As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cyberpunk 2077 | Big Patch Out, Expansion in 2023

1495051525355»

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’ve had the stash wall filled in most of my playthroughs. Maybe it’s a bug, but most iconic weapons you put into your stash should show up.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 3
    Since picking up a cheap copy on Xbox, I'm a bit over 40 hours into this game (I never played on anything other than my Series X). Which is much more than every other CDPR game I've ever played combined. :lol:

On top of that, I bought it on "sale" on Steam after hearing about the small but inventive mod scene (I also have an RTX 3080TI; console-side raytracing looked cool in a few scenes, but is absolutely not worth the framerate and resolution price), which I'll probably look into after completing this on console. I say "sale", because apparently Steam was still normally charging full MSRP for the game almost two years later.

Synthesis on
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Since picking up a cheap copy on Xbox, I'm a bit over 40 hours into this game (I never played on anything other than my Series X). Which is much more than every other CDPR game I've ever played combined. :lol:

On top of that, I bought it on "sale" on Steam after hearing about the small but inventive mod scene (I also have an RTX 3080TI; console-side raytracing looked cool in a few scenes, but is absolutely not worth the framerate and resolution price), which I'll probably look into after completing this on console. I say "sale", because apparently Steam CDPR was still normally charging full MSRP for the game almost two years later.

Valve doesn't set the pricing of games on their store.

Is full price 2 years later an unusual thing? It seem fairly normal to me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Fencingsax
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

On top of that, I bought it on "sale" on Steam after hearing about the small but inventive mod scene (I also have an RTX 3080TI; console-side raytracing looked cool in a few scenes, but is absolutely not worth the framerate and resolution price), which I'll probably look into after completing this on console. I say "sale", because apparently Steam CDPR was still normally charging full MSRP for the game almost two years later.

I couldn't tell you, but the console release, new-in-box, is available for $20. Maybe it's normal for Steam, rather than console.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Only if the game's selling pretty decently.

Given the situation I could imagine the PC version being the best seller, with the ability to mod/fix stuff.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Registered User regular
    I just did a quick check on a few titles on Steam. Dark Souls 3 is $59.99 after 6 years, Skyrim VR is $59.99 after 4 years, and Civ6 is $59.99 after 5 years. Total War: Warhammer is $59.99 after 6 years right alongside TW:WH2 and nearly-new TW:WH3 at the same price.

If it's selling fine at a given price, it makes no business sense to lower it. Witcher 3 is only down to $39.99.

I assume console versions aren't selling well. And probably have to compete with used copies as well. Maybe? Are used console games still a thing?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Fencingsax
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    They tend to leave the price as it is, but CP2077 has been a pretty regular appearance on sales.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    FencingsaxGoodKingJayIIIOlivaw
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    So I've been playing more of this on my PS4 since I'mon lay-off and while things seemed better in a lot of ways at first... the game seems to have gotten worse performance wise; I've gotten stuck more often in level geometry and/or fallen through the world, robots still are finicky regarding looting them, and the game crashes if I play long enough.

Like yes: last gen. I know. But all I want this stupid thing to do is have basic functionality locked down which shouldn't be a problem 17 months out from release.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 3
    I just did a quick check on a few titles on Steam. Dark Souls 3 is $59.99 after 6 years, Skyrim VR is $59.99 after 4 years, and Civ6 is $59.99 after 5 years. Total War: Warhammer is $59.99 after 6 years right alongside TW:WH2 and nearly-new TW:WH3 at the same price.

If it's selling fine at a given price, it makes no business sense to lower it. Witcher 3 is only down to $39.99.

I assume console versions aren't selling well. And probably have to compete with used copies as well. Maybe? Are used console games still a thing?

Even after the big patch to fix things Best Buy did another $10 fire sale, so yeah, I'm guessing this game won't have the long tail CD Projekt Red was hoping for.

Edit: I was wrong, Best Buy didn't drop it to $10. They dropped it to $5.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293

After 2 years I generally see prices drop by 5-10 bucks. Sony runs sales too. So a 10 dollar reduction and then their sale will often allow me games at 20-30 bucks, which is why I have a solid backlog of ps4 games.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the reason the store versions are cheap is because this is a cyber game, the physical version is literally useless and has no cyberspace presence

obF2Wuw.png
    FencingsaxMechMantisBladeXAndy JoezepherinhtmElki
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    It’s been 40-50% off during a number of sales, and it will be again. Heck, the only reason I bought it was because it was 50% off during the Thanksgiving sale.

Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
    FleebSynthesiszepherin
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    So I've been playing more of this on my PS4 since I'mon lay-off and while things seemed better in a lot of ways at first... the game seems to have gotten worse performance wise; I've gotten stuck more often in level geometry and/or fallen through the world, robots still are finicky regarding looting them, and the game crashes if I play long enough.

Like yes: last gen. I know. But all I want this stupid thing to do is have basic functionality locked down which shouldn't be a problem 17 months out from release.

I got the platinum trophy on a base PS4. It's much more playable now then it was at launch but that is such a low bar to clear. At least the game is generous with auto saves. Saved me quite a few times.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    If it's still selling at that price it makes sense. And psychologically a 50% sale might trigger more sales than if the base price was less and it was say a 20% sale.

zepherin
    BladeX wrote: »
    If it's still selling at that price it makes sense. And psychologically a 50% sale might trigger more sales than if the base price was less and it was say a 20% sale.
    Oh absolutely, there is a lot of psychology and timing behind pricing and sales.

And like the Lemming I am, I keep a list of favorite games and when one goes on a good enough sale I purchase it, feeding the machine.

FencingsaxGiantGeek2020Skeithstompingbadger85