As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    TBH, you just need to keep doing them every week. I'm nearing on 5 of each type of billet, and I'm not sure what to even use them on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Got my first weapon to level 90 and now I'm poor as hell!

Progress!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I've decided to start getting characters that I have a c6 of to at least 80 and ready to be put on a team if I wanted. So I chose Beidou as the first candidate. I have her levelled up now, but didn't really have ideal artifacts. I also need to get some more gold books to get skill/burst in a good spot. Which of course, levelling her up depleted my resources for levelling Baal whenever she drops, although I bet her boss item will be different anyway, so it's really just electro crystals I've been using.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Xantus wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    ah yes, in New-Not-Russia. when you follow a Seelie to it's destination, it will trap you in a cube of ice that can only be cleared by logging out.

the treasure chest will also spawn in a random location on the map with no guiding beacon.

pulled a 5* today... Skyward pride claymore.. i guess now my Beidou will have a real weapon.. or maybe i should just give it to Chongyun to be super-cryo everything and give Beidou the Sacrificial.

Skyward Pride is excellent, but if you want to give it to Chongyun there's a claymore from a quest in Inazuma that's practically made for Beidou.

yeah i just got that claymore BP yesterday.. but since I didn't know it existed.. 3 days ago I spent the claymore billet i got another prototype archaic ;p

am i just really unlucky for weapon billet drops, or is it normal to have gone all the way up to ar46 and only seen 1 drop from all the world bosses >.>

As others have said they are exceedingly rare. It feels as though they upped their drop rate a little since 1.7, but in the early days of 1.0 they were way more common.

Yeah, I agree with this perception. When the game dropped, and billets had a different name, they were a relatively common drop from Dvalin (not so much Big Dog), but by the time time Childe Fight was released, billets were very rare. Seems they want to make them into more of a quest reward-tier item and thankfully they put them into the Regional Leveling reward structures.
    FWIW, I saw some anecdotal data pre drop change that indicated WL had an inverse effect on Billet drops. Presumably the drop tables were a little fucky and more stuff getting dropped at higher WLs just diluted away your billet chances.
    Mirkel wrote: »
    For housing I'm more than content just slapping down as much stuff as I can wherever I can. I didn't really go out of my way for it outside of whacking trees that I happen to pass by, and now am getting a free 60 resin, some artifact xp, and mora every week. Definitely worth it for those of us who don't really care, and a neat feature for people who do.

It does take a while to get there since all the good stuff is locked behind level 8. Until then you are just building and building with no real reward. Once you get there the passive income is sweet though.

I'm still not level 10 since as far as I can see it doesn't unlock anything really useful, but if I keep on getting blueprints as event/quest rewards I figured I'll eventually hit lvl 10 too.
    The key things that matter are the new big set pieces that give you rewards from specific characters when you place them as Companions. Everything else is cosmetic. And if you build all the big sets, you get pretty close to 20k just from that, possibly even over it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I just wish there was a better way to track what you need for the big sets. Once I'm finally finished getting and building all the blueprints, I might need to break out a pencil and paper

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    You mean a spreadsheet, right? That'd be a big piece of paper.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    76 pulls to get a dupe Keqing, now 81 deep for Ayaka.

Game is playing hard to get but I guess that's fine. I'm at least enjoying it again after I took a decent break.

Story still feels like Honkai is keeping all the good writers tho.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    For those that have Amazon Prime and a Twitch account, Genshin is giving out Prime Gaming rewards. It's not much but this month is 60 Primos plus some Exp books and food.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Anybody else saving their standard banner fates? There's been quite a lot of talk about them adding more stuff to it during the next patch, not sure if any of those have been verified yet though. I figured since I don't really need anything from the standard banner right now I might as well stash them for now.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    edit: wrong thread lol

uh, Inazuma pretty?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Anybody else saving their standard banner fates? There's been quite a lot of talk about them adding more stuff to it during the next patch, not sure if any of those have been verified yet though. I figured since I don't really need anything from the standard banner right now I might as well stash them for now.

I could see something like that for the aniversary, though I don't know who they'd add atm.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    i had decided over the weekend to give up on wishing for ayaka..

then the sakura tree gave me 2 purplefates... so i decided, what the hell.
    and, hello ayaka! i was only around pull 70.

it'll be a long while before I can spare the wits to level her.. and i find the perpetual machine boss really annoying ;p
    but i'm glad to have that weapon materials upgrade passive :D

at this point i'm planning on just saving all my wishes until there's some big change/announcement.

Xantus on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I could see something like that for the aniversary, though I don't know who they'd add atm.

Maybe they add Xinyan and Rosaria to the pool? Or some of the 4* gacha weapons?

No idea.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that the likes of Rosaria and Yanfei are already in the general 4* pool. Spicing up the weapons might be nice, though.

• Options
    I definitely just pulled Rosaria while fishing on the weapon banner, so she at least it's in the general pool.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Do a huge rate-up event for Amber/Kaeya/Lisa imo

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that the likes of Rosaria and Yanfei are already in the general 4* pool. Spicing up the weapons might be nice, though.

Yeah they add 4* characters to the standard pool right after their first banner ends so if nothing else saving my fates gives me a 0.0001% chance of getting a Sayu. The general consensus seems to be that they'd add some 5*s into the banner too eventually, like possibly Klee and Childe who already had a rerun. Nothing reliable so far though, mostly just speculation.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    maybe they don't want to dilute the pool too much considering the standard wish already has 15 possiblities for 5*... the weapon banner has 11.

some sort of monthy shuffle or rotation would be nice..

Xantus on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I should probably start pulling on the weapon banner. I have a ton of high-tier 5-stars and c6 4-stars equipped with mostly crap weapons.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    I should probably start pulling on the weapon banner. I have a ton of high-tier 5-stars and c6 4-stars equipped with mostly crap weapons.

One good source for weapons is buying them from shop with Masterless Starglitter, the Blackcliff weapons are pretty damn good. And of course if you don't mind spending some cash the BP weapons are mostly great.

• Options
    in Teyvat they say there's always a place up in the stars for you..

especially if you're bennett.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/othipq/this_is_probably_the_most_bennett_thing_ever/

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So do they usually announce all the characters that will be in the next banner before it changes? Trying to decide if I should just pop all my gems now.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    well if the wiki is to be believed, the only rate-ups are yoyi and sayu https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Tapestry_of_Golden_Flames/2021-08-10

the official Hoyolabs post seems to come 2 or 3 days before the actual banner drop so... up to you if you wanna wait it out.

Xantus on
  • Options
    That would be cool, if only to avoid a C30 Bennett or whoever trying to get a couple of Sayu.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Damn, reading Yoimiya's skill list there and she seems really stacked with options. I knew her skill was silly (she's going to apply reactions like crazy), but I hadn't actually read her burst or passives. That burst sets up big reactions for other people nicely too it seems. 20% pyro dmg up on her from her skill, then burst and give the party 20% attack up. And her constellations... 6s of 25% pyro up if she crits with pyro (which should be always with any decent crit rate?)... yeesh.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    I suppose Yoimiya is going to be more about setting pyro for your cryo characters to trigger Melt with? With the speed of her attacks, I don't think having her being the trigger for Melt or Vaporize is practical. Of course, you could also just ignore the big reactions and throw her together with Xiangling and Kazuha. That kind of team is already very much a thing with Klee.

Either way, I'll be passing on her. Sucks to miss out on Sayu though; she'll actually be the first 4* who I miss out on initially. But I'm sure I'll get another chance sooner or later.

• Options
    I suppose Yoimiya is going to be more about setting pyro for your cryo characters to trigger Melt with? With the speed of her attacks, I don't think having her being the trigger for Melt or Vaporize is practical. Of course, you could also just ignore the big reactions and throw her together with Xiangling and Kazuha. That kind of team is already very much a thing with Klee.

Either way, I'll be passing on her. Sucks to miss out on Sayu though; she'll actually be the first 4* who I miss out on initially. But I'm sure I'll get another chance sooner or later.

Xiangqiu would let her vaporize liberally. Fischl c6 results in infinity+1 overloads. But yes, it feels like her rotation is to have her drop in, skill and shoot 10 arrows to max talent 1, then burst and tag out to someone who wants to set up her off-field explosions with that liberal pile of buffs. The burst detonation is a 2s interval it seems? So much more feasible for reactions when she's off-field.

• Options

Xiangqiu would let her vaporize liberally. Fischl c6 results in infinity+1 overloads. But yes, it feels like her rotation is to have her drop in, skill and shoot 10 arrows to max talent 1, then burst and tag out to someone who wants to set up her off-field explosions with that liberal pile of buffs. The burst detonation is a 2s interval it seems? So much more feasible for reactions when she's off-field.

From the brief time we had with her, I got the impression that she'd have the same problem as Klee where it's easy for Xingqiu to fall behind on hydro application. If he starts being the one to trigger Vaporize, it's really not worth it. Yanfei doesn't have as much of a problem with that thanks to her attack speed and lack of multihits on her abilities.

• Options
    On a different note: The Tatara Tales quest was cute the first couple days but now its just silly.

Upside is I think it'll have been worth like 150-200 gems or something by the end.

• Options
    On a different note: The Tatara Tales quest was cute the first couple days but now its just silly.

Upside is I think it'll have been worth like 150-200 gems or something by the end.

the final fight was a bit of a doozy if you're not all powerlevelled.
    but the reward is amazing ;D

i found an inazuma quest... in dragonspine? they really do hide things everywhere..

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular

the final fight was a bit of a doozy if you're not all powerlevelled.
    but the reward is amazing ;D

i found an inazuma quest... in dragonspine? they really do hide things everywhere..

For all the new stuff Inazuma has there is also quite a bit of call backs in quests.

• Options
    well if the wiki is to be believed, the only rate-ups are yoyi and sayu https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Tapestry_of_Golden_Flames/2021-08-10

the official Hoyolabs post seems to come 2 or 3 days before the actual banner drop so... up to you if you wanna wait it out.

There's always one 5* and three 4*s, they just haven't revealed the other two 4*s yet. They don't want getting c6 Sayu (or whatever new 4*) to be too easy or cheap.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Lucky for me I only *need* Sayu for her passive. I don’t care about her constellations right away, she can chill at level 1 in my party for all I care.

It’ll be a fun “exploration” party: Klee, Qiqi, Sayu, (Albedo, prob? Maybe Kazuha?)

Find all the things, nab all the things.

akjak on
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Lucky for me I only *need* Sayu for her passive. I don’t care about her constellations right away, she can chill at level 1 in my party for all I care.

It’ll be a fun “exploration” party: Klee, Qiqi, Sayu, (Albedo, prob? Maybe Kazuha?)

Find all the things, nab all the things.

Sayu + Kazuha would be anemo resonance. Decreases Stamina Consumption by 15%. Increases Movement SPD by 10%. Shortens Skill CD by 5%. Always nice for moving around.

• Options
    or ninguang for the ore highlighting..

• Options
    or ninguang for the ore highlighting..

QiQi would already be pointing out the Liuye ones.

• Options
    Do we know who has the Inazuma local specialty passive yet?

Cause god, that would make tracking down these stupid Sakura Blooms for Ayaka a whole lot easier (only 107 left to go, haha, fuck me).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    Do we know who has the Inazuma local specialty passive yet?

Cause god, that would make tracking down these stupid Sakura Blooms for Ayaka a whole lot easier (only 107 left to go, haha, fuck me).

At least so far, no one on honey impact has it.

• Options
    I'm just hoping it goes on a 4*.

• Options
    History would say “nah”