As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »
    The lyre "rhythm" game for windblume is more fun than it has any right to be on a keyboard, for me.

The skydiving event i find more annoying than enjoyable.

Shooting balloons is always fun.

Ganyu's ability isn't suppressed during the balloon shooting. So uh.. that's fun.

Neither is venti's C1 triple shot.

*weeps in childe*

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I thought Ganyu's explosion shot would be useful, but it turns out you're just better off rapid firing to keep your combo up.

I'm just glad all the games are so forgiving. I feel like I'm doing terribly at shooting, I fuck up a lot during the rhythm game, and the gliding game doesn't seem to have any sort of set path, just random placements. But I've blown past the high scores on everything every time.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I thought Ganyu's explosion shot would be useful, but it turns out you're just better off rapid firing to keep your combo up.

I'm just glad all the games are so forgiving. I feel like I'm doing terribly at shooting, I fuck up a lot during the rhythm game, and the gliding game doesn't seem to have any sort of set path, just random placements. But I've blown past the high scores on everything every time.

You can keep the combo up because you're hitting seven balloons at once! :rotate:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    With events like this, I have to wonder if the difficulty for most of it is so low just to account for people playing on mobile? I wouldn't mind being pushed a little more... although the shooting game in particular takes so long that I'm glad that it's super easy. It'd be real annoying if failing and having to do it again was actually a concern.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I find the annoying part being forced to tromp through the fall-guy impact missions more than 5 times. 200 tickets per run is pathetically low

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Managed to 9-star floor 12 again in this cycle. Used a Ganyu-based freeze team instead of Xiao on my not-Beidou team this time around. I don't think that team's damage potential is as high (no Amos Bow, and freeze instead of melt for Ganyu), but it was a pretty smooth experience. Had to take a few tries to beat the timer on 12-3, but it wasn't very dangerous.

I should really upgrade Ganyu's bow to 90. I had her using the Viridescent Hunt for a while, which is at 90, but she's firmly on the Prototype Crescent now. Weapon upgrading is slow for me since I don't bother to go mining much.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    While the rest of my roster is between 40-60, I just leveled Lumine up to 70 because I keep having the ascension materials handy. Looking at weapons in the forge, Protoype Archaic looks really good for Noelle or Chongyun, I just feel really nervous spending my precious, precious billets. Am I missing anything, or is it a good claymore for them like it looks? (I use Chongyun the most. I haven't figured out how to get really good use out of Noelle or Ningguang yet).

• Options
    Noelle really wants Whiteblind since that Def buff is her bread and butter. Archaic is ok, I guess? If you're doing a DPS Chongyun it will do the job. As a backup/support Chongyun, you're better off with any of the EM claymores (I like Favonius for him).

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Prototype Archaic is very very good if you don't have other 4* claymores, and aren't planning on using Noelle. The Startomb is very good for Razor if you have Razor. But Whiteblind is like, I think it's still BiS for her above all other swords.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Noelle's weapon choice isn't set in stone, actually

Whiteblind is very good for her if you have a large amount of energy support, but Favonius with enough crit can allow her to be fairly self sufficient

R5 Favonius with some extra energy recharge substats from artifacts is enough to keep 100% uptime on her laser sword

• Options
    I'd only recommend Whiteblind for Noelle if you are really really sure you're going to stay committed to using her, since nobody else wants it. It's definitely very good for her, though. I generally think forging the Archaic is a better idea, since it's at least pretty good for everyone.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Pls dont kill me but we keep getting spear billets.

Im sorry.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Pls dont kill me but we keep getting spear billets.

Im sorry.

I maxed out the crescent pike and have 4 waiting still

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Razor now 10/12/12 weee~

Meanwhile Ningguang still waiting on the damn wolf to drop more of her materials.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Razor now 10/12/12 weee~

Meanwhile Ningguang still waiting on the damn wolf to drop more of her materials.

He's looking pretty sharp!

No matter which way you slice it he's a cut above!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Razor now 10/12/12 weee~

Stats if you're curious. Can still improve his artifacts but Gladiator is hard to farm for.
    GHMoglc.png

Since it's cut off. Physical Goblet 88.1% Bonus Physical. If I ever get a really good Atk goblet I might swap. Also need a better Helmet.

....Meanwhile I might retire him when I get Eula and build her...

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    I have Jean at 10/8/9 and can't go any higher because I can't get any more tails. Stupid rng.

• Options
    If I had a Jean C2 I could fix so many comps with that.

Alas, I have a Jean C-Negative-1.

• Options
    Razor now 10/12/12 weee~

Stats if you're curious. Can still improve his artifacts but Gladiator is hard to farm for.
    GHMoglc.png

Since it's cut off. Physical Goblet 88.1% Bonus Physical. If I ever get a really good Atk goblet I might swap. Also need a better Helmet.

Do you have him using the Wolf's Gravestone or something? I finally got around to doing the last ascension for Razor on my alt account yesterday, so upgrading his talents are the next priority. I got him using the crafted claymore from dragonspine, which I really like, but I think my stats are way off yours. I've got way less attack and worse crit stats, but more +physical. Given I'm using that claymore, there's definitely some consideration for switching to an atk goblet.

• Options
    Razor now 10/12/12 weee~

GHMoglc.png

Do you have him using the Wolf's Gravestone or something? I finally got around to doing the last ascension for Razor on my alt account yesterday, so upgrading his talents are the next priority. I got him using the crafted claymore from dragonspine, which I really like, but I think my stats are way off yours. I've got way less attack and worse crit stats, but more +physical. Given I'm using that claymore, there's definitely some consideration for switching to an atk goblet.

Yeah. WGS currently. Got one on him and Diluc now thanks to the Homa banner. All flower, feather, and hourglass have 2-3 rolls that didn't go into the dps stats. His goblet and helmet have more and are the most upgradable. But none of his artifacts are bad.

Double checked the Razor Mains math and spreadsheets. Atk Cup with Serpent Spine (especially high refine), Physical Cup with everything else is the general rule.

• Options
    Razor now 10/12/12 weee~

GHMoglc.png

Yeah. WGS currently. Got one on him and Diluc now thanks to the Homa banner. All flower, feather, and hourglass have 2-3 rolls that didn't go into the dps stats. His goblet and helmet have more and are the most upgradable. But none of his artifacts are bad.

Double checked the Razor Mains math and spreadsheets. Atk Cup with Serpent Spine (especially high refine), Physical Cup with everything else is the general rule.

I'm totally fine with continuing to use a physical goblet, so that's fine. I just need my artifacts to generally be better, after I work on his talents.

I'd love to swap to using Bolide for him so that I can actually farm some good artifacts, but Zhongli is already committed to my Ningguang team.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Razor now 10/12/12 weee~

GHMoglc.png

I'm totally fine with continuing to use a physical goblet, so that's fine. I just need my artifacts to generally be better, after I work on his talents.

I'd love to swap to using Bolide for him so that I can actually farm some good artifacts, but Zhongli is already committed to my Ningguang team.

Yeah, assuming good substats, 4Glad leads the way but the next best thing is 2Glad/2Bloodstained and 4 Bolide (IF you keep a shield up 100%). Bolide falls way off without having a shield up, obviously. He doesn't do charge attacks, nor rely on weapon procs like C. Pike, so the more universal Bloodstained doesn't pull ahead.

A 2pc Bloodstained + 2pc Pale Flame (upcoming 1.5 artifact set) might end up being really good on him. I'm concerned about him being able to keep up the 4pc Pale Flame bonus though. Depends if his Q procs it or only his E. If the Q works, then 4pc of it might be his new best set.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Putting in a second post for reference and to spoiler for people.

The two upcoming 1.5 Artifact sets. One's a Physical DPS set, the other is made for Zhongli.
    The Last Act of Foolishness / Pale Flame 2pc: Physical DMG is increased by 25%. 4pc: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, ATK is increased by 6% for 7s. This effect stacks up to 3 times and can be triggered once every 0.3s. Once 3 stacks are reached, the 2-set effect is increased by 100%.

Tenacity of the Millelith 2pc: HP increased by 20% 4pc: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20%. Their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. Effect can stack.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    omg that zhongli set "Effect can stack" woof hoo boy, gee whiz

just plop a column down and watch the numbers go up as it ticks

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's just the shield strength that stacks, not the party attack buff.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's just the shield strength that stacks, not the party attack buff.

Probably, otherwise it would be ridiculous. My c2 zhongli will be laughing for co-op though, no healers needed, no one will ever take a point of damage!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    The physical set is so obviously made for Eula's kit.

They're not letting us pre-farm for her at all lol.

• Options

That set would be pretty great on Keqing or Jean, as well.

• Options

Isn't Rosaria all physical dps too? Would make sense they are pushing it out for the new chars.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »

Isn't Rosaria all physical dps too? Would make sense they are pushing it out for the new chars.

My question is if the duration of each buff refreshes when you get a new stack. I would expect not, in which case you'd either need a really low cooldown on your E, or else the ability to hit three times with one use of it (with at least 0.3 seconds between each hit).

Xinyan would probably love that set, at least assuming that the shield generated by her burst at C2 counts as being damage from her E skill. I don't know if it's enough, though.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Putting in a second post for reference and to spoiler for people.

The two upcoming 1.5 Artifact sets. One's a Physical DPS set, the other is made for Zhongli.
    The Last Act of Foolishness / Pale Flame 2pc: Physical DMG is increased by 25%. 4pc: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, ATK is increased by 6% for 7s. This effect stacks up to 3 times and can be triggered once every 0.3s. Once 3 stacks are reached, the 2-set effect is increased by 100%.

Tenacity of the Millelith 2pc: HP increased by 20% 4pc: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20%. Their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. Effect can stack.

Wonder if that 2pc + Fire Witch 2pc will be the new Hu Tao setup

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Hu Tao does eff all for physical damage tho. You’re in her E stance or you’re on someone else.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Hu Tao does eff all for physical damage tho. You’re in her E stance or you’re on someone else.

If you didn't see, the other set is 20% HP for the 2pc.

• Options
    So you could have two +25% physical huh. Hmmm. 50% extra physical with no requirements or conditions.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

If you didn't see, the other set is 20% HP for the 2pc.

I thought they were talking about the phys set. My bad

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »

My question is if the duration of each buff refreshes when you get a new stack. I would expect not, in which case you'd either need a really low cooldown on your E, or else the ability to hit three times with one use of it (with at least 0.3 seconds between each hit).

Xinyan would probably love that set, at least assuming that the shield generated by her burst at C2 counts as being damage from her E skill. I don't know if it's enough, though.

For some reason I thought her E skill was like Xiangling: dropping a turret that does multiple cryo applications. Looks like the description on honeyhunter is a one-off backstab though, so yeah seems unlikely to be able to accumulate stacks.

• Options
    Finally managed to 3star Floor 11 and get my 36 star abyss clear. Floor 12 I was already able to 3star.

Hr5Hi1n.png

lVsZXtD.png

Better late than never. I still hate the current floor 11.

• Options
    I would both Awesome and Agree if I could. I was really happy in the last cycle when I was able to 9-star both floors, but I didn't bother to do it on floor 11 this time. I can accept missing out on 50 primos if it means not going through that again.

• Options
    Geo Constructs made me feel like Gandalf.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Also Ningguang continues to be both amazing as a carry and as a burst support.

• Options
    Eight lvl 90s? I am jealous! I have no idea how you get so many books. I cap my guys at 81 and I’m still barely scraping up enough xp to level my supports.