charges in AZ, skipped out on his first court date and left the state when he wasn't supposed to. Don't think that's going to help him get out on bail for this one.

    good thing he didn't

    y'know

    record himself in washington dc while he was out on bail in arizona. that woulda been really stupid

    It worked for Tiny Toese for a while, even when he was on parole and forbidden from leaving the state. A lot of these assholes have 4+ years of learned behavior that it’s cool to do whatever they want.

    David Walgas on
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »
    Some repubs have been whining about cancel culture just because they tried to support a coup.

    There should be a browser extension that changes "cancel culture" to "consequences for my actions"

    I wish this was just republicans, all of the centrist type people who I follow on podcasts, occasionally, keep trying to do the ol' false equivalency, a couple of them even parroting the same line 'wokeistan and magastan'.

    What did a country ending in 'stan, ever do to you, centrists?

  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    user wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    Some repubs have been whining about cancel culture just because they tried to support a coup.

    There should be a browser extension that changes "cancel culture" to "consequences for my actions"

    I wish this was just republicans, all of the centrist type people who I follow on podcasts, occasionally, keep trying to do the ol' false equivalency, a couple of them even parroting the same line 'wokeistan and magastan'.

    What did a country ending in 'stan, ever do to you, centrists?

    Even worse are the lefty types who are also "free speech advocates"

    Like you wanna talk about infuriating, try listening to someone you agree with on pretty much every important issue advocate for keeping fash on platforms because "censorship"

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    user wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    Some repubs have been whining about cancel culture just because they tried to support a coup.

    There should be a browser extension that changes "cancel culture" to "consequences for my actions"

    I wish this was just republicans, all of the centrist type people who I follow on podcasts, occasionally, keep trying to do the ol' false equivalency, a couple of them even parroting the same line 'wokeistan and magastan'.

    What did a country ending in 'stan, ever do to you, centrists?

    Countries ending in stan is just the latest fashionable way to be casually racist

    sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I say latest but I’m sure I could find hack jokes like that going back at least 40 years

    sig.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The way I see it is we should look at Twitter and Facebook as a Denny's and not a particularly well run or maintained Denny's. If you get caught shitting on the floor or loudly plotting to kidnap and kill members of congress you get kicked out of the Denny's.

    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Olivaw wrote: »
    user wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    Some repubs have been whining about cancel culture just because they tried to support a coup.

    There should be a browser extension that changes "cancel culture" to "consequences for my actions"

    I wish this was just republicans, all of the centrist type people who I follow on podcasts, occasionally, keep trying to do the ol' false equivalency, a couple of them even parroting the same line 'wokeistan and magastan'.

    What did a country ending in 'stan, ever do to you, centrists?

    Even worse are the lefty types who are also "free speech advocates"

    Like you wanna talk about infuriating, try listening to someone you agree with on pretty much every important issue advocate for keeping fash on platforms because "censorship"

    Certainly, I can self-id as someone who made the transition from being a former free speech absolutist to being a a good bit more nuanced about it.

    One thing I read recently, on this very forum is that tolerance ought to be like a peace treaty, in other words you have to treat it a lot less like an a moral imperative in and of itself, and more like binding bi-lateral agreement that both sides have to adhere to or its off.


    Frankly I like that, because I don't have to give intolerance any respect -- since it doesn't deserve it, and moreover people who spout hate simply have bad ideas and my being intolerant of their ideas is not at all the same as my being intolerant of something intrinsic to their identity. Ideas are mutable.

    Edit: typos

    user on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cello wrote: »

    I am hearing this may have been misreported, supposedly the man was a private security guard hired to work on the capitol grounds but whoever hired him did not get him proper authorization to be there, thus he was arrested when he tried to go in to do his job. He supposedly didn't try to offer fake ID, just lacked the credentials to be let into the area.

    That's a lot of ammo, though.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    You're probably not a very good security guard if you didn't know about the weapons ban in the green zone.

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I've known several people in private security and the thought of any of them having 500 rounds of ammo on them is ludicrous

  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    user wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    user wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    Some repubs have been whining about cancel culture just because they tried to support a coup.

    There should be a browser extension that changes "cancel culture" to "consequences for my actions"

    I wish this was just republicans, all of the centrist type people who I follow on podcasts, occasionally, keep trying to do the ol' false equivalency, a couple of them even parroting the same line 'wokeistan and magastan'.

    What did a country ending in 'stan, ever do to you, centrists?

    Even worse are the lefty types who are also "free speech advocates"

    Like you wanna talk about infuriating, try listening to someone you agree with on pretty much every important issue advocate for keeping fash on platforms because "censorship"

    Certainly, I can self-id as someone who made the transition from being a former free speech absolutist to being a a good bit more nuanced about it.

    One thing I read recently, on this very forum is that tolerance ought to be like a peace treaty, in other words you have to treat it a lot less like an a moral imperative in and of itself, and more like binding bi-lateral agreement that both sides have to adhere to or its off.


    Frankly I like that, because I don't have to give intolerance any respect -- since it doesn't deserve it, and moreover people who spout hate simply have bad ideas and my being intolerant of their ideas is not at all the same as my being intolerant of something intrinsic to their identity. Ideas are mutable.

    Edit: typos

    To your point, As the saying goes, “Don’t make me tap the sign”

    [the Sign is just Popper’s “Paradox of Tolerance” and Sartre’s “Anti-Semite and Jew”]

    We’ve been dealing with this shit since World War II, and arguably far longer. And seems like much of post-war society forgot to remember the damn lesson from the first time around regarding this fascist shit we’re facing again. You don’t tolerate it, you don’t appease it. You tell it to get the fuck out, or else.

    Lanz on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I've known several people in private security and the thought of any of them having 500 rounds of ammo on them is ludicrous

    Reading the story the claim seems to be that he was late for his gig guarding some tv equipment and forgot he had all that ammo in his truck, then got lost and tried to get off on one of the many exits that's a military checkpoint.

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I've known several people in private security and the thought of any of them having 500 rounds of ammo on them is ludicrous

    Reading the story the claim seems to be that he was late for his gig guarding some tv equipment and forgot he had all that ammo in his truck, then got lost and tried to get off on one of the many exits that's a military checkpoint.

    I .... guess that could be possible ....

    but that's .... I don't know

  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I've known several people in private security and the thought of any of them having 500 rounds of ammo on them is ludicrous

    Same, I also interact with several people that run escorts on large currency exchanges and deliveries. The most hardcore among them top out at about 30 rounds, usually whats in the holstered weapon and 2-3 spare mags and 1 in the profession who also normally has a small 5-shot .38 in an ankle holster as a fallback.

    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    100% boxes. It's only 10 small boxes. Not much space or weight needed.

    Awww, between this and the news that he was just a guard, there goes my mental image of him being caught because he tried to sneak across the checkpoint under a cardboard box only for the police to hear those bullets jingle-jangling around in his overstuffed pockets.

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Article says he kept the shotgun and handgun in his car as well as the ammo and forgot it inside (and also had a goofy pro-gun sticker on the car)

    Which mostly just makes me ask who fuckin' needs to keep their guns and 500 rounds in their car but y'know

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It would make sense for his claim he forgot about it. 500 for a job or hunting? A lot. 500 for a day out at the range? Not actually that much depending on what's being done. And if the ammo was unrelated to his pistol then 500 22lr easy fits in a small box (about the size of a brick).

  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Article says he kept the shotgun and handgun in his car as well as the ammo and forgot it inside (and also had a goofy pro-gun sticker on the car)

    Which mostly just makes me ask who fuckin' needs to keep their guns and 500 rounds in their car but y'know

    Ir3difi.png

    Pretty much answers the question right there.

  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    The bad thing about this Q shit is that some people might accept Q was fake, but will not for one second consider the idea that their enemies are not baby eating demon worshippers. This will just make them more angry and desperate.

  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    why does that person have a blue check

    are they a verified sociopath?

This discussion has been closed.