As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Itto and Gorou kits are leaked. As somebody with Albedo and Zhongli I wouldn't mind getting both, though having an all geo boy band with no waifus in it isn't really why I started playing Genshin.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Geo Boy Band sounds great to me. Personally.

Defeat enemies with the power of Rock.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    60 primos
    BSPD3ZRXU985

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is it a bad idea to chase Polar Star? If I don't have enough to make 100 total pulls or w/e for a guaranteed drop?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Is it a bad idea to chase Polar Star? If I don't have enough to make 100 total pulls or w/e for a guaranteed drop?

You need 240 pulls for a guaranteed Polar Star. If you have less than that it's all about how lucky you are feeling and how much you like the other weapons on the banner.

• Options
    And Memory of Dust ain't great. It's not bad, but I wouldn't be thrilled getting it.

(At least it's not Everlasting Moonglow)

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    And Memory of Dust ain't great. It's not bad, but I wouldn't be thrilled getting it.

(At least it's not Everlasting Moonglow)

You hush, Moonglow's great.

For exactly one character.

Who nobody much wanted but me, apparently.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I'm just amazed at how the new healing set will make Maiden's even more irrelevant. That shouldn't be possible.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I'm just amazed at how the new healing set will make Maiden's even more irrelevant. That shouldn't be possible.

Hey, we need to get artifact xp fodder from somewhere

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Hey, we need to get artifact xp fodder from somewhere

I get enough of that trying to get EM VV pieces, thanks.

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    man.. abyss 11-3 with the cicins and agent... what a ridiculous floor. i spent like half an hour going at it til I finally managed to down them... only to then finally notice "Enemies killed 3/6"

okay, jesus christ, guess I give up til I have more levelled characters ;p the lvl 93 enemies kinda limit my choices for real dps at the moment..

or maybe my team of sucrose mona yanfei kokomi was just too fragile and stamina reliant since it's such a dodge-fest when you don't just obliterate things.

qiqi-ayaka-xingQ-venti are already taken for the other side... what do ya think would be a better combo vs the electro/cryo cicins? i feel like bennett healing alone wouldn't be enough to keep up with the crazy damage.. maybe i could replace mona with bennett.
    ohjai0k5qe89.jpg

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    What main stats should I be looking for on Childe's Heart of the Depths pieces?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    What main stats should I be looking for on Childe's Heart of the Depths pieces?

Atk/hydro/crit. Substats as much ATK/crit as you can get your hands on. A little energy recharge never hurt anyone, but Childe does pretty good on energy generally.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Main stats would probably be Atk% Sands (Elemental Mastery is important for him but I don't think important enough to go for an EM Sands), Hydro Damage Goblet and a Crit Rate/Damage Circlet.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    And as usual unless you are super lucky you are better off grabbing an off-set hydro cup from your stash than waiting a million years to get a HoD one and getting the 4-set bonus from the other 4 pieces.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    If the healing set works with overhealing, Qiqi might skyrocket in value.

If this thing is real as the weapon coming with Itto, I wonder if it'll be as good for Noelle as it looks like it might be. Helps that I'm not interested in Itto, so I can pull on weapon banner.

FBnJYK6X0AcGLxU.png

Kamar on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    If the healing set works with overhealing, Qiqi might skyrocket in value.

If this thing is real as the weapon coming with Itto, I wonder if it'll be as good for Noelle as it looks like it might be. Helps that I'm not interested in Itto, so I can pull on weapon banner.

FBnJYK6X0AcGLxU.png

Yes, that is obnoxiously good for Noelle.

• Options
    Also there's a free sword in 2.3 that is absurdly good for Albedo. Def substat.

Maxes at 69%.

• Options
    edited October 2021

Maxes at 69%.

It's not as good as it sounds (not that it's bad) - he relies on crit from Harbinger of Dawn or Festering Desire to a kind-of hidden degree.

E: Obviously you can try to make it up in the artifacts but basically you're playing itemization Musical Chairs.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Another newbish question:

Is there any reason to not turn 1600 primogen into 10 of the leftmost wish (unless I don’t want the 5 star hero for whatever reason) immediately?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Penumbra wrote: »

Is there any reason to not turn 1600 primogen into 10 of the leftmost wish (unless I don’t want the 5 star hero for whatever reason) immediately?

You can go ahead and turn your primogems into Intertwined Fates. I tend to wait until I'm actually rolling, but it doesn't matter.

It's worth mentioning that you can instead turn primogems into resin a few times per day (at an increasing cost), so some people like doing that sometimes if they really want to grind for something. I don't recommend it, though.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options

You don't need to convert the primogens manually at all, you can just hit the 10-wish button (once there's a banner you like) and it pays it with primogens directly.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Maxes at 69%.

It's not as good as it sounds (not that it's bad) - he relies on crit from Harbinger of Dawn or Festering Desire to a kind-of hidden degree.

E: Obviously you can try to make it up in the artifacts but basically you're playing itemization Musical Chairs.

Besides the +69% DEF, the new sword also has "Elemental Skill gets 80% of DEF as damage (1.5s CD)". Probably BiS 4* for Albedo by a fair margin.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Mirkel wrote: »

Maxes at 69%.

Besides the +69% DEF, the new sword also has "Elemental Skill gets 80% of DEF as damage (1.5s CD)". Probably BiS 4* for Albedo by a fair margin.

Yeah, I had a buddy in my ear about it last night since there was already a very real chance I try chasing C2 when Albedo's rerun comes around. It's a rude, rude weapon.

But what'll happen, I'm basically sure, is that the tiny handful of us using Albedo will replace our Harbinger / Festering Desire (better on Kaeya or Bennett anyway) with this thing, then swap in a crit or damage circlet, then start fiddling around with substats...

Big game of swapsies. Even at the crazy-pushed place Itto / Gorou / Noelle / Albedo could take Defense, you're going to want other stats, the same way you don't want to just jam Attack.

Auralynx on
  • Options

there is always the slim chance that they introduce some new kind of banner with a new wish..

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

I'd advise against turning them into fates before you're rolling. I tend to check out the wish banner from time to time, and whenever i get a blue wish, i jump in to throw it down.

There have been more than a few times where I'm clicking faster than I'm thinking, and accidentally clicked on the character/weapon banner when I didn't want to roll. If you don't have primos, it will ask you first before it converts into a wish (and even then you have to hit "roll" again). So it's a nice safety blanket.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Mirkel wrote: »

Maxes at 69%.

Yeah, I had a buddy in my ear about it last night since there was already a very real chance I try chasing C2 when Albedo's rerun comes around. It's a rude, rude weapon.

But what'll happen, I'm basically sure, is that the tiny handful of us using Albedo will replace our Harbinger / Festering Desire (better on Kaeya or Bennett anyway) with this thing, then swap in a crit or damage circlet, then start fiddling around with substats...

Big game of swapsies. Even at the crazy-pushed place Itto / Gorou / Noelle / Albedo could take Defense, you're going to want other stats, the same way you don't want to just jam Attack.

Albedo is going to want 4pc Husk of Opulent Dreams anyways, so he'll need a whole new artifact set instead of some substat fiddling. Only thing you'll keep is probably his old geo cup.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I guess I should have gone hunting for Ascension materials before my World Level increased to 3? Now my level 40 dudes have to knock out level 50 bosses.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I guess I should have gone hunting for Ascension materials before my World Level increased to 3? Now my level 40 dudes have to knock out level 50 bosses.

Kind of a tossup at that level. The world bosses' moves stay the same throughout, but their drops (and stats) improve. If you weren't having issues dodging before, you're arguably better off if you've got the patience to work through the bigger health pools.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    WL3 is the first time you can start seeing 5* artifact drops from the weekly bosses.

editing your signature to say "come help me bash world bosses" is also effective for co-op ;D

• Options
    Went through the list in the OP and sent requests, but I'll throw my ID here for anyone else: 638605162

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Went through the list in the OP and sent requests, but I'll throw my ID here for anyone else: 638605162

How does multiplayer work?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    edited October 2021

You can join the world of anyone at the same or lower WL. You'll control 2 characters in a 2-person setup, or just one w/ 3 or 4.

The host can then invite you to Domains they have unlocked, or you can gang up on outdoor bosses, or whatever.

You can't trigger the Investigate shinies, open chests, or use most interactables, but you can pick flowers, murder pigeons for meat, and so on.

Mostly it's used to gang up on bosses or help friends get ascension materials.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular

You can join the world of anyone at the same or lower WL. You'll control 2 characters in a 2-person setup, or just one w/ 3 or 4.

The host can then invite you to Domains they have unlocked, or you can gang up on outdoor bosses, or whatever.

You can't trigger the Investigate shinies, open chests, or use most interactables, but you can pick flowers, murder pigeons for meat, and so on.

Mostly it's used to gang up on bosses or help friends get ascension materials steal other people's limited spawn resources

FTFY as someone who forced my son to open his world last night so I could pick it clean of crystal marrow to level my Aloy. Does this make me a bad father?

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options

Mostly it's used to gang up on bosses or help friends get ascension materials steal other people's limited spawn resources

FTFY as someone who forced my son to open his world last night so I could pick it clean of crystal marrow to level my Aloy. Does this make me a bad father?

No more than it's made me a bad friend to steal my buddy's pearls.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

Not as well as you'd like.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    McMoogle wrote: »

it is quite dumb that they disable revive foods in co-op domains.
    often makes it harder than just doing it solo since any death really tanks your dps and the mobs have stupid amounts of health in co-op.
    it's a strange system that incentivizes really powerful players to just solo, since the odds of rolling a random pub group that can beat your solo times is quite low... all it really does is add a risk of completely failing the domain.

also, the mechanic of "if the host triggers the domain start key before everyone is inside the bounds, those players are locked out" is ... really stupid.

Xantus on
  • Options
    Xantus wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »

it is quite dumb that they disable revive foods in co-op domains.
    often makes it harder than just doing it solo since any death really tanks your dps and the mobs have stupid amounts of health in co-op.
    it's a strange system that incentivizes really powerful players to just solo, since the odds of rolling a random pub group that can beat your solo times is quite low... all it really does is add a risk of completely failing the domain.

also, the mechanic of "if the host triggers the domain start key before everyone is inside the bounds, those players are locked out" is ... really stupid.

Revive foods work fine in 2-player co-op. It's when you've only got one character they're cut out.

• Options

I haven't unlocked Inazuma yet, so my Aloy is stuck at 20. :(

• Options