Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Maddoc wrote: »
    This is actually the first crossover they've ever done, so it's kind of a big deal

Add to that that I think the only reason it's happening is that Eva was such a huge influence on Honkai

I re-rolled my account when 4.5 hit(The new Starter banner is amazing...if you absolutely bust your ass, get lucky, or wallet like I did).

The Starter Banner when you hit level 20(which is like, a couple of hours tops)is Hercherr of Thunder Mei(The Best DPS in the game and a flagship character) and Azure Empyrea Fu-Ha(The best support in the game, and also a flagship character.).

Also Asuka is a FREE S character(With an S character style moveset, which is very over the top rad) for just playing all of the story.

It's a good time to start, especially since 4.6 is bringing another free choose an S rank character in a few months.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Also there is SO MUCH LOVE put into the Honkai Eva event, it is absolutely astounding.

They shelled out the dollars to get the RE-BUILD SOUNDTRACK. The first half of the event is literally a remixed retelling of the first episode, and the characters they choose to play certain Eva characters is downright incredible.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Optimized slightly further...
    z7Lkvca.png

And the result of that bullying:
    l9Vl18zl.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Dang. Those codes expired fast.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Genshin codes seen to have a one day shelf life for the most part

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Genshin codes seen to have a one day shelf life for the most part

The stream ones do. As they're supposed to be a measure of engagement with the streams.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Can I just say F you to the Honkai Impact talk. I finally looked at some videos of it, and am now thinking about playing it. :)

Is there any open world stuff in it, or is it only combat encounters?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Waveform wrote: »
    I'm having extremely good results with 4 piece Archaic Petra on Zhongli and 4 piece Retracing Bolide on Ganyu + a Pyro unit to provide Melt. Worth considering if you don't want to go for a Freeze build with her.

I think Bolide only works for the character that *casts* the shield.

You’re having luck because Ganyu’s dps is just that high, esp with a shield so she can’t get stunned out of her aim. Put the cryo set on her instead.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Optimized slightly further...
    z7Lkvca.png

Damn. After stubbornly trying to beat this time with the comp I was using before, I realize how fast it actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwHeVaB0oo

I did lose about a second or so at the end for misjudging where to dash, but it took a few runs to get anything that smooth. Either way, I can't get enough of using Childe and Beidou together. The ridiculous strings of numbers are just so satisfying every time.

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    Can I just say F you to the Honkai Impact talk. I finally looked at some videos of it, and am now thinking about playing it. :)

Technically it has 3 "Open World" maps but they are more just maps with space between combat encounters rather than exploration zones. Honkai is Arena Fights, sometimes the arena are bigger or smaller but it never really does Exploration.

• Options
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Nought wrote: »

Technically it has 3 "Open World" maps but they are more just maps with space between combat encounters rather than exploration zones. Honkai is Arena Fights, sometimes the arena are bigger or smaller but it never really does Exploration.

If Genshin is Breath of the Wild, Honkai is Bayonetta.

• Options
    On my account with Zhongli, I now have both a Noblesse timepiece and a Noblesse goblet with +HP% main stat and Energy Recharge, Attack %, Crit Rate, and Crit Damage as the substats. I'm not sure how this happened exactly, but I'll take it.

I'm not actually sure if having HP% on both of them is ideal regardless of what I'm trying to do with him, but it's hard to imagine that subbing either of those artifacts out would be worth it. It's not so bad missing out on a geo damage goblet since it's his ascension stat, and I'm also using 2 piece Petra.

• Options
    WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm having extremely good results with 4 piece Archaic Petra on Zhongli and 4 piece Retracing Bolide on Ganyu + a Pyro unit to provide Melt. Worth considering if you don't want to go for a Freeze build with her.

You’re having luck because Ganyu’s dps is just that high, esp with a shield so she can’t get stunned out of her aim. Put the cryo set on her instead.

That would be a real problem if true, yeah. I tested this just now and it does work. Zhongli cast shield, switch to Ganyu, and her Aimed Shot (including bloom) does more damage. Utilizing both 4 piece sets together just about doubles her damage, it's great.

• Options
    WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    Also, who needs the Cryo set iq4ldjeza780.png

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The hell!?!?!?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    So Liben is live and they’re doing the thing where you can join a friends world to get different rewards. Honestly they all look pretty equivalent to me so I’m not seeing an AC turnip style need to travel, but I’ve got the straight weapon crystals today if anyone is interested in dropping by.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options

That would be a real problem if true, yeah. I tested this just now and it does work. Zhongli cast shield, switch to Ganyu, and her Aimed Shot (including bloom) does more damage. Utilizing both 4 piece sets together just about doubles her damage, it's great.
    Yeah, I think Akjak is confused by people complaining that the 2pc bonus only affects the active character. So if my Zhongli is wearing bollide, his shields get +35% but if you switch to someone else the shield goes back to regular strength. Both bonuses only apply to the wearer of the set, not anyone else you switch to.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

As long as there is a shield up, the bolide user gets the buff. This is why some people say running bolide on Childe is a valid tactic. Using noelle, you can have the shields up for a solid 45 seconds, if you do it right.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQBRXEeH9dM&t=736s

unrelated to this, anyone want to help me get the last few points for the boss event? I'm having troubles with the last couple, and without matching on the event itself, co-op is a bother to get set up.
    UID 60489062

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    I've avoided using bolide mostly because I'm concerned about how situational it is. Like, if you get hit enough to lose the shield, it kinda sucks. But the potential is definitely very high if you have a good enough setup and are good enough at avoiding hits. Kinda counter-productive though; shields normally allow more room for error. I suppose if your main dps is Ningguang or you are supporting with Albedo, even if you lose the shield, so many crystalize reactions happens that you can quickly get another one.

Setups involving Zhongli or Noelle are about to get a lot better, though.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8247 I didn't realize the web event had started. It's not much, but there's another 120 primo there

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    yeah, i'm currently at least completely focusing on builds/artifacts that give a consistent dps state that I can use to know where I stand, rather than fluctuating based on either the type of enemy i'm fighting or my ability to get the right stuff lined up.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I run Gladiator on Zhongli. It's 35% DMG% and an attack buff of 18% (the last of which which helps everything, not just normal or charged attacks).

I do not care about charged attacks with Zhongli I use animation cancelling before his last hit.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I run archaic/noblesse on zhongli for gigantic meteors. I’ve got some hp pieces picked out for the patch, but waiting to see exactly if he’s better ulting or attacking to finalize the goblet.

In other news, my Liben has the 20k mora + 4 xp books today.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I have to say, as good as the voice talent is, the Japanese dubbing habit of localizing names never stops seeming weird to me.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Tartaglia has a pretty set in stone burst damage cycle, to the extent that the Hydro artifact set seems very much like it is tailored specifically to him.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tartaglia has a pretty set in stone burst damage cycle, to the extent that the Hydro artifact set seems very much like it is tailored specifically to him.

It's also very good for Mona since she's dropping her taunt bot every chance she gets.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Not too surprising they would do that, considering crimson witch is pretty much tailor made for Diluc and he's pretty much the only pyro that can take full advantage of the 4pc bonus given the timing on his E skill.

• Options
    Did we ever get confirmation that xiao uses the new boss drop for his ascension rather than the wind cube?

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    I run archaic/noblesse on zhongli for gigantic meteors. I’ve got some hp pieces picked out for the patch, but waiting to see exactly if he’s better ulting or attacking to finalize the goblet.

I honestly do not think it is going to be worth doing hp after the patch. The way I calculated it, just his base hp is going to give him a massive boost to every hit. So I'm gonna run him focused towards boosting normal attack as normal and just enjoy the free deeps added on from his hp.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »

I honestly do not think it is going to be worth doing hp after the patch. The way I calculated it, just his base hp is going to give him a massive boost to every hit. So I'm gonna run him focused towards boosting normal attack as normal and just enjoy the free deeps added on from his hp.

It depends on what you're using him for. You're probably right that if you're using him as your main dps (most likely with Crescent Pike), then building for attack and using 4pc Gladiators is probably the way to go. But if you're using him for support and want to just drop big meteors on people, building a lot of HP was always good, and will be better after the patch since his Steele damage will be relevant now too (both because the damage itself will be way higher, and because you still get a steele when creating a shield).

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Stele damage, meh. Stele energy regen even with a shield? :+1:

One of my favourite things to do with him is run him with traveller geo. Drop stele, switch drop traveller meteor spaced away a bit, traveller burst (which also triggers his stele). Do this in a big group and you get back to back meteors.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I use a Favonius pike, so auto attacking is purely for energy regen at the moment. That and pairing him with Albedo gives ults reliably on cooldown, so geo damage and attack are currently what I'm building for. With the changes on shields and hp, it may make more sense to build hp and maybe ult a little less frequently but protect the other guys more. If I can get a staff of homa on him, then I might go for an auto-attack dps build, but I do like him as burst support at the moment.

• Options
    Yeah I wanted to go for albedo for the synergy but it isn't my account and it only would have been nice, not necessary. Especially when geo traveller can do it if I want it.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

It's also very good for Mona since she's dropping her taunt bot every chance she gets.

I'm largely unconcerned with Mona's personal damage honestly, she's Noblesse Oblige for me

• Options
    My second account fell ass-backwards into a C1 Mona, and also has a Widsith to use (no Solar Pearl since that account is staying completely FTP), so I definitely intend to do some actual investment into her at some point. I dunno who I'd use her with, though. Maybe I'll get some constellations for Fischl at some point.

That constellation would be a lot more useful for my main account. Even a bit more freeze duration would be real nice for Ganyu.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I'm largely unconcerned with Mona's personal damage honestly, she's Noblesse Oblige for me

I built her as a DPS. I just really like her kit, but mostly because I can *bloop* into and out of the ground. It's like constantly jumping in an MMO.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    If you build Mona as DPS, she can pop in, Burst for 30-50k and amp whoever comes afterwards, and pop out. That's probably going to be more than the equivalent damage you could've put out in 12s.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    If you build Mona as DPS, she can pop in, Burst for 30-50k and amp whoever comes afterwards, and pop out. That's probably going to be more than the equivalent damage you could've put out in 12s.

Oh sure.

But *BLOOP* is amusing and thus more important.

• Options
    I was scanning the twitterverse to see if there was any more information on the 4*s that will be with xiao, but I haven't seen anything.

• Options
    As a test, I have done exactly what I said I wouldn't do any time soon. I fully ascended a character. Beidou, of course. Leaving her at 80 for now (90 tempting mostly for increased electro-charged damage, but I won't go for that until I have a surplus of exp kicking around), so I'm mostly testing if it's worth it just for the increases stats (especially ascension stat) and talent levels.

So far, without talent levels, it's not much of an increase. I do notice a bit more damage on her burst thanks to electro damage being her ascension stat, but I'm not convinced it's worth it on its own. Maybe if you've played long enough that you have a lot of those shards that are used for ascensions built up from weekly bosses, although that problem will be mitigated somewhat in the patch when we can convert stuff from other elements. Anyway, that was expected; the real test will be if the damage boost from upgrading her talent levels will be significant. Of course, I can see the damage modifiers on the wiki, but it'll be easier to tell how relevant that increase actually is when I have it. And how much time it will take to get the books for it.