As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Genshin Impact] Razor is a Good Boy (1.3 trailer released)

13132333537

Posts

  • metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    Yeah, the shockwaves were doing most of the damage I think. Seemed to take 4-5 normals per bot once they were frozen.

  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed the text blurb saying it, every arena battle has a special bonus effect. For this ruin guard one, freezing and attacking frozen enemies will do additional shockwave damage. So you can try that and it might be the edge you need.

    I noticed it and tried to utilize it, but I don't really have a good freezing team set up. I did far better with just Xiao jumping up and down, just not quite well enough.

    You really have to use the bonus they give you. It is a lot of damage to be dealing extra.

    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    Auralynx
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited April 5
    Zhongli's shield is a hell of a drug man. You don't need healing if you never take any damage. :)

    Woosh. Basically in orbit.

    It wasnt about healing.

    It was about abusing the frozen aoe mechanic.

    I just found it funny that it happened to work best for us with the two healers although we did use some lvl 20 Chongyun too. Had to be real careful cos he got one shot with any attack.

    Dont worry I was not rehashing that argument. Just telling a story. Zhongli is our main deeps so they had plenty of shields too.

    It sure was funny watching Barbs flail away and these big ol robots are taking big chunks of damage! :+1:

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    Do you have to clear the max difficulty of every level of the Contending Tides challenge? Of just clear one of them each day for the BP? I haven't used Diona or Barbara much (they're at level 50, with the Messanger and Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers' so I can kind of formulate a punishing plan, but still working on it.

  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Do you have to clear the max difficulty of every level of the Contending Tides challenge? Of just clear one of them each day for the BP? I haven't used Diona or Barbara much (they're at level 50, with the Messanger and Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers' so I can kind of formulate a punishing plan, but still working on it.

    I was wondering the same. If I had to guess, I think clearing the easiest level for each would be enough since it says "all challenges", not "all challenges at max difficulty" or whatever. I did clear the ruin guards with a stupid team of Childe, Barbs, Qiqi and Diona. Go team healer, go! Today's challenge was a lot easier and it didn't even require me to use the atk bonus much, I just bounced up and down with Xiao again. Boing boing boing.

    Speaking of which, I was super-sad when my bounty had "takes greatly increased plunging attack damage" with "immune to ameno". Would've loved to see those 75k crits.

  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited April 6
    Damn. Rude! Bullying Xiao just cos hes short!

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited April 6
    Hmm. I think I'm about ready to take a break until we get a new area.

    I wanted Venti, but have about 40 pulls until 100% pity, but buying primogems directly is way too expensive.

    Have found that I don't like Spiral Abyss. Always put if off until just before it closes, and then get mad when it doesn't go smooth on floor 9.

    Got Black Sword to r5, and need about 15 lvls on the battlepass. And my moon primos are down to six more days.


    Have anyone else noticed a bug with the animation resetting when running with characters? It feels like its stopping me from moveing at top speed, but it might just be the stagger walk that makes it feel that way.

    Nought on
    On fire
    .
    Island. Being on fire.
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed the text blurb saying it, every arena battle has a special bonus effect. For this ruin guard one, freezing and attacking frozen enemies will do additional shockwave damage. So you can try that and it might be the edge you need.

    I noticed it and tried to utilize it, but I don't really have a good freezing team set up. I did far better with just Xiao jumping up and down, just not quite well enough.

    You really have to use the bonus they give you. It is a lot of damage to be dealing extra.

    I did switch to the Freeze Boys for Monday's. Got it in one with Kaeya, Chongyun, Xingqiu, and Ningguang for missile insurance.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I'm currently focusing on lightly farming for the things I can actually get for Eula's release. Currently don't have enough dandelions or resistance, dandelions are such a headache to get while just running around because i never have an anemo character.

    McMoogle
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Did Rosaria's test run, wasn't especially impressed. I guess people want her mostly for her looks anyways.

  • metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Did Rosaria's test run, wasn't especially impressed. I guess people want her mostly for her looks anyways.

    Supposedly she got nerfed a bunch from her Beta build, so the desire for her release may have been rooted in misplaced expectations.

  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Did Rosaria's test run, wasn't especially impressed. I guess people want her mostly for her looks anyways.

    Supposedly she got nerfed a bunch from her Beta build, so the desire for her release may have been rooted in misplaced expectations.

    Are we talking about her boobs or her combat abilities? :P

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Did Rosaria's test run, wasn't especially impressed. I guess people want her mostly for her looks anyways.

    Supposedly she got nerfed a bunch from her Beta build, so the desire for her release may have been rooted in misplaced expectations.

    Are we talking about her boobs or her combat abilities? :P

    Yes.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    Hellbore
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Anyway, the baffling Horny on Main internet reaction aside, Rosaria seems like a good Noblesse-toting support for melt teams, perhaps? Hard-pressed to see how she differs all that much from Kaeya in that regard apart from the free crit giveaway for the team.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Anyway, the baffling Horny on Main internet reaction aside, Rosaria seems like a good Noblesse-toting support for melt teams, perhaps? Hard-pressed to see how she differs all that much from Kaeya in that regard apart from the free crit giveaway for the team.

    It's a lot easier to c6 her, but other than that probably not much. Besides that +10% runspeed passive that only requires you to rotate the clock back to night every time it dawns.

  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited April 7
    Monthly pulls gave me Childe, C1 Rosaria, C5 Fishl C1 Chongyun and many extra Stardust from C7+ Barbara, plus a couple of 4 star weapons.

    Not sure how to build Rosaria yet, her C1 gives a buff per Crit so I built that up for now, plus the Favonius Lance for Skill uptime.

    Hellbore on
    ShadowfireSpectrumTransporter
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Pretty happy to get Rosaria on my first 10-pull, since I didn't want to go further and risk getting a constellation for Childe. Will definitely want constellations for her eventually, but not right now.

  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    Not super interested in Rosaria. Just seems like a dps who can apply cryo and we don't really need one.

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The thought of running Rosaria as a support for Jean is kind of interesting to me. Rosaria/Fischl to get Superconduct running, swap in Jean for massive amounts of ungabunga. Still toying around though.

    Or maybe a cryo-boosted one paired with Chongyun to really get those ice hits rolling.

    Hrm.. ideas.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I decided to pull for rosaria just to have her. I got her in 30 pulls, and since I was at 0 pity I'll call that a win. The real goal I'm currently setting is to grab Eula, so now I'll just be 30 in to the pity whenever her banner drops. And she might not even be the first banner on 1.5

  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Jesus lord almighty. 30 rolls, and 3 barbara 1 rust. I'm done rolling in this crappy banner. Strippernun bait be damned.

    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited April 7
    cursedking wrote: »
    I decided to pull for rosaria just to have her. I got her in 30 pulls, and since I was at 0 pity I'll call that a win. The real goal I'm currently setting is to grab Eula, so now I'll just be 30 in to the pity whenever her banner drops. And she might not even be the first banner on 1.5

    Rumours/leaks/wishful thinking has the banner schedule as Zhongli, Klee *then Eula, for whatever that's worth.

    *Might actually be another one in here, I don't remember.

    Hellbore on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Monthly pulls gave me Childe, C1 Rosaria, C5 Fishl C1 Chongyun and many extra Stardust from C7+ Barbara, plus a couple of 4 star weapons.
    ...I feel like you have a different definition of 'monthly pulls' than a lot of us do.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    McMoogleakjak
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Another day, another arena fight won with Xiao bouncing up and down until everything is dead. That charged attack bonus thing was a complete red herring, tried to utilize it first and it just either doesn't do much or requires far more charged attacks than I can possibly be bothered to do.

  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited April 7
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Monthly pulls gave me Childe, C1 Rosaria, C5 Fishl C1 Chongyun and many extra Stardust from C7+ Barbara, plus a couple of 4 star weapons.
    ...I feel like you have a different definition of 'monthly pulls' than a lot of us do.

    90 pulls, split between paid gems and saved free gems, and the accumulated Starglitter almost earned me another 10.

    Hellbore on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    I tried out Rosaria and I gotta say, I feel like her only real use is when you really wanna bust one out and are in a sexy nun mood, but also want to do your Genshin dailies and don't have much time, so you compromise and play her.

  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I got C2 Rosaria, Diluc (was expecting Childe, and now might have to build a new weapon for Razor) and a Rust bow out of 60 pulls, so I'm happy with the new banner. Rosaria is fun enough for me, just gotta figure out how to build her, phys like razor or hybrid or cryo/freeze. Also spent like 3 million mora leveling Rosaria and Diluc as best I could. :( Oh yeah, and finally got a character to 90, Zhongli, I enjoy him way too much.

    akirasig.jpg
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Garick wrote: »
    I tried out Rosaria and I gotta say, I feel like her only real use is when you really wanna bust one out and are in a sexy nun mood, but also want to do your Genshin dailies and don't have much time, so you compromise and play her.

    That might be the main reason why people might want to use her over Kaeya, but the fact that she's comparable to him is not a bad place to be. Kaeya is really tough competition. With constellations (particularly her C2) she might be better than him in a lot of parties.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Garick wrote: »
    I tried out Rosaria and I gotta say, I feel like her only real use is when you really wanna bust one out and are in a sexy nun mood, but also want to do your Genshin dailies and don't have much time, so you compromise and play her.

    That might be the main reason why people might want to use her over Kaeya, but the fact that she's comparable to him is not a bad place to be. Kaeya is really tough competition. With constellations (particularly her C2) she might be better than him in a lot of parties.

    Yeah, the primary difference is her A4 crit buff for everyone else on the team. Her Burst (especially given the C2 mods) seems like a do-over / new take on on the constant aura off-field ones like Xiangling and Fischl's.

    I think whatever she turns out to be good for is going to involve weaving something else in around the Burst pulses, but I'm not sure what yet; I'm not sure she's as natural a fit for Freeze comps as she first reads.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Garick wrote: »
    I tried out Rosaria and I gotta say, I feel like her only real use is when you really wanna bust one out and are in a sexy nun mood, but also want to do your Genshin dailies and don't have much time, so you compromise and play her.

    That might be the main reason why people might want to use her over Kaeya, but the fact that she's comparable to him is not a bad place to be. Kaeya is really tough competition. With constellations (particularly her C2) she might be better than him in a lot of parties.

    Yeah, the primary difference is her A4 crit buff for everyone else on the team. Her Burst (especially given the C2 mods) seems like a do-over / new take on on the constant aura off-field ones like Xiangling and Fischl's.

    I think whatever she turns out to be good for is going to involve weaving something else in around the Burst pulses, but I'm not sure what yet; I'm not sure she's as natural a fit for Freeze comps as she first reads.

    Yeah, if you're using her as your carry she's really more of a physical DPS focus. I think there's a reason they put the dragonspine spear on her in the test run.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Auralynx
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Garick wrote: »
    I tried out Rosaria and I gotta say, I feel like her only real use is when you really wanna bust one out and are in a sexy nun mood, but also want to do your Genshin dailies and don't have much time, so you compromise and play her.

    That might be the main reason why people might want to use her over Kaeya, but the fact that she's comparable to him is not a bad place to be. Kaeya is really tough competition. With constellations (particularly her C2) she might be better than him in a lot of parties.

    Yeah, the primary difference is her A4 crit buff for everyone else on the team. Her Burst (especially given the C2 mods) seems like a do-over / new take on on the constant aura off-field ones like Xiangling and Fischl's.

    I think whatever she turns out to be good for is going to involve weaving something else in around the Burst pulses, but I'm not sure what yet; I'm not sure she's as natural a fit for Freeze comps as she first reads.

    Yeah, if you're using her as your carry she's really more of a physical DPS focus. I think there's a reason they put the dragonspine spear on her in the test run.

    Also her c6 is a physical resistance shred.

    In other news I noticed something slightly annoying today - the auto-fill for artifact xp will happily waste xp fodder if you are reaching the cap and it uses different quality artifacts. Was getting very close to +20 and hit auto-fill, ended up looking like too many artifacts (first a bunch of blues, then a purple) and I tried taking off one blue artifact. It still showed that the xp would be capped. Obviously it is easier to code an auto-fill that just keeps on adding higher and higher level stuff and doesn't care if it uses a 4* artifact for 10 remaining xp but it's a bit lazy.

    Auralynx
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Garick wrote: »
    I tried out Rosaria and I gotta say, I feel like her only real use is when you really wanna bust one out and are in a sexy nun mood, but also want to do your Genshin dailies and don't have much time, so you compromise and play her.

    That might be the main reason why people might want to use her over Kaeya, but the fact that she's comparable to him is not a bad place to be. Kaeya is really tough competition. With constellations (particularly her C2) she might be better than him in a lot of parties.

    Yeah, the primary difference is her A4 crit buff for everyone else on the team. Her Burst (especially given the C2 mods) seems like a do-over / new take on on the constant aura off-field ones like Xiangling and Fischl's.

    I think whatever she turns out to be good for is going to involve weaving something else in around the Burst pulses, but I'm not sure what yet; I'm not sure she's as natural a fit for Freeze comps as she first reads.

    Yeah, if you're using her as your carry she's really more of a physical DPS focus. I think there's a reason they put the dragonspine spear on her in the test run.

    Also her c6 is a physical resistance shred.

    In other news I noticed something slightly annoying today - the auto-fill for artifact xp will happily waste xp fodder if you are reaching the cap and it uses different quality artifacts. Was getting very close to +20 and hit auto-fill, ended up looking like too many artifacts (first a bunch of blues, then a purple) and I tried taking off one blue artifact. It still showed that the xp would be capped. Obviously it is easier to code an auto-fill that just keeps on adding higher and higher level stuff and doesn't care if it uses a 4* artifact for 10 remaining xp but it's a bit lazy.

    Huh, that sounds like a quirk with it using different levels of artifacts. If you're just using auto-fill for 1-star artifacts, it definitely stops when you've fed enough to hit max.

  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Garick wrote: »
    I tried out Rosaria and I gotta say, I feel like her only real use is when you really wanna bust one out and are in a sexy nun mood, but also want to do your Genshin dailies and don't have much time, so you compromise and play her.

    That might be the main reason why people might want to use her over Kaeya, but the fact that she's comparable to him is not a bad place to be. Kaeya is really tough competition. With constellations (particularly her C2) she might be better than him in a lot of parties.

    Yeah, the primary difference is her A4 crit buff for everyone else on the team. Her Burst (especially given the C2 mods) seems like a do-over / new take on on the constant aura off-field ones like Xiangling and Fischl's.

    I think whatever she turns out to be good for is going to involve weaving something else in around the Burst pulses, but I'm not sure what yet; I'm not sure she's as natural a fit for Freeze comps as she first reads.

    Yeah, if you're using her as your carry she's really more of a physical DPS focus. I think there's a reason they put the dragonspine spear on her in the test run.

    Also her c6 is a physical resistance shred.

    In other news I noticed something slightly annoying today - the auto-fill for artifact xp will happily waste xp fodder if you are reaching the cap and it uses different quality artifacts. Was getting very close to +20 and hit auto-fill, ended up looking like too many artifacts (first a bunch of blues, then a purple) and I tried taking off one blue artifact. It still showed that the xp would be capped. Obviously it is easier to code an auto-fill that just keeps on adding higher and higher level stuff and doesn't care if it uses a 4* artifact for 10 remaining xp but it's a bit lazy.

    Huh, that sounds like a quirk with it using different levels of artifacts. If you're just using auto-fill for 1-star artifacts, it definitely stops when you've fed enough to hit max.

    Yeah, it stops when it goes over but it doesn't remove lower level artifacts even if the total would still be enough.

    Nought
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular


    How silly of me to think of Rosaria as being competition for Kaeya, when you could just use the two of them together and not care which one triggers Melt.

    vagrant_windsAuralynxShadowfire
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Rosaria's entire niche is "Man they sure did make a bunch of physical spears huh"

    Which like, isn't the worst niche in the world, Physical DPS that can apply Cryo is pretty solid (See: Kaeya)

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular


    How silly of me to think of Rosaria as being competition for Kaeya, when you could just use the two of them together and not care which one triggers Melt.

    That is some hardcore quick-swap styling.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    vagrant_winds
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I also enjoyed this less for high deeps and more for the Genshin May Cry gameplay.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/mlww3n/what_happens_when_you_use_100_of_your_brain_to/

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 7
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I also enjoyed this less for high deeps and more for the Genshin May Cry gameplay.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/mlww3n/what_happens_when_you_use_100_of_your_brain_to/

    That is rad, yeah.

    I know you can get that same popup off Albedo flowers - I've done it - it's just harder to do consistently, I suspect.

    Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I also enjoyed this less for high deeps and more for the Genshin May Cry gameplay.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/mlww3n/what_happens_when_you_use_100_of_your_brain_to/

    That is rad, yeah.

    I know you can get that same popup off Albedo flowers - I've done it - it's just harder to do consistently, I suspect.

    I used to get this occasionally when I paired Albedo with Keqing. Any time her normal attacks started juggling something (particularly abyss mages), I'd switch to him and drop his E immediately after she dashed through something. It would usually just bounce things away, but every now and then they'd get bounced straight up and go high enough to take fall damage.

    Auralynx
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I can do the Albedo pop up fairly reliably on flat ground

    It's the hills and terrain that fuck with it

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
Sign In or Register to comment.